Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacorey Williams To Middle Tennessee State

Started by chiefhawg, August 26, 2015, 04:45:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: -Blu on August 26, 2015, 03:01:28 pm
No, my whole point is people make mistakes and can come back from them.  Apparently pushing your GF, punching a dude, and having a fake $20 bill is something you can't come back from according to the Hogville Morality and Legal Expert Team.  He should have been exiled to an island to live alone for the rest of his days to think about how much he let the sweet and innocent hog fans down.

Please do not let hyperbole ruin your position.  No one here has advocated anything close to what you are suggesting.  If he does well at MTSU he will be winner.  If he does not, the result lies with him.  You also made a point that people want to deprive him of an education.  Nothing would keep him from working his way through the University of Arkansas if he chose to.  He only lost his athletic scholarship.  Lots of folks on campus are busting their butts to go to school and supporting a family at the same time.  He could do the same.

He got more of a second chance than many would get.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

Pistol Pig Maravich

I feel the worst for the bouncer in this whole situation. Got knocked out by a guy not coordinated enough to even dribble a basketball!!  I am all for Jacorey getting a second chance...somewhere else!!

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 26, 2015, 12:49:43 pm
So, are some of you guys actually saying shoving a woman to the ground from a standing position is no big deal?  Bet you guys have thick callouses on your knuckles.
Quote from: Hawg Red on August 26, 2015, 12:46:10 pm
Sounds like Beard will be back, and I support that. Had JaCorey just gotten in trouble for the bills or had he been the one facing 9 counts on the bills and no assaults, I'd be all for him returning, too. JaCorey was out of control and hurting people.
Sounds Like Beard will be back according to what? I have not heard anything accept they let him enroll in school...

azhog10

Quote from: Pistol Pig Maravich on August 26, 2015, 03:41:49 pm
I feel the worst for the bouncer in this whole situation. Got knocked out by a guy not coordinated enough to even dribble a basketball!!  I am all for Jacorey getting a second chance...somewhere else!!
But he can throw a mean shoe!

RME

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on August 26, 2015, 03:34:03 pm

Please do not let hyperbole ruin your position.  No one here has advocated anything close to what you are suggesting.  If he does well at MTSU he will be winner.  If he does not, the result lies with him.  You also made a point that people want to deprive him of an education.  Nothing would keep him from working his way through the University of Arkansas if he chose to.  He only lost his athletic scholarship.  Lots of folks on campus are busting their butts to go to school and supporting a family at the same time.  He could do the same.

Ballgame. End the thread now.

azhog10

Lots of folks on campus are busting their butts to go to school and supporting a family at the same time.  He could do the same.

A lot of those people would take a free ride if it was given to them as well........

Free ride vs. Years of paying back student debt......wonder which one you would choose?

Jonteviosk

I normally am anti bashing but as far as this man Hes as worthless off the court as he is on. He did physically assault his gf however light to you it may seem from a 6'8 225lb man is a lot more than your giving credit for. He then assaulted a security guard for trying to do his job. Then the security guard gets back off vacation and the dumbass assaults him again and puts him in the hospital. Not to mention the counterfitting charges which I'm not sure he wasn't the instigator of in the first place. You guys want to give him a slap on the wrist and say its not so bad Jacorey. I am glad hes gone he was a disappointment and a thug who needs to be in the federal penitentiary. I am sad MTS has to take on this jokeass thug of a problem. If you ask me someone should put him in the hospital so that he can appreciate the pain he has caused the poor kid who I remind this so called misguided man put in the hospital. He is 21 years old and more than old enough to accept responsibility for his actions. He is not a freaken child. Anyways thank God hes gone and good riddens. Oh how hard it will be to replace his 4.8 pts and 3.5 reb and 16 min a game. I hope we can survive.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

-Blu

So... Your mad that he choose to take a scholarship at Middle Tennessee rather than staying here and paying his way at Arkansas?  LOL.  Why do you care how his school gets paid for?  If someone is willing to take a second chance on him and pay his way, good for him.  He has a chance to redeem himself.  You guys are grown men literally upset that a college kid is getting a second chance, that is so weird on so many levels.

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 26, 2015, 04:07:32 pm
Ballgame. End the thread now.

So... Middle Tennessee revoked his scholarship?  I'm confused how he ended the ballgame.  And FYI obviously the Middle Tennessee staff (the only opinion that matters in the situation) agrees with second chances, and obviously your opinion of him is not changing his circumstances.  So, you can complain all you want, it's not doing anything but make you look bad. But, Hopefully you feel better about yourself after wishing the worst for a college kid.

Jonteviosk

No blu just saying he should be in prison. After what he did. Putting someone in a hospital should never be taken lightly. As for MTS Cant blame them they get 1 year from an athletic 6'8 post guy who has 3 years of major d1 exp. Huge get for MTS.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

farmhawg

Hell, we have a radio host that has done the same thing to women and everyone listens to him everyday.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

-Blu

Quote from: Jonteviosk on August 26, 2015, 04:34:09 pm
I normally am anti bashing but as far as this man Hes as worthless off the court as he is on. He did physically assault his gf however light to you it may seem from a 6'8 225lb man is a lot more than your giving credit for. He then assaulted a security guard for trying to do his job. Then the security guard gets back off vacation and the dumbass assaults him again and puts him in the hospital. Not to mention the counterfitting charges which I'm not sure he wasn't the instigator of in the first place. You guys want to give him a slap on the wrist and say its not so bad Jacorey. I am glad hes gone he was a disappointment and a thug who needs to be in the federal penitentiary. I am sad MTS has to take on this jokeass thug of a problem. If you ask me someone should put him in the hospital so that he can appreciate the pain he has caused the poor kid who I remind this so called misguided man put in the hospital. He is 21 years old and more than old enough to accept responsibility for his actions. He is not a freaken child. Anyways thank God hes gone and good riddens. Oh how hard it will be to replace his 4.8 pts and 3.5 reb and 16 min a game. I hope we can survive.

Don't you love it how people wish all this bad stuff on someone, then mentions God, as if he approves their message.

I thought his message was "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." John 8:7

But, you'd rather go by the Hogville message "Let's throw stones at college kids, to make ourselves feel better."

-Blu

Quote from: Jonteviosk on August 26, 2015, 04:47:02 pm
No blu just saying he should be in prison. After what he did. Putting someone in a hospital should never be taken lightly. As for MTS Cant blame them they get 1 year from an athletic 6'8 post guy who has 3 years of major d1 exp. Huge get for MTS.

Do you know the whole story?  Do you know what the bouncer said or did to him?  I'm not in any way condoning violence, but you guys are acting like he murdered the guy or something.  Prison?  For punching a guy?  Are you serious? He's been punished.  He lost his scholarship and he's been publicly embarrassed.  Obviously you guys are more worried about the situation than the bouncer and the girlfriend.  Neither have pressed charges. 

Jonteviosk

Hey Blu a side question what are you hearing about Anton Beard playing this year?

-Blu

Quote from: Jonteviosk on August 26, 2015, 04:58:49 pm
Hey Blu a side question what are you hearing about Anton Beard playing this year?

No idea, I would assume he'd be back, but you never know.  I know Otis Kirk was saying he heard Thomas was completely innocent and had no idea about the money, and he expects everything to be alright with him.

dsims2k3

How many of you that don't agree that Williams should have gotten another opportunity at another program are honest enough to admit that you disagreed with Petrino being relieved of his duties? There were A LOT of believers in second chances back in April of  2012
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

husker71

I was punched by a bouncer once when I was  just out of college.  I swear to this day he sucker punched like a little/big b-tch even though my friends at the time said he had tried to get me out for over 15 minutes.  Not one of my prouder days.

husker71

I am sure he is a changed man now but in his day MTSU head coach Kermit Davis was always on the edge and sometimes recruited a little over the line if my memory is correct

Porked Tongue

Some of you need to grasp the fact JW is more than guilty of this punk move.

You might also need to know there is even more.  It likely won't hit the light of discussion  but there is more stuff.  Please stop creating plausible scenarios to excuse the reported conduct. 

Let him go and be happy.

He's out of our hair.

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

-Blu

Quote from: Porked Tongue on August 26, 2015, 05:40:46 pm
Some of you need to grasp the fact JW is more than guilty of this punk move.

You might also need to know there is even more.  It likely won't hit the light of discussion  but there is more stuff.  Please stop creating plausible scenarios to excuse the reported conduct. 

What difference does it make?  He got punished, he's lost his scholarship, he's not here anymore, so why are people wishing bad upon him and mad someone gave him a second chance?  If Middle Tennessee wants to take a chance on him knowing what he did, that's on them.

I just find it very odd we have grown people wishing prison and ill will on a COLLEGE STUDENT.  Especially with all the stuff going on in the news these days, there are so many more people to be worried about that's out doing much worse things than JaCorey Williams right now.  Truth is we got some bitter fans that's mad about this off-season has gone and they would have liked to see things end up bad for Williams to make them feel better.  Had he been allowed back on the team and had a good season, these same guys wanting him in Prison would have been his biggest fans, but since he's somewhere else, he's now the worst person in the world.

Porked Tongue

Read again.

I'm saying it's a good thing he's gone and there are no reasons to make excuses for his conduct while he was here. Especially when some are speculating as to excusable reasons for his conduct here.  Especially in the last 4 months.

If you're going to quote me, be sure you know what I'm saying.   Others have every right to want him gone too.

I don't give a rats about where he went or that he got another chance.

-Blu

Quote from: Porked Tongue on August 26, 2015, 07:34:47 pm
Read again.

I'm saying it's a good thing he's gone and there are no reasons to make excuses for his conduct while he was here. Especially when some are speculating as to excusable reasons for his conduct here.  Especially in the last 4 months.

If you're going to quote me, be sure you know what I'm saying.   Others have every right to want him gone too.

There's no need to get so hostile there tough guy.  I read it right the first time.

You said "You may also need to know there is even more."

My response was what difference does it make.  It does change anything.  Obviously what he did wasn't enough for anyone to press charges or to scare Middle Tennessee away.  Or maybe JaCorey with his 4 PPG is so powerful people are covering a bunch of stuff up for him, I don't know.  But, apparently you do, so unless your going to enlighten me, I'll continue to speculate, is that alright with you?

Porked Tongue

Speculate some more please.  Especially on something you know little about.

-Blu

Quote from: Porked Tongue on August 26, 2015, 08:16:21 pm
Speculate some more please.  Especially on something you know little about.

Sounds good to me.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: dsims2k3 on August 26, 2015, 05:31:03 pm
How many of you that don't agree that Williams should have gotten another opportunity at another program are honest enough to admit that you disagreed with Petrino being relieved of his duties? There were A LOT of believers in second chances back in April of  2012
Quite honestly I couldn't make up my mind and decided whatever Long did I was down with. Jacorey Williams I have said in so many ways was a waste of a scholarship. I am really certain of that fact now, I hope he changes who he is and learns from his mistakes, just glad it is MTSU's problem. Any of y'all paying attention to the crucifying of Baylor and Art Briles right now? Pretty similar issue going on here, JW gonna be next in jail for sexual assault?

If he commits a violent act toward a woman while at MTSU, the coach that took him will likely be fired.  In our post Baylor world, that is the truth.  If you take someone else's trouble, you are responsible for what happens.  The MTSU coach must think he can really help him to be worth the risk.

WarPig88

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on August 26, 2015, 01:11:13 pm
WarPigs88,

Sorry to burst your bubble but that is what I deal with everyday.  What disturbs me most in Williams' case is the callous disregard of respect for other people.  It is not too much of a stretch to go from knocking someone to the ground or attacking a bouncer to get to the situations you refer to. 

Williams needs to make the most of his second chance.  If his name was Jacorey Smith, he would not get it.

I am not excusing his behavior at all. He deserves to be dismissed, but he hasn't gone beyond a CHANCE at redemption either.

The people I take issue with are the people that CELEBRATE other people's mistakes. Those are miserable people.

jkstock04

I thought Hogville was all about being super critical of programs that take on kids previously kicked off another team(s)? Or is that just a MMQ thing?

Just seems a little ironic...it's a former Hog and many feel he needs a second chance. I can promise you if I'd pulled what he did I wouldn't be getting any second chances.

Not only that but is there no chance of jail/prison time over this stuff? If so that would make it tough to go to school.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

nwahogfan1

Quote from: chiefhawg on August 26, 2015, 04:45:52 am
http://verbalcommits.com/players/jacorey-williams

Fast Transition. Has a Coach Anderson feel to it.

Surprised a D1 school would take him since he is not a big scorer.  They have to give him a scholarship for 2 years and only get one good playing year out of him.

I thought he may go to D2.

WarPig88

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 26, 2015, 10:08:09 pm
I thought Hogville was all about being super critical of programs that take on kids previously kicked off another team(s)? Or is that just a MMQ thing?

Just seems a little ironic...it's a former Hog and many feel he needs a second chance. I can promise you if I'd pulled what he did I wouldn't be getting any second chances.

Not only that but is there no chance of jail/prison time over this stuff? If so that would make it tough to go to school.

This is so not true. I know of LOTS of regular people who do worse and get second chances. I am talking embezzlers who have destroyed small businesses, straight up con men who stole money and burned their own house down for insurance money, etc.

Some do time. Some do not. NONE were remarkable people. People get second chances all the time who do much worse.

I can think of a U of A fraternity that blinded a girl at a party. Slap on the wrist. No individual punished. That is a much bigger deal than Williams and NONE of those guys were athletes.

There are lots of Mr. Smiths getting by with all manner of high crimes and misdemeanors.

TomBigBeeHog

The kid at Baylor was a violent sexual predator. Stupid comparison.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on August 27, 2015, 07:53:13 am
I didn't compare them as people. But if you get in trouble at one school for X, and go to another school and do X the new coach will now bear the brunt of it. And the kid at Boise wasn't a sexual offender, he hit a woman.  But it shows a pattern which became much worse.

Hawg Red

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on August 26, 2015, 04:02:31 pm
Sounds Like Beard will be back according to what? I have not heard anything accept they let him enroll in school...

You must not read Hogville. Several reputable posters have posted that they are hearing he will probably be back (including a moderator). FWIW, I had a buddy tell me yesterday that he read on a pay board that it looks like he won't be back. As always, things are fluid. Obviously no one really knows, but you know how it is. You bring info to the board that you've heard yourself. People go on what is posted because that's all we have to go on. I don't think most posters would be surprised either way.

But there have been multiple rumblings that he'll get a plea deal, a suspension, and be back. We'll see what really happens.

azhog10

Quote from: Porked Tongue on August 26, 2015, 07:34:47 pm
Read again.

Whose making excuses? No one is excusing his actions. Just saying it's hard for those of us that don't know everything to judge him. I think everyone on here agrees he got what he deserved as far as getting released from his scholly and asked not to come back. Not one single person wishes he wasn't so you must be speaking to an empty room.

hog_lovin91

Quote from: dsims2k3 on August 26, 2015, 05:31:03 pm

This.
Girls who love sports are not weird. We're a rare gift from God.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on August 27, 2015, 07:53:13 am
After he had violence issues at Boise, so there is a comparison.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: WarPig88 on August 26, 2015, 09:39:33 pm
I am not excusing his behavior at all. He deserves to be dismissed, but he hasn't gone beyond a CHANCE at redemption either.

The people I take issue with are the people that CELEBRATE other people's mistakes. Those are miserable people.

Again I deal with this every day.  I can guarantee there is nothing to celebrate in this at all.  Totally agree with you about those who do.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

RazorPiggie

I really don't give a crap where he goes as long as it is far away from Fayetteville.

texas tush hog

Quote from: maxhog5 on August 26, 2015, 08:09:35 am
Shame on MTSU for taking him.

Be very afraid if you see soldiers coming with a cross, hammer and huge nails.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Pistol Pig Maravich on August 26, 2015, 03:41:49 pm

Sorry I lol'ed +1

texas tush hog

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on August 26, 2015, 04:02:31 pm

It's all in the hands of the court at this stage, if he gets off without jail time he will be back albeit on a short leash.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: texas tush hog on August 27, 2015, 10:52:02 am
Be very afraid if you see soldiers coming with a cross, hammer and huge nails.

lol. exactly this. holier than thou crap gets old. He's gone people. Isn't that enough?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

WarPig88

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 27, 2015, 08:31:43 am
You must not read Hogville. Several reputable posters have posted that they are hearing he will probably be back (including a moderator). FWIW, I had a buddy tell me yesterday that he read on a pay board that it looks like he won't be back. As always, things are fluid. Obviously no one really knows, but you know how it is. You bring info to the board that you've heard yourself. People go on what is posted because that's all we have to go on. I don't think most posters would be surprised either way.

But there have been multiple rumblings that he'll get a plea deal, a suspension, and be back. We'll see what really happens.

No offense, but payboard members are not the smartest or best connected folks out there. I know you aren't saying they are either.

I just love it when some people throw in that they heard it on a pay board as if that is a big deal. Let's think about it. These people are paying to do something that they can do for free on a much better site. That doesn't scream smart at me.

Again, not saying anything about you Red. Just the mention of the words pay board made me chuckle.

Have a good one.

Hawg Red

Quote from: WarPig88 on August 27, 2015, 01:09:09 pm
No offense, but payboard members are not the smartest or best connected folks out there. I know you aren't saying they are either.

I just love it when some people throw in that they heard it on a pay board as if that is a big deal. Let's think about it. These people are paying to do something that they can do for free on a much better site. That doesn't scream smart at me.

Again, not saying anything about you Red. Just the mention of the words pay board made me chuckle.

Have a good one.

You're not offending me. I would never pay to post on a message board. I guess I should have just said "another board."

NuttinItUp

010HogFan

1highhog

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on August 26, 2015, 08:59:06 am
Oklahoma State took Eddie Sutton after some of his many well documented "mistakes". Then they named their bball court after him and are pushing for his induction into the basketball HOF.

Yet, Jacorey shouldn't be allowed to play his senior season and get his degree? And for this, MTSU should be ashamed?

I believe in 2nd chances for a lot of things, hell, all of us have made mistakes or done things we're probably not to proud of, maybe not assaulting someone or counterfeiting, I believe in the old eye for and eye commandment, let the person/persons that someone assaulted give a return favor to the asaultee, or for the woman who's been raped, let her decide the fate of what needs to be done to the rapist.  Someone murders someone's child, then hand that person over to the parents or family who lost their loved one, they get to decide the punishment.  I think we might see a drop in crime and far less criminals behind bars as well.

Now back to Jacorey, we still have not heard the results have we of any of the assumed counterfeiting or assault charges have we?  If so, I've been away and just missed that, but until proven guilty, I'm not going to cast stones at the young man, but if he did he needs some jail time, and then a 2nd chance at turning his life back around at his age to hopefully become a better human being.