Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Santos Ramirez is a beast!

Started by mike_the_geek, October 15, 2016, 10:00:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_the_geek

What a great effort by that young man tonight, huge plays at crucial times!  Those hits reminded me of Tony Bua. Woo pig!!!

rzrbackramsfan

He did miss a tackle that gave up a critical td early but man did he make up for it late.

passinghog

Needs to be more consistent. We recruited him to be the guy that comes downhill and deliver blows. He finally did it against Kelly.

Bacon_Bitz

He's lucky he knocked the ball out b/c he sure wasn't gonna tackle Kelly but man oh man what a way to seal a game!

b-ash

I owe him an apology, too.  I felt like the bogus Coley ejection would kill us bc Santos would make mistakes.  Sorry sir that final play was a beast mode hit!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on October 15, 2016, 10:19:40 pm
He's lucky he knocked the ball out b/c he sure wasn't gonna tackle Kelly but man oh man what a way to seal a game!

Really was no luck about that ball coming out

SquidBilly

Not only that but the big hit he made on their receiver to force an incompletion.  Kids got some Atwater in him.

okiehawg

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 15, 2016, 10:00:42 pm
He did miss a tackle that gave up a critical td early but man did he make up for it late.

Exactly. 

hogman99

Quote from: Bret Squealema on October 15, 2016, 10:21:35 pm
Not only that but the big hit he made on their receiver to force an incompletion.  Kids got some Atwater in him.

Slow down let's be careful with the Atwater compare.

SquidBilly

Quote from: hogman99 on October 15, 2016, 10:27:25 pm

Slow down let's be careful with the Atwater compare.

Didn't compare him to Atwater, just said his hitting from the safety spot is big time.

TeufelHog

Dude needs to learn to wrap-up his tackles though . . . let's be honest.

Razor6

I've heard about a kid Santos for a while... He SHOWED UP tonight! Love it!
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

DeltaBoy

He made a Great Hit at the RIGHT TIME.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NorCalRazorback

Quote from: Showtimehog on October 15, 2016, 10:15:09 pm
Needs to be more consistent. We recruited him to be the guy that comes downhill and deliver blows. He finally did it against Kelly.

Santos is the guy that can help set a new culture of hard hitting.  If we can get our Defense to think about "knocking dudes d**ks in the dirt" it will set in with new players and become the new normal.  Coley is the same - loves to hit hard.

Great game to Santos
"...and Decori Birmingham has caught it in the back of the end zone to tie it at 20 all with 9 seconds left..." 

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 15, 2016, 10:00:42 pm
he owed one for the early gaff but he gave back two-fold. Those were to nasty hits. Old school Arkansas free safety hits!!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

passinghog

Quote from: NorCalRazorback on October 15, 2016, 11:04:48 pm
Santos is the guy that can help set a new culture of hard hitting.  If we can get our Defense to think about "knocking dudes d**ks in the dirt" it will set in with new players and become the new normal.  Coley is the same - loves to hit hard.

Great game to Santos

Would like to see more of the tandem of Santos and Coley at SS and FS. I don't understand why Josh gets more PT @ FS. The way he consistently shies away from from contact is frustrating. Coley seems to be consistent in his ability to be in the right spot over the top in cover 2 @ FS, and Santos at least has the mindset to be physical enough to play in the box @ SS.

Tejano Jawg

Our D made plays tonight...quite a few actually. Including Santos' big game-clincher. Just awesome.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork