Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 things happened today to make me eat some crow

Started by S.A.D.C, October 15, 2016, 10:32:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

S.A.D.C

I was not happy last week.  I actually am still not happy with how we played last week.  But 2 things happened today:

1.  We won this game.  And, since last week my story was it wasn't just that we lost but how we lost- the same is true tonight.  It is not just that we won but how we won.  We imposed our will on the Oline.  Running game was legit.  Defense gave up yards but caused turn overs and brought the wood on some hits.  That is how we have to play to win and they proved they can do it against high level competition.  I shouldn't have been so down.

2.  Bama de-pants Tenn.  That was a complete and utter beat down.  Now, I think Tn is over-rated BUT still- the fact remains that Bama proved they are not just good- they are great.  Puts our loss in more perspective. 

So- Sorry Hogs.  Thanks for serving up the crow tonight- it was enjoyable. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The Hawg Marshal

JenksHawg

Quote from: S.A.D.C on October 15, 2016, 10:32:24 pm
I was not happy last week.  I actually am still not happy with how we played last week.  But 2 things happened today:

1.  We won this game.  And, since last week my story was it wasn't just that we lost but how we lost- the same is true tonight.  It is not just that we won but how we won.  We imposed our will on the Oline.  Running game was legit.  Defense gave up yards but caused turn overs and brought the wood on some hits.  That is how we have to play to win and they proved they can do it against high level competition.  I shouldn't have been so down.

2.  Bama de-pants Tenn.  That was a complete and utter beat down.  Now, I think Tn is over-rated BUT still- the fact remains that Bama proved they are not just good- they are great.  Puts our loss in more perspective. 

So- Sorry Hogs.  Thanks for serving up the crow tonight- it was enjoyable.

the first mistake is needing to wait until after this week to realize Bama is not "just good - but great".  They're historically great.  Biggest dynasty of probably what the past 50 years? It's not just us that can't beat them - nobody can beat them.  LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn, Florida, Tenner, Georgia - you name it, no one can beat them.

S.A.D.C

Quote from: JenksHawg on October 15, 2016, 11:09:51 pm
the first mistake is needing to wait until after this week to realize Bama is not "just good - but great".  They're historically great.  Biggest dynasty of probably what the past 50 years? It's not just us that can't beat them - nobody can beat them.  LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn, Florida, Tenner, Georgia - you name it, no one can beat them.

Oh- I was aware of the dynasty and the historically great run they are on. What I wasn't aware of was the fact that this version of Bama might be one of the best of their historically great teams in this decade.

Razor6

I ate crow every time our place kicker came on.... Way to go McFain... I am still choking here =) PROUD
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

spiritof92

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 15, 2016, 11:07:05 pm
Bama good.

Yep, only team in the country that can beat Bama this season is located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.