Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Take notes MA

Started by WBC Hog, June 15, 2015, 01:51:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WBC Hog

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 17, 2015, 11:34:36 pm
Ok well next week please come right here at this post and apologize for your ignorant post.  I doubt you would do that after the draft though.

What's your point?.. If Portis gets drafted earlier than Green did he's better than him?.. C'mon man. Green just had a triple double in the series clinching win to win it all. He's a first team all defense. He's on the verge of being an all star. Analysts have been said he's a possible max contract guy. I think you're underestimating how good Draymond Green is. Green sucked it up the first few games of the finals and then turned it on and that's when the Warriors won 3 in a row to win it all.

Don't get me wrong though, I think Portis has the ability to be a great NBA player and I hope he does. Bobby just has a long ways to go to catch Green.

Pork Twain

Quote from: rude1 on June 17, 2015, 08:37:24 pm
Blame the GM when your second and third options get hurt? How many teams do what Cleveland did after losing options 2 and 3 from their team? No way you can assemble a team that can withstand those kind of losses and still win it all.
I cannot think of one single team that could lose two of its top three and still even make it to the finals.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

onebadrubi

Quote from: WBC Hog on June 18, 2015, 03:51:17 am
What's your point?.. If Portis gets drafted earlier than Green did he's better than him?.. C'mon man. Green just had a triple double in the series clinching win to win it all. He's a first team all defense. He's on the verge of being an all star. Analysts have been said he's a possible max contract guy. I think you're underestimating how good Draymond Green is. Green sucked it up the first few games of the finals and then turned it on and that's when the Warriors won 3 in a row to win it all.

Don't get me wrong though, I think Portis has the ability to be a great NBA player and I hope he does. Bobby just has a long ways to go to catch Green.

No what I'm saying at equal points in their careers, entering the draft, PORTIS is a more highly regarded player.  That's exactly what I said and you took it way out of context.  The future can't predict what Portis will do, so we can only compare on their college careers.  Which if you go back to my original statement was actually accurate and on point, unlike this discussion is now. 

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 18, 2015, 08:23:45 am
No what I'm saying at equal points in their careers, entering the draft, PORTIS is a more highly regarded player.  That's exactly what I said and you took it way out of context.  The future can't predict what Portis will do, so we can only compare on their college careers.  Which if you go back to my original statement was actually accurate and on point, unlike this discussion is now. 

Portis will never be able to guard positions 1-3 like Draymond can.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

hogman99

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on June 18, 2015, 12:09:17 pm
Portis will never be able to guard positions 1-3 like Draymond can.

This is a valid point.

bigred223

Green is a better defender than Portis without a shadow of a doubt. I think Bobby is a better offensive player by far though. Honestly, I think it's apples and oranges with those two. Harris was more a draymond green type player, but he is obviously not on that level either. I do agree that some quick guards that can create (e.g., jimmy Whitt) are essential for our success.