Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee Game Day Predictions

Started by Razorod, March 10, 2018, 07:53:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

Who do you got? Each win now is gravy.

Hogs 78
Vols  77
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Atkinshogfan

I had a dream last night that we killed the Vols then I woke up and realized we haven't even played them yet but if I could tell the Vols something I'd tell them not to show up today because the hogs are gonna run them out of saint Louis go hogs beat Vols!!!!

runninhog

No idea about the score, but I always say the Hogs will win. WPS

HardCore

I thought Florida matched up better on us than Tenner does.  Contain Williams, get on the rebounding boards, frustrate their guards and I think it's another AR-KY final.............as it should be.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

davril98

micali

Since we just got our bellies full of gaytr we will be a little sluggish but we win this one in a close game. 81-79

gmarv54

Mellon Collie

RazorSax

69-65 Hogs.

I don't think there will be a ton of points this time. Will be more of a defensive game.

TheRazorback500

We sink the Admiral. Hogs keep it going 73-68. WPS!
Do you wanna get Rocked?

#1 STUNNA

Hogs by 5... Jones has his best game of the season today

HawgHeadCheese

71-64 Arkansas. Gafford will have a big game

hoglady

Just hope we have our legs under us today!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

King Kong

72-64  Vols. 3rd day legs catch up to us

TNhawgfan

I said gators would win, so I'm too superstitious to change. Vols win
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Atlhogfan1

Depends on who is motivated to keep playing this weekend.  We look like we are.   Hogs 76-64. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

STLHogFan

Macon is due for a big game.  Barford continues his magic.  Hogs win by 5.  I'm excited to be in the stands today for this one. 
BEVO - It's what's for dinner.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: STLHogFan on March 10, 2018, 08:37:07 am
Macon is due for a big game.  Barford continues his magic.  Hogs win by 5.  I'm excited to be in the stands today for this one. 

I bet that is a great great time up there. We are playing as well as we have ALL year long. The last month has been fantastic.

Hard to pick against us right now.

bphi11ips

Tennessee feels about Arkansas the way Arkansas felt about Florida.  We seem to always knock them out.  The Vols are better defensively than Florida, get to the line more often, and make 75% of their free throws.  They also send their opponents to the line more often. 

Tennessee's two leading scorers are forwards.  The Vols are only a slightly better rebounding team than the Hogs, but they are strong on the offensive glass.  They had 11 offensive boards in Fayetteville to Arkansas's 6, while outrebounding the Hogs overall 41 to 34.  Dustin Thomas accounted for 7 of those.

Percentage wise,  Tennessee shoots the three as well as Florida.  They were 11 of 25 in Fayetteville.  Arkansas made 8 of 20. 

Tennessee's top three guards are sophomores.  Arkansas's are seniors with a height advantage.  Tennessee has no one in the post like Gafford.  Arkansas has a height advantage at the 4 position, where it gets things done by committee.  Their legs should be fresh. 

This matchup looks very similar to Florida.  Tennessee usually runs with the Hogs.  Barnes may want an ugly game, but he doesn't have the bigs for 40 minutes of halfcourt.  The Hogs seniors plus Gafford might be the difference in the end.  No reason Arkansas can't win this one.

Hogs 75 Vols 74
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Dr. Starcs

The crowd was great last night, make some noise today and enjoy it! I'm jealous.

porkinsons disease

This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Atlhogfan1

Coaches have to treat this differently in terms of minutes distribution and how aggressive they are defensively. Makes it different from a reg season matchup. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

John Futrall

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 10, 2018, 09:15:09 am
Coaches have to treat this differently in terms of minutes distribution and how aggressive they are defensively. Makes it different from a reg season matchup.
a lot of zone would be great today! And get fast and make a few 8-0 runs when it's needed
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

jgphillips3

My head says Tennessee 82, Arkansas 72 with us tiring near the end but we do play Tennessee well so who knows.  You can never count this team out though!  Go Hogs!

DoubleReedHawgCaller

It's time for Macon to go off. Hogs 87 Vols 76.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

FineAsSwine

I'm glad you are there! Way to represent. Loud and proud baby!
Hogs up! Covid down!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 10, 2018, 08:31:39 am
Depends on who is motivated to keep playing this weekend.  We look like we are.   Hogs 76-64.

Pretty sure Tenner is highly motivated as well. No advantage to either team there.
Hogs up! Covid down!

STLHogFan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 10, 2018, 09:40:56 am
I'm glad you are there! Way to represent. Loud and proud baby!

It's the least I could do since I live here.  ;)

My son and I are pumped!  We wanted to go to Fayetteville this season but just never made it down there.  Go Hogs!
BEVO - It's what's for dinner.

redleg

This will be another shootout, just like the game in Fayetteville. Combining the way the Vols are playing right now, the intensity of last night's game vs Florida and the physical and mental drain on the Hogs, I'm forced to pick Tennessee to win in a good game, 85-80. I certainly hope I'm wrong, and Arkansas pulls out another W.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

JONAS

I don't have a clue.  I just want us to be well rested for next week.  This tournament means nothing.  I want to at least go to the Sweet Sixteen this year.

Breems

I watched their game yesterday. MSU got destroyed on the offensive glass (we'll have the same issue) but still had a chance to win it with a wide-open 3-pointer.

We won't have the luxury of driving to the lane or dumping to Gafford like we did against FL, so we'll have to shoot well and often from the perimeter. They defend pretty darn well, but we're better offensively. We don't really have defensive matchup down low for Williams and their other big forwards, so fouls will probably be an issue. Would be nice to see some zone today.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

OldTimeHawg

I picked Tennessee in my bracketology...

But I think the Hogs are playing on fire right now and get another win to set up a chance at a 5 seed or better...

Hawgs 72
Tennessee 68
HOGS = LIFE

elksnort

Okay, we always want to win every game. This is the nature of sports. With this in mind, what goals do we have for this season?

From the beginning of this season and knowing all that we will lose as far as players are concerned, I was/am hoping for a sweet 16 trip and challenge in that game. I think this is doable.

On the other hand, an SEC conference championship is also right in front of us and there to be had.

So, what do we wish for?
Which one is more likely?

Will we have the energy for both goals?

thoughts?

davril98

I would think the ultimate goal of every team is to make as deep a run as possible in the nccat.  and have a shot at the final four

ADavisTheGOAT

We're exhausted after last night. Tennessee 85 Hogs 67
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

870hogg

The hogs squeak by Tenner 76 - 73 and get destroyed by Kentucky in the finals by 15+ because it's a championship game that would catapult the program.

Porkys Revenge

Better yet...    guess the halftime score, that will give you the winner!

Hogs 35 Vols 33

bphi11ips

Quote from: Breems on March 10, 2018, 10:10:05 am
I watched their game yesterday. MSU got destroyed on the offensive glass (we'll have the same issue) but still had a chance to win it with a wide-open 3-pointer.

We won't have the luxury of driving to the lane or dumping to Gafford like we did against FL, so we'll have to shoot well and often from the perimeter. They defend pretty darn well, but we're better offensively. We don't really have defensive matchup down low for Williams and their other big forwards, so fouls will probably be an issue. Would be nice to see some zone today.

Tennessee's bigs are 6'5" and they are really just two of them. Big bodies. Hogs should take it straight at them early.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

PonderinHog

Tennessee shares/passes the basketball well.  It will be a tough game.  Our scorers gotta score...

The real Hogules

If we play solid defense and control the boards, like we did last night, we'll win, but I expect the game to be called tighter by the officials.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

alohawg

Quote from: elksnort on March 10, 2018, 10:52:29 am
Okay, we always want to win every game. This is the nature of sports. With this in mind, what goals do we have for this season?

From the beginning of this season and knowing all that we will lose as far as players are concerned, I was/am hoping for a sweet 16 trip and challenge in that game. I think this is doable.

On the other hand, an SEC conference championship is also right in front of us and there to be had.

So, what do we wish for?
Which one is more likely?

Will we have the energy for both goals?

thoughts?

How does another huge expenditure of energy Sunday impact the teams chances in the big dance? The '94 team did ok, but they were much deeper in talent. For me, an SEC tourney title is much more attainable as a crowning achievement for this team than a natty, and the opportunity to etch their names in a special place in hog history that is rarely accomplished.  Go hogs, get that hardware!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Dirty

Who are the refs for today.  I see Hope it's not Pat Adams

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dirty on March 10, 2018, 12:16:33 pm
Who are the refs for today.  I see Hope it's not Pat Adams
Probably Preston Watts...

elksnort

Pudgepork

TNhawgfan

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on March 10, 2018, 11:12:44 am
We're exhausted after last night. Tennessee 85 Hogs 67
Looking smart so far
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Atlhogfan1