Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For All Who Think Lebron Is A Great Humble, Guy

Started by bigdaddyhawg, June 18, 2015, 02:52:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

micali

There's no vitriol against him.  He is someone that I would not want my kids looking up too.  I would rather them look to Steph Curry as a sports figure.
Maybe I should not have said "Smile" in my previous comment.  I don't want to be known on an enternet message board as someone who reveals in the loss of others. It was one of those spontanoues comments. But, I don't feel sad for him in any way.  There are some people  you won't support in this world and he is one of those people.   I won't explain the reasons why either.  This isn't the forum for it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: micali on June 22, 2015, 05:08:41 pm
There's no vitriol against him.  He is someone that I would not want my kids looking up too.  I would rather them look to Steph Curry as a sports figure.
Maybe I should not have said "Smile" in my previous comment.  I don't want to be known on an enternet message board as someone who reveals in the loss of others. It was one of those spontanoues comments. But, I don't feel sad for him in any way.  There are some people  you won't support in this world and he is one of those people.   I won't explain the reasons why either.  This isn't the forum for it.

Who would you pick between these stars to look up too;

Lebron James
MJ
Magic Johnson
Charles Barkley
Tiger woods
Alex Rodriguez.

All dominated their sport in their primes...

Dr. Starcs

^^^

I thought I read we weren't supposed to compare lebron to mj anymore?

lefty08

I think its hilarious to read the LeBron defenders screaming from the top of their lungs. They get more defensive than anyone slinging "hate" his way. Its sports, lighten up. Its not real life.
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Dr. Starcs

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/phil-jackson-knicks-lebron-james-travel

I guess Phil is just another "hater", "troll" or "ignorant" (as we've been called in this thread) like the rest of us.

Lando Calrissian

June 23, 2015, 09:50:37 am #105 Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:00:37 am by Lando Calrissian
Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 23, 2015, 09:22:26 am

I guess Phil is just another "hater", "troll" or "ignorant" (as we've been called in this thread) like the rest of us.

Actually, it is pretty ignorant coming from Phil considering he's paid millions to build a team capable of playing modern basketball while still having the mindset of someone living in 1991.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Dr. Starcs

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 23, 2015, 09:22:26 am

You mean the guy that the lakers turned down for their coaching job?  People say and do things all the time and we can throw them in a discussion to try and make a point.  At some point you have to have the ability and knowledge to justify if it's good or not.  If you're plucking this one Phil public comment and using it fine, but listen to the guy and watch what he's doing with the Knicks.  All that to say this, that coming from a Carmello supporter!  Ha stupid

Dr. Starcs

Yeah, it's pretty obvious Phil has way less knowledge than any of us hogville experts when it comes to basketball.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 23, 2015, 11:00:04 am
Yeah, it's pretty obvious Phil has way less knowledge than any of us hogville experts when it comes to basketball.

Not saying that at all, he's had one of the best egotistical tactician basketball minds ever, what he's done with ego's is something calipari dreams of.

Carrying this conversation on with you is pointless.  You won't allow you're mere down right hatred for someone whose done nothing bad in his career or society to allow for a justified discussion.  We aren't trying to get you to let the guy baby sit your kids.  But he's earned accolades and mention that few have or will ever

Dr. Starcs

The man love for lebron is strong in this thread.

Guess nobody should ever criticize the guy ever again.

micali

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 22, 2015, 09:28:55 pm
Who would you pick between these stars to look up too;

Lebron James
MJ
Magic Johnson
Charles Barkley
Tiger woods
Alex Rodriguez.

All dominated their sport in their primes...
The only one of those that I liked was MJ. I never liked the rest.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 23, 2015, 11:35:57 am

rwspear

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on June 23, 2015, 11:02:08 am
It's not 1990 anymore.

Also:

not a travel. a carry maybe, but he was dribbling.

at a full sprint its easy to run from halfcourt to a layup/dunk with 1 dribble

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: rwspear on June 23, 2015, 01:14:31 pm
not a travel. a carry maybe, but he was dribbling.

at a full sprint its easy to run from halfcourt to a layup/dunk with 1 dribble

No, you can't take 5 steps with one dribble, but nice try.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 23, 2015, 11:00:04 am

Remember when Frank Broyles said that HUNH wouldn't work in the SEC?

Phil Jackson's (and it appears some old school fans') reluctance to let go of the 1990s is sad more than anything.  He is an all-time great, but when he says things like in that article it makes him seem petty & out of touch.  It's also a knock on his credibility (and someone is paying this man money to build a modern team???).

It's too bad, because NBA offenses are more sophisticated now more than ever, not to mention there are more great, all-time players actively playing in the league as well.

Dr. Starcs

While his views may be correlated, the only reason I linked the article is because of his comments specifically on "king" James and his propensity to travel.

Lando Calrissian

I know right?  What a profound criticism of a Hall of Fame player.  He's travelled before.  Amazing stuff.

Cresthog

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on June 23, 2015, 02:41:40 pm
It's too bad, because NBA offenses are more sophisticated now more than ever, not to mention there are more great, all-time players actively playing in the league as well.

Maybe in the league overall but not the finals.

Steph and LeBron only hall of famers and Steph isn't even a given at this point.

Think about the Jazz/Bulls series.

Never took you for such a Lebron choker. You must have loved that ABC camera screw up.

Cresthog

Quote from: MikePiazza on June 22, 2015, 04:24:42 pm
No, I just honestly don't get the vitriol directed at him.

Were you sleeping under a rock when he went to Miami?

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 23, 2015, 11:35:57 am

No you just aren't capable of a discussion.  It's like talking to a 5 year old who can't process new information because their mind is made up

Dr. Starcs

onebadrubi

Quote from: Cresthog on June 23, 2015, 04:01:56 pm
Were you sleeping under a rock when he went to Miami?

What was wrong with him as a free agent going to Miami? Many athletes change teams for a competitive advantage, more money, etc duig free agencies in EVERY sport.  He did make a fool in his method, but had good intentions.  His foolish method on one hour of TV contributed more to charities than you ever will gross in your lifetime. 

I'm not even a Lebron lover, it just some of you guys hate the man so much when he's done nothing wrong in any fashion.  He's a great role model for how talent should act believe it or not.

Dr. Starcs

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 23, 2015, 04:09:18 pm
^^^^

Pot, meet kettle.

See, that doesn't even apply.  You are proving my point and I appreciate it.  You go back in this thread, you have a presence within it, but you aren't actually apart of the topic, you just make a short post that is irrelevant to what's being talked about and see what kind of responses it can get. Hmm they have a word for that.

Cresthog

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 23, 2015, 04:11:11 pmHe's a great role model for how talent should act believe it or not.

The whiniest drama queen in the league?

Give me a break. When he hit that camera you would have thought he got struck by a lightning bolt.

And his Miami deal was the most immature crap imaginable. He continues to do it with his inherent insecurity complex.

He's proven time and time again he is an insecure primadonna.

Great player yes, but there was a reason I wanted to be Jordan as a kid.

EastexHawg

Quote from: usf15cc on June 18, 2015, 09:59:27 pm
I don't think it matters how many ring Lebron wins. People are still going to hate on him. It's true people hate greatness.

No, people are actually pretty discerning.  Everyone hates Kobe but I don't know anyone who hated Shaq.  They dislike LeBron and Iverson but rooted for Jordan and for the most part Bird.

Steph Curry was the MVP this year and I really like him.  Peyton Manning is an all-time great and most people like him.  Cam Newton?  Negative.  Willie Mays and Roberto Clemente?  Beloved.  Barry Bonds?   Despised.

It doesn't have to do with being great, it has to do with being unlikable.

MikePiazza

Quote from: Cresthog on June 23, 2015, 04:33:45 pm

Give me a break. When he hit that camera you would have thought he got struck by a lightning bolt.

And his Miami deal was the most immature crap imaginable. He continues to do it with his inherent insecurity complex.

Read this article and get back to me.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/lebron-can-t-be-your-childhood-hero-061014
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

jry04

Quote from: Cresthog on June 23, 2015, 04:33:45 pm

Jordan was, and is a terrible person. I hope you turned out quite a bet better as a human being than him.

As for LBJ, to be fair he had blood running down his hand, and 2 gashes in his head. Anyone who has been hit in the head like that knows it hurts pretty dang bad for the first few minutes. He definitely exaggerates some fouls or pain he may be experiencing. However, your example of that was a poor one considering he cut his head open.

Cresthog

Quote from: jry04 on June 24, 2015, 09:52:45 am
As for LBJ, to be fair he had blood running down his hand, and 2 gashes in his head. Anyone who has been hit in the head like that knows it hurts pretty dang bad for the first few minutes. He definitely exaggerates some fouls or pain he may be experiencing. However, your example of that was a poor one considering he cut his head open.

Umm not. He's one of the most notorious floppers in the game.

And it doesn't hurt getting hit on the top of your head. Half the time people don't even notice it and have to come out because of blood.

Even if it did hurt, the way he acted was typical Lebron d baggery. 

Cresthog

Quote from: MikePiazza on June 24, 2015, 09:39:48 am
Read this article and get back to me.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/lebron-can-t-be-your-childhood-hero-061014

This rings true for sure.

But LeBron lost me with the Miami fiasco. I was all about him before that.

No more though.

MikePiazza

Quote from: Cresthog on June 24, 2015, 12:56:51 pm

No more though.

But he went back and he's trying desperately to bring Cleveland that elusive championship. If he had stayed in Miami for the rest of his career and won 5-6 titles, then yeah, I could see harboring continued dislike of him.

He handled it poorly but he's come out and admitted as much. And he also tried to recruit players to Cleveland and no one was really interested.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

jry04

Quote from: Cresthog on June 24, 2015, 12:56:21 pm
Umm not. He's one of the most notorious floppers in the game.

And it doesn't hurt getting hit on the top of your head. Half the time people don't even notice it and have to come out because of blood.

Even if it did hurt, the way he acted was typical Lebron d baggery. 

Your hate for LBJ has really caused you to be blind or completely stupid. HE HAD GASHES IN HIS HEAD AND BLOOD RUNNING DOWN HIS HAND. How would that not be painful? It blows my mind that someone can sit here and say whether that hurt LBJ or not. You act like it was just a simply block attempt or foul. It wasn't a hand hitting his head, it was a camera lens cutting his head. I usually enjoy your posts, but this one was easily one of the more idiotic posts I have read on hogville in a while to say a player wasn't hurt when his head we cut, because it doesn't usually hurt getting hit in the head. As if all impacts to the head are the same.

Again, he may flop, like most of the NBA, but that example of him hitting the camera is about as dumb as it gets. The guy was bleeding, so there definitely wasn't much faking going on there.

jry04

Quote from: Cresthog on June 24, 2015, 12:56:51 pm

No more though.
That was a horrible decision on his part, but it was also 5 years ago? If you cannot tell he has matured since then you haven't been watching. He was an idiot for doing that press conference and the decision television show, but if that is the only reason you have to hate him than it is pretty weak on your part. He flopped like the rest of the NBA before the decision. He was less clutch, and less dominant before the announcement than he is now. However, you clearly hate him now all because of how he chose to go to Miami 5 years ago?

Nevermind Kobe and Jordan cheating on their wives, and Jordan being a drunk. He is known for his "flu game," despite teammates confirming it should really be the "hungover game." No big deal, though. We should hate LBJ because he made a stupid mistake regarding where to play at 25 years old.

LBJ debates are kind of like politics. No matter how much sense a person may make, there is no convincing the other party. I am done with this debate, because it is clear some people hate LBJ too much to even respect him or his game. 20 years from now people will kick themselves for not appreciating the basketball being played.

EastexHawg

Quote from: jry04 on June 24, 2015, 01:22:43 pm
I am done with this debate, because it is clear some people hate LBJ too much to even respect him or his game. 20 years from now people will kick themselves for not appreciating the basketball being played.

Did you like or root for Barry Bonds?  It's been about 15 years now since he hit 73 home runs and broke Hank Aaron's record.  Do you find yourself looking back, admiring him, and wishing you had rooted for him instead?

I don't.

It's sports.  I don't know anyone who roots for everybody.  If we did we would all be fans of every team...or no teams, depending on how you look at it.

Biggus Piggus

I can't understand anybody hating LeBron James. He's an angel compared with the stars of the 1970s, '80s and '90s. Sheesh. The things people pick on about him are microscopic issues compared with the things back then.
[CENSORED]!

jry04

Quote from: EastexHawg on June 24, 2015, 01:45:33 pm
Did you like or root for Barry Bonds?  It's been about 15 years now since he hit 73 home runs and broke Hank Aaron's record.  Do you find yourself looking back, admiring him, and wishing you had rooted for him instead?

I don't.

It's sports.  I don't know anyone who roots for everybody.  If we did we would all be fans of every team...or no teams, depending on how you look at it.
Barry Bonds wasn't the greatest player on the field throughout his career, and he cheated to get to where he was. How would that even be a comparison? He was an average fielder, and hit over .300 maybe half the seasons he was in the league, and has a career batting average under .300. Really a silly comparison. Do people have to like LBJ? No, not at all. However, I do feel like people should have better excuses for not liking him other than the "decision" and him being hurt when cutting his head open on a camera.

Dr. Starcs

Hope these lebron lovers don't cramp up their little fingers defending him.

Speaking of cramps.......lol

ErieHog

Quote from: jry04 on June 24, 2015, 02:19:50 pm
Barry Bonds wasn't the greatest player on the field throughout his career, and he cheated to get to where he was. How would that even be a comparison? He was an average fielder, and hit over .300 maybe half the seasons he was in the league, and has a career batting average under .300. Really a silly comparison. Do people have to like LBJ? No, not at all. However, I do feel like people should have better excuses for not liking him other than the "decision" and him being hurt when cutting his head open on a camera.

What?

The guy had 3 MVPs before he started PEDs.  He'd won a half dozen Gold Gloves, gone 30-30 when it still meant something-  he was easily the most feared player in the National League.
Just nonsense.
No cause, ever, in the history of all mankind, has produced more cold-blooded tyrants, more slaughtered innocents, and more orphans than socialism with power. It surpassed, exponentially, all other systems of production in turning out the dead. The bodies are all around us. And here is the problem: No one talks about them. No one honors them. No one does penance for them. No one has committed suicide for having been an apologist for those who did this to them. No one pays for them. No one is hunted down to account for them. It is exactly what Solzhenitsyn foresaw in The Gulag Archipelago: "No, no one would have to answer. No one would be looked into." Until that happens, there is no "after socialism."

jry04

Quote from: ErieHog on June 24, 2015, 03:18:51 pm
What?

The guy had 3 MVPs before he started PEDs.  He'd won a half dozen Gold Gloves, gone 30-30 when it still meant something-  he was easily the most feared player in the National League.
Just nonsense.
After about '98 he became somewhat of a defensive liability, and lost a majority of his mobility. He was a great defender early in his career, and really good on the base paths. My point was, 15 years ago when he was hitting 73 HRs, he wasn't the best player on the field. He was feared at the plate, but wasn't that great defensively, and lost his speed. He went from stealing 30+ bases each season to being lucky to steal 10 the last 10 or so seasons of his career. His 4 best seasons, batting average wise, were right in the middle of his steroid use. The guy was a great player, but do you really think he was the best player in the world for the majority of his career? He was a solid power hitter prior to steroid use, but was a great all around player. Once he started using steroid, his power spiked but the rest of his game suffered.

I think you could argue as a whole, that Ken Griffey was a better player in the 90s.

ErieHog

Quote from: jry04 on June 24, 2015, 03:35:54 pm
After about '98 he became somewhat of a defensive liability, and lost a majority of his mobility. He was a great defender early in his career, and really good on the base paths. My point was, 15 years ago when he was hitting 73 HRs, he wasn't the best player on the field. He was feared at the plate, but wasn't that great defensively, and lost his speed. He went from stealing 30+ bases each season to being lucky to steal 10 the last 10 or so seasons of his career. His 4 best seasons, batting average wise, were right in the middle of his steroid use. The guy was a great player, but do you really think he was the best player in the world for the majority of his career? He was a solid power hitter prior to steroid use, but was a great all around player. Once he started using steroid, his power spiked but the rest of his game suffered.

I think you could argue as a whole, that Ken Griffey was a better player in the 90s.

In short, yes.

He was a no-doubt HOFer before he started PEDs, which makes their use by him all the more disappointing.
No cause, ever, in the history of all mankind, has produced more cold-blooded tyrants, more slaughtered innocents, and more orphans than socialism with power. It surpassed, exponentially, all other systems of production in turning out the dead. The bodies are all around us. And here is the problem: No one talks about them. No one honors them. No one does penance for them. No one has committed suicide for having been an apologist for those who did this to them. No one pays for them. No one is hunted down to account for them. It is exactly what Solzhenitsyn foresaw in The Gulag Archipelago: "No, no one would have to answer. No one would be looked into." Until that happens, there is no "after socialism."

jry04

Quote from: ErieHog on June 24, 2015, 03:38:25 pm
In short, yes.

He was a no-doubt HOFer before he started PEDs, which makes their use by him all the more disappointing.
He likely would have never hit the 73 HRs without PEDs, but he would have had a better overall career without them, in my opinion. His natural weight was 185-195lbs. The early 2000s he was 220-230lbs.

jesterzzn

Pardon me for ignoring the replies, but I'm just surprised to hear there may be people that think Lebron is or was ever humble.

jesterzzn

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on June 23, 2015, 02:41:40 pm
Remember when Frank Broyles said that HUNH wouldn't work in the SEC?

Phil Jackson's (and it appears some old school fans') reluctance to let go of the 1990s is sad more than anything.  He is an all-time great, but when he says things like in that article it makes him seem petty & out of touch.  It's also a knock on his credibility (and someone is paying this man money to build a modern team???).

This is such a perfect troll.

lefty08

Dude, jry, how old are you? Bonds was the best player on the field most of the time. Defensive liability? Get out of here with that stuff. Wow, just wow
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

jesterzzn

Quote from: jry04 on June 24, 2015, 03:35:54 pm
After about '98 he became somewhat of a defensive liability, and lost a majority of his mobility.
He played left field.  He was never a liability.

QuoteHe was a great defender early in his career, and really good on the base paths.
So from the age of about 35-41 his fielding went down?  I think your correlation is flawed.  His fielding was going to decline after 35 no matter what he did.

QuoteMy point was, 15 years ago when he was hitting 73 HRs, he wasn't the best player on the field.
Who was better?  He won the MVP at age 36, 37, 38, and 39.  If he hadn't taken the PEDs the skills you are holding in such high regard would have still declined, and his hitting would have declined with them.

QuoteHe was feared at the plate, but wasn't that great defensively, and lost his speed. He went from stealing 30+ bases each season to being lucky to steal 10 the last 10 or so seasons of his career.
And again, he was over 35 in those years.  He wasn't going to be stealing 30 bases anymore anyway.  His last golden glove was in 1998, yet he never cracked 10+ in WAR until 2001.  Purely based on statistical value, he was a more valuable player from 2001-2007.

QuoteHis 4 best seasons, batting average wise, were right in the middle of his steroid use. The guy was a great player, but do you really think he was the best player in the world for the majority of his career? He was a solid power hitter prior to steroid use, but was a great all around player. Once he started using steroid, his power spiked but the rest of his game suffered.
But not really because of his PED use.  I mean, obviously his power spiked because of it, but the decline in his speed and versatility are more likely attributed to simple age...as is seen in most players over the age of 35.

QuoteI think you could argue as a whole, that Ken Griffey was a better player in the 90s.

You can make an argument, but not a real good one.  Taken in their prime years (and before BB's PED years) Barry is better in every category except power (and its actually pretty close).  They wash on fielding as they both won Gold Gloves at their positions just about every year during their primes.  The biggest difference is Bonds won three MVPs during that stretch to Jr's one.

jesterzzn

onebadrubi

June 24, 2015, 10:11:02 pm #148 Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 10:24:27 pm by onebadrubi
I'll be the first to admit, I despise Bonds because of PED's.  But he wasn't a bad player and only a big bat in the line up.  I don't think you can compare or overlap each other's careers, yet.

Lando Calrissian

Bonds and Lebron are not comparable on any level.