Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stan Heath

Started by undertaker, December 29, 2005, 06:16:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

undertaker

Would anybody agree with me that it is time for Stan The Coach Wanna Be to go.  All I keep hearing about are these great recruits, but yet we never win, at some point we are going to have to quit blaming Nolan, and wake up and smell the coffee, and relaize that Stan is in over his head!

Pignominious

That was a really dumb post, wait till the season is over to make an assesment.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

rockhog

undertaker

Why a dumb post, honestly do you see that much improvement on our team,  Would you not agree our program has dropped drastically since he took over,  when was the last time we were ranked in the top 25.

rockhog

who is blaming nolan for what you idiot?

Shizzle

I think Heath has done a tremendous job, considering he took over a program, that would have been in better shape, if it had been on the NCAA "Death Penalty". Give they guy a few years I think he has a lot to offer.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

WxHog

Never win?   We are 9-2, coming off of beating a Bobby Knight team.    ::)

rockhog

put some real thought into it, take a deep breath and try again.

rockhog

Stan Heath has some class and is putting together some good recruits. BB looking much better every year.

undertaker

Give him a few years, this is year number four, and how many times have we been to the dance, 0, and if you remember last year we were like 12 or 13-1, and did we make the dance, nope, all we got was the Dick Vitale Cup Cake Schedule of the year award, and we still couldn't make the  Big Dance.  I don't hate Stan, I think he is a very well spoked man, but I believe he is in over his head.  I mean lets look at our recruiting classes, all I hear is how great they are, but every year we fade away in the SEC.  What makes anyone think this team will be any different, from the first 11 games we have all seen..

undertaker

A Bobby Knight Team, is that our goal to beat a team that has no seniors, and is like 7-5.  Boy our Fans have lost a lot of expectation.  I remember the day not to long ago that if we didn't win 20 games and go to the sweet sixteen we were all dissappointed.  Now we are happy we beat Missouri State by eight points at home, and A BOBBY KNIGHT TEAM!  WOW!!!

Pignominious

Quote from: undertaker on December 29, 2005, 06:27:38 pm
Give him a few years, this is year number four, and how many times have we been to the dance, 0, and if you remember last year we were like 12 or 13-1, and did we make the dance, nope, all we got was the Dick Vitale Cup Cake Schedule of the year award, and we still couldn't make the Big Dance. I don't hate Stan, I think he is a very well spoked man, but I believe he is in over his head. I mean lets look at our recruiting classes, all I hear is how great they are, but every year we fade away in the SEC. What makes anyone think this team will be any different, from the first 11 games we have all seen..

And I suppose Dick Vitale is the leading expert on all things basketball?  We have not played a single game in conference yet.  We are more experienced and talented than about 80% of the conference teams.

TheSportsGuy

if u had any observable knowledge of our team, u would never make this post.  u are an idiot and u need to not make any threads that will make us dumber for reading them.  stay away and just observe, which is what u obviously need to learn to do.
thank u, this is the management speaking.

undertaker

Sports Guy, that was a great come back, you had a lot of statistics with that one, there is no way i can ever make a comeback on that one,  good job.  When you actually show me some stats, we can have a nice discussion, until then KNOW YOUR ROLE AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH,

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: undertaker on December 29, 2005, 06:16:52 pm
Would anybody agree with me that it is time for Stan The Coach Wanna Be to go. !

No. Nobody.

Pignominious

Quote from: undertaker on December 29, 2005, 06:34:35 pm
Sports Guy, that was a great come back, you had a lot of statistics with that one, there is no way i can ever make a comeback on that one, good job. When you actually show me some stats, we can have a nice discussion, until then KNOW YOUR ROLE AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH,

You didn't supply any statistics either, were you planning on doing so?  Or are you just flaming?

undertaker

BearClaw, are you saying that we didn't have one the easiest schedules last year, because we can go over them one by one.  Stan Heath has been putting together recruits for four years now and still there is no improvement since he took over.  I mean ask yourself to look back to when he was hired, if you would have been told that we would not even be close to making the Big Dance, would you have been for hiring him.  I think he was the right hire at the right time considering what our University was going through with the lawsuit and everything, but the bottom line is if he doesn't get it done this year, (and judging by the way the first 11 games have gone he won't) he should go!  Nothing personal.  I mean lets look at Houston Nutt, I've seen people calling for his resignation for a year now and the man has taken us to a bowl games for seven straight years, but two losing seasons and its time for him to go. 

undertaker

BearClaw, here are some stats, we haven't been close to the dance since Stan took over, we have had a losing season ever since he has been here in the SEC.  You can say what you want to about Nolan, but even during his bad years, he competed in the SEC.  I don't see how anyone can say our team is close to competing night in and night out, with what we have seen. 

rok-dog

undertaker,  it seems you have much pent up aggression.  I suggest a trip to the tavern to relax.
Quote from: TuckFexas on May 14, 2010, 01:29:05 pm
Listen to rok, this is the most sound advice ever typed on a message board in the history of the internets.
Quote from: BallHog1 on December 03, 2010, 07:50:23 am
Rok, you are obviously the most intelligent poster in the the tavern.

Golfer

Give him a few years, this is year number four, and how many times have we been to the dance, 0, and if you remember last year we were like 12 or 13-1, and did we make the dance, nope, all we got was the Dick Vitale Cup Cake Schedule of the year award, and we still couldn't make the Big Dance. I don't hate Stan, I think he is a very well spoked man, but I believe he is in over his head. I mean lets look at our recruiting classes, all I hear is how great they are, but every year we fade away in the SEC. What makes anyone think this team will be any different, from the first 11 games we have all seen..

I am glad to know that he is a  "WELL SPOKED" man. 

HawgAdvocate

Quoteauthor=undertaker link=topic=41053.msg439202#msg439202 date=1135901812]
Would anybody agree with me that it is time for Stan The Coach Wanna Be to go. All I keep hearing about are these great recruits, but yet we never win, at some point we are going to have to quit blaming Nolan, and wake up and smell the coffee, and relaize that Stan is in over his head!

I'm sorry, I guess we haven't beaten Bill Self and Bobby Knight this year. I guess we didn't give Jim Calhoun all he could handle. Man, you need to realize that programs must be built over time, not in a year. We have gotten better year after year and the wins show it.

This years team will prove their worth come SEC time. Put up or shut up.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Pignominious

Is this one of those Nutt, Heath debates?  I won't deny our schedule was easy, I'll give you that, but come on man this is not 03-04, we are not loosing silly dumb games.  If you expected 11-0 you are expecting to much.  We lost to Uconn by 9, not a big issue, we just got beat by a better team.  Maryland we should have been more competitive down the stretch for sure.  Teams play bad against bad teams all the time, college bball just has a lot of parity in it this year.

undertaker

Rok, I am sorry if i seem upset, I like Stan Heath, but I love the Razorbacks, and as a Razorback fan I want the best for my team.  I think Stan Heath is not the best for us.  I feel he is in over his head.  Nothing personal.  But no matter what happens, if he is there for Ten more years, then I will still support the Hogs. 
P.S. I hope I am wrong about Stan Heath, I will say I am sorry to everyone on here.  I hope I get the chance to do so. 

WxHog

Quote from: undertaker on December 29, 2005, 06:30:28 pm
A Bobby Knight Team, is that our goal to beat a team that has no seniors, and is like 7-5. Boy our Fans have lost a lot of expectation. I remember the day not to long ago that if we didn't win 20 games and go to the sweet sixteen we were all dissappointed. Now we are happy we beat Missouri State by eight points at home, and A BOBBY KNIGHT TEAM! WOW!!!

I will agree with you that the expectations are not what they were in the early-mid 90s.   However, keep in mind Nolan didn't exactly set the world on fire his first few years either.   He had 12 wins in 85-86, no postseason bid.   I think 17 wins his second year, an NIT bid.   Arkansas didn't make the NCAA until his third season.   Stan had 9, 12, and 18 wins sequentially in his first 3 years in probably a tougher SEC vs. Nolans SWC schedule.   Now, I am not saying that Stan is going to have the success that Nolan had, but the point is improvement is being made each year.   They should finish somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-9 regular season schedule with a NCAA bid.   If they fall short of a NCAA bid again, then I will be upset.   But as long as improvement is being made, I think we have reason to support Stan. 

Foshodo

Is this you Batman?

TheSportsGuy

undertaker, u just don't know much do u pal.  we have won the close games this year that we would have probably lost last year.  we went through a lull about 6 games ago, but the last 2 1/2 games we have shown a togetherness and improvement that this team has not had since the golden days when nolan still recruited and coached.  it started the second half against rice.  these last three games we have won going away.  so SHUT YOUR STUPID TRAP AND BE A MUTE FAN,if you're a fan at all.

silvertip

Would anybody agree with me that it is time for Stan The Coach Wanna Be to go. All I keep hearing about are these great recruits, but yet we never win, at some point we are going to have to quit blaming Nolan, and wake up and smell the coffee, and relaize that Stan is in over his head!

Shut up & go to your room, Mrs. Richardson.

undertaker

BearClaw, Its just my opinion, but I don't think we are any better than we were last year, Or the Year Before.  I din't expect Stan to win his first year, but I expected him to compete his second year, and he didn't, and his third year, we didn't compete either, and I don't see any reason for us to compete this year,  Its just my opinion, that we have done anything better this year than we did the first three years under Heath

rok-dog

Quote from: undertaker on December 29, 2005, 06:49:00 pm
Rok, I am sorry if i seem upset, I like Stan Heath, but I love the Razorbacks, and as a Razorback fan I want the best for my team. I think Stan Heath is not the best for us. I feel he is in over his head. Nothing personal. But no matter what happens, if he is there for Ten more years, then I will still support the Hogs.
P.S. I hope I am wrong about Stan Heath, I will say I am sorry to everyone on here. I hope I get the chance to do so.

I think everyone here thinks that the Hogs (BB) can play better.  There have been times this season that we looked great,  and then times that seemed sub-par.  But we have been winning.  I think this group of kids is on the verge of realizing how good they are,  and if they do it will be a great rest of the season.
Quote from: TuckFexas on May 14, 2010, 01:29:05 pm
Listen to rok, this is the most sound advice ever typed on a message board in the history of the internets.
Quote from: BallHog1 on December 03, 2010, 07:50:23 am
Rok, you are obviously the most intelligent poster in the the tavern.

undertaker

WX Hog, do you see and improvement over last year.  Lets be honest, teams like Missouri St. and Rice, and some of the other cupcakes are put on our schedule for a reason, for us to beat them like a drum at home.  We are not doing that, we are just playing well enough to get by.  We almost lost to a team that hasn't won a game this year.  Go back and look at our games before Stan got here, for the most part we blew people away, we beat a good Missour team by 50 or 60 points at home.  We dominated those teams back then, because we were supposed to.  Now everytime I watch a game I am really nervous about it. 
I knew this Post would stir debate, but its easy to bring this up after the season.  I want to make sure u know that I am a Hugh Hog Fan, and want the Hogs to WIN everytime we play.  I support them and always will no matter who the Coach is. 

Foshodo

Quote from: undertaker on December 29, 2005, 06:52:12 pm
BearClaw, Its just my opinion, but I don't think we are any better than we were last year, Or the Year Before. I din't expect Stan to win his first year, but I expected him to compete his second year, and he didn't, and his third year, we didn't compete either, and I don't see any reason for us to compete this year, Its just my opinion, that we have done anything better this year than we did the first three years under Heath

well basically it seemed like the entire team his first season was made up of 3's and 4's who were mostly seniors... so he had to bring in majority guards with almost no time to prepare to even have a real starting 5...

second season he had to bring in all 3s, 4s and 5s to replace all the big men (not talent) he lost in his first season...

Last year he had a complete team they just blew... this year they have a complete team and are playing like a whole group thats been together for a bit...

good things,

notice them when theyre there...

undertaker

Rok Dog I hope your right!!!

undertaker

The Sports Guy which close games are you talking about.  Please tell me all of them.

silvertip

Quote from: undertaker on December 29, 2005, 06:22:12 pm
Why a dumb post, honestly do you see that much improvement on our team, Would you not agree our program has dropped drastically since he took over, when was the last time we were ranked in the top 25.

It's time to put up or shut up, genius. I have seen you repeatedly say there has been no improvement during Heath's tenure, but I haven't seen ONE stat to back that up.

In fact, I checked a lot of stats recently for the past 4 years. And I can say that practically every one of them shows steady improvement every year. You can find them at hogwired.com & NO, I'm not going to go get them for you.

Go do your homework & then bring us some stats to support your ignorant conclusions. You won't be able to find them & I seriously doubt you will even try. 

undertaker

Hawg advocate, would you please tell me what Kansas and Texas Tech are rated.  and if you didn't know and judging by your sign of drinking beer you didn't then you would realize that this is Heath Fourth Year, and our recored is worse this year than it was last year.  Put the Beer down man!

undertaker

Again, lets look at how we are playing this year, Barely winning a lot of home cupcake games.  An I've got one stat for you stat man.  Look at our recored from last year and look at it this year at the same time, its worse!!!

hogman64

Quote from: undertaker on December 29, 2005, 06:22:12 pm
Why a dumb post, honestly do you see that much improvement on our team, Would you not agree our program has dropped drastically since he took over, when was the last time we were ranked in the top 25.

No I would not agree, since our program totally sucked when he took it over......The  head guy quit  working about 3 years before he was officially out. IMO he has received pay  checks for about 6+ years now for nothing...Stan walked in to a nightmare, the program is much better now..............

undertaker

How are we better four years later.  Granted Richardson was a racist pig, but we didn't hire Stan to make our image better did we, and not win games. or did we hire him to win games, or was it for both.  Bottow line our program is not better off in the win loss column, under Stan Heath.  I wish we were but were not. 

silvertip

Quote from: undertaker on December 29, 2005, 07:10:24 pm
Again, lets look at how we are playing this year, Barely winning a lot of home cupcake games. An I've got one stat for you stat man. Look at our recored from last year and look at it this year at the same time, its worse!!!

No, actually it's a lot better this year.

W-L records at this point in the season don't mean much unless you compare SOS. If you don't know what "SOS' stands for then you need to hang around for a few months, talk less & listen more. Do you know what "google" is? You can find most of what you need there to educate yourself.

fred ziffel

Would anybody agree with me that it is time for Stan The Coach Wanna Be to go.

Answer: No! (geeesh)
"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

undertaker

SilverTip, all I can judge this year is how we have played so far.  Your Right, the real season starts in a couple of weeks, thats exactly my point.  what makes you think we are far more ready for the Sec this year than last year.  Is it because we beat a non ranked texas tech team, or a non ranked kansas team, or a is it because we barely got by the juggernaugts of Texas St. and Missouri St.  I am sorry i don't see anything better about this team than last years.  At least last year we blew out the people we were supposed to.  this year we have a real hard time in the first half.  I know you can overcome that against rice, missouri st, and texas st.  but you can't in the SEC.  We play like we have in those games in the first half then we will get blown out.  I hope it doesn't happen, but i am afraid its coming. 

tophawg19

undertaker i see a lot of what you see . texas tech tied the game up close to the half and that should never have happened , Mccurdies 3 broke the momuntum for us . let's wait till the end of the year and see if they are still playing hard that will be the true test . the SEC is weak so we should win the west if we don't i will be disappointed . but that isn't the 1st time that's happened and will not be the last . heath has a 2 year pass now because we kept nutt so it really doesn't matter how he does . just cheer loud and hope for the best.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

fred ziffel

Someone please put this string of posts out of it's misery....the "undertaker" will be better off, and besides he likes dead things
"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

undertaker

Top Hawg I hope your right, I am rooting for them.  You make a good point about the SEC being down this year, especially in the WEST.  Thank God.  I just hope we can get twenty wins.  I think if we do we get in the tournament.  If we don get twenty wins, then that tournament in Maui should get us in for the teams we played. 

Dances With Hogs

Undercrap, you need to take your crap to another board and not tie up our space.

hogman64

Quote from: undertaker on December 29, 2005, 07:34:54 pm
SilverTip, all I can judge this year is how we have played so far. Your Right, the real season starts in a couple of weeks, thats exactly my point. what makes you think we are far more ready for the Sec this year than last year. Is it because we beat a non ranked texas tech team, or a non ranked kansas team, or a is it because we barely got by the juggernaugts of Texas St. and Missouri St. I am sorry i don't see anything better about this team than last years. At least last year we blew out the people we were supposed to. this year we have a real hard time in the first half. I know you can overcome that against rice, missouri st, and texas st. but you can't in the SEC. We play like we have in those games in the first half then we will get blown out. I hope it doesn't happen, but i am afraid its coming.

Have you watched any of the games...Pretty much everything you have mentioned you could know by just reading the final score in the paper... The fact is that everyplayer on this team is playing as well and in  most every case  better than he did last year, we now have a star player that takes over at the end of close games, and the team as a whole finds  ways to win games not lose them, you should try watching a few games..........I admit we dont really know until conference season gets going, but there are sure  solid reasons to be optimistic at this point..............

undertaker

Hogman, my question is, why in the world should our best player be in the game against a team like texas st. or missouri st.  He should be over on the bench whooping it up with the rest of the starters, watching a scrubs finish up the game.  Not getting that crucial offensive rebound and put back with about 20 seconds to give us the lead.  It just shows how far our program has fallen off in the last six years.   

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: Dances With Hogs on December 29, 2005, 07:42:26 pm
Undercrap, you need to take your crap to another board and not tie up our space.

Undertaker, I don't agree with you...but you are welcome to post anytime on this board.  Some people, like this fellow, when they disagree resort to calling names, and telling you to "find another board".  To me that shows his intelligence.  There is nothing wrong with you sharing your feelings.  Now...I think you are wrong about Heath.  I believe that there are better things coming this year.  Everyone seems to be having close games, where you would think they would be blowing the teams out.  Much parity in College BB.  I believe that Heath is good for the University, and a great break from "WHINING WITH NOLAN."  I hope you stay on the board and continue to share your view points.  I still have to smite you though!! ;D

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: hogman64 on December 29, 2005, 07:48:23 pm
Quote from: undertaker on December 29, 2005, 07:34:54 pm
SilverTip, all I can judge this year is how we have played so far. Your Right, the real season starts in a couple of weeks, thats exactly my point. what makes you think we are far more ready for the Sec this year than last year. Is it because we beat a non ranked texas tech team, or a non ranked kansas team, or a is it because we barely got by the juggernaugts of Texas St. and Missouri St. I am sorry i don't see anything better about this team than last years. At least last year we blew out the people we were supposed to. this year we have a real hard time in the first half. I know you can overcome that against rice, missouri st, and texas st. but you can't in the SEC. We play like we have in those games in the first half then we will get blown out. I hope it doesn't happen, but i am afraid its coming.

Have you watched any of the games...Pretty much everything you have mentioned you could know by just reading the final score in the paper... The fact is that everyplayer on this team is playing as well and in most every case better than he did last year, we now have a star player that takes over at the end of close games, and the team as a whole finds ways to win games not lose them, you should try watching a few games..........I admit we dont really know until conference season gets going, but there are sure solid reasons to be optimistic at this point..............

Hogman, I know undertaker really well.  Trust me, he watches a lot of the games, and knows a lot about BB...he is just disillusioned by his "great dislike" for whatever reason of Heath!!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

We never win??
huh..

Right on WMHFan, something else we agree on!!!
Heath is the man, and the b-ball team looks great.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07