Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Tommy T fit in any foreseeable scenario?

Started by 007 License To Squeal, October 11, 2017, 03:08:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

007 License To Squeal

There was some discussion a few weeks ago about his opinions about the state of the football program.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Hog-Corleone

This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

The Hawg Marshal

elksnort

He does not sound too great in the booth to me.

Man, there are many people getting paid nice money that really aren't worth it.

Oh well.

Razorbackers

The_Iceman

moses_007

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on October 11, 2017, 03:10:53 pm
Would be a better director of athletics than Jeffie
This.  He grew up in the Little Rock area and has been a lifelong Razorbacks fan and supporter.  I think he would do well in the AD position... but not as head coach.

The Hawg Marshal

October 11, 2017, 03:24:55 pm #8 Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:06:56 pm by The Hawg Marshal
Quote from: moses_007 on October 11, 2017, 03:22:59 pm
This.  He grew up in the Little Rock area and has been a lifelong Razorbacks fan and supporter.  I think he would do well in the AD position... but not as head coach.
Where are you getting that he is a lifelong Razorback fan?

Razorbackers

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 11, 2017, 03:24:55 pm
Where are getting that he is a lifelong Razorback fan?

Why, he pulled that little fact nugget right from his butt lol.

King Kong

He would have been a great hire 20 years ago.

Not now

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Razorbackers on October 11, 2017, 03:28:34 pm
Why, he pulled that little fact nugget right from his butt lol.
Must have. I've never heard anything positive about the Razorbacks come out of his mouth.

JaketheSnake

Finebaum, I believe, was talking about Auburn needing to hire TT as their AD.  The guys knows football.  I wouldnt be against him coming to Arkansas as AD.

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

elksnort

moses_007

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 11, 2017, 03:30:24 pm
Must have. I've never heard anything positive about the Razorbacks come out of his mouth.
Watch the video of his speech at the LR Touchdown Club a few weeks ago. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMueIh2sAcA

ricepig

Quote from: Redhogs on October 11, 2017, 03:33:21 pm
Can we stop with the has beens.

I agree with you on this, new young blood in both the AD and head coach positions.

JaketheSnake

If Jeff Long moves on, I'd rather have someone that knows football than someone that doesnt.  That would be a major step forward for our football program.  It doesnt have to be TT, but someone like that.

moses_007

I think one of our biggest problems is that Long is an administrator and business person.... and not a football guy.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: moses_007 on October 11, 2017, 03:22:59 pm

Tommy is an Arkansan, true enough, but he didn't grow up in the Little Rock area.  Born and raised in Camden which is maybe 50 miles north of the Ark/La state line.   Graduated from and played football for what was then Southern State College, Magnolia.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing him hired as AD.

3Scoreand10

Yes, please, please, stop.
We need new blood with new ideas.

Redhogs

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on October 11, 2017, 03:42:44 pm
Tommy is an Arkansan, true enough, but he didn't grow up in the Little Rock area.  Born and raised in Camden which is maybe 50 miles north of the Ark/La state line.   Graduated from and played football for what was then Southern State College, Magnolia.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing him hired as AD.
First,  that does not qualify him for anything...second, better keep him out of restaurants, it could get embarrassing.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

elksnort

Quote from: Redhogs on October 11, 2017, 03:47:41 pm
First,  that does not qualify him for anything...second, better keep him out of restaurants, it could get embarrassing.
Tubberville or Andy Kennedy while at UC?

Hogeration

Too old. Hogs need a young guy with fire for recruiting.

TT fits in there with the has been and the never was.  A good coach, but not a hard core championship coach.

Bkhardicars

I like Tommy T, but if he were our athletic director one of his first moves would be to schedule the red wolves.

Ironhawg

Quote from: 3Scoreand10 on October 11, 2017, 03:45:02 pm
Yes, please, please, stop.
We need new blood with new ideas.

New blood with new ideas who also wants to win football games.

The Kig

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 11, 2017, 03:08:05 pm
There was some discussion a few weeks ago about his opinions about the state of the football program.

NO, nein, nope, nah, nope,... Negative. 
Poker Porker

The Hawg Marshal

October 11, 2017, 08:34:31 pm #29 Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:55:30 pm by The Hawg Marshal
Quote from: moses_007 on October 11, 2017, 03:34:57 pm
Watch the video of his speech at the LR Touchdown Club a few weeks ago. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMueIh2sAcA
Nah I've heard enough of him through the years on broadcasts and such. What he said while he was at an Arkansas function doesn't carry much weight with me. But I'll have no say in who gets it or not so the point is moot.

Sivad

AD
IF, he stops the whacko talk about playing the Little Red RidingWolves.
Their constant whining is too exquisite.

arkfan81

The last thing I remember about him, he said auburn will beat Arkansas by 3 touchdowns. That was 2009.
Have faith...

gchamblee

I wouldn't trust the man to hire a decent coach after he pretended to go to the restroom and left a recruit and family sitting in a restaurant during a recruiting visit. I wonder how long it took them to realize he had cowardly ran to his car and drove off?

TT is a pos and I would prefer he be nowhere near this program.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: arkfan81 on October 11, 2017, 10:43:46 pm
The last thing I remember about him, he said auburn will beat Arkansas by 3 touchdowns. That was 2009.
I know it was just coach speak, but I'll never forget what he said when he was the coach at Ole Miss. It was raining and the TV crew had a camera in the Ole Miss locker room right before kick off against Arkansas. TT is about to lead them out onto the field and at the end of his speech he says" and remember nothing smells worse than a wet hog". Made me mad that day and I still don't like it.lol

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: moses_007 on October 11, 2017, 03:42:09 pm
I think one of our biggest problems is that Long is an administrator and business person.... and not a football guy.

Didn't Bo vehemently explain to someone the other day that he knows all about football because he was a GA at Michigan?
This is my non-signature signature.

Boarsnest

Quote from: ricepig on October 11, 2017, 03:35:35 pm
I agree with you on this, new young blood in both the AD and head coach positions.

^^^This!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: mrp on October 12, 2017, 01:04:48 am
No way.

He's old.

He's all used up.

Is that how you place value on a person.  By age???  If you, I feel sorry for you.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

DeltaBoy

He a great coach and should be our next AD.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

factchecker

Tommy should be little rock u's athletic director.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 12, 2017, 02:41:10 pm
He was a great coach and should be possibly honored as an Arkansan at one of our future home games but in no way ever be made a UofA employee.

Agreed.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.