Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Recruiting Argument

Started by TebowHater, October 15, 2016, 08:14:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TebowHater

How can Wisco be back to being a top 10 team? Is it really easier to recruit there than to here?

Or is the BIG not as good as the SEC (despite having 3 top 10 teams) and our issues are just that we have lost to #1, #8, and in a battle with #12.

We can hate on CBB all we want. And we can see ways that games could have been won if we did this or did that. But the reality is, we are stable, and respectable. And at Arkansas (unless we get C. Peterson or B. Petrino who are simply incredible coaches and thus can win without top 10 recruiting) that is what we are going to have to be happy with and then enjoy the stretches where we have a couple of above average classes, perhaps because our in-state talent is up.

tl;dr the reality is, despite all of his glaringly obvious and frustrating weaknesses, being about as good as we are this year on a yearly basis is all we can hope for. There will be years where we do a little better in recruiting or have above average player development, and we can revel in those years. Hopefully those years create a positive feedback loop where more good players want to come here the following. But we really cant expect more than what we have now.

Arkansas Fan

I just think Arkansas is doomed no matter what we do.

King Kong

Schedule. This year they play about 5 hard games. We play 9

TebowHater

Quote from: King Kong on October 15, 2016, 08:29:22 pm

Definitely agree! How good we are, for the league we are in, is really nothing we can complain about.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: King Kong on October 15, 2016, 08:29:22 pm

I would say we play 6 or 7.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

root_hawg

All the farm raised boys up there used to the cold

King Kong

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 15, 2016, 09:20:19 pm
I would say we play 6 or 7.

I can see that. Mizz and Miss State are down this year