Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tackling

Started by razorsharptusk, October 15, 2016, 06:36:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorsharptusk

How much of our tackling problems is due to not bringing folks to the ground in practice?
GO HOGS!!

Dr. Starcs

tophawg19

none at this point. our problem is a willingness to hit people and wrap up.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tophawg19

also we wait on them to come to us so they have the momentum . Lidell is ducking his head and not looking up

Knot2brite

Alignment assignment and wrapping up...that is our problem
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

tophawg19

i'm starting to think a few are scared to hit the way they are playing lately

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Carl Lazlo

Yea they either don't practice tackling or they are just pussified.  Wrap up.

razorsharptusk

Haft him stopped, couldn't tackle him to ground on last touchdown. Serious problem.  In the right place just can't tackle.
GO HOGS!!

Carl Lazlo

And same player. Same result.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Everyone on this defensive staff needs their ass fired.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

BroyledNutts

I'm completely astounded that fundamentals of tackling and alignment have to be taught to D1 players.

razorsharptusk

If this keeps up, we will lose this game in the 4th. Ole Miss will make adjustments, hope we do.  Tempo killing us.  We big but we slow.
GO HOGS!!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: BroyledNutts on October 15, 2016, 07:51:59 pm
I'm completely astounded that fundamentals of tackling and alignment have to be taught to D1 players.

I just wish they were.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

bcdeputy

defensive backs look scared to tackle.  Pathetic effort, perhaps Rhodes wasn't such a grand hire after all?

alohawg

They don't want to break a nail? They're soft as a baby's butt?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hoggish1

Quote from: razorsharptusk on October 15, 2016, 06:36:13 pm
How much of our tackling problems is due to not bringing folks to the ground in practice?

Well, we improved big time tonight, didn't we?

Uberanubis

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Pancetta

We need to teach them to tackle the hips instead of the chest. Hitting high leads to missed tackles and targeting calls. But it's a long process to change it because most peewee, jr high, hs school coaches teach you to drive the head through the ball carriers chest.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta