Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warden's/North Woods Law...Arkansas Version

Started by hogbud, December 06, 2015, 08:33:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogbud

I enjoy those shows and they make me wonder... which part of The Natural State could some episodes be filmed?

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

hogfanonthelake

Where ever Ballhog1 hunts. From his previous posts in this forum it sounds like he needs to be introduced to some game wardens.

ARoutdoorsman

There was one in the works about 3 to 4 years ago. The warden in my county was advised and told to be ready to have a crew with him. Forgot all about it till I seen this subject. I'll have to ask him whatever happen to it next time he is in my office.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DeltaBoy

I hear we got plenty of folks who hunt Deer and such year around to feed their family.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BallHog1

I've got a cousin who I won't name but his initials are H O G F A N O N T H E L A K E, who has had enough run ins with the wardens, all more than justifiable, that if the AR wardens were as hard nosed as those guys on Northwoods, he wouldn't own a gun, a truck, a home or any camouflaged clothes anymore. He'd be rotting under a jail in South Arkansas paying for his sins.

IronHog

Quote from: hogbud on December 06, 2015, 08:33:01 pm
I enjoy those shows and they make me wonder... which part of The Natural State could some episodes be filmed?

Public land duck hunting
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Sourpuss

Quote from: BallHog1 on December 09, 2015, 04:35:20 pm
I've got a cousin who I won't name but his initials are H O G F A N O N T H E L A K E, who has had enough run ins with the wardens, all more than justifiable, that if the AR wardens were as hard nosed as those guys on Northwoods, he wouldn't own a gun, a truck, a home or any camouflaged clothes anymore. He'd be rotting under a jail in South Arkansas paying for his sins.
Would you please forward me his name and address so I can get it to a Game and Fish buddy of mine?

Mike_e

Had an uncle ages ago who had just under a thousand acres of beans every year near Pine Bluff.  Had a guy that worked for him that loved to hunt ducks.

The old boy was standing out on a point of a bayou and just after sunrise a game warden came by and asked if he had a plug in his shotgun.

His reply was "no sir I ain't". 

So the game warden said, "Boy, come on over here cause I got to write you a ticket".

Now this fella was in his 60's even back then (there were still signs telling you just who could drink from the water fountains back then) but he told that game warden that no he wouldn't be coming over and if he wanted to write him a ticket he would have to come over there himself.

Well that old game warden cussed a bit and waded that bayou (about neck deep) in the freezing cold and when he got up to the old boy he was shooting a single shot.

60 some odd years later and the family is still laughing.  Thanks guy.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

hawgon

People might be a little softer these days, but I have to believe if the wardens tried to pull some of the same darn around here that they regularly do on some of these shows, there would be some missing wardens in rather short order.

Being a warden in Arkansas has never been for the badge heavy type of guy. 

theFlyingHog

Quote from: IronHog on December 09, 2015, 04:37:01 pm

Public land duck hunting
Bayou Meto was loaded with wardens today. 8 or 9 trucks between upper and lower

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Mike_e on November 14, 2018, 01:31:27 pm
Had an uncle ages ago who had just under a thousand acres of beans every year near Pine Bluff.  Had a guy that worked for him that loved to hunt ducks.

The old boy was standing out on a point of a bayou and just after sunrise a game warden came by and asked if he had a plug in his shotgun.

His reply was "no sir I ain't". 

So the game warden said, "Boy, come on over here cause I got to write you a ticket".

Now this fella was in his 60's even back then (there were still signs telling you just who could drink from the water fountains back then) but he told that game warden that no he wouldn't be coming over and if he wanted to write him a ticket he would have to come over there himself.

Well that old game warden cussed a bit and waded that bayou (about neck deep) in the freezing cold and when he got up to the old boy he was shooting a single shot.

60 some odd years later and the family is still laughing.  Thanks guy.

LOL that a great one.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

holeinthewall

Quote from: hawgon on November 14, 2018, 02:05:23 pm
People might be a little softer these days, but I have to believe if the wardens tried to pull some of the same darn around here that they regularly do on some of these shows, there would be some missing wardens in rather short order.

Being a warden in Arkansas has never been for the badge heavy type of guy.

You should go to Lake Norrell and see if that is true.

bondhue

Quote from: BallHog1 on December 09, 2015, 04:35:20 pm
I've got a cousin who I won't name but his initials are H O G F A N O N T H E L A K E, who has had enough run ins with the wardens, all more than justifiable, that if the AR wardens were as hard nosed as those guys on Northwoods, he wouldn't own a gun, a truck, a home or any camouflaged clothes anymore.
Then someone would have to write a country music song about him.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.