Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1911 10mm thoughts?

Started by TuffTusk, April 29, 2015, 04:24:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TuffTusk

Like a lot of you, I'm a 1911 fan in 45acp.  However, I've about got myself talked into the 10mm.  Colt Delta Elite, Kimber, Rock Island, STI, Dan Wesson, ect...I've tried to read a little about all of them.  I keep coming back to the Dan Wesson RZ-10.  Do any of you own one, or have experience with them?  Or do any of you guys have experience with the round in general?  On a side note, a good friend of mine reloads the 10mm, so I can cut my cost of ammo a little there.
Making the world a better place one frosty mug at a time

theFlyingHog

I didn't even know they still made the ten mike mike. Recoil is stout or some such bidness.

Albert Einswine

Colt Delta Elite in 10mm was wicked awesome. Not the hand cannon it's alleged to be.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

95_alum

The 10mm is a great semi-auto magnum. Warm up with a few magazines of 50 AE & the 10mm recoil will feel very manageable.  ;D
Does your good friend have powder on hand to reload for you?

TuffTusk

That's a good question.  He mentioned to me the other day he had the "stuff" to reload the 10.  He's got a nice stockpile of 10mm and .41mag.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Shot 50 rounds thru a friends 10mm, back about 15 years ago. Think it was FMJ, don't believe it was the hot stuff.  It was very manageable,  similar to a .45 acp from what I remember.  Shot the whole box in about a 15-20 minute period.  It shot very accurate.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Flying Razorback

A buddy of mine just bought a Delta Elite 10 MM and he loves it.  Obviously it won't be easy to find ammo but it's always worth it to have a piece like that in the collection.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

TuffTusk

Quote from: Flying Razorback on April 30, 2015, 10:20:07 pm
A buddy of mine just bought a Delta Elite 10 MM and he loves it.  Obviously it won't be easy to find ammo but it's always worth it to have a piece like that in the collection.

This is kind of where I'm at

DeltaBoy

They are solid guns and hit like Thor's Hammer.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

TuffTusk

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 01, 2015, 11:08:00 am
They are solid guns and hit like Thor's Hammer.

Nice Delta.  That power from a semi-auto is hard to resist

H&D

Very good gun, I shot one a few weeks ago.  I liked the feel, but the lack of available ammo would keep me away from it. That and the wife figuring out that I bought another gun. 
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

TuffTusk

Quote from: H&D on May 01, 2015, 01:35:09 pm
Very good gun, I shot one a few weeks ago.  I liked the feel, but the lack of available ammo would keep me away from it. That and the wife figuring out that I bought another gun.

Your wife knows about all your guns??  One of these days I'm gonna have some explaining to do!

H&D

Quote from: TuffTusk on May 01, 2015, 04:15:50 pm
Your wife knows about all your guns??  One of these days I'm gonna have some explaining to do!

Mistakes were made man, mistakes were made.........

She acted interested in shooting just to gain knowledge of what was in the safe. She's sly.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Flying Razorback

I heard that.  I'm lucky she doesn't know the first thing so she'd never notice.  A new Sig is the same as my old revolver for all she knows.

Rzbakfromwaybak

May 01, 2015, 08:02:09 pm #14 Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 09:00:09 pm by Rzbakfromwaybak
Quote from: Flying Razorback on May 01, 2015, 05:59:15 pm

I heard that.  I'm lucky she doesn't know the first thing so she'd never notice. A new Sig is the same as my old revolver for all she knows.

My Dad's old trick.  Whenever he got a new gun, he would bring it home without the new box, & have a tag on it that he would get from his gunsmith.  Mom would ask...."Did you buy another gun"?  "No honey, just had this one repaired"....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

supersaint

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on May 01, 2015, 08:02:09 pm
My Dad's old trick.  Whenever he got a new gun, he would bring it home without the new box, & have a repair tag on it that he would get from his gunsmith.  She would ask...."Did you buy another gun"?  "No honey, just had this one repaired"....
Nice.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on May 01, 2015, 08:02:09 pm
My Dad's old trick.  Whenever he got a new gun, he would bring it home without the new box, & have a tag on it that he would get from his gunsmith.  Mom would ask...."Did you buy another gun"?  "No honey, just had this one repaired"....

Smooth trick but Mom keeps the Books at our house and I would be in the dog house in short order.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Razorback7281

This is always a scary thought too.

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

TuffTusk

May 06, 2015, 02:58:37 pm #18 Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:33:05 am by TuffTusk
Quote from: Razorback7281 on May 06, 2015, 01:53:28 pm

Ha!  Or, her next husband will get his dirty little finger prints all over them!

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Razorback7281 on May 06, 2015, 01:53:28 pm

No joke!  I've created a list of the guns and their exact year model and model numbers.  I keep it in the gun safe but I don't want to pass and have my 1956 Belgian Browning Superposed given away as "some old shotgun".  I want it to be recognized for what it is and that it had been passed down through my grandfather.  I have a bunch of other guns that I've received through family or that are unique that I want to make sure are recognized as such.

DeltaBoy

Yep I got a detailed list in my safe for mine too.

TuffTusk

As an insurance man, I should remind those that don't know, your homeowner policies only have a limited amount of coverage for firearms.  If you want those puppies covered, you should call your agent and get them "scheduled" on the policy.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: TuffTusk on May 22, 2015, 03:43:52 pm
As an insurance man, I should remind those that don't know, your homeowner policies only have a limited amount of coverage for firearms.  If you want those puppies covered, you should call your agent and get them "scheduled" on the policy.

Mine told me she would pay up to 5,000 on our home policy on Firearms.

TuffTusk

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 26, 2015, 11:32:41 am
Mine told me she would pay up to 5,000 on our home policy on Firearms.
$2,500 is what I see most of the time.  $5,000 is very good.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: TuffTusk on May 26, 2015, 02:34:32 pm
$2,500 is what I see most of the time.  $5,000 is very good.

State Farm is really great we been with them for over 20 years.