Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 29, 2024, 07:35:21 am

Hmm

Started by PoormansRobbyHampton, February 01, 2011, 06:43:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PoormansRobbyHampton

HF#1

Looks like we put Vandy on the bubble instead of us being on the bubble.  We haven't done enough yet.  We need to win tomorrow night and finish the year strong.  Otherwise it's NIT.  At least the Vandy win gives a little hope.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Lando Calrissian

Per that blurb, the Hogs' win over Vandy was just one of those things, aka a fluke.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

HoopS

Per ESPN, Dale is the Right Reverend and we were ca razy to run him oft. 

jry04

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on February 01, 2011, 06:55:50 pm
Per that blurb, the Hogs' win over Vandy was just one of those things, aka a fluke.
No, it means we still haven't done enough. Beat UGA and Ole Miss and we will be on that page, and you will be on here making more excuses about why we won't win anymore.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on February 01, 2011, 06:55:50 pm

ESPN just hates the Hogs.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: HoopS on February 01, 2011, 07:01:21 pm
Per ESPN, Dale is the Right Reverend and we were ca razy to run him oft.

I think some of those sentiments have cooled a little bit since Hooter left and this season. I'm not sure who doesn't think we upgraded our head coach with Bobby.

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on February 01, 2011, 06:43:23 pm
Maybe ESPN didn't hear about the Vandy win yet?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bubblewatch

hmm...haven't seen anyone say we are on the bubble, just that the Vandy win would enable us to get there if we continue winning. Beat UGA and that is 3 top 50 wins. If you had ever followed the selection process, you would have heard top 50 wins mentioned as much as any metric. Still lots of work to do, such as getting back to back quality wins, but the chance is there if the Hogs decide they want it. You don't have to get worried about anything yet, because we have work to do if we want in the discussion.

HoopS

Sure, the sentiments have died down NOW.  But they did exist and were wrong then.  Just because natl media says it, doesn't make it right.   Just pointing out how some believe them when they want to and other times they call BS.  Depends on your agenda.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: HoopS on February 01, 2011, 08:14:48 pm
Sure, the sentiments have died down NOW.  But they did exist and were wrong then.  Just because natl media says it, doesn't make it right.   Just pointing out how some believe them when they want to and other times they call BS.  Depends on your agenda.

No agenda.  Arkansas is irrelevant on the national level.  We have your boy to thank for that.

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

HF#1

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on February 01, 2011, 08:46:13 pm
No agenda.  Arkansas is irrelevant on the national level.  We have your boy to thank for that.

And Stan Heath. We were irrelavant under him too.  Don't forget that.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

dqhog33

OMG are you implying that he Hogs need to be on the bubble? 

dqhog33

Some people are not blind homers.  What is our RPI?  Did we break 200 after that VAndy win?

HoopS

Yeah, my boy.  My boy is in Columbia.   I don't want to stand pat but we are.   No agenda, though?    Yeah right.   Pray for the Hogs to lose tomorrow night so you and your followers can bash the team, the coach and anybody not screaming like an idiot for a middle of the season change that isn't even close to happening.   He's here at least this season - it is what it is.  I highly doubt he can get us to the tournament (NCAA), short of that he needs to be shitcanned.     

heffy22

We were irrelevant in Nolan's last years as well.

HF#1

Quote from: dqhog33 on February 01, 2011, 08:54:49 pm
Some people are not blind homers.  What is our RPI?  Did we break 200 after that VAndy win?

We actually moved up quite a bit but we still have too many games left to say it will stay there.  I think it broke the top 100.  Not sure though.

Hot_Town_Hog

RPI has moved from around 200 to 86 in a couple of weeks. Win twice this week, and it will take another jump. With that said, UGA will not be an easy win.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: hogfan#1 on February 01, 2011, 08:46:59 pm
And Stan Heath. We were irrelavant under him too.  Don't forget that.

No.  I remember reading these exact same articles back when Heath was coach when it talked about the Hogs being IN the tournament and not just some fluke loss, bump in the road in someone else's path to it.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on February 02, 2011, 04:31:40 am
No.  I remember reading these exact same articles back when Heath was coach when it talked about the Hogs being IN the tournament and not just some fluke loss, bump in the road in someone else's path to it.

Can't be. Stan Heath played boring basketball.

The Hogfather

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on February 01, 2011, 06:43:23 pm
Maybe ESPN didn't hear about the Vandy win yet?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bubblewatch

Man, we have some crappy fans sometimes.

We get a win, on the road, in a historically tough place to play, against a ranked foe and all anyone around here can talk about are negative things.

Weird. 

Hope they win tonight so we get to hear more negative stuff. 

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 02, 2011, 06:33:33 pm
Man, we have some crappy fans sometimes.

We get a win, on the road, in a historically tough place to play, against a ranked foe and all anyone around here can talk about are negative things.

Weird. 

Hope they win tonight so we get to hear more negative stuff.

Hey I didn't write the article, just passing it along. I've said other negative stuff, but my original post wasn't meant to be negative. I've said the Vandy win was a good one. I'm just like Tom Brady when they ask him which Super Bowl is his favorite. If you asked me which win is my favorite, I'll always answer "The next one".

The Hogfather

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on February 02, 2011, 06:37:15 pm
Hey I didn't write the article, just passing it along. I've said other negative stuff, but my original post wasn't meant to be negative. I've said the Vandy win was a good one. I'm just like Tom Brady when they ask him which Super Bowl is his favorite. If you asked me which win is my favorite, I'll always answer "The next one".

Yeah, but you follow it up with a snarky comment.  Why bring it up?  I haven't seen many around here say that we are an NCAAT team right now.  We have work to do to even be in the discussion.  We all know that.  So, why are you acting like there are tons of people around here acting like we should be in all the NCAAT bracket projections?  Just to be negative.  That's why.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 02, 2011, 06:39:56 pm
Yeah, but you follow it up with a snarky comment.  Why bring it up?  I haven't seen many around here say that we are an NCAAT team right now.  We have work to do to even be in the discussion.  We all know that.  So, why are you acting like there are tons of people around here acting like we should be in all the NCAAT bracket projections?  Just to be negative.  That's why.

I think we'd be on the bubble if we played a halfway competent non-conference schedule. Do you disagree?

I'm not being negative, I always said that we should aspire to be in the NIT this year. We should make that easily. However, the NCAA Tournament should be expected in a coaches fourth year.

HF#1

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on February 02, 2011, 06:44:39 pm
I think we'd be on the bubble if we played a halfway competent non-conference schedule. Do you disagree?

I'm not being negative, I always said that we should aspire to be in the NIT this year. We should make that easily. However, the NCAA Tournament should be expected in a coaches fourth year.

Assuming we could beat a halfway competent non-conference schedule... 

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: hogfan#1 on February 02, 2011, 06:47:45 pm
Assuming we could beat a halfway competent non-conference schedule...

Right, I forgot we don't have the talent yet to compete night in and night out against decent competition in year four.