Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Recruiting and Beyond

Started by ucahogfan, June 28, 2015, 07:35:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Yet another commit will be heading to Long Beach very soon for the Area Code Games as Jordan McFarland will be playing for the Yankees:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/area-code-baseball/2015-new-york-yankees-area-code-roster/

The White Sox have yet to release their roster which is typically the team that has most of our commits.  As far as this year, I could see Stobbe, Rortvedt, Benninghoff, and Heiss being on the roster at a minimum depending on if they tried out or not.

ucahogfan

A 4th commit will be heading to Long Beach as Matt Cronin will be playing for the Washington Nationals:

http://www.studentsports.com/baseball/2015/07/28/2015-washington-nationals-area-code-roster/

The Chicago White Sox also released their team roster and about 20% of them are committed to play their college ball at Baum as Tyler Benninghoff, Brenden Heiss, Lucas Krull, Cole Stobbe, and Ben Rortvedt make the team:

http://www.studentsports.com/baseball/2015/07/28/2015-chicago-white-sox-area-code-roster/

There are a couple of uncommitted players on the White Sox team who could potentially sign with the Hogs although I have no idea who we are and aren't recruiting.

Cole Turney will be playing for the Texas Rangers in the AC Underclass Games this year:

http://www.studentsports.com/baseball/2015/07/28/2015-underclass-team-1/

The White Sox also released their Underclass roster and although we don't have a commit on the team (Hooper would be the one possibility), we typically recruit that part of the country very well:

http://www.studentsports.com/baseball/2015/07/28/2015-underclass-team-2/

That makes 10 commits that will be playing in Long Beach from August 4-11.  I'm sure at least Vitello will be there recruiting.  I also don't think we have ever had 9 commits play in the ACG in one year.  The 2014 had 6-7 if my memory serves me right, but 9 commits is half of our class and every single one of them is from out-of-state.  Vitello is recruiting better than anyone in the country right now IMO.

mclyte

Casey Martin, Lonoke class of 2017, was offered today by Arkansas.

JackJohnson

Quote from: mclyte on July 29, 2015, 11:21:38 pm
Casey Martin, Lonoke class of 2017, was offered today by Arkansas.

Another kid that played on the same Rawlings Arkansas Prospects team with Evan Hooper, Hunter Milligan, Paxton Wallace, Cade Tucker, etc.  Those team(s) were just flat loaded.  Between the Red and Black teams (which combined together for major tournaments) it was a sight to behold.  At the end of the day of the 20 something kids it wouldn't surprise me to see most if not all play college at some level, and several being drafted out of HS

howie76

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 30, 2015, 03:19:33 pm
Another kid that played on the same Rawlings Arkansas Prospects team with Evan Hooper, Hunter Milligan, Paxton Wallace, Cade Tucker, etc.  Those team(s) were just flat loaded.  Between the Red and Black teams (which combined together for major tournaments) it was a sight to behold.  At the end of the day of the 20 something kids it wouldn't surprise me to see most if not all play college at some level, and several being drafted out of HS
mckinley Williams got invited to a try out for the white sox. Not sure it's called a try out. His dad told me they invited 45 kids to be there to workout. I believe he said it was in Sherwood at Kevin McReynolds field. He was a catcher for the Rawlings bunch.

PorkRyan

Connor Noland was rated by PG as the #48 player in the 2018 class. 

PorkRyan

Quote from: ucahogfan on July 28, 2015, 07:42:52 pm

Cole Turney will be playing for the Texas Rangers in the AC Underclass Games this year:

He just committed to us. 

ucahogfan

Quote from: PorkRyan on August 03, 2015, 02:21:03 pm
He just committed to us.
He has been committed to us for a couple of months.  He was the first commit for 2017.

ucahogfan

Really good article about 2017 OF commit Cole Turney including why he committed to Arkansas:

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=11709

In other recruiting news, we will have four commits playing on the MLB Network this weekend.  Brenden Heiss will be playing at Wrigley in the Under Amour AA game tomorrow at 3 PM CST.  Cole Stobbe, Ben Rortvedt, and Dominic Fletcher will all be playing at Petco in the Perfect Game AA game on Sunday.

flippinhogmana

thanks for the update UCA, 1+  For some reason his attitude (and I hope his talent) reminds me on another left handed hitting outfielder we recently had that was about the same size....AB?  Anybody remember him?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ucahogfan

Some good info about Cole Turney:

Also about Cole Turney as he was named the top prospect at the PG Underclass AA Games:

http://www.perfectgame.org/events/Showcases/TopProspectList.aspx?event=3164

I don't know if we have ever had a player finish as the top prospect in a big showcase like that.

ucahogfan

Now some updates from the PG All American Game which will be shown on the MLB Network tomorrow at 7 PM CST.

Chris King ‏@StatsKing  · 23h23 hours ago 
See that 452 sign on top of the building? Ben Rortvedt just landed one on it #PGAAC

Daron Sutton ‏@lifeisgreatsut  · 7h7 hours ago 
Been doing this 9 years & @rortvedt22 just put one on the best displays I've ever seen in HR derby. Better than Harper or Gallo. #PGAAC 13HR

Perfect Game USA ‏@PerfectGameUSA  · 5h5 hours ago 
Finals are set for the HR Derby tomorrow with Blake Rutherford, Ben Rortvedt, Alex Kirilloff and Joe Rizzo!

Perfect Game USA ‏@PerfectGameUSA  · 7h7 hours ago 
No big deal Cole Stobbe closes out his Derby round with #11 over the batters eye!!!

The following link is the PG All American blog:

http://www.perfectgame.org/AllAmerican/News.aspx?num=11702

Razorpigg

My little cousin Ben Bailey committed to Coach Van Horn today! Ben's a catcher from NLR HS. Great player and an even better person! Great get for the hogs, even if I am a little biased! WPS!

bulldog04

Quote from: Razorpigg on August 24, 2015, 07:32:38 pm
My little cousin Ben Bailey committed to Coach Van Horn today! Ben's a catcher from NLR HS. Great player and an even better person! Great get for the hogs, even if I am a little biased! WPS!
That's awesome and I'm sure the family is excited.  Do you know his measurable and some stats?  Also what other colleges were pursuing him?

Arkamedes

Congratulations to your cousin and your family! Woo Pig!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

Razorpigg

Quote from: bulldog04 on August 24, 2015, 08:43:18 pm
That's awesome and I'm sure the family is excited.  Do you know his measurable and some stats?  Also what other colleges were pursuing him?

Thanks Bulldog!  Ben is 6'0 185, bats left and throws right.  Plays summer ball for East Coast Baseball and has for the last 3 years. Working on you guys some stats right now! WPS!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Razorpigg on August 25, 2015, 11:49:36 am

Thanks Bulldog!  Ben is 6'0 185, bats left and throws right.  Plays summer ball for East Coast Baseball and has for the last 3 years. Working on you guys some stats right now! WPS!

Here is one game note on him...

http://www.prepbaseballreport.com/arkansas

and another

http://www.prepbaseballreport.com/arkansas

dont know anything about him other than the measureables listed above other than those two games.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

mclyte

Casey Martin from Lonoke has committed to the Hogs.

PorkRyan

hs6

Harrison Hefley from Rogers, AR commits to the Hogs.

ucahogfan

August 29, 2015, 11:15:11 am #70 Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:07:06 am by ucahogfan
2016 Commitments
1.  Tyler Benninghoff - 6-4, 180, RHP, 66, 10, Kansas (HS in Missouri)
2.  Sammy Blair - 5-9, 165, OF, 333, N/A, Texas
3.  Matt Burch - 5-9, 155, SS, 500, N/A, Illinois
4.  Matt Cronin - 5-11, 170, LHP, 314, 9.5, Florida
5.  Angus Denton - 6-0, 165, RHP, Top 1000, N/A, Arkansas
6.  Dominic Fletcher - 5-9, 180, OF, 62, 10, California
7.  Brenden Heiss - 6-1, 210, RHP, 105, 10, Illinois
8.  Jack Kenley - 6-0, 170, SS, 500, 9, Tennessee
9.  Jacob Kostyshock - 6-4, 160, RHP, 500, N/A, Missouri
10.  Lucas Krull - 6-6, 200, LHP, 227, N/A, Kansas
11.  Evan Lee - 6-0, 160, LHP, 344, N/A, Arkansas
12.  Blake Lillis - 6-3, 175, LHP, 500, N/A, Kansas
13.  Jordan McFarland - 6-4, 220, OF, 137, 10, Illinois
14.  Ben Rortvedt - 5-10, 185, NR, 21, 10, Wisconsin
15.  Cole Stobbe - 6-1, 180, SS, 15, 10, Nebraska
16.  Jaxon Williams - 5-7, 155, SS, 189, N/A, Texas
17.  Zach Jackson - 6-0, 225, RHP, NR, N/A, Arkansas
18.  Dylan Thompson - 6-3, 180, LHP, 499, N/A, Arkansas
19.  Ben Bailey - 6-0, 185, C, 500, N/A, Arkansas
20.  Harrison Heffley - 6-3, ?, LHP, NR, N/A, Arkansas
21.  Jackson Rutledge - 6-4, 180, LHP, NR, N/A, Louisiana

2017 Commitments
1.  Kole Ramage - 5-11, 175, RHP, 462, 9, Texas
2.  Cole Turney - 6-0, 175, OF, 7, 10, Texas
3.  Evan Hooper - 6-0, 180, OF, 118, 9.5, Arkansas
4.  Canaan Smith - 5-10, 200, C, 302, N/A, Texas
5.  Jacob Nesbitt - 6-0, 165, SS, 166, N/A, Texas
6.  Austin Kelly - 6-1, 195, RHP, NR, N/A, Arkansas
7.  Casey Martin - 5-10, 160, SS, NR, N/A, Arkansas
8.  Easton Murrell - 6-0, 190, SS, 490, N/A, Texas
9.  Heston Kjerstad - 6-2, 170, SS, NR, 8, Texas

2018 Commitments
1.  Liam Henry - 6-1, 160, OF/LHP, NR, N/A, Missouri

ucahogfan

August 29, 2015, 11:16:10 am #71 Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 05:34:53 pm by ucahogfan
2016 State-by-State Breakdown
Kansas - 3 (2 LHP, 1 RHP)
Illinois - 3 (1 RHP, 1 SS, 1 OF)
Arkansas - 6 (3 LHP, 2 RHP, 1 C)
Texas - 2 (1 SS, 1 OF)
California - 1 (1 OF)
Florida - 1 (1 LHP)
Missouri - 1 (1 RHP)
Nebraska - 1 (1 SS)
Tennessee - 1 (1 SS)
Wisconsin - 1 (1 C)
Louisiana - 1 (1 LHP)

2017 State-by-State Breakdown
Texas - 6 (1 RHP, 1 OF, 1 C, 3 SS)
Arkansas - 3 (1 OF, 1 SS, 1 RHP)

2018 State-by-State Breakdown
Missouri - 1 (1 OF/LHP)

ucahogfan

Vitello has definitely been busy this month on the recruiting trail as there are six new commitments to report.

Starting with the 2016 class:

-  Just like Alex Gosser, Ben Bailey is a left handed hitting catcher from NLR.  He has a good frame 6-0, 185 and is a solid defender.  His pop times are just above 2.0 according to PBR so there is room for improvement.  Ideally, you want those to be in the 1.8-1.9 range.  It should improve as he gets older.  Here is an article from PBR earlier this week talking about the top uncommitted 2016 catchers:

http://www.prepbaseballreport.com/news/AR/The-Hotlist-Top-Uncommitted-2016-Catchers-3590461872

-  Harrison Heffley is a 6-3 LHP from Rogers High.  Couldn't find much information about him at all except that he is a 6-3 LHP from Rogers.

-  Jackson Rutledge is a 6-4 LHP from Benton, LA which is near Shreveport.  I could not find much information about him except that he hit 82 at a PG event last summer.

Now for the class of 2017:

-  The best pitching staff in Arkansas next year should be found at Bryant high school.  With seniors Evan Lee and Zach Jackson already committed to the Hogs, RHP Austin Kelly is the third guy from the staff right now to commit.  Read more about him from PBR below:

http://www.prepbaseballreport.com/news/AR/Player-Spotlight-Kelly-and-Langston-8214537609

-  The #1 prospect in the class of 2017 in Arkansas according to PBR is Lonoke SS Casey Martin.  He is the #46 player overall in the PBR coverage area for the class of 2017 and is a potential 5 tool player.  Having Hooper and Martin now committed to the Hogs gives us the top two players in-state and two potential high level players to build around.  Read more about Martin from PBR below:

http://www.prepbaseballreport.com/news/AR/2017-National-Rankings-Released-6190753284

-  A switch-hitting SS from Prosper, TX, Easton Murrell picked the Hogs over the likes of Texas, Oklahoma State, and Stanford.  His father Rodney was a 9th round pick of the New York Mets back in 1986 so he comes from good bloodlines. Also with a name like Easton, Arkansas is the perfect fit.  If we get Murrell, Nesbit, and Turney from Texas to pair with Martin and Hooper, we have a bunch of premium athletes to play at SS/CF for us.  Read more about Murrell and his offer from Texas below:

http://www.wfaa.com/story/sports/2015/06/15/texas-offers-prosper-ss-easton-murrell/71268278/

Easton Murrell was also a big factor of Prosper winning the Texas 5A state baseball championship last year.  His head coach is Rick Carpenter who is the father of St. Louis Cardinal Matt Carpenter.  Murrell is also in line to be the starting QB for Prosper.  Read about the state title victory below:

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/prosper-takes-uilstate-baseball-tourney-title-before-8126#sthash.k08w4leF.uxfs&st_refDomain=twitter.com&st_refQuery=/EastonMurrell5

UltimateHog

Quote from: ucahogfan on August 29, 2015, 11:15:11 am
2016 Commitments
1.  Tyler Benninghoff - 6-4, 180, RHP, 64, 10, Kansas (HS in Missouri)

Separated his shoulder last night vs Webb City. He is the QB for Rockhurst.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: UltimateHog on August 29, 2015, 09:32:45 pm
Separated his shoulder last night vs Webb City. He is the QB for Rockhurst.

which shoulder?  Makes a big difference for a pitcher.  It makes a difference for a football player, too.  My son separated his shoulder in his junior year and although he played two more years, even as an all conference player, he was never the same.  It still bothers him today.  He supposedly had the best of care too.  electronic stimulous, pt, and the whole bit.  He still never had quite the rip strength and the over strength is that arm still isnt what it was or should be.  Hope for better with Tyler.

ucahogfan

Let's play the wildest possible dream scenario and assume we get all of our commits from the 2016 and 2017 classes.  A potential 2018-2019 lineup could look like this:

C - Ben Rortvedt - PG All-American - Stud LHH with pop and excellent defensively
1B - Jordan McFarland - ACG Participant - Sub 6.7 runner with pop
2B - Jaxon Williams - ACG Participant - Could stick at SS, but he can hit
SS - Cole Stobbe - PG All-American - Stud RHH with a lot of pop and excellent defensively
3B - Casey Martin - Top player 2017 in-state according to PBR - Still a little raw, but a potential 5 tool player
LF - Cole Turney - Top 2017 in TX according to PG - best raw hitting talent we have committed, RF defensive tools
CF - Evan Hopper - #2 player in 2017 in-state according to PBR - Sub 6.6 speed with strong arm and solid hitter
RF - Dominic Fletcher - PG All-American - top defensive OF in 2016 class, good at plate as well
DH - Easton Murrell - Started at SS on the 6A Texas State Champ as a sophomore, top tier type player

That is a sickening line up to look at and the pitching side will be great as well.

Amityvillehogger

Interested to see who makes it to campus.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

ucahogfan

The Hogs add their first commitment to the class of 2018 just a few minutes ago in KC area player Liam Henry.  He doesn't have a PG or PBR profile, but if we are accepting his commitment this early, he has to be a great ball player.

Liam Henry ‏@LBGH_  · 25m25 minutes ago 
Truely blessed and excited to say that I have commited to play baseball and further my education at The University of Arkansas⚾️🐗!

flippinhogmana

Bigjamaican

Just joining the Hog Nation! My son just committed on 9/6 to Arkansas, Liam Henry OF/P L/L. Plays for Building Champions in Kansas City and Park Hill high school. First commit for class of 2018. Excited to be a Hog!

Waldron_Hog

Welcome to hogville, and welcome to HOG NATION!

Bigjamaican

UCA - Liam Henry (2018) is an OF/LHP bats left.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Bigjamaican on September 09, 2015, 08:23:51 pm
UCA - Liam Henry (2018) is an OF/LHP bats left.
Thank you.  Glad to have Liam on board.  If you would like, could you please give us an idea of what type of player Liam is and why he chose Arkansas?

Maddhog

Quote from: Bigjamaican on September 09, 2015, 11:22:20 am
Just joining the Hog Nation! My son just committed on 9/6 to Arkansas, Liam Henry OF/P L/L. Plays for Building Champions in Kansas City and Park Hill high school. First commit for class of 2018. Excited to be a Hog!

Welcome to you and your son!   Hope you will hang around with us.  🐗
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Bigjamaican

Thx!! Happy to be apart of the "Nation".
UCA - Liam is very athletic with great speed in the outfield and stealing bases. Strong arm from the outfield as well (center and right field) with good accuracy. LHP with good control over 3+ pitches, hits 82-83 consistently as a lefty,just starting his sophomore year. A good stick with quick hands and bat speed through the zone. Great team player and student with a 3.6 GPA. Intelligent player with a great work ethic.
Choose Arkansas because of Van Horn, Vitello and coaching staff, academics, facilities and team environment.

flippinhogmana

First, I already gave you your second 'applaud' and now your fourth, just a small reward and recognition for having the enthusiasm and guts to join us!).  Second, as a proud dad myself I recognize another one, so as one dad to another, welcome aboard and I promise to have your back.  There are mostly good sports and gentlemen (and a few ladies) on this board.  I look forward to sharing with you and urging your son on.  Do you think he is more interested in college than in signing or is it too soon to tell as young as he is?

Bigjamaican

Quote from: flippinhogmana on September 10, 2015, 05:12:44 pm
First, I already gave you your second 'applaud' and now your fourth, just a small reward and recognition for having the enthusiasm and guts to join us!).  Second, as a proud dad myself I recognize another one, so as one dad to another, welcome aboard and I promise to have your back.  There are mostly good sports and gentlemen (and a few ladies) on this board.  I look forward to sharing with you and urging your son on.  Do you think he is more interested in college than in signing or is it too soon to tell as young as he is?

Thx flippinhogmana. He is 100% focused on college.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Bigjamaican on September 10, 2015, 04:56:36 pm
Thx!! Happy to be apart of the "Nation".
UCA - Liam is very athletic with great speed in the outfield and stealing bases. Strong arm from the outfield as well (center and right field) with good accuracy. LHP with good control over 3+ pitches, hits 82-83 consistently as a lefty,just starting his sophomore year. A good stick with quick hands and bat speed through the zone. Great team player and student with a 3.6 GPA. Intelligent player with a great work ethic.
Choose Arkansas because of Van Horn, Vitello and coaching staff, academics, facilities and team environment.

Thank you for that information.  It really helps us know what kind of player we can look forward too.  I'm excited to have him on board.  And it must be good knowing that he has already made his college choice and a great one at that.

ucahogfan

PG is reporting that Heston Kjerstad of Amarillo, TX is the 9th commitment of the class of 2017.  He is a 6-2, 170 switch hitting SS who has grown 3 inches in the last year.  Haven't found out a ton about him.  He is the 6th commitment from Texas in the class of 2017.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Bigjamaican on September 10, 2015, 05:28:35 pm
Thx flippinhogmana. He is 100% focused on college.

Even better.  A 3.6 is a good place to start and your education they can never take away from you.  When I went there they had a good premed, a good prelaw, and a good engineering college (I was in engineering to start).  Since then I believe that have added one of the best business schools, particularly in the midwest, and I understand they are good in the sports medicine area.  I am not saying thats all.  UCA is a recent grad ((I started their in 69 if that gives you an idea of the difference) and I am sure could tell you much more.  But apparently Liam already knows a good bit about it besides just DVH and the baseball program.

ucahogfan

Jheremy Brown ‏@JBrownPG  · 4h4 hours ago 
2017 OF Cole Turney (Richmond, TX) putting his + LH strength on display, out front on CB & still 2 hopped wall to RCF for standup 3B #WPS

An excerpt from the article posted below - Cole Turney (2017, Richmond, Texas) may not have filled up the box score for the SACSN National Team but the newly minted No. 7 prospect in the updated 2017 class rankings made an impression nonetheless. At a physical and strongly built 6-foot-1, 195-pounds, Turney wasted no time putting his big lefthanded bat speed on display as he just missed a bat in his first at-bat of the tournament, skying a fly ball to centerfield with a 6.04 hang time. Turney continued to put his bat speed and strength combination on display with three consecutive swings, each resulting in long foul balls which if straightened out would have cleared the right field fence. He shows a sound approach in the box and wasn't afraid to take his walks in his first two at-bats in game two, displaying a knowledge of the strike zone while staying in on each pitch.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=11780

ucahogfan

Perfect Game USA ‏@PerfectGameUSA  · 3h3 hours ago 
Cole Turney (TX) continues to show you will have a tough time finding a better 2017 hitter anywhere. Arkansas commit, fun to watch him hit

ucahogfan

September 20, 2015, 08:22:26 pm #92 Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 08:33:25 pm by ucahogfan
2016 Commitments
1.  Tyler Benninghoff - 6-4, 180, RHP, 66, 10, Kansas (HS in Missouri)
2.  Sammy Blair - 5-9, 165, OF, 333, N/A, Texas
3.  Matt Burch - 5-9, 155, SS, 500, N/A, Illinois
4.  Matt Cronin - 5-11, 170, LHP, 314, 9.5, Florida
5.  Angus Denton - 6-0, 165, RHP, Top 1000, N/A, Arkansas
6.  Dominic Fletcher - 5-9, 180, OF, 62, 10, California
7.  Brenden Heiss - 6-1, 210, RHP, 105, 10, Illinois
8.  Jack Kenley - 6-0, 170, SS, 500, 9, Tennessee
9.  Jacob Kostyshock - 6-4, 160, RHP, 500, N/A, Missouri
10.  Lucas Krull - 6-6, 200, LHP, 227, N/A, Kansas
11.  Evan Lee - 6-0, 160, LHP, 344, N/A, Arkansas
12.  Blake Lillis - 6-3, 175, LHP, 500, N/A, Kansas
13.  Jordan McFarland - 6-4, 220, OF, 137, 10, Illinois
14.  Ben Rortvedt - 5-10, 185, NR, 21, 10, Wisconsin
15.  Cole Stobbe - 6-1, 180, SS, 15, 10, Nebraska
16.  Jaxon Williams - 5-7, 155, SS, 189, N/A, Texas
17.  Zach Jackson - 6-0, 225, RHP, NR, N/A, Arkansas
18.  Dylan Thompson - 6-3, 180, LHP, 499, N/A, Arkansas
19.  Ben Bailey - 6-0, 185, C, 500, N/A, Arkansas
20.  Harrison Heffley - 6-3, ?, LHP, NR, N/A, Arkansas
21.  Jackson Rutledge - 6-4, 180, LHP, NR, N/A, Louisiana

2017 Commitments
1.  Kole Ramage - 5-11, 175, RHP, 462, 9, Texas
2.  Cole Turney - 6-0, 175, OF, 7, 10, Texas
3.  Evan Hooper - 6-0, 180, OF, 118, 9.5, Arkansas
4.  Canaan Smith - 5-10, 200, C, 302, N/A, Texas
5.  Jacob Nesbitt - 6-0, 165, SS, 166, N/A, Texas
6.  Austin Kelly - 6-1, 195, RHP, NR, N/A, Arkansas
7.  Casey Martin - 5-10, 160, SS, NR, N/A, Arkansas
8.  Easton Murrell - 6-0, 190, SS, 490, N/A, Texas
9.  Heston Kjerstad - 6-2, 170, SS, NR, 8, Texas
10.  Zebulon Vermillion - 6-5, 175, RHP, 275, N/A, Kansas

2018 Commitments
1.  Liam Henry - 6-1, 160, OF/LHP, NR, N/A, Missouri

ucahogfan

2016 State-by-State Breakdown
Kansas - 3 (2 LHP, 1 RHP)
Illinois - 3 (1 RHP, 1 SS, 1 OF)
Arkansas - 6 (3 LHP, 2 RHP, 1 C)
Texas - 2 (1 SS, 1 OF)
California - 1 (1 OF)
Florida - 1 (1 LHP)
Missouri - 1 (1 RHP)
Nebraska - 1 (1 SS)
Tennessee - 1 (1 SS)
Wisconsin - 1 (1 C)
Louisiana - 1 (1 LHP)

2017 State-by-State Breakdown
Texas - 6 (1 RHP, 1 OF, 1 C, 3 SS)
Arkansas - 3 (1 OF, 1 SS, 1 RHP)
Kansas - 1 (1 RHP)

2018 State-by-State Breakdown
Missouri - 1 (1 OF/LHP)

ucahogfan

Zebulon Vermillion ‏@Zebatron3000  · 2h2 hours ago 
Proud to announce that I have verbally committed to play baseball at the University of Arkansas 🐗⚾️ #WPS #OmaHogs

The Hogs have picked up their 10th commitment in the class of 2017 in Kansas City area RHP Zebulon Vermillion.  According to PBR, he is the third ranked player in Kansas in his class.  He is the type of RHP we have seemed to target in the 6-3 to 6-5 range.  Here is a little excerpt from his PBR profile which I will link below it:

8/1/15 - Vermillion is a 6-foot-5 175-pound right-handed pitcher. Vermillion had was impressive with an 85-88 mph fastball with late run, working both sides of the plate.  He has an over-the-top release with quick arm speed.  He showed command of his breaking ball and change-up.  Vermillion's curveball is a late breaking and  11-to-5 in shape at 71-72 mph.  His change-up has late sink at 80-82 mph with fastball arm speed.  Vermillion has loose arm action and slender frame that will allow for strength and increased velo as he develops.

http://www.prepbaseballreport.com/profiles/KS/Zebulon-Vermillion-9245360187#tab2

He is from Shawnee Mission East and one of at least two players committed to programs who were in Omaha last year.  The other is top 2016 player Joey Wentz who is committed to Virginia.  This looks like yet another excellent pickup for the staff and our pipeline to KC is as strong as ever.

Jheremy Brown ‏@JBrownPG  · 1h1 hour ago 
#Arkansas adds another piece to 2017 class with big 6'5" RHP Zebulon Vermillion out of KS. Upper-80s FB & projects. #275 per @PerfectGameUSA

ucahogfan

Someone who is closer to the program can probably clarify, but it looks like this weekend was a huge recruiting weekend for our program with most of the commits on campus for both the 2016 and 2017 classes.  It seems like this is what DVH likes to do and bring in all of the guys on one weekend to bond and typically have a couple of scrimmages.  Hopefully it convinced all of them to pass on the draft and come to school.

bulldog04

Quote from: ucahogfan on September 20, 2015, 08:37:54 pm
Someone who is closer to the program can probably clarify, but it looks like this weekend was a huge recruiting weekend for our program with most of the commits on campus for both the 2016 and 2017 classes.  It seems like this is what DVH likes to do and bring in all of the guys on one weekend to bond and typically have a couple of scrimmages.  Hopefully it convinced all of them to pass on the draft and come to school.
Judging from Twitter your right.  A lot of tweets and retweets between recruits.  The good thing is Cole Turney has been involved in most of it

Bigjamaican

flippinhogmana

if you get premium content what was Jacob Kostyshock ranked?

Bigjamaican

Quote from: flippinhogmana on September 21, 2015, 02:24:22 pm
if you get premium content what was Jacob Kostyshock ranked?

Sorry I don't. Just able to see Liam at #3 since they give top 10 for free. Will try to find out.