Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs Auburn

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 16, 2013, 06:31:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SnoopHoggyHog

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Tough game, wasn't pretty at times, but its a win!

Hope we can get rested for Saturday

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

old hog

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

TNhawgfan

Thanks for all the updates fellas. I'm glad we won, but it sounds like it was another frustrating game to watch for the Hogs
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

tiber

Quote from: ldfergu on January 16, 2013, 09:36:58 pm
gawd your annoying...he hit the shot to win the game, let the kid celebrate

If you think that was good basketball you've been deprived.

HogFansReunited

So glad to get out of this one with a win. Long tough game.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

HawgJD

Quote from: jbcarol on January 16, 2013, 09:37:56 pm
Split second exchange between Coach Anderson and Barbee.

I saw that too. Barely shook hands. What's up there?  ???

Birminghog

My cardiologist may ban me from watching if we have games like this.

Breems

Takes and builds toughness to pull out close ones like that... good finish defensively by the Razorbacks.

Letsroll1200

I missed overtime! Got home and watched on DVR but it stop recording after the three at regulation by Auburn. I'm so glad the Backs pulled it off.

Breems

Quote from: tiber on January 16, 2013, 09:38:47 pm

Any win is good basketball.  Go cry about Randy Shannon or something... you've got plenty of friends over there.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Adam Stokes

Only 8 TO's in 50 minutes of playing.  (Don't think we had one in the overtimes, could be wrong.)

Birminghog

Quote from: HawgJD on January 16, 2013, 09:38:59 pm
I saw that too. Barely shook hands. What's up there?  ???

Could be that Barbee is a hard case. I read lips very well, & he was throwing F-bombs nearly every time the camera was on him.

dsims2k3

Conditioning paid off toight. Auburn was gassed out.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

rosser33

ldfergu

Quote from: tiber on January 16, 2013, 09:38:47 pm
Never said that.  But you are overly-pessimistic and you're in every single thread.  You are more than likely a coward and thus, vent your frustrations with life and everything razorback on message boards.  Enough with being a constant whine bag

trippigs

Gut check win for the Hogs.....nice victory

PonderinHog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 16, 2013, 09:38:44 pm
Thanks for all the updates fellas. I'm glad we won, but it sounds like it was another frustrating game to watch for the Hogs
AubAuburn was on fire to start the second half, but they finally went cold with five to play.  If they were'nt a worse FT shooting team than Ark, we probably would have lost.

Dr. Starcs

The decrease in committing fouls has definitely gotten better over the year as has the decease in turnovers.

But some of the fundamental stuff still drives me crazy about this team.

Good to get the win though.

CalicoHawgFan

Here's the fatal flaw of our team.. (not being negative).. That team only played 8 players and it took 2 OT to get into their legs.... and by that time we were into our own legs. With how many time outs there are in college basketball you just can't get into the legs of players anymore.

elksnort

regi

The_Iceman

Quote from: CalicoHawgFan on January 16, 2013, 09:44:17 pm
Here's the fatal flaw of our team.. (not being negative).. That team only played 8 players and it took 2 OT to get into their legs.... and by that time we were into our own legs. With how many time outs there are in college basketball you just can't get into the legs of players anymore.

The timeouts affect our style of play more than the officiating. There are way too many.

regi

Quote from: CalicoHawgFan on January 16, 2013, 09:44:17 pm

That, and on the road, this style puts the home team on the line way to much.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 16, 2013, 09:40:05 pm
I missed overtime! Got home and watched on DVR but it stop recording after the three at regulation by Auburn. I'm so glad the Backs pulled it off.

Appreciate your support, but who are "the Backs"?

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 16, 2013, 09:43:13 pm
AubAuburn was on fire to start the second half, but they finally went cold with five to play.  If they were'nt a worse FT shooting team than Ark, we probably would have lost.

Agree. I really liked how the Hogs hung in there even when Auburn started the 2nd half with, like, 8-8 in FG's.

Horthawg

Quote from: stan the man on January 16, 2013, 09:35:41 pm
If you didn't know better the announcers are Auburn announcers.  When young made that three did you hear their reaction
They suck and shouldn't be allowed to call an Arkansas game
I noticd that too. Their bias was so obvious.
Once a Hog-ALWAYS A HOG!

UltimateHog

Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

hogman55

What was the student section holding? A picture of some kind.

Hogz87

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 16, 2013, 09:36:30 pm
So whats the reason for the horrendous free throw shooting?
Don't know, but I don't think it's just Arkansas and Auburn.  Seems like every non-Arkansas game I watch, at least one team has a horrible game from the FT line.  Not as terrible as Auburn was tonight, but similar to how bad we were. 

elksnort

Quote from: regi on January 16, 2013, 09:52:09 pm
Game not on television in Georgia.
Sorry, I made an assumption. You know what that says about me!

John Futrall

Quote from: hogman55 on January 16, 2013, 10:16:33 pm
What was the student section holding? A picture of some kind.

Chubb's mugshot.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

SteveInArk

No wonder the Ref's didn't call #5 on him during that run of 3 or so uncalled, flagrant fouls (okay, not flagrant but hard fouls, and obvious).

They were afraid he'd go off on them, LOL!  ;)
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

SteveInArk

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown