Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's the call when the Ref's called the play dead twice as we ran time?

Started by UAfanatic, October 15, 2016, 11:34:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UAfanatic

Twice Austin has the ball.. doesn't kneel, no one is close to tackling him.

And the Refs blow the play dead.. he's standing there with the ball in his hand
wanting to waste as much time as possible before he slides down (which he did on the third play)

Is there a rule that isf you just stand in the pocket that the play can stop?

hogginbama

Curles trying to save time for Ole Miss. Then AA takes a knee and gets popped, no call.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: hogginbama on October 15, 2016, 11:36:42 pm
Curles trying to save time for Ole Miss. Then AA takes a knee and gets popped, no call.

I guess Curles' crew didn't get that far in the rule book. The part saying if the quarterback is clearly giving himself up—sliding or taking a knee—he's not to be hit.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on October 15, 2016, 11:45:31 pm
I guess Curles' crew didn't get that far in the rule book. The part saying if the quarterback is clearly giving himself up—sliding or taking a knee—he's not to be hit.
He's a mesrable failure...he can't even cheat and come out ahead.  I love winning this game because he didnt want the hogs to win.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

jgphillips3

woopigsooie1222

The South Will Rise Again!