Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I want Coach A to get another good laugh.

Started by -Blu, January 19, 2014, 11:55:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nextlevel

Quote from: -Blu on January 20, 2014, 12:44:36 pm
LOL what, somebody else please tell me they caught this guy, this is hilarious.  You just told nextlevel the only reason your posting so much now is because it's a holiday weekend, and the reason you didn't post during the wins was because you work Wednesday through Saturday, although you told me the reason you don't post during the wins is because your at every home game.  Now I'm trying to creep into your personal life, because I called you out on your lies.  Nice save.

He only likes to make time to post after losses, that's fine, look around, there are plenty others like him.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: -Blu on January 20, 2014, 12:44:36 pm
LOL what, somebody else please tell me they caught this guy, this is hilarious.  You just told nextlevel the only reason your posting so much now is because it's a holiday weekend, and the reason you didn't post during the wins was because you work Wednesday through Saturday, although you told me the reason you don't post during the wins is because your at every home game.  Now I'm trying to creep into your personal life, because I called you out on your lies.  Nice save.

Lies? You've confused yourself with your own assumptions. Never said anything about "only reason" or any other absolutes.

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

checkraiser88

Quote from: nextlevel on January 20, 2014, 12:46:29 pm
He only likes to make time to post after losses, that's fine, look around, there are plenty others like him.

As opposed to someone like you who rarely post after losses and only post after wins?

bphi11ips

Quote from: -Blu on January 20, 2014, 11:47:03 am

And as far as Arkansas a top 20 program, It's not even considered by experts as a top 25 destination for a coach at the moment.  I went and looked at some sites that rank the top destinations in college basketball, and Arkansas is not considered a top 25 program by any of them.  I guess all these experts credibility is in question as well?  Because none of them think Arkansas is a top 20 program right now as you stated.

Here's some links for ya.  I don't ever speak without having knowledge of something first.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/colleges/free/20131216ranking-top-25-college-basketball-coaching-jobs.html

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/64621444/

Don't believe everything you read.  Here are a few other links for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Men's_Division_I_Tournament_bids_by_school

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Men's_Division_I_Final_Four_appearances_by_school

http://www.collegexpress.com/lists/list/the-10-largest-college-basketball-arenas/499/

http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-salaries-for-the-highest-paid-college-basketball-coaches-2013-12?op=1

Will Leitch has an opinion.  He is entitled to it.  He was a freshman in college at the University of Ilinois at Urbana-Champagne the last time Arkansas was in the Final Four.  Here are the numbers:

Arkansas is tied for 12th in number of NCAA appearances and tied for 7th in number of Final Fours.  Only nine teams have been to more Final Fours.  They are - in order -

North Carolina
UCLA
Duke
Kentucky
Kansas
Louisville
Ohio State
Indiana
Michigan State

Bud Walton Arena is the 10th largest college basketball arena in the country.  Mike Anderson is the 17th highest paid basketball coach in 2013-14. 

But hey, if Will Leitch says we aren't a Top 25 gig, who am I to argue with him? 

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

nextlevel

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 20, 2014, 12:48:38 pm
As opposed to someone like you who rarely post after losses and only post after wins?

Link?

I find better ways to spend my time on weekends.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 20, 2014, 12:48:38 pm

That's a fact. Nextlevel post history shows that he last posted at around roughly 9:20am on Saturday morning, and not again until this (Monday) morning. No posts after the Hog loss and none on Sunday.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: nextlevel on January 20, 2014, 12:49:58 pm
Link?

I find better ways to spend my time on weekends.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

HawgAdvocate

As for Blu, he was hard to find on Saturday after the loss. He offered just one post after the game, and waited until almost midnight to get brave and face the crowd.

Quote from: -Blu on January 18, 2014, 03:13:03 pm
Not another one of these threads.....

That was it until almost midnight, when the crowd had died down and gone to bed.

You guys need to focus more on talking basketball and less on attacking other people, especially when you're just as guilty of what you accuse others of. Jump Ball would certainly appreciate it.

nextlevel

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 20, 2014, 12:52:40 pm

I don't have a problem with you wanting and choosing to discuss the same topics that are hashed and re-hashed after every loss, if that is what you find enjoyable good for you.

I prefer to not make the time for the ole internets on my weekends, my choice.

ell oh ell

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: nextlevel on January 20, 2014, 12:59:36 pm
I prefer to not make the time for the ole internets on my weekends, my choice.

Yet you posted seven times last weekend (Saturday January 11th & Sunday the 12th). I don't really care when you post, but this silly topic of people only posting after wins & losses needs to go away.

Smithian

Kevin

The guy that laughs the loudest & longest is jimmy sexton
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

-Blu

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 20, 2014, 12:56:36 pm
As for Blu, he was hard to find on Saturday after the loss. He offered just one post after the game, and waited until almost midnight to get brave and face the crowd.

That was it until almost midnight, when the crowd had died down and gone to bed.

You guys need to focus more on talking basketball and less on attacking other people, especially when you're just as guilty of what you accuse others of. Jump Ball would certainly appreciate it.

I posted after the game, then had an appointment to get a hair cut, which the OT had me late for, glad I was still able to get in. Then after that I went on a date with the wife.  When I got in that night, I sure did do my normal posting, win or lose.  Thanks for noticing.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Kevin on January 20, 2014, 12:25:44 pm
normally i would agree about slowing down on the road. this team cannot play any type of half court game. they don't shoot it well enough or are able to break down a set defense.

i think this team needs to go nascar. play faster, trap more,(especially half court). he needs to do what he said, pick them up getting off the bus. shoot quicker and try to track down misses, before the defense is set.

with what this team lack, they cannot play half court

I can't agree with that.  You are asking for more bizarre, out of control play on the road?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: -Blu on January 20, 2014, 02:15:08 pm
I posted after the game, then had an appointment to get a hair cut, which the OT had me late for, glad I was still able to get in. Then after that I went on a date with the wife.  When I got in that night, I sure did do my normal posting, win or lose.  Thanks for noticing.

Quote from: nextlevel on January 20, 2014, 12:21:32 pm
How convenient.

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 20, 2014, 12:52:40 pm

arkbadger

Quote from: Notshavin on January 20, 2014, 12:02:16 am
I agree.

The Shocker's coach has got to show more long-term success or else he might just be Stan Heath.

and people wonder why message boards genuinely get laughed at.  Gregg Marshall is an outstanding coach.
You can keep that skoal baby.

Kevin

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 20, 2014, 02:32:57 pm
I can't agree with that.  You are asking for more bizarre, out of control play on the road?
yes, i am. this team cannot play in a half court game. they need to get the floor broken up. once, a team sets it's defense this team cannot score. look at saturday, over 20 minutes of not putting the ball in the hole
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

PonderinHog

Quote from: Kevin on January 20, 2014, 04:11:48 pm
yes, i am. this team cannot play in a half court game. they need to get the floor broken up. once, a team sets it's defense this team cannot score. look at saturday, over 20 minutes of not putting the ball in the hole
But if it ain't broke, you don't hafta fix it.  Wait, nm...

Sounds so damn crazy that it might work.

Kevin

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 20, 2014, 04:24:50 pm
But if it ain't broke, you don't hafta fix it.  Wait, nm...

Sounds so damn crazy that it might work.

people thought paul westhead was crazy, but he won a lot of games at loyola marymount, playing a crazy style