Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daytona 500

Started by HoggyCat, February 24, 2013, 11:20:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Racinray

welcome to plate racing.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: Racinray on February 24, 2013, 02:31:17 pm
Is there anybody else racing besides the 7, that's the only one they talk about.

What race are you watching? Haven't heard Dave Blaney mentioned in the one I'm watching.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

berryhog

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on February 24, 2013, 02:46:44 pm

I hate the 4 month anticipation, the 2 week buildup, and then a wreck on lap 33 that appears completely random with no one going for position...

I agree.  This has become the norm at these things it seems.  The only thing that helps is that there is usually a really exciting last 10 laps.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: berryhog on February 24, 2013, 02:50:51 pm
I agree.  This has become the norm at these things it seems.  The only thing that helps is that there is usually a really exciting last 10 laps.

Harvick has had a really bad 2+ year stretch of plate races.  It's starting to get old.  I used to find them exciting, but that has long since passed on me.  Seeing an engine let go, a tire blow, or something like that at a normal track doesn't upset me as bad as these stupid accordion wrecks at plate races.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Flying Razorback

I think they should just make plate races 30 laps.  Or do some sort of an exhibition type thing with them.  Make them worth money or flip the field every 30 laps and have it worth zero points for the season. 

Carl Edwards was a great interview there, they've been in 5 wrecks in the past week.  That's a lot of money, time, effort, and waste for a team like that.

hogs24

Down go the toyotas lol
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

Flying Razorback

And Jeff Burton's 5 year bad luck streak continues...

10thPlanet

Martin's in 5th no mention.

Flying Razorback

But but but, did you know Danica is in 3rd?

Racinray

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on February 24, 2013, 03:14:40 pm
And Jeff Burton's 5 year bad luck streak continues...
I don't understand how he keeps a ride, what has he done in the last several years.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Racinray on February 24, 2013, 03:32:32 pm
I don't understand how he keeps a ride, what has he done in the last several years.

He's done nothing since 2008.

PonderinHog

I can't wait till JJ thanks all of his decals for holding his car together.

hogsgrl09

Words can't describe how much I despise Jimmie Johnson
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

Flying Razorback

That was a terrible finish.  What a bunch of 'female reproductive parts' on the track.  Everyone just happy to take a 10th place finish in a plate race. 

I guess that's what you get when all the competitors are out of the race.  Put Harvick, Tony, or Kyle Busch back on the track and see if they all just get in line and let Jimmie win uncontested.

10thPlanet

Pretty disappointed in the Gen6 or whatever. Hope the racing is better on other tracks. Please build more 1/2 miles, and then see how the media darlings do.

DeWayne R

Anyone notice he hit the grass to mess up the frontend to make sure its legal in tech.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

hogs24

Quote from: DeWayne R (Deewain32) on February 24, 2013, 03:51:24 pm
Anyone notice he hit the grass to mess up the frontend to make sure its legal in tech.
Haha i though the same thing

Racinray

Quote from: DeWayne R (Deewain32) on February 24, 2013, 03:51:24 pm
Not J.J. he wouldn't do something like that.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: Racinray on February 24, 2013, 03:54:33 pm
Not J.J. he wouldn't do something like that.

Knaus sure would...
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

grayhawg

Quote from: ArkieRebel on February 24, 2013, 04:06:17 pm
Knaus sure would...
Yep, NASCAR is kinda like the SEC. When it comes to cheating, if you ain't cheating you ain't competing.

Triple T

Even at 54, Mark is still showing he's more than capable of running up in the front.

Good for him.

Racinray

Quote from: ArkieRebel on February 24, 2013, 04:06:17 pm
Knaus sure would...
Yep, that's why I can't stand the whole team.

ImHogginIt

I love JJ. Hell I bet he's banging that scrawny bag of bones Danica on the side  :-*

10thPlanet

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on February 24, 2013, 05:14:43 pm
I like JJ...  but not as much as Regan Smith
Hey Regan had a nice finish!

RazorReddie

Travis Kvapil adds insult to injury by hitting the wall in the final lap.  I root for Travis because he is the 43rd best driver out there.  Tee, Hee...
"Life's tough, even tougher if you're stupid"

SC-RAZOR

Worst coverage ever. What a commercial fest. RAce was kind of a snoozer until the last lap too.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: SC-RAZOR on February 25, 2013, 08:48:28 am
Worst coverage ever. What a commercial fest. RAce was kind of a snoozer until the last lap too.

All races are commercial fests. I do like Mike Joy and Larry McReynolds over anyone else for the broadcasts though. I like Darrell Waltrip most of the time except when he gets excited and his voice goes up a few octaves making him sound like a 13 yr old boy

HogScoutMaster

it took me less than an HR to watch the race, GOD I love my DVR.

Nice to see Danica get her lap lead.  I was kind of surprised Jr didnt push her to the front then pass her in four, just seems to be the smart thing to do.
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

SC-RAZOR

Quote from: DewUar88 on February 25, 2013, 09:49:54 am
it took me less than an HR to watch the race, GOD I love my DVR.

Nice to see Danica get her lap lead.  I was kind of surprised Jr didnt push her to the front then pass her in four, just seems to be the smart thing to do.
Yeah, I was too. I should have DVR'ed. I probably won't be watching live again. That sucked.

Blue35

Did anyone notice that Danica was in this race? 8)

SC-RAZOR

Quote from: Blue35 on February 25, 2013, 01:04:13 pm
Did anyone notice that Danica was in this race? 8)
I saw her for a moment when Jr. came flying past her. But seriously, she did a good job. Inexperience got her at the end.

hoglady

Patrick was in a tough spot.
Lots of pressure to finish well.
You could tell from her conversations with her crew earlier in the race it was VERY IMPORTANT to her to finish in the top 10.
She probably played it a little too safe in the end. But overall she really drove a very good race.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

SC-RAZOR

Quote from: hoglady on February 25, 2013, 03:26:08 pm
Patrick was in a tough spot.
Lots of pressure to finish well.
You could tell from her conversations with her crew earlier in the race it was VERY IMPORTANT to her to finish in the top 10.
She probably played it a little too safe in the end. But overall she really drove a very good race.
Yep

grayhawg

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on February 25, 2013, 03:46:03 pm
I agree with all of that but progress makes it easier to take (losing).  Regan Smith seems to be hot again.
I am beginning to think you have a crush on Regan Smith.

10thPlanet

Is Danica racing the full season this year? How do you guys think she will do at Martinsville, Bristol, and Darlington?

SC-RAZOR

Quote from: dkwvike on February 25, 2013, 05:29:48 pm
Is Danica racing the full season this year? How do you guys think she will do at Martinsville, Bristol, and Darlington?
I was thinking about Bristol Sunday. That should be interesting.

hogs24

Quote from: SC-RAZOR on February 26, 2013, 09:30:17 am
I was thinking about Bristol Sunday. That should be interesting.
phoenix Sunday. Bristol in 2 weeks i think.

DeWayne R

Phoenix will be tougher then Bristol.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

RazrRila99

If it comes down to fuel mileage, watch out ;).  But seriously, she will be mid pack with a few top 10s this year.  If she can get out and ride around get a rhythm she will be ok.  The bump and grind, she wont make any friends and will be rooted out and passed by. 

SC-RAZOR

Quote from: hogs24 on February 26, 2013, 09:26:46 pm
phoenix Sunday. Bristol in 2 weeks i think.
Haha. Yeah, I forgot the comma.