Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hooker Hood Died

Started by HogScoutMaster, December 26, 2012, 01:52:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogScoutMaster

Hooker Hood died over the weekend.  Just thought I would post for those that got the opportunity to see him race.
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Racinray

Never seen him race, but what I've read about him, sounds like he was a well respected man on and off the track.

Doyle Hograves

Would he make Kyle Busch fap?
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

trippigs

Hate to hear this. I remember him from the times he visited the track in Pine Bluff.

Seminole Indian

Hate to hear that. He and my dad use to go at it on and off the track, all over the south when I was a kid.

I thought they  hated each other, so I did not really like him as a kid, but whenever my dad ended up in the hospital, which was quite often during his racing carrier , Hooker would be there, and would make sure he was taken care of until my dad could race again. Then they would go back to trying to kill each other.

One of my family members said they found an old trophy of Hookers on my dads grave a few weeks after he passed away, so I guess they must have been friends all along.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne