Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Dallas (And National) Media are Busting Baylor's Chops

Started by soccerrunner, August 21, 2015, 02:17:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsfan31

I'd hire the best attorney in the nation for situations like this and I'd make the coach, the athletic department and the University pay. I'd go to every big time news source in this country until they fired Briles and the NCAA did something about their athletic department.

farmhawg

Quote from: sowmonella on August 21, 2015, 03:08:38 pm
A fine Baptist Institute of Higher Learning, they will take control over this or ruin their good name. 8)
Its a God thang like Shiloh
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

sickboy

I mean -- if I was the father of that girl I'd do everything I could to bury, not only Briles, but the institution as well. Their internal investigation was a joke. They basically let a guy they knew was a potential threat into the school -- then he raped a student -- and they found out about it... and did nothing!!! I don't see how you can't make the case the institution itself was partly culpable. The player himself said that the school and the program knew about what happened in Idaho. Are you freaking kidding me? Then he gets indicted for a felony rape charge and is allowed to, play football, and continue attending a class with the girl he raped!

Here's the deal. Briles should, without a doubt, be fired. I don't care if Briles is telling the truth or not. If a journalist can figure out that this guy raped a girl and is a threat (which Texas Monthly did before he was convicted) then either Briles knew about it and covered it up, which he should be fired for, or he didn't do enough to figure it out... at which point he should be fired.

Your background checks should be deeper than what Texas Monthly can dig up. Good lord.

Mike_e

I got this feeling that us not getting Briles when we got CBB was a better thing than anyone guessed.

Now let's see some of this tejas justice they're always bragging about.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

duckman

Quote from: sickboy on August 21, 2015, 07:22:28 pm
I mean -- if I was the father of that girl I'd do everything I could to bury, not only Briles, but the institution as well. Their internal investigation was a joke. They basically let a guy they knew was a potential threat into the school -- then he raped a student -- and they found out about it... and did nothing!!! I don't see how you can't make the case the institution itself was partly culpable. The player himself said that the school and the program knew about what happened in Idaho. Are you freaking kidding me? Then he gets indicted for a felony rape charge and is allowed to, play football, and continue attending a class with the girl he raped!

Here's the deal. Briles should, without a doubt, be fired. I don't care if Briles is telling the truth or not. If a journalist can figure out that this guy raped a girl and is a threat (which Texas Monthly did before he was convicted) then either Briles knew about it and covered it up, which he should be fired for, or he didn't do enough to figure it out... at which point he should be fired.

Your background checks should be deeper than what Texas Monthly can dig up. Good lord.

If I were the father I would bury Briles too, six feet under....

ricepig

Quote from: duckman on August 21, 2015, 07:40:04 pm

Right on top of Ukwuachu....

LZH

Wow.

Just, wow.

Everyone who has a daughter was having some pretty un-Christian thoughts as they read that first story........I know I did.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

duckman

Quote from: ricepig on August 21, 2015, 07:41:46 pm
Right on top of Ukwuachu....

Even better, lock em up in a cell together for 20 years and let Ukwuachu take a few turns on Briles.

farmhawg

Bridles has already blamed it on the institution so someone will get fired but it won't be him. Win at all cost.....
From theflyinghog

ricepig

Quote from: duckman on August 21, 2015, 07:44:08 pm
Even better, lock em up in a cell together for 20 years and let Ukwuachu take a few turns on Briles.

How did the guy only get 6 months in jail?

rhames

Quote from: farmhawg on August 21, 2015, 07:44:55 pm
Bridles has already blamed it on the institution so someone will get fired but it won't be him. Win at all cost.....

We will see

If I had to bet he is gone

With the epidemic that is sexual assaults on college girls on college campuses I don't see this getting swept under the rug
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ricepig

Quote from: rhames on August 21, 2015, 07:56:52 pm

We will see

If I had to bet he is gone

With the epidemic that is sexual assaults on college girls on college campuses I don't see this getting swept under the rug

Nah, they've already appointed someone to look into it, and then sweep it under the rug.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: duckman on August 21, 2015, 07:40:04 pm

He'd be six feet a bove the ground with a metal rod up his you know what.

MultipleScoreGasms

6 months in jail + 10-years probation?  Are you *** kidding me? UNBELIEVABLE!!!   :puke:

razorbacker3

I have bad memories of Baylor also. Baylor was the first team I ever saw in person beat the hogs. 7-0 in 1966. The infamous "pooch-kick" game. I had been to most of the games in Fayetteville since 1962 and had never seen them lose in person. The only game I had ever seen them lose prior to that was on TV. To LSU in the Cotton Bowl breaking a 22 game winning streak.

pigture perfect

If Paterno gets fired for having knowledge of a sexual assault, so should Briles. I believe Art is Culpable.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

MultipleScoreGasms

Wow.  #14 and #17 say a lot.  If this was the official information given to Baylor at the time of the transfer, then two schools may be culpable.  One for knowingly allowing a dangerous problem to transfer to another institution, and the other for doing noting to protect their students when the danger became evident.