Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Things Gruden--MERGED

Started by jbcarol, April 15, 2012, 03:05:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarme

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on November 02, 2012, 10:22:16 pm
I'm enjoying some Woodford Reserve at the moment, but I'd love to get in on this beer discussion. 

Some of my favorites:
Bell's Hopslam
Bell's Two-Hearted
Firestone Walker Double Jack IPA
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
Spaten Optimator
Capitol Autumnal Fire
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Ayinger Celebrator
Founders Breakfast Stout
Founders Double Trouble
Surly Furious

Hmm, I don't know where to stop.  I could name delicious beers for hours

Sweetwater 420 Pale Ale
Sweetwater Roadtrip  (Hopped up Pilsner)
Dogfish 60 minute IPA
Sam Adams Noble Pils 
Sam Adams Latitude
Terrapin Rye Pale Ale
Smutty Nose IPA

There are a few more

hawgjr

My dad refuses to drink any beer but Coors Light!  He actually did surprise me this summer when he bought a six pack of Schlitz long neck bottles "Classic 1960s Formula".  He used to drink Schlitz back in the day.  He drank one bottle and I had to drink the rest. ;D

duckman

Quote from: Golfer on November 02, 2012, 10:46:57 pm
I don't think anyone has confirmed Gurden being in LR.

Gurden is about 80 miles south I believe...

Golfer

Quote from: johnny cash on November 02, 2012, 10:48:04 pm
next year he will be, for two games!

Is ESPN having Monday Night Football in WMS next year?  Two games? ....Just kidding.

Boarme

Quote from: Mr. R on November 02, 2012, 10:49:23 pm
Highly recommend New Belgium Brewery in Ft. Collins....incredible.

New Belgium is really good.  Hoptober   I am not a fan of Fat Tire at all though

johnny cash

Quote from: Golfer on November 02, 2012, 10:51:01 pm
Is ESPN having Monday Night Football in WMS next year?  Two games? ....Just kidding.
espn will be there!

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

I'm going to Berlin next month, and I was in Austria this past summer.  German and Austrian beer is pretty boring compared to American craft brews, but still some great beer out there too.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

hawgjr

Quote from: Boarme on November 02, 2012, 10:50:22 pm
Sweetwater 420 Pale Ale
Sweetwater Roadtrip  (Hopped up Pilsner)
Dogfish 60 minute IPA
Sam Adams Noble Pils 
Sam Adams Latitude
Terrapin Rye Pale Ale
Smutty Nose IPA

There are a few more

If I can ever find any Dogfish beer I'm getting it!

Hog Waller

Quote from: duckman on November 02, 2012, 10:50:48 pm

One of my best friends who lives in the village is from Gurden...he said that is pretty much a dying, if not dead town.

userpick

Golfer

;D

OH he is in McGhee, right? Or maybe Hope? ..... ;D

Hog Waller

Dogfish 60 Minute IPA is really good with a spicy Szechuan dish.

hawgjr

johnny cash

possumslayer

wurd is gruden got a restraining order on vol nation.......... 

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Love Dogfish Head!  That's one brewery I haven't been to yet but have been wanting to go for a long time
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

hawgjr

Quote from: Boarme on November 02, 2012, 10:52:12 pm
New Belgium is really good.  Hoptober   I am not a fan of Fat Tire at all though
My brothers really like New Belgium beers especially Fat Tire and I know a lot of people that do also, but I just don't care much for them.  They all seem to have for lack of better words - that New Belgium taste.

14erHog

funny how life changes...I'm sitting here drinking some apple cider and whisky, and thinking 10 years ago I would be drunk dialing girls.  Instead, I'm drunk posting on message board.  Where has my life gone?!?!
We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer.
Zakk Wylde

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: hawgjr on November 02, 2012, 11:00:53 pm
My brothers really like New Belgium beers especially Fat Tire and I know a lot of people that do also, but I just don't care much for them.  They all seem to have for lack of better words - that New Belgium taste.

I agree, not a big fan of New Belgium.

possumslayer

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Alright back home from the football game. What's new? Did HII get banned?
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hawgjr

My everyday beer is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.  Just love the stuff.  I talked my "local" beer store into carrying it.  I think I'm the only one that buys it.  I'm just glad they carry it.

Boarme

Quote from: 14erHog on November 02, 2012, 11:02:19 pm
funny how life changes...I'm sitting here drinking some apple cider and whisky,

What cider you drinking?  I have planted some heritage apple trees with the hopes of making my own home brew cider in a few years.

Hog Waller

Scrimshaw Pale Ale is good...believe Scrimshaw is either out of Northern CA or Oregon...had some on tap the night at the Mellow Mushroom in Lexington and liked it a lot.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: possumslayer on November 02, 2012, 11:03:32 pm
why isssssss my snot orange?
I didn't know you could get clap in your nose. First time for everything I guess.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

14erHog

Quote from: Boarme on November 02, 2012, 11:04:41 pm
What cider you drinking?  I have planted some heritage apple trees with the hopes of making my own home brew cider in a few years.
Mountain Gold...some store bought from here in Colorado
We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer.
Zakk Wylde

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

Hog Waller

Quote from: hawgjr on November 02, 2012, 11:04:36 pm
My everyday beer is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.  Just love the stuff.  I talked my "local" beer store into carrying it.  I think I'm the only one that buys it.  I'm just glad they carry it.

I think their Torpedo Ale/IPA is really good...at least I think that is the name of it.

Hog Waller

I want to try Sam Adams Fat Jack Pumpkin Ale...supposedly a new Imperial they came out with.

Boarme

Quote from: Hog Waller on November 02, 2012, 11:06:28 pm
I think their Torpedo Ale/IPA is really good...at least I think that is the name of it.

Sierra makes some great beers.  Their  Christmas brews can be really good.

Anchor Steam fresh on tap is really tasty as well.

johnny cash

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 02, 2012, 11:03:39 pm
Alright back home from the football game. What's new? Did HII get banned?
don't think So exchanged a pm earlier this eve!

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: Boarme on November 02, 2012, 11:09:32 pm
Sierra makes some great beers.  Their  Christmas brews can be really good.

Anchor Steam fresh on tap is really tasty as well.

Have you had the Anchor Steam Christmas Ale?  Love that one.

Hog Waller

HII must be having to pay a little attention to the wife...he's been quiet on Twitter too.

Boarme

The RT thread on Gruden is currently a dumpster fire.   Everyone is making the same mistake we normally do and start arguing with the trolls.

hawgjr

Quote from: Boarme on November 02, 2012, 11:16:10 pm
The RT thread on Gruden is currently a dumpster fire.   Everyone is making the same mistake we normally do and start arguing with the trolls.
They need to kick back and have a Grude beer and relax!

GRUDEN!

Hog Waller

Saw a thread just started in Coaching Rumors stating:

Can someone PM me on why a certain coach rumor with a certain name always ends up in the trash can.  Within the last 3 hours i've seen discussion regarding Patterson, Peterson, Strong, Tuberville, Davis, Malzahn, and many more but none of them get canned? Can someone pm me and enlighten me?

Great question...me thinks is because folks know we are closer to the troof than they would like us to be.

Boarme

Anyone seen Pig in the Pokey?  Or did he get caught up in current events and get banned?

hawgjr

The Gundy talk sure is heating up.  More smoke from the BAC.

GRUDEN!

Boarme

Quote from: Hog Waller on November 02, 2012, 11:19:51 pm
Saw a thread just started in Coaching Rumors stating:

Can someone PM me on why a certain coach rumor with a certain name always ends up in the trash can.  Within the last 3 hours i've seen discussion regarding Patterson, Peterson, Strong, Tuberville, Davis, Malzahn, and many more but none of them get canned? Can someone pm me and enlighten me?

Great question...me thinks is because folks know we are closer to the troof than they would like us to be.

Hog Waller you know Arkansas is not worthy to even discuss the possibility of Gruden coming.    LOL

johnny cash

Quote from: Boarme on November 02, 2012, 11:20:57 pm
Anyone seen Pig in the Pokey?  Or did he get caught up in current events and get banned?
he's on vacation a few days! He will return!

Hog Waller

Quote from: johnny cash on November 02, 2012, 11:24:02 pm
he's on vacation a few days! He will return!

I remember seeing him earlier in the day...I just figured he burned through a bag this afternoon and fell asleep.

Clax10

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on November 02, 2012, 10:22:16 pm
I'm enjoying some Woodford Reserve at the moment, but I'd love to get in on this beer discussion. 

Some of my favorites:
Bell's Hopslam
Bell's Two-Hearted
Firestone Walker Double Jack IPA
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
Spaten Optimator
Capitol Autumnal Fire
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Ayinger Celebrator
Founders Breakfast Stout
Founders Double Trouble
Surly Furious

Hmm, I don't know where to stop.  I could name delicious beers for hours

I'm currently a few pages behind but I had to respond to this. Finally some beers I can agree with. I, personally, have never had a Sam Adams that i have liked and I have tried a lot of them. I tried the pumpkin the other night, just not that good. They lack the depth of a fine crafted beer.

My $0.02. Now back to catching up.

hawgjr

Quote from: Hog Waller on November 02, 2012, 11:27:09 pm
I remember seeing him earlier in the day...I just figured he burned through a bag this afternoon and fell asleep.
LOL!!! ;D ;D ;D

hawgjr

Quote from: Clax10 on November 02, 2012, 11:29:24 pm
I'm currently a few pages behind but I had to respond to this. Finally some beers I can agree with. I, personally, have never had a Sam Adams that i have liked and I have tried a lot of them. I tried the pumpkin the other night, just not that good. They lack the depth of a fine crafted beer.

My $0.02. Now back to catching up.
Why, that's just un-American!  Samuel Adams was a Brewer and a Patriot! ;D

hawgjr

I'm going to hit sack my fellow Grudes and leave you with this...

GRUDEN!!!

johnny cash

See u gents tomorrow!

Gruden!!!!

Hog Waller

Well Grude nite everyone.  Got a big and long day tomorrow.  Game, then taking the wife to Louisville for dinner and then the Springsteen concert...if I'm lucky I may get some afterwards.

Hog Waller

Clax10

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on November 02, 2012, 11:13:16 pm
Have you had the Anchor Steam Christmas Ale?  Love that one.

Samuel Smiths Winter Welcome is my favorite winter/Christmas beer. Should be available in the next week or two. I can't wait!!

razorback3072

You know darn well how far south that is.   ;)
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

RzrbkRat

Too lazy to scroll through the last few pages but nothing tops Pliny the Elder.  Loaded with hops and alcohol.