Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacorey Williams To Middle Tennessee State

Started by chiefhawg, August 26, 2015, 04:45:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Bill Hog

Hawg Red

I genuinely hope he's learned from everything that happened and comes out a better man and makes a positive impact at MTSU.

TomBigBeeHog

Good for him. Hope he learned some hard lessons that will make him a better man.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

maxhog5

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HOGINTENNESSEE

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 26, 2015, 07:21:34 am
I genuinely hope he's learned from everything that happened and comes out a better man and makes a positive impact at MTSU.
+1 exactly.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: maxhog5 on August 26, 2015, 08:09:35 am
Shame on MTSU for taking him.

Oklahoma State took Eddie Sutton after some of his many well documented "mistakes". Then they named their bball court after him and are pushing for his induction into the basketball HOF.

Yet, Jacorey shouldn't be allowed to play his senior season and get his degree? And for this, MTSU should be ashamed?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Hawg Red

Players deserve second chances. What JaCorey did (allegedly but obviously there some weight behind it for Anderson to cut bait) was bad, but I wouldn't say it's so bad that he doesn't get a second chance. By the worst account, he knocked his girlfriend over. In the realm of domestic violence, that's pretty light, but still a no-no. It was cowardly of him to sock the bouncer like that (if that's how it went down), but that's also not a career-killer. The combinations of those two things plus the counterfeit bill embarrassment is enough to get your high-major status stripped. He's been banished to C-USA and hopefully has learned a few lessons from this. This was a kid from Anderson's backyard that he invested a lot of time into, so I'm sure that final conversation really drove home a few points for JaCorey. The man who gave him a shot in the SEC is done with him. I'd like to believe that is not lost of JaCorey the weight of all this. Sometimes people just have to learn from mistakes instead of being of the temperament not to make them in the first place. I can sympathize a bit (I stress *a bit*) because I made a lot of mistakes when I was younger, too. But I owned up to my actions and learned from it and I hope JaCorey does the same thing.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

-Blu

Quote from: maxhog5 on August 26, 2015, 08:09:35 am
Shame on MTSU for taking him.

I guess you never made any mistakes, congratulations.

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 26, 2015, 09:12:56 am
Players deserve second chances. What JaCorey did (allegedly but obviously there some weight behind it for Anderson to cut bait) was bad, but I wouldn't say it's so bad that he doesn't get a second chance. By the worst account, he knocked his girlfriend over. In the realm of domestic violence, that's pretty light, but still a no-no. It was cowardly of him to sock the bouncer like that (if that's how it went down), but that's also not a career-killer. The combinations of those two things plus the counterfeit bill embarrassment is enough to get your high-major status stripped. He's been banished to C-USA and hopefully has learned a few lessons from this. This was a kid from Anderson's backyard that he invested a lot of time into, so I'm sure that final conversation really drove home a few points for JaCorey. The man who gave him a shot in the SEC is done with him. I'd like to believe that is not lost of JaCorey the weight of all this. Sometimes people just have to learn from mistakes instead of being of the temperament not to make them in the first place. I can sympathize a bit (I stress *a bit*) because I made a lot of mistakes when I was younger, too. But I owned up to my actions and learned from it and I hope JaCorey does the same thing.

Well said.

WarPig88

Shame on the people in this thread for writing a young person off for stupidity instead of hoping he can turn it around.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: WarPig88 on August 26, 2015, 11:29:52 am
Shame on the people in this thread for writing a young person off for stupidity instead of hoping he can turn it around.

Punching out a woman is very stupid - and much much more, Dude.  Physically assaulting an innocent person who doesn't even know you're there is very stupid - and much much more as well.  Haven't seen much of life have you?  It's called reality.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 26, 2015, 11:37:23 am
Punching out a woman is very stupid - and much much more, Dude.  Physically assaulting an innocent person who doesn't even know you're there is very stupid - and much much more as well.  Haven't seen much of life have you?  It's called reality.

He didn't punch his girlfriend. He either shoved her or flung his arm and knocked her down. There is absolutely no report or rumor out there there says he punched her.

UNCLE BACK

I was kind of hoping we would give him a second chance so I have no problem with MTSU taking him...

Hawg Red

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on August 26, 2015, 12:08:19 pm
I was kind of hoping we would give him a second chance so I have no problem with MTSU taking him...

He had to be dismissed. A suspension wouldn't be enough for everything he pulled. He was getting out of control.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 26, 2015, 12:04:45 pm
He didn't punch his girlfriend. He either shoved her or flung his arm and knocked her down. There is absolutely no report or rumor out there there says he punched her.

The first assault happened on July 5 at West End, according to to a police report. Essence Singleton, identified by police as Jacorey Williams' girlfriend, told police Williams grabbed her by the arm and pushed her to the ground resulting in scrapes on her hands and knees, the report states. She also said that her fingernail was slightly torn.

According to another police report, the second assault happened on July 18 at Lit Lounge. Police said Williams punched a bouncer identified as Bryan Jones.

Jones told police that he had gotten "rocked" while working the door at the bar, the report states. Jones said he was knocked unconscious and could not see out of his right eye. The report states that Central EMS was called to check Jones out and suggested he go to the hospital. Jones had a friend take him to Washington Regional Medical Center. Jones notified police the next day that he had regained his vision and that there was no permanent damage, the report states.

[/color]
http://5newsonline.com/2015/07/28/razorback-basketball-player-connected-to-two-assault-reports/

Quote from: WarPig88 on Today at 11:29:52

I hope that you do not live somewhere where these occurrences are usual, expected and downplayed.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 26, 2015, 12:09:43 pm
He had to be dismissed. A suspension wouldn't be enough for everything he pulled. He was getting out of control.
Maybe, If Beard has 9 counts of Forgery that he is facing, I am sure he will be next. 

-Blu

If your going to try to condemn someone at least know what happened.  He didn't punch his girlfriend, let alone punch her out, He shoved her down.

http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/sports/williams-girlfriend-says-no-plans-press-charges

And as far as the bouncer thing, that was really stupid I think everyone agrees with that, but it's nothing that needs to ruin his life and cause him not to be able to get a degree.

And I will say this, if JaCorey went out of his way to go back and punch the bouncer it must have been more to the story.  I don't believe he held on to a grudge for 2 weeks because the bouncer simply "stepped between them".  My guess is he probably roughed him up after he shoved his girlfriend and said a few choice words to him, that didn't sit well with Williams, so the next time he seen him he took a shot at him.

azhog10

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on August 26, 2015, 08:59:06 am
Oklahoma State took Eddie Sutton after some of his many well documented "mistakes". Then they named their bball court after him and are pushing for his induction into the basketball HOF.

Yet, Jacorey shouldn't be allowed to play his senior season and get his degree? And for this, MTSU should be ashamed?
Easy, it's not a big deal when you get drunk and get behind a machine that can kill people, but it is a big deal when you buy something with fake money. Especially when we print money that we don't even have the equity for.

jry04

I am in no way defending what Jacorey did, but I always love the condescending remarks from clueless posters. He NEVER punched/hit his GF, let alone punched her "out." The only guy he hit was the bouncer who had an altercation with him weeks prior. It was not in any way ok, but you are as ignorant as it gets if you think he hit his girlfriend. On top of that, she said it wasn't a big deal and didn't press charges, file a report, and is still friends with him. It doesn't excuse his actions, though.

WarPig88

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on August 26, 2015, 12:12:46 pm

The first assault happened on July 5 at West End, according to to a police report. Essence Singleton, identified by police as Jacorey Williams' girlfriend, told police Williams grabbed her by the arm and pushed her to the ground resulting in scrapes on her hands and knees, the report states. She also said that her fingernail was slightly torn.

According to another police report, the second assault happened on July 18 at Lit Lounge. Police said Williams punched a bouncer identified as Bryan Jones.

Jones told police that he had gotten "rocked" while working the door at the bar, the report states. Jones said he was knocked unconscious and could not see out of his right eye. The report states that Central EMS was called to check Jones out and suggested he go to the hospital. Jones had a friend take him to Washington Regional Medical Center. Jones notified police the next day that he had regained his vision and that there was no permanent damage, the report states.

[/color]
http://5newsonline.com/2015/07/28/razorback-basketball-player-connected-to-two-assault-reports/

Quote from: WarPig88 on Today at 11:29:52

I hope that you do not live somewhere where these occurrences are usual, expected and downplayed.

No, I live in a place where I know of a guy who shot another man through the throat over a drug deal and was never charged.

Where a neighbor poured gas on my dad's car and started a fire under his car port and was never charged.

Or how about a guy calling up my brother and threatening to kill him and coming over immediately following the call with an assault rifle and pointing it at him with witnesses and not being charged.

Police reports were filed every time.

I don't even live in a "bad" place.

I think a lot of you don't REALIZE what happens in the REAL world. You live in insulated cocoons of some "reality" that only exists only in the etherical realm of your own ideals and toss nerf balls thinking they are some lofty platitudinal nuclear bombs.

The real world is a much tougher place than most people ever know. You work with, go to church with, even hang out with people have done much worse than Williams did if you are going outside your house every day.

By my own experiences, what Williams did pails in comparison and shouldn't be a death sentence for his future.

RME

Quote from: -Blu on August 26, 2015, 12:13:19 pm
If your going to try to condemn someone at least know what happened.  He didn't punch his girlfriend, let alone punch her out, He shoved her down.

http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/sports/williams-girlfriend-says-no-plans-press-charges

And as far as the bouncer thing, that was really stupid I think everyone agrees with that, but it's nothing that needs to ruin his life and cause him not to be able to get a degree.

And I will say this, if JaCorey went out of his way to go back and punch the bouncer it must have been more to the story.  I don't believe he held on to a grudge for 2 weeks because the bouncer simply "stepped between them".  My guess is he probably roughed him up after he shoved his girlfriend and said a few choice words to him, that didn't sit well with Williams, so the next time he seen him he took a shot at him.

?? He was kicked off the team. Not expelled from the University.

Speculation is a pretty cool thing if you can spin it any way you want. EVEN IF THAT WERE THE CASE, does that make it okay for Williams to sucker punch a guy so badly that he can't see out of an eye for a day?

Hawg Red

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on August 26, 2015, 12:13:00 pm
Maybe, If Beard has 9 counts of Forgery that he is facing, I am sure he will be next.

Sounds like Beard will be back, and I support that. Had JaCorey just gotten in trouble for the bills or had he been the one facing 9 counts on the bills and no assaults, I'd be all for him returning, too. JaCorey was out of control and hurting people.

Wild Bill Hog

So, are some of you guys actually saying shoving a woman to the ground from a standing position is no big deal?  Bet you guys have thick callouses on your knuckles.

RME

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 26, 2015, 12:49:43 pm
So, are some of you guys actually saying shoving a woman to the ground from a standing position is no big deal?  Bet you guys have thick callouses on your knuckles.

Heckuva thing, isn't it? When all things are viewed as relative, reality disappears. "Come on guys, he didn't punch her, he just knocked her to the ground! That's way better and more justified, right??? Get your facts straight!"

gmarv

I,ll leaving the judging what happens to jacorey to people have to deal with him on a personal level and hope it works out for him and them.but I,m not disappointed that hes gone.he,s had too many strikes against him to stay.in my opine.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 26, 2015, 12:49:43 pm

No one has said that.

But shoving a woman to the ground is the not remotely the same thing as punching her in the face or knocking her out, is it? Not even close. I think everything is in agreement that he deserved to be removed from the program. Some of us just feel that he does deserve a second chance. I, for one, don't feel that his actions were so bad that he should not be allowed to continue his career if someone feels like taking a chance on him.

The_Iceman

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 26, 2015, 12:51:32 pm
Heckuva thing, isn't it? When all things are viewed as relative, reality disappears. "Come on guys, he didn't punch her, he just knocked her to the ground! That's way better and more justified, right??? Get your facts straight!"

There is a big difference between punching a girl in the face or shoving her to the ground VS. forcefully shrugging the girl off of you to the point where she falls on the ground when the girl is behind you getting all up in your face and touching you and causing a scene.

I haven't heard for sure what he did, but a scenario like the last one I described above was one that I heard.

maxhog5

Domestic violence, assault, and counterfeiting are not "mistakes", they are crimes and no he does not deserve a scholarship and a free education.   Even if you want to say they are mistakes, how many chances does he get.  He had a chance to walk away after the incident with the girlfriend yet he chose to go back and attack a man.  Whoops another mistake.  Now I think, I'll pass fake money.  Another mistake?  Looks like a pattern of someone who doesn't think the rules of society apply to him.  I know, let's give him a scholarship and free room and board.  He can live on our campus.  Just make sure no one, male or female crosses him or doesn't let him have his way.  Don't want another mistake to happen.

TOM "tbw1"

WarPigs88,

Sorry to burst your bubble but that is what I deal with everyday.  What disturbs me most in Williams' case is the callous disregard of respect for other people.  It is not too much of a stretch to go from knocking someone to the ground or attacking a bouncer to get to the situations you refer to. 

Williams needs to make the most of his second chance.  If his name was Jacorey Smith, he would not get it.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

jchill

Williams is a hothead and I hope he learns to channel that energy to enable himself to resolve disputes better. I noticed during games that he would let his emotions get the best of him and he would make silly plays to cost the team a quality possession. Anderson would try to calm him down, but subsequently had to sit him down for awhile to cool off. I think he really needs to get some type of counseling. I am not saying that in a negative way, because we all had circumstances good or bad that shaped our life. I really hope he gets his life together and becomes a productive citizen.

maxhog5

What I really don't get is some people on here don't see his assault on the bouncer as being a big deal.  This was a violent crime.  That one is the deal breaker for me.

Hawg Red

Quote from: maxhog5 on August 26, 2015, 01:19:16 pm
What I really don't get is some people on here don't see his assault on the bouncer as being a big deal.  This was a violent crime.  That one is the deal breaker for me.

Yeah, and he got kicked off the team. It was a deal-breaker for me, too.

But I have a tough time saying someone that's done what he did doesn't deserve a second chance.

-Blu

Quote from: maxhog5 on August 26, 2015, 01:10:08 pm
Domestic violence, assault, and counterfeiting are not "mistakes", they are crimes and no he does not deserve a scholarship and a free education.   Even if you want to say they are mistakes, how many chances does he get.  He had a chance to walk away after the incident with the girlfriend yet he chose to go back and attack a man.  Whoops another mistake.  Now I think, I'll pass fake money.  Another mistake?  Looks like a pattern of someone who doesn't think the rules of society apply to him.  I know, let's give him a scholarship and free room and board.  He can live on our campus.  Just make sure no one, male or female crosses him or doesn't let him have his way.  Don't want another mistake to happen.

Your really stretching it.  I wouldn't call shoving his girlfriend to the ground as domestic violence, and I wouldn't say him have a single fake $20 as him being some kind of counterfeiter.  Now, doing those things were really stupid, but some of you guys are wanting his life to be ruined over a couple dumb mistakes.  Maybe only a few of us here have made dumb mistakes.

I can tell you I did 3 very similar things in college.

1. I know I got into a couple of fights at college parties.  I was a frat boy, we get too much alcohol sometimes and things would happen.

2. I know when I was working I'd hook my friends up with some free food from time to time when they came through my line.  And I guarantee you the total was more than $20.

3. I had a crazy ex-gf and when she got mad she would throw stuff at me, spit on me, and other things that I'd rather not repeat on a message board, and I know I would have to restrain her sometimes and even "shove" her off of me when she got too violent.

Looking back now, I can't believe some of the dumb stuff I did and the positions I put myself in.  I'm just thankful God kept an eye out for me.

Fast forward to now.  I got a college degree, 2 kids, a wife, nice paying job with people under me, a mentor, etc.  And I was on an academic scholarship when I was in school.  If we go by your logic, I'm the scum of the earth and I should have had my scholarship pulled, and not given a chance to get an education.  I'm glad your not the judge and jury.

RME

Quote from: -Blu on August 26, 2015, 01:50:51 pm
Your really stretching it.  I wouldn't call shoving his girlfriend to the ground as domestic violence, and I wouldn't say him have a single fake $20 as him being some kind of counterfeiter.  Now, doing those things were really stupid, but some of you guys are wanting his life to be ruined over a couple dumb mistakes.  Maybe only a few of us here have made dumb mistakes.

1. I know I got into a couple of fights at college parties.  I was a frat boy, we get too much alcohol sometimes and things would happen.

2. I know when I was working I'd hook my friends up with some free food from time to time when they came through my line.  And I guarantee you the total was more than $20.

3. I had a crazy ex-gf and when she got mad she would throw stuff at me, spit on me, and other things that I'd rather not repeat on a message board, and I know I would have to restrain her sometimes and even "shove" her off of me when she got too violent.

Looking back now, I can't believe some of the dumb stuff I did and the positions I put myself in.  I'm just thankful God kept an eye out for me.

Fast forward to now.  I got a college degree, 2 kids, a wife, nice paying job with people under me, a mentor, etc.  And I was on an academic scholarship when I was in school.  If we go by your logic, I'm the scum of the earth and I should have had my scholarship pulled, and not given a chance to get an education.  I'm glad your not the judge and jury.

*You're

1.) Guys get in fights all the time. Frat boys get in fights. That's not the same as sucker punching a bouncer (to where he cannot see out of one eye for a day) doing his job one night.
2.) You're being a bro hooking your buddies up with free food at the place you work. You're not knowingly (come on. he knew they were fake.) trying to pass off fake bills in an attempt to deceive an employee and be a moron.
3.) We don't know how hard Williams did or didn't shove her. Anything else is speculation.

4.) No offense to you by any means, but you also weren't in line to be a starting senior on an SEC basketball team that is coming off of an NCAA tournament season. The spotlight was on Williams. Guys with a spotlight should be held to a higher standard as they represent so much more than the average Joe.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: -Blu on August 26, 2015, 01:50:51 pm

Please tell me what punishment Williams deserved in each of the above instances. 

Why do you think the Arkansas code considers them crimes? 

Why is shoving your girlfriend to the ground not domestic violence?

How are these actions showing the respect each person deserves?

Do you think everyone who does these things will do as you did? 

Serious questions.  Please respond.

-Blu

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on August 26, 2015, 02:03:59 pm
Please tell me what punishment Williams deserved in each of the above instances. 

Why do you think the Arkansas code considers them crimes? 

Why is shoving your girlfriend to the ground not domestic violence?

How are these actions showing the respect each person deserves?

Do you think everyone who does these things will do as you did? 

Serious questions.  Please respond.

1. He's received his punishment.  He has been publicly embarrassed, lost his scholarship, and kicked off the basketball team.  Now he's not going to get a chance to play in the SEC, and he's on his way to playing in the conference USA.  Only other thing I would say is he probably should have got probation or something for punching the guy.  But, if nobody presses charges, then there's nothing else you can do.

2.  Who said they weren't crimes and weren't stupid?  He made VERY poor decisions, my point is those poor decisions shouldn't affect him from getting a second chance somewhere else, but he's burned his bridges here at Arkansas.

3. Maybe I hang around tougher crowds and less perfect people than you do. Shoving your GF off of you, while isn't a good look, is far from domestic violence in my book.  You see the girlfriend said that everything is fine and they are friends and isn't pressing charges.  When I think of domestic violence I think of someone who is continually abusing/beating their spouse.  Being upset in the club and shoving her, I'm sorry, but I'm not ready to give him 25 to life for that.

4. No idea what your talking about.

5. It depends on the individual.  There are good people that make bad decisions.  And then there are some people that are just bad, I don't know which one Jacorey is, but I don't think he's done enough not to deserve a second chance somewhere else.  I know my best friends, who were also my groomsman, and my frat brothers, we all are good people, we did some REALLY stupid stuff in college.  I just gave you the PG version of some of the stuff I did, some of my buddies did worse.  And we all graduated and have moved on to have productive lives.  1 is in Medical school now, 1 is a RN, 1 is a manager for a trucking company, 1 is in the army, and 1 is a band director.

Wild Bill Hog

Assuming he has to sit for a season, wonder what the odds are he'll ever even get on the court.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: -Blu on August 26, 2015, 02:23:52 pm
1. He's received his punishment.  He has been publicly embarrassed, lost his scholarship, and kicked off the basketball team.  Now he's not going to get a chance to play in the SEC, and he's on his way to playing in the conference USA.  Only other thing I would say is he probably should have got probation or something for punching the guy.  But, if nobody presses charges, then there's nothing else you can do.

2.  Who said they weren't crimes and weren't stupid?  He made VERY poor decisions, my point is those poor decisions shouldn't affect him from getting a second chance somewhere else, but he's burned his bridges here at Arkansas.

3. Maybe I hang around tougher crowds and less perfect people than you do. Shoving your GF off of you, while isn't a good look, is far from domestic violence in my book.  You see the girlfriend said that everything is fine and they are friends and isn't pressing charges.  When I think of domestic violence I think of someone who is continually abusing/beating their spouse.  Being upset in the club and shoving her, I'm sorry, but I'm not ready to give him 25 to life for that.

5. It depends on the individual.  There are good people that make bad decisions.  And then there are some people that are just bad, I don't know which one Jacorey is, but I don't think he's done enough not to deserve a second chance somewhere else.  I know my best friends, who were also my groomsman, and my frat brothers, we all are good people, we did some REALLY stupid stuff in college.  I just gave you the PG version of some of the stuff I did, some of my buddies did worse.  And we all graduated and have moved on to have productive lives.  1 is in Medical school now, 1 is a RN, 1 is a manager for a trucking company, 1 is in the army, and 1 is a band director.

First I spend a great deal of my time in criminal and domestic relations court.  It really bothers me that you seem to have a very cavalier attitude toward violence and lack of respect for others. 

Violence and disregard for human dignity is reprehensible. 

RME

Quote from: -Blu on August 26, 2015, 02:23:52 pm

I think you're absolutely and unequivocally missing the relativity of it all and the relative aspects of you and your buddies doing things and Williams doing what he did.

-Blu

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 26, 2015, 02:01:47 pm
*You're

1.) Guys get in fights all the time. Frat boys get in fights. That's not the same as sucker punching a bouncer (to where he cannot see out of one eye for a day) doing his job one night.
2.) You're being a bro hooking your buddies up with free food at the place you work. You're not knowingly (come on. he knew they were fake.) trying to pass off fake bills in an attempt to deceive an employee and be a moron.
3.) We don't know how hard Williams did or didn't shove her. Anything else is speculation.

4.) No offense to you by any means, but you also weren't in line to be a starting senior on an SEC basketball team that is coming off of an NCAA tournament season. The spotlight was on Williams. Guys with a spotlight should be held to a higher standard as they represent so much more than the average Joe.

I agree with your point #4 100%.  He should have been smarter.  Nobody is saying he didn't do dumb stuff and doesn't deserve punishments.  I can't stress enough how stupid the stuff he did is.  My whole point is, guys in this thread are mad because his life isn't ruined and he's getting a second chance. 

His name is forever tarnished and he'll never get an opportunity to play for a high major in college basketball again, and whenever anybody think of his college career they are going to remember these dumb decisions he made.  Me personally if I was him, I'd rather get some community service and probation being a first time offender, than my name forever being ruined and kicked off the basketball team.  Seems like he got his punishment to me.

hog_lovin91

Quote from: chiefhawg on August 26, 2015, 04:45:52 am
http://verbalcommits.com/players/jacorey-williams

Fast Transition. Has a Coach Anderson feel to it.

The Lord always gives second chances. And third, and fourth...

I pray he learned from his mistakes and will make better decisions as his journey continues with this opportunity that MTSU has provided him with.
Girls who love sports are not weird. We're a rare gift from God.

-Blu

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on August 26, 2015, 02:38:46 pm
First I spend a great deal of my time in criminal and domestic relations court.  It really bothers me that you seem to have a very cavalier attitude toward violence and lack of respect for others. 

You're on a message board mad because a college student is getting a second chance.  But, I'm the one with disregard for human dignity?  Your more mad and wanting the worst for him than the girlfriend or the bouncer.  Neither one of them seem to be too worried about the situation anymore, otherwise they would press charges.  And you didn't once see my justify any of his actions, they were stupid, and he's paying the price right now for those decisions.  But, apparently some of you guys aren't going to be happy unless he's facing the death penalty.     

pigture perfect

It is a shame that another University is giving him another chance to play basketball on scholarship. Don't downplay violence in any form. Protecting yourself is one thing, being the aggressor is another. In light of what's going on at Baylor, MT is stupid.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

-Blu

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 26, 2015, 02:42:14 pm
I think you're absolutely and unequivocally missing the relativity of it all and the relative aspects of you and your buddies doing things and Williams doing what he did.

No, my whole point is people make mistakes and can come back from them.  Apparently pushing your GF, punching a dude, and having a fake $20 bill is something you can't come back from according to the Hogville Morality and Legal Expert Team.  He should have been exiled to an island to live alone for the rest of his days to think about how much he let the sweet and innocent hog fans down.

azhog10

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on August 26, 2015, 02:38:46 pm

No offense, but I've seen a lot of drunk women start to slap and beat on men and the only "cavalier" thing you can do is brush/push them off of you. Some of you act like you know the entire story and that Jacorey just pushed this girl for no real reason. When alcohol is involved it's very plausible she wasn't innocent herself. Jacorey got his punishment and isn't playing at Arkansas anymore. CMA handled it the way he should have, but Jacorey deserves a 2nd chance. Just like AP, Ray Rice, and Greg Hardy all got a 2nd chance. Domestic violence is no joke, but when both parties are drunk/drinking one shouldn't throw stones unless they were there and saw the whole thing happen.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: azhog10 on August 26, 2015, 03:14:22 pm
No offense, but I've seen a lot of drunk women start to slap and beat on men and the only "cavalier" thing you can do is brush/push them off of you. Some of you act like you know the entire story and that Jacorey just pushed this girl for no real reason. When alcohol is involved it's very plausible she wasn't innocent herself. Jacorey got his punishment and isn't playing at Arkansas anymore. CMA handled it the way he should have, but Jacorey deserves a 2nd chance. Just like AP, Ray Rice, and Greg Hardy all got a 2nd chance. Domestic violence is no joke, but when both parties are drunk/drinking one shouldn't throw stones unless they were there and saw the whole thing happen.

I agree but nothing has been brought forward to say she was intoxicated or even buzzed.  I see women not press charges for many reasons but the underlying one is fear.  However, if both are drunk, in my view, it's hard to place blame. 

I will say this, sometimes as a guy you just have to walk away before things get started.  Not always easy and not always possible but best to just walk away.