Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who are the 2 teams we beat to become bowl eligible in your opinion.

Started by Ben, October 10, 2016, 02:15:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

My opinion, i think the 2 teams i feel the most arkansas will beat is Mississppi State and Mizzouri. Ole Miss and LSU are 50/50. Florida is 30/70. Auburn has a decent defense and seems to be picking up momentum on offense.
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

ADavisTheGOAT

Mississippi State and Missouri. LSU and Florida are toss ups at this point.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

onebadrubi

Quote from: Ben on October 10, 2016, 02:15:14 pm
My opinion, i think the 2 teams i feel the most arkansas will beat is Mississppi State and Mizzouri. Ole Miss and LSU are 50/50. Florida is 30/70. Auburn has a decent defense and seems to be picking up momentum on offense.

What makes you think auburn's Off is picking up momentum?  Ms st isn't good.

I say we go undefeated after the bye week. 1-1 or 2-0 before. 

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Danny J

I think we can win out...it's possible and I could see us losing 2 maybe 3 more. I think the toughest games going forward in this order are Ole miss, Auburn, UF, MSU, LSU then Mizzou.

HF#1

I think we can win the rest of our games. Does that mean we will? Probably not. But we have the two toughest games behind us.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

gchamblee

Quote from: factchecker on October 10, 2016, 02:19:51 pm
http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=316&s=286577

Is there a way to see what that site had for us before the games we already played? Im curious about how accurate it is, although I have seen many references to his algorithm.

Snoop Hoggy Hogg

Wins- MS St, Fla, Mizzou.      Too close to call: LSU, Aub.        Fingers crossed: Ole Miss

SpeedyHog

Call Me Trumpton.

ATLHog

Dominicanhog

NaturalStateReb

Arkansas is better than State and Mizzou, and should be a small favorite in both games.

Ole Miss has better personnel than Arkansas, but that didn't necessarily mean anything in the last two games.

LSU, Auburn, and Florida, who knows?  LSU skulling a hapless Missouri team didn't mean much to me, Auburn seems like it's improving but could be subject to a bubble burst, and Florida has a defense and no QB.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

HogimusMaximus

popcornhog

State and Mizzou.

I feel like AU and UF are toss ups -- we should be slightly favored.

I'd take Ole Miss to win.

I don't feel comfortable predicting the LSU game yet. Wanna see how/if they continue to progress under Coach O.

To answer your question, I'd predict six to nine wins at this point. Most likely 7 or 8.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: Danny J on October 10, 2016, 02:20:47 pm
I think we can win out...it's possible and I could see us losing 2 maybe 3 more. I think the toughest games going forward in this order are Ole miss, Auburn, UF, MSU, LSU then Mizzou.

I don't think winning out is completely out of the question, but I do not expect to beat Ole Miss. The rest of the games, who knows?
WPS

PorkSoda

Quote from: HF#1 on October 10, 2016, 02:22:36 pm
I think we can win the rest of our games. 
after ole miss.  they are on the same level as bama and TAMU as the likely top 3 in the West and top 3 in the SEC. 

the rest of the games are all winnable.  if we finish 5-3, that will be a solid accomplishment.  even 4-4 is a decent year in my book.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Danny J

Quote from: popcornhog on October 10, 2016, 04:08:20 pm
I don't think winning out is completely out of the question, but I do not expect to beat Ole Miss. The rest of the games, who knows?
Yeah...their mobile QB who ran on us last year plus their big physical WR's are going to likely do the same. Hopefully our O line plays decent and we don't turn the ball over.

Ragnar Hogbrok

If we can solve whatever the major malfunction the defense started suffering from in the second half of the aTm game, we can win every game we have left.

I know, big "if."  If we just improve the defense 50% better than the Alabama game, we could win every game.  Our offense plays well enough to win each game, minus the bad kind of holes opened by our O line.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

thebignasty

Quote from: The Chief on October 10, 2016, 04:26:43 pm
If we can solve whatever the major malfunction the defense started suffering from in the second half of the aTm game, we can win every game we have left.

I know, big "if."  If we just improve the defense 50% better than the Alabama game, we could win every game.  Our offense plays well enough to win each game, minus the bad kind of holes opened by our O line.

I think we go 8-4, but I do think 10-2 is possible. Going to have to be able to stop a running play.

mutt

we are about where everyone picked us to be. I think we will get three more

Locutus_of_Boar

Florida will be coming off a division race ending loss to UGa in Jacksonville on the road facing an Arkansas team coming off a bye.

LSU will be coming off a physical pounding by Bama.

MSU will be coming off losses to A&M and Bama and I suspect Mullin might be looking for an exit.

Mizzou will be playing out the string with no bowl.

There's an excellent chance Arkansas sweeps the last four.

The season come down to what happens in the next two weeks between an acceptable 8-4 season and a good 10-2 season.

factchecker

Quote from: gchamblee on October 10, 2016, 02:43:10 pm
Is there a way to see what that site had for us before the games we already played? Im curious about how accurate it is, although I have seen many references to his algorithm.

I was curious of the same thing.  I haven't seen a way to go back and compare his predictions yet. 
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hogs-n-Roses

20hog11

Missouri and miss st are the two easiest games. No clue what LSU team will show up the rest of year. Auburn and Florida are both winnable. Ole miss appears to be the toughest game left on our schedule.

PORKULATOR

Games we win.
Ole Miss
Mistake
Awe Darn
LS who???
Swamp Donkey's Gators
Misery.

Games we lose.

N/a
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

IMABIELEMA

LoL at the dumbasses ITT that haven't watched other SEC games.  LoL at the idiot who thinks we'll be favored over Auburn @ Auburn.  Auburn has the 2nd best defense statistically behind Bama and their offense is Top 5 statistically.  The next two weeks will be VERY tough against two very good teams.

HOGGISHABOUTAR

Hey y`all all need to try out midtown this year instead of Beale St when you head to the Liberty Bowl

hoglady

Missouri and Ms. State / maybe Florida depending on the status of their injured defensive players.
QB Del Rio is expected back this week, I believe.
Losses - Ole Miss, Auburn, LSU
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: IMABIELEMA on October 10, 2016, 10:52:11 pm
LoL at the dumbasses ITT that haven't watched other SEC games.  LoL at the idiot who thinks we'll be favored over Auburn @ Auburn.  Auburn has the 2nd best defense statistically behind Bama and their offense is Top 5 statistically.  The next two weeks will be VERY tough against two very good teams.

LOL at the dumbass that hasn't noticed Auburn doesn't have a passing game and may not rest of the season.
Don't be scared, be smart.

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 10, 2016, 04:11:47 pm
after ole miss.  they are on the same level as bama and TAMU as the likely top 3 in the West and top 3 in the SEC. 

the rest of the games are all winnable.  if we finish 5-3, that will be a solid accomplishment.  even 4-4 is a decent year in my book.

Disagree that OM is on the same level. I wouldn't bet money that we beat them, but I wouldn't bet the farm we lose either.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

JaketheSnake

As fans, we seem to have that confidence over Ole Miss that Texas A&M's fans have over us.  However, I don't believe we have the parts to keep that streak going.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: longpig on October 10, 2016, 11:33:05 pm
LOL at the dumbass that hasn't noticed Auburn doesn't have a passing game and may not rest of the season.

I think White has a pretty good arm.. if his receivers catch the ball, he can be a good QB... they've gone away form Gus's misdirection on every play and changing QB's every other play... Lashlee is a better play caller has them playing better in the passing game.. I'm not real happy with the progress I've seen from them in the last couple weeks...

MJ2

Hoggish1

The next two teams we play.

DiamondHogFan

Who had us at better than 4-2 at this point in the season?

I actually expected TCU to be better than A&M, but that isn't the case and it makes our conference record look pretty bad at this point.  We are good enough to win out, but we could also lose the rest of them.  That's why the whole season is played.

I think we win 4 of the last 6 to finish at 8-4 (4-4).  In order of mostly likely to least likely I would predict Mizzou, Miss St, LSU/Auburn/Florida, Ole Miss.

italian9005

you all predicting to win out are going to have a rude awakening. unless the oline has a drastic change we are going to have a long season ahead

JaketheSnake

Quote from: italian9005 on October 11, 2016, 04:28:45 pm
you all predicting to win out are going to have a rude awakening. unless the oline has a drastic change we are going to have a long season ahead
And you all predicting we lose out are having a huge-idiotic kneejerk vag-bleed.

PorkSoda

auburn and florida will be the two wins that make us bowl eligible, then we will win out from there.

since TAMU, I've predicted we start 0-3 and finish 5-3

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ShadowHawg

Mizzou and Miss St. should done deals. Anything beyond that is not even 50/50 until the defense and Oline are no longer issues.

hogatheart

Just depends on what games we keep AA upright. In THAT scenario we win all 6. If not, not to sure I bet on any but Miss State and Missery.

hogcard1964

Auburn and then Florida.

I just don't see us getting a win this week.  I know we're capable but I'm confident we have our 6th win on November 5 against Florida.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.