Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watching our kid's celebrate on the sidelines...

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 04, 2017, 06:36:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

No matter how you feel about the coaching staff It good to see these youngsta's smile again.

Believe me they will get a ear full from media (and classmate's) the moment they step out of that locker room until next Saturday so let them enjoy the moment looking at the scoreboard.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

JackTNHogfan

No, it's pathetic it even came to that and embarrassing they celebrated it.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 04, 2017, 06:36:01 pm
No matter how you feel about the coaching staff It good to see these youngsta's smile again.

Believe me they will get a ear full from media (and classmate's) the moment they step out of that locker room until next Saturday so let them enjoy the moment looking at the scoreboard.

I was backing them up last week when they were dancing around in the locker room after the comeback win against Ole Piss, but I have to admit that this is kind of pissing me off and annoying me to see them dance after sneaking out this win.  I feel like it should not bother me and I should be happy for them, but I am having a really hard time being a good person right now...

It just feels like the bar has been lowered so much.  Saban would not allow that and has his players feeling bad if they do not win a game by 30 against us.  The expectations are just not where they need to be here.
SCREW Vandy!

Mr Jade

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

Hoggiedawg

Nope, it tells you how they have been led by a weak coach. How can you be happy about beating a 1-7 team?  I feel sorry for them.

mlloyd4

WPS

Letsroll1200

Cambridge Hog

it's pathetic that their leadership has forced them to have to celebrate last-minute wins vs 1-7 Sunbelt teams.

they deserve better than this!!!

solitons

True, +1, happy for the kids, but they may deserve a better coach

ShadowHawg

You shouldn't celebrate a game you were awful in.

Beaverfever

It actually irritated me watching Cole Kelley jumping up and down like they'd  done something.

Cubbie08

I'm happy they are happy, but they are not kids. The effort by the team for most of the game was hard to watch.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RollHogTide

I agree - a win is a win.

BorderPatrol

Regardless of your feelings of the coaching staff, you can't take it away from the student athletes. Be mad at th coaches all you want, not at the SAs.

bp

Ben

Celebrating vs a 1-7 FBS transition team that kicked your ass the whole game is terrible
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

atom hog

As a realist, there is absolutely nothing to celebrate about this win. If the talking points these guys parrot does not include an apology to the fans, then there is a total culture problem...they accept mediocrity.

Torqued pork

Quote from: Beaverfever on November 04, 2017, 06:40:24 pm
It actually irritated me watching Cole Kelley jumping up and down like they'd  done something.

hehawg

Hmmmmm....
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

TheEnemy

Have ya'll never played and experienced a come from behind  win?

Nothing wrong with the players getting excited about winning and celebrating that come from behind win.

Good Grief.....I'm mad at CBB too.....but let them enjoy their victory.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: hogz11 on November 04, 2017, 06:43:01 pm
It's different for the players for sure.

But fans are seeing the embarrassing joke that is Arkansas Razorback football right now and it's nothing to celebrate.

Nobody said the fans should celebrate.

bp

SouthFloridaHog

The team and coaches should be cleaning the stadium!  Celebrating this win should not happen!
Is it duck season?

mhuff

Quote from: ShadowHawg link=topic=646129.msg11088081#msg11088081 wdate=1509838820
You shouldn't celebrate a game you were awful in.

Any win is better than a loss. It will be okay with me if we win the next three games by a point each

DoctorSusscrofa

They won a game that looked lost. It's not unusual they'd be happy. Being happy for the win does not mean they're thrilled with who they beat or how it happened.  It's a relief to scratch one out EVEN if it's against a team you know you should have man-handled.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: hehawg on November 04, 2017, 06:42:40 pm
Hmmmmm....
Yep, it's the usual shaping of the opinion around here by the "unbiased" mods.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: TheEnemy on November 04, 2017, 06:42:44 pm

Nothing wrong with the players getting excited about winning and celebrating that come from behind win.

^^this. Those guys were probably thinking they were going to lose. I wanted us to lose but I'm glad for the players that they got the W

TheEnemy

Expecting the players to hang their heads after coming back to win....is one of the dumbest things I have seen posted on here.

If you don't want the players to continue to fight......then just cancel the rest of the season.

And really kill the program to where we will never get back to good football.

Good Grief.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: SouthFloridaHog on November 04, 2017, 06:44:34 pm
The team and coaches should be cleaning the stadium!  Celebrating this win should not happen!

You're a real peach b****ing about this. I wish your family had to carry signs with your post around the stadium next week.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

ShadowHawg

Quote from: TheEnemy on November 04, 2017, 06:42:44 pm

Having been a coach I couldn't disagree more. The coaches should have lit them up and got them back to the locker room as fast as possible and lit them up again.

They won, but that's about it. They got their butts kicked everywhere but the scoreboard and it wasn't simply scheme it was effort.

They should be embarrassed.

Dark Helmet Hog

The kids should be celebrating. Any win they can get with such piss poor coaching is a minor miracle.

TheEnemy

Quote from: hogz11 on November 04, 2017, 06:46:09 pm

Players are celebrating while Arkansas is being laughed at.

You still need the players to keep fighting and working.....we still have to be able to attract a coach.

So you let the players enjoy their comeback....and you keep grinding and salvage as much as you can until we can get a new coach.

atom hog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 04, 2017, 06:47:36 pm
Having been a coach I couldn't disagree more. The coaches should have lit them up and got them back to the locker room as fast as possible and lit them up again.

They won, but that's about it. They got their butts kicked everywhere but the scoreboard and it wasn't simply scheme it was effort.

Preach Coach!

DoctorSusscrofa

Ok. Go light em up coach. DO IT!

SouthFloridaHog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 04, 2017, 06:47:27 pm
You're a real peach b****ing about this. I wish your family had to carry signs with your post around the stadium next week.

So you are the one handing out trophies to all the kids.   Dont want them to get their feelings hurt!
Is it duck season?

TheEnemy

And we see why its been and not as a....

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Beaverfever on November 04, 2017, 06:40:24 pm

They did more than you did.

Hogs49ers

Exactly, this would not be an acceptable level of play for Coach Saban, you can see him steaming and pissed off when they are beating a ranked team by only 10 or 14 at halftime and will call their play unacceptable.  At some point, you just have to set the expectations a little higher, otherwise you are going to keep getting the same results..
SCREW Vandy!

Tick Hog

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 04, 2017, 06:52:14 pm
Exactly, this would not be an acceptable level of play for Coach Saban, you can see him steaming and pissed off when they are beating a ranked team by only 10 or 14 at halftime and will call their play unacceptable.  At some point, you just have to set the expectations a little higher, otherwise you are going to keep getting the same results..
You're right but they take their direction right from the big man. He encourages this kind of behavior and that's why they knew it would be just fine. He will spin this to us and them as a gutty comeback and feel proud. The next coach will need at least a year to undo some UNCOMMON things around here

AirWarren

It is what it is.

Leadbelly

Quote from: SouthFloridaHog on November 04, 2017, 06:44:34 pm

Most possibly the stupidest post I've ever read. Really, is it now politically incorrect to celebrate a comeback win regardless of the competition? A college FB player only has 12-13 games a year for 3 or 4 years  so say they go to a bowl every year for 4 years that equals 52 games for a career. Every win is precious and kids should be allowed to celebrate every win they get! So please don't be stupid! We have enough of stupid on the coaching staff!
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

ShadowHawg

Quote from: TheEnemy on November 04, 2017, 06:51:40 pm
And we see why its been and not as a....

I could still be coaching if I wanted too. My specialty was taking teams that had been very bad and teaching them about focus, effort, pride, leadership, and how to be a good team mate. They would turn it around every time. Some even went on to win championships.

Coaching takes a lot out of you if you really care about your kids.

But a team that can celebrate after a game like that has no pride.

Letsroll1200

It basically shows how pathetic the coaching staff is, starting with the head joke.

porkurina

They know it wasn't their best game but they never gave up.  Let them celebrate, reality will set in.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Cubbie08 on November 04, 2017, 06:40:52 pm
I'm happy they are happy, but they are not kids. The effort by the team for most of the game was hard to watch.

These are not kids? So, these "men" didn't just finish high school?

I don't disagree that the effort wasn't there, but that was kind of a strange statement to back your claim.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

MuskogeeHogFan

Happy for the players. For them a win is a win and there are few of those this year. Reality will sink in quick enough when they watch the film. But for now, they didn't lose and for them, that is a positive.

As for the staff, probably time to find a good Realtor, if you haven't already.
Go Hogs Go!

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: SouthFloridaHog on November 04, 2017, 06:51:24 pm
So you are the one handing out trophies to all the kids.   Dont want them to get their feelings hurt!

I'm sure not the one kicking my kids in the head and cracking their skulls because they're relieved they won. You really are a true jerk.

Hawgphish

The players celebrating this win is fine.  But the degree they were celebrating makes me squirm.  The program is clearly lacking leadership.  I say BB gets 3 more games and see ya.

SouthFloridaHog

Quote from: Leadbelly on November 04, 2017, 07:00:34 pm

Most possibly the stupidest post I've ever read. Really, is it now politically incorrect to celebrate a comeback win regardless of the competition? A college FB player only has 12-13 games a year for 3 or 4 years  so say they go to a bowl every year for 4 years that equals 52 games for a career. Every win is precious and kids should be allowed to celebrate every win they get! So please don't be stupid! We have enough of stupid on the coaching staff!
You must want BB and the rest of the crew back again next year.   Be sure to pick up your happy face at the exit. (Or Sonic)
Is it duck season?

TheEnemy

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 04, 2017, 06:52:14 pm

You do that when you have a championship caliber team.....that played down.

You do that with a team that is struggling and you lose them.

You don't beat on players when the team is struggling and they show life...you try and build off it

Thats common sense....and Saban would know that. 

The_Bionic_Pig

So your ANGRY at the player's now....the very one's who you cheered for last weekend for winning????
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*