Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The high school class of 2011 has been amazing

Started by OPoraquê, July 19, 2015, 01:47:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OPoraquê

Football - Marcus Mariota and Johnny Manziel (I know the latter may not do too much in the NFL, but there aren't many classes that have had two Heisman winners)

Basketball - Anthony Davis, as well as two other Wooden Award winners Trey Burke and Frank Kaminsky (how many classes that have had two Heisman winners have also had three Wooden Award honorees?) alongside fellow 2012 NBA top 3 picks Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Bradley Beal (the last time 3 players from the same class were picked top 3 in the NBA draft was 1974; hasn't happened again since 2012).

Baseball - Bryce Harper (yeah, he got his GED one year early in 2010 so he could get to a higher level of play earlier, else he would have graduated in 2011)

Golf - Jordan Speith

Soccer - Morgan Brian (youngest member of this year's World Cup champion USWNT).

Time will tell whether they'll be the greatest class in history yet across the board, but I doubt there has ever been a class that has produced so many intensely successful players among different sports, so quickly.