Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Robb Smith

Started by tkclark, October 15, 2016, 07:47:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tkclark

This guy is stealing his salary.  D is totally unprepared.  Did he even watch film?  Looks like they are surprised Ole Miss likes to run the hurry up.

Danny J

I agree...we act like Ole Miss is springing a hunh offense on us. There is no excuse anybody can make that justifies not being lined up on multiple plays. We are looking to the sideline on every defensive play which is not giving us time to get lined up. We need to keep sending more than 4.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

NorCalRazorback

AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN
"...and Decori Birmingham has caught it in the back of the end zone to tie it at 20 all with 9 seconds left..." 

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

tee1up2par

Getting beat by more talent is one thing, giving up chunk yardage because we can't get lined up is RS and ultimately CBB's fault. The big man needs to step up and say enough is enough or more will start to lose faith in him.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

hogginbama

Quote from: Danny J on October 15, 2016, 07:51:45 pm
I agree...we act like Ole Miss is springing a hunh offense on us. There is no excuse anybody can make that justifies not being lined up on multiple plays. We are looking to the sideline on every defensive play which is not giving us time to get lined up. We need to keep sending more than 4.

How true. Send only 4 Kelly has time to pick us apart. No harm in sending blitz packages. If they score quick it will keep our defense off the field a little more.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

bcdeputy

having someone 12 yards off their best receiver on 1st and goal?  Starting to think Coach Smith needs to go. 

Smith is the guy that two years ago Hogville said was one of the best DC's in college football.

SquidBilly

Quote from: Karma on October 15, 2016, 07:57:53 pm
Smith is the guy that two years ago Hogville said was one of the best DC's in college football.

Its becoming obvious that he was made to look much better by the talent we had on that team.

TheEnemy

Quote from: Karma on October 15, 2016, 07:57:53 pm

1)  Alot of that was because of Flowers, Philon, and Spaight.

2)  OCs figured Thomas' scheme out and how to attack it.  Now they are destroying it.

Quote from: Bret Squealema on October 15, 2016, 08:00:46 pm
Its becoming obvious that he was made to look much better by the talent we had on that team.
So Hogville was wrong on a coach evaluation?

Deeznutts

Idiots thought that two years ago because the last couple teans on our schedule couldn't score on Miley Cyrus so they thought he did a good job. This dude blows. And has he ever recruited anyone?

SquidBilly

Quote from: Karma on October 15, 2016, 08:03:04 pm
So Hogville was wrong on a coach evaluation?

Shocking revelation?  I could care less about Hogville's evaluation but am getting concerned that CBB hasn't seen the same thing.  We have Rhoads on staff, give him a shot.

Torqued pork

Quote from: Bret Squealema on October 15, 2016, 08:00:46 pm
Yep. No Spaight, no Philon, and no Flowers.

ballz2thewall

..............i just don't get it..........
The rest of the frog.

bcdeputy

Quote from: Bret Squealema on October 15, 2016, 08:12:34 pm
Shocking revelation?  I could care less about Hogville's evaluation but am getting concerned that CBB hasn't seen the same thing.  We have Rhoads on staff, give him a shot.

the guy that has turned our db's soft?  is your choice for def-coor? 

TebowHater

Quote from: bcdeputy on October 15, 2016, 08:25:54 pm
the guy that has turned our db's soft?  is your choice for def-coor?

This is the least soft our DBs have ever been? But Rhoads isn't allowed to set his scheme...he just coaches the guys within the one we run.

farmhawg

Quote from: Bret Squealema on October 15, 2016, 08:12:34 pm
You could? How much less?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Razorback_Mack

What a moronic thread. We hold Ole Miss to a season low in total offense and scoring and y'all idiots compalin?

Uberanubis

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on October 15, 2016, 09:53:53 pm
What a moronic thread. We hold Ole Miss to a season low in total offense and scoring and y'all idiots compalin?
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on October 15, 2016, 09:53:53 pm

^ x1000
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Kevin

He got aggressive with some blitzing and coverages. Great job tonight
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PORKULATOR

Quote from: tkclark on October 15, 2016, 07:47:15 pm
This guy is stealing his salary.  D is totally unprepared.  Did he even watch film?  Looks like they are surprised Ole Miss likes to run the hurry up.
he didn't this week
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

AirForceHog

Pass that money to me Robb.  Oh wait. Your defense did just fine.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

hogsrolling

Quote from: tkclark on October 15, 2016, 07:47:15 pm

You stole my time by posting this....  Hogs win and D played great in the 2nd half...

tc_mem

We hold them to a season low in points, better than Florida State (34) and Alabama (43) and you guys are b*******.  Wow reminds me of the type of fans we have, smdh

hawgdavis

And the they go pull some plays out of their arses wow

hehawg

Liked the few blitz looks it definitely was effective at the right times
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

East TN HAWG

Its amazing what happens when you blitz and hit the QB some.

SemperFi

The D did their job tonight. Wish they could have gotten aligned much faster, but Ole Piss was sprinting to the line and the Ref's were more than obliged to help them out.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

ballz2thewall

the OP is correct despite the win.

the defense could help in games like this, IN THE FIRST HALF.

but they don't.
The rest of the frog.

26.2Hog

Well, let's compare.

Ole Pee scored 13 more points against Alabama's world class defense than they did against our pitiful, unprepared defense.

20hog11

Quote from: 26.2Hog on October 15, 2016, 10:08:50 pm
Well, let's compare.

Ole Pee scored 13 more points against Alabama's world class defense than they did against our pitiful, unprepared defense.

Shhh facts aren't allowed in these type of threads.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 15, 2016, 10:03:23 pm
the OP is correct despite the win.

the defense could help in games like this, IN THE FIRST HALF.

but they don't.
It's very difficult to declare and check to a certain coverage and certain front in such a short amount of time. We did do much better than a top talent defense in Bama.

I suggest you go get your degree and go coach. You could make millions.

ATLHog

Quote from: 26.2Hog on October 15, 2016, 10:08:50 pm
Well, let's compare.

Well played, sir
(applause)
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

phadedhawg

Watching the way Ole Miss runs their offense is offensive to good football

We adjusted but it really had us reeling at first.  Punching them in their mouths straightened em up some

rljjr

Funny how coaches are so much better when they have better players ... Or ones who click. We won, fellers.

hview

This a dumb thread. The D made the plays when they were needed against a very good offense. We'll continue to improve.

TuskFexas

Considering we played the 2nd best QB in the SEC with outstanding receivers to throw I thought we did a smashing good job!
We gave up some plays, but also made some huge plays..  If ole miss had a SEC caliber run game they would be damn near unstoppable
The smoker I drink, the player I get!

searkhogfan

I miss the days we had Men as Hog Fans.   Cry Cry Cry.   Woo Pig Sooiee

daprospecta

Quote from: searkhogfan on October 15, 2016, 10:25:07 pm
I miss the days we had Men as Hog Fans.   Cry Cry Cry.   Woo Pig Sooiee
Are you serious?  Our defense looked piss poor in the first half and was a carryover from the last few weeks.  We stepped it up the second half and I give credit to Robb for making those adjustments but he still has a C- grade in my book for the year.  We did win and that is what is most important.

passinghog

We have the corners to play a lot more aggressive on defense. Linebackers can't cover, might as well blitz them. Saw a lot more of that in the 2nd half.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: daprospecta on October 15, 2016, 10:27:39 pm
Are you serious?  Our defense looked piss poor in the first half and was a carryover from the last few weeks.  We stepped it up the second half and I give credit to Robb for making those adjustments but he still has a C- grade in my book for the year.  We did win and that is what is most important.
Your book don't mean crap. Means absolutely nothing. We held them to season lows. That's what actually matters.

searkhogfan

Yep,  you sound like my wife.  Woo Pig

tophawg19

the offense gets a lot of credit for that . They kept them on the bench with long drives
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Letsroll1200

Defense still has to improve !! Good win

ballz2thewall

yes.

thrilled with the win. enos and his side of the ball looked good, all things considered.

the defense is still a mystery. allowing those two unchallenged drives in the first half is........puzzling at best.

i simply do not understand how, in the first half of games, we allow an offense to gain traction against us. it almost seems as though it is for sake of principle; to prove some weird point.

IF blitzing is considered risky, then what better time to do it than when we've got points on the other team?

i don't get it.

one of the reasons AA gets sacked so much is because the other team blitzes. we seem to not like that when we're on offense. one would think we'd return the favor.
The rest of the frog.