Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Froholdt!!

Started by TuskFexas, October 15, 2016, 10:02:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TuskFexas

We finally saw tonight what the coaches have been seeing in him!
He only had one whiff in pass protect that i saw, and was an absolute beast in run blocking tonight!!
The smoker I drink, the player I get!

SquidBilly

He's definitely coming around.  Saw a major difference in him from last week to this week.  His upside is crazy as long as he keeps working at it.

War Boar

I'll admit I was very critical of him last week.  I was hoping to see someone else get a chance there.  I guess that's why I'm in the Navy and not coaching on the sidelines.  He looked like a different player tonight.  I hope it finally clicked and he is dialed in the rest of the season. Woo Damn Pig!!! :razorback: :razorback:

hamstring

He definitely was a huge factor in the win tonight.

Smokehouse

Definitely much improved. He opened the hole on a couple of the big runs. Great game overall for the o-line; this was probably a much needed match-up for them.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

ballz2thewall

i agree. i watched him pretty close tonight. i saw the whiff, i think. it was a stunt in the first half. he was suckered. but overall he looked much better. made some great pulls.
The rest of the frog.

bpoecell

Quote from: Bret Squealema on October 15, 2016, 10:05:24 pm
He's definitely coming around.  Saw a major difference in him from last week to this week.  His upside is crazy as long as he keeps working at it.

That could have to do with the team we played last week.

TeufelHog

Agreed!  Fantastic effort tonight by the Viking!

SquidBilly

Quote from: bpoecell on October 15, 2016, 10:07:40 pm
That could have to do with the team we played last week.

Yep but I think it was a good film session for him to see.  He saw how he got beat but also was able to see it was his footwork and blocking the wrong man that got him more than being overpowered.

jcbville

I was going to say something about this in the game thread earlier. It was like the light came on all of a sudden. Proud for the kid! Go Hogs!

Gifftedone

I have to agree. His physicality is unmatched, maybe with the exception of Skipper. I have been very critical of him and his misses on pass blocks. Other than the 1 whiff, he looked much improved. Great game on his part

TuskFexas

Quote from: Gifftedone on October 15, 2016, 10:14:04 pm
I have to agree. His physicality is unmatched, maybe with the exception of Skipper. I have been very critical of him and his misses on pass blocks. Other than the 1 whiff, he looked much improved. Great game on his part
I'm sure he still has much to learn, but when he gets his mitts on someone they become a nonfactor.

hview

PossumFan

Definitely played better. Did anyone else notice on that TD play on the speed option, Froholt sort of tripped over his own feet and fell in the backfield without hitting anyone? Was sort of comical since we scored.

TuskFexas

Quote from: PossumFan on October 15, 2016, 10:22:16 pm
Definitely played better. Did anyone else notice on that TD play on the speed option, Froholt sort of tripped over his own feet and fell in the backfield without hitting anyone? Was sort of comical since we scored.

Didn't see that, I'm sure KA did though.. I did see several plays where he pulled and blew up a LB though

Razor6

I need some video to help me.  Im glad he is showing up!  Let's see some vids
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

TebowHater

Quote from: TuskFexas on October 15, 2016, 10:27:14 pm
Didn't see that, I'm sure KA did though.. I did see several plays where he pulled and blew up a LB though

yes...the announcers did too and actually replayed it. They were explaining that Hatcher was an option on the shovel pass but got taken out because he had to jump over Fro (although for some reason I thought it was Raulerson when I watched but fro would make sense schematically).

Danny J

I agree and also major kudos to Whaley in the pass protection dept. as well.

CopenHogen

He wiffed on multiple pass plays.  Did well in the run game However

Hoggish1

Quote from: TuskFexas on October 15, 2016, 10:02:14 pm
He only had one whiff in pass protect that i saw, and was an absolute beast in run blocking tonight!!

Yep!  The light is going on it that kid's head...

Hoggish1

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 15, 2016, 10:07:30 pm
i agree. i watched him pretty close tonight. i saw the whiff, i think. it was a stunt in the first half. he was suckered. but overall he looked much better. made some great pulls.

The line is putting it together and this was their best game by far.

What I'm thrilled about is they can pull and get up field.  Never saw that with Pittman.

Laughing Hog

I've been somewhat hard on him since the start of the season. I didn't specifically watch him tonight. Glad to hear from those that watched closer, that he did a lot better tonight. I will have to watch him tmw without the alcohol and the emotions.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

31to6

Quote from: TuskFexas on October 15, 2016, 10:02:14 pm
He had a good game. The whole OL had some very bright moments.

Of course, it helps to not be playing Alabama.

But Ole Miss' DL is good. (It's their back 7 that is shakey.)