Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon Allen now owns Arkansas' career passing TD record

Started by OPoraquê, November 21, 2015, 08:45:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OPoraquê

November 21, 2015, 08:45:50 pm Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 09:31:49 pm by OPoraquê
63 career passing TDs with 2 games and 5 minutes to go.  Just broke his own Arkansas single-game passing TD record, too...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas_Razorbacks_football_statistical_leaders

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: OPoraquê on November 21, 2015, 08:45:50 pm
62 career passing TDs with 2 games and 2 quarters to go.  Just tied his own Arkansas single-game passing record, too...

I told everyone he would be in the NFL but I am amazed at his in season progression.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig In The City

OPoraquê

Quote from: Pig In The City on November 21, 2015, 09:08:26 pm
Mallett did that in two seasons. No comparison!

True, but BA is also within 4 TDs of tying RM's season passing TD record, and the latter never had 1 6 TD game let alone 2.  Just happy to see Allen doing so well given all he's been through.  GOT to win this game, though...

(EDIT: he's all alone in first place now and has Arkansas' first 7 passing TD game...good for the young man!)

King

Make it 7. And those bozo announcers did not even notice the record that was set on their watch.

OPoraquê

QuoteThe Fayetteville, Ark., native becomes just the second SEC quarterback since 1997 to throw six or more touchdowns on two separate occasions in a given season. Tim Couch also did it when he played for Kentucky 18 years ago.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-qb-brandon-allen-ties-school-record-for-career-touchdown-passes

Arkansas' Brandon Allen becomes first QB this season to throw for 400 Yds & 7 TD.

http://www.todaysu.com/u-news/arkansas-qb-brandon-allen-is-1st-qb-to-400-yards-7-tds-this-season/

presidenthog

Quote from: OPoraquê on November 21, 2015, 08:45:50 pm
63 career passing TDs with 2 games and 5 minutes to go.  Just broke his own Arkansas single-game passing TD record, too...

I am absolutely sick for brandon allen. he deserved a win tonight. bret should have never taken the ball out of his hands. I don't understand if you're going to play for the kill on that 4th down play why not play for the kill at the end of the game?

OPoraquê

Quote from: presidenthog on November 21, 2015, 10:50:20 pm
I am absolutely sick for brandon allen. he deserved a win tonight. bret should have never taken the ball out of his hands. I don't understand if you're going to play for the kill on that 4th down play why not play for the kill at the end of the game?

...and a caught 2 point conversion to frigging' boot.

presidenthog

Quote from: OPoraquê on November 21, 2015, 10:53:46 pm
...and a caught 2 point conversion to frigging' boot.
He's the best quarterback in the country and I wouldn't trade him for anybody

OPoraquê

presidenthog

Quote from: OPoraquê on November 21, 2015, 11:36:24 pm
It's official: Allen tied an SEC single-game record tonight with 7 TD passes.

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2015/11/21/9777210/mississippi-st-bulldogs-vs-arkansas-razorbacks-final-score-stats
We should have went for a touchdown at the end of the game and he should own the record out right

BR

And his records mean what???   Have we played in an SEC Championship Game?  A Texas Bowl, this year some Bubba's Toilet Bowl.
Quote from: presidenthog on November 21, 2015, 11:03:36 pm
He's the best quarterback in the country and I wouldn't trade him for anybody
I want whatever you are snorting...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Hog Pharm

Quote from: BR on November 21, 2015, 11:42:02 pm
And his records mean what???   Have we played in an SEC Championship Game?  A Texas Bowl, this year some Bubba's Toilet Bowl. I want whatever you are snorting...

They mean quite a bit. Last time I checked he can't play defense too.

OPoraquê

Quote from: BR on November 21, 2015, 11:42:02 pm
And his records mean what???   Have we played in an SEC Championship Game?  A Texas Bowl, this year some Bubba's Toilet Bowl. I want whatever you are snorting...

I think his records are a "mile marker" of sorts.  Allen played high school football in a transitional time for Arkansas when the NWA metro area was exploding in population and the competition was starting to get intense among certain high schools.  (Who would ever have thought that Bentonville High would have the top high school program in the nation and become the first public school/multi-time/back-to-back winner of such an award?  Right now Arkansas has two top-80 high school football teams and the 7A West is ranked as one of the very best high school football conferences in the country alongside ones from NYC's New Jersey suburbs, Los Angeles, Cincinnati, Indianapolis.)

There were two big stings in NWA this week (the other being Malik Monk) but JMO the QB who breaks Allen's records may lead U of A to some very special heights, wherever he comes from.

presidenthog

Quote from: Hog Pharm on November 21, 2015, 11:49:46 pm
They mean quite a bit. Last time I checked he can't play defense too.
To me it all goes back to recruiting and it shows wide receivers that we are willing to throw the football and they will score touchdowns here.

Dugann

super game for ba and all the offense.  not on them at all imo.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

ShadowTheHedgehog

Hog Pharm

Quote from: presidenthog on November 21, 2015, 11:53:54 pm
To me it all goes back to recruiting and it shows wide receivers that we are willing to throw the football and they will score touchdowns here.

Amen. It puts to bed the notion that CBB is just 3 yards and a cloud of dust.