Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Football Recruiting: Heath Batchelor? (USC lean)

Started by jrw11475, January 24, 2006, 07:38:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jrw11475

Rivals says that Heath Batchelor, offensive tackle from Alabama who visited our campus this past weekend has made a decision between us and south Carolina.  I do not have a subscription.  Does anyone know if he is a Razorback?

brooks74

I don't know either, but if he committed here, I think we would have heard by now

sickboy1138

hogbalz

Said he enjoyed the visit but needed to sleep on it ?
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

Shocktheman

January 24, 2006, 08:08:29 pm #4 Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 08:20:13 pm by ET Hog Fan
This kid would be a great pickup. . . at 6-7 and 280 he is a monster!!  Apparently has decent agility for his size.  Hopefully he will become a HOG instead of a gamecock!!

hogbalz

We did not get him. I hate it but we lost this one.
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

jrw11475

I was hoping to steal that guy.  He would have been a big pickup.

forrest city joe

Oklahawg

I'd rather go back and offer Kit Coleman (at C), Rudy Harrell (at DT), or Drew Hilton (at OG) than get Bachelor.

I also think HDN is overextending himself on skill players and needs to save a slot for the possibilities.

While we all want a full class of contributors we also need to remember that as many as 8 players on the team now must lose their ride to fit anyone else on board. That hurts with the new NCAA thingy on attrition and keeping players on your campus and eligible.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hogfan064

I hate to say it, but Phil Kornblut who's the biggest name in recruiting in SC has spoked to Batchelor and he's a Gamecock all the way.  Kornblut is rarely ever wrong on these things and only reports facts and not rumors.  He's been doing recruiting reports for 25 years now.  If he says Batchelor is a Gamecok I believe him.

Biggus Piggus

So why can't we sign any offensive linemen?  Guess the crush will be on next recruiting season.
[CENSORED]!

JackJohnson

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 25, 2006, 08:40:59 am
So why can't we sign any offensive linemen?  Guess the crush will be on next recruiting season.

Yep, next year we will sign 6 or 7 OL, 2 or 3 RB's, 1 WR and No QB's.

Why we don't sign a balanced class every year is beyond me. 

1 QB
1 RB
3 WR (or 2 WR and 1 TE)
5 OL
4 DL
3 LB
2 CB
2 S
4 of best player available, or K/P

pfrg999

1 QB
1 RB
4 WR
2 OL
1 TE
2 DL
2 DE
2 S/CB

Is what we have now ...Not too bad .... need more OL... and DL and CB and....and ....
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

brooks74

Quote from: pfrg999 on January 25, 2006, 09:14:23 am
1 QB
1 RB
4 WR
2 OL
1 TE
2 DL
2 DE
2 S/CB

Is what we have now ...Not too bad .... need more OL... and DL and CB and....and ....

Just curious, what RB have we got a commitment from?

hog caller

we got the Dallas CXarter  tackle commit today 6'6 280 4.5 not to shabby i don't think. one more like thqat will be plenty

with his agility he feels he can play guard because of his ability to pull.

WPS

RAZORBART

after our lose to Michigan in HDN's first bowl game he said that we needed to get to the point where we could just say next in the offensive line like Michigan does. Here we are 8 or so years later and we are still working on it (not). We recruit athletes and then move them around to every postion on the field. Desmond Sims for one has played about every postition on defense except nose tackle.Why ?

GorillaJMonsoon

So why can't we sign any offensive linemen?
Nutt needs that as his excuse for next year.

gibby

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 25, 2006, 09:00:22 am

Yep, next year we will sign 6 or 7 OL, 2 or 3 RB's, 1 WR and No QB's.

Why we don't sign a balanced class every year is beyond me.

1 QB
1 RB
3 WR (or 2 WR and 1 TE)
5 OL
4 DL
3 LB
2 CB
2 S
4 of best player available, or K/P

I am by no means a HDN defender, but you sign the guys you can sign, based on need and availability.  In a perfect world, every recruiting class would be balanced.  But nowhere in the world is any given group of graduating seniors populated evenly in talent.  For example, if you can take the #10 RB or the #57 OT, which would you take?  You might need an OL as much as RB, but you take the best player available at the time based on the pool of available/interested players and the players already on your roster.

pbjones81

Quote from: hog caller on January 25, 2006, 11:33:55 am
we got the Dallas CXarter tackle commit today 6'6 280 4.5 not to shabby i don't think. one more like thqat will be plenty

with his agility he feels he can play guard because of his ability to pull.

Are you talking about Demarcus Love?  Because rivals has him as 6'5"  260  5.3  And that he committed Tuesday night.  Did we get another tackle commit today (Wednesday)??

hog caller

no, i was incorrect on love's status 65 290 4.5 isnt bad for a guy who wants to play guard. sorry for giving the wrong impression

JackJohnson

January 25, 2006, 02:26:11 pm #21 Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 03:23:21 pm by JackJohnson
Quote from: hog caller on January 25, 2006, 02:06:27 pm
no, i was incorrect on love's status 65 290 4.5 isnt bad for a guy who wants to play guard. sorry for giving the wrong impression

not to nitpick, but love went to a scouting combine in Waco this summer and his results were as follows

6-3.5 281 5.47 FORTY 4.89 SHUTTLE (this is where the 4.9 FORTY that most are getting confused about) 28.5 verticle 8.59 3 cone 8-0 broad jump.

Nevertheless, he is an outstanding prospect, and one of the better OL recruits we have signed in a few years.

A shame our OL class could have been outstanding with him at guard, and webb and hart our TRUE bookend pass blocking tackles of the future...

i have a feeling HDN and company are underestimating how important it is to get true pass blockers across the line, esp with our hack of an OL coach.  I am afraid our success on O will be a lot like Nebraska the last couple of years with Callahan and the west coast.  Don't matter how good of run blockers those guys are, pass blocking requires technique our OL coach doesn't know how to teach and athletic ability our current OL don't have...

excoach

what ever happend to the LB fromTulsa Union? I can't remeber his name.

HogPsych

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: RAZORBART on January 25, 2006, 11:46:00 am
after our lose to Michigan in HDN's first bowl game he said that we needed to get to the point where we could just say next in the offensive line like Michigan does. Here we are 8 or so years later and we are still working on it (not). We recruit athletes and then move them around to every postion on the field. Desmond Sims for one has played about every postition on defense except nose tackle.Why ?

Duh, cuz he's special...
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.