Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many wins next year assuming it is Norvell?

Started by Piggfoot, November 28, 2017, 10:40:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm saying we will lose to Bama, LSU, and Auburn

26 (9%)
78 (27%)
74 (25.6%)
61 (21.1%)
27 (9.3%)
23 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 289

Voting closed: November 30, 2017, 10:40:25 am

King Kong

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 28, 2017, 10:11:21 pm
Any coach worth crap should win 8 games next year. Easiest schedule since 2011

No doubt. Mizz (minus Lock assuming he goes pro), Vandy, Ole Piss and Miss St without Dan Mullen.

8-4 and he doesn't even have to beat anyone we shouldn't

Pig in the Pokey

people voting 6, 5, or 4. EXAMINE YOUR HEADS. Do you even know how many starters we return compared to the rest of the league? Do you know how easy our schedule is?

DO YOU EVEN FOOTBALL< YO?

9 regular season wins. losses to bama, barn, and maybe one other.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HogPharmer

CBB would win 9 first halves next year. That would almost guarantee us 6 or 7 wins next year with his incompetency on the sidelines.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

LA Football fan

You can't forget the qb from Bama that redshirted. Could fit Norvell's system.  Bohannon is still out there and probably will sign with us if Norvell is HC, a definite dual threat qb although more run than pass with him right now.  Norvell could bring in another dual threat he was recruiting for Memphis, just guessing here.  You have Justice Hill that is definitely a dual threat qb that will be on the hill for basketball but with Norvell it might be possible he  plays both sports.  You never know what his hire may  do in attracting some uncommitted recruits out there.  With Mullen out at MSU you may have Bishop from Ashdown back in the mix for defense also.  With so much turnover in coaches in the SEC this year there is no telling what recruits may change their mind and switch committments.

Pig in the Pokey

We gonna have us another 1998 type year with Norvell at the helm, except this time it wont be a monkey with a whistle at the helm and we'll close out the season better.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

root_hawg

rtr

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 28, 2017, 10:38:10 pm
We gonna have us another 1998 type year with Norvell at the helm, except this time it wont be a monkey with a whistle at the helm and we'll close out the season better.
I am sold. Bring Mike home.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Hambone Hog

Quote from: Pork Ranger on November 28, 2017, 10:43:35 am
He'll have some growing pains I predict. Itll be year 3 before he gets his Defense to play the west it needs to get above 8 wins

I think it's a typo, but I like what you did there.

hamsam

"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Jadestem

Optimistically went with 8. 7 should be no problem.

Pig in the Pokey

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Seriously I could coach the team to 7 wins next year so we better win 9 or more no matter who the coach is.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

The Hawg Marshal

East Clintwood

Quote from: BroyledNutts on November 28, 2017, 02:21:41 pm
IF he is hired ...

Win total fluid as too many factors are in play ...
Who stays, who transfers?
What assistants does he bring, how talented are they?
How long does it take to learn his offensive system?
Can he make an effective offensive line before the season starts?
Who will be the QB, how fast can he learn the scheme?
Do we currently have the kind of receivers he needs to run his scheme?
Can a serviceable defense be made with the players we have?
Are there difference maker recruits he could sign and get to campus to help contribute immediately?

I could pick an arbitrary number of wins for next year, but we really won't know what we have till we see it on the field for a season.

I can't believe it took this long for someone with some sense to post.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

East Clintwood

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 28, 2017, 10:33:17 pm
people voting 6, 5, or 4. EXAMINE YOUR HEADS. Do you even know how many starters we return compared to the rest of the league? Do you know how easy our schedule is?

DO YOU EVEN FOOTBALL< YO?

9 regular season wins. losses to bama, barn, and maybe one other.

You mean the starters that won 4 games?  Those starters?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Kneph13

Bowl eligibility with one major upset.  We always win and lose one we shouldn't.
There is no Political Correctness in war

SquidBilly

If we hire Norvell then we are looking at a 10+ win season.  He'll have the offense clicking and will bring some excitement back into the locker room.  You'll be surprised how much harder this team plays for a coach that will give all the players a chance to compete.  Just look at how many didn't Memphis receivers all had catches this year.  The man lets his playmakers make plays.