Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Article on Kenneth Jefferson 2019 QB

Started by jgphillips3, March 14, 2018, 06:17:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jgphillips3

March 14, 2018, 06:17:17 pm Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:02:18 pm by jgphillips3
Sounds good but far from a done deal.  Sounds like the kid could really blow up this year and we are in the running at a minimum.

"Coach Morris and Coach Craddock and the offensive staff, particularly, do a really good job," Diffee said. "Coach Morris' track record with quarterbacks is as good as anybody recruiting. Coach Craddock is young and energetic and has a great future ahead of him as a ball coach.
"I think the system and what they do fits KJ really well and I think KJ feels that as well. He is excited about continuing that relationship with them and possibly being a Razorback, but he is still going to go through the process and choose the best fit for him."

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/mar/13/mississippi-prep-qb-kenneth-jefferson-intrigued-ar/

LJHOG

6'3" - 206  He's under the radar, for sure.   Best offer NCSt or maybe Memphis.  Coaches combing the country for prospects.

ricepig

Quote from: LJHOG on March 15, 2018, 07:01:58 pm
6'3" - 206  He's under the radar, for sure.   Best offer NCSt or maybe Memphis.  Coaches combing the country for prospects.

You'd rank them higher than OM, MSU, or Georgia?

LJHOG

Quote from: ricepig on March 15, 2018, 07:06:51 pm
You'd rank them higher than OM, MSU, or Georgia?
didn't see those offers.  of course I  was looking at Rivals.

Paul

this kid sounds like what Morris wants in a QB

bphi11ips

Quote from: Paul on March 17, 2018, 08:33:25 am
this kid sounds like what Morris wants in a QB

Certainly looks the part:

http://www.hudl.com/profile/5266440/Kenneth-Jefferson

Compares very favorably to Gerry Bohannon, with more speed:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6798230/582a9c6b3bd81447ac6438e4

Sardis, MS is definitely within Arkansas's recruiting footprint.  Jefferson has all the measurables and tools and makes several good post-snap reads in his Junior Highlights. Hope he chooses Arkansas.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Pig in the Pokey

March 17, 2018, 11:15:27 am #6 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 11:37:54 am by Pig in the Pokey
Agreed Ken Jefferson looks like a beast. Here's something you dont see everyday-

"Jefferson started his first high school game as a freshman and hasn't let go of the reins since, completing 336 of 619 passes for 6,474 passing yards for 82 touchdowns and only 17 interceptions. He also has rushed for 2,006 yards with 17 more scores in his three years at the helm."

Kid could very well be another deshaun watson or lamar jackson. same size, looks like similar speed. kid outruns the whole defense. I definitely grade him at (or maybe even above) G-Bo. I expect this kid to get a bump up to a 4* and I'd even go so far as to say he is right there with Gunnel for me. Didnt think I'd say that, but it only took about 20 minutes of film to get to that point. He is just so damn fast.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

EastTNHog

March 18, 2018, 10:55:29 pm #7 Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 08:49:30 pm by EastTNHog
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 17, 2018, 11:15:27 am
Agreed Ken Jefferson looks like a beast. Here's something you dont see everyday-

"Jefferson started his first high school game as a freshman and hasn't let go of the reins since, completing 336 of 619 passes for 6,474 passing yards for 82 touchdowns and only 17 interceptions. He also has rushed for 2,006 yards with 17 more scores in his three years at the helm."

Kid could very well be another deshaun watson or lamar jackson. same size, looks like similar speed. kid outruns the whole defense. I definitely grade him at (or maybe even above) G-Bo. I expect this kid to get a bump up to a 4* and I'd even go so far as to say he is right there with Gunnel for me. Didnt think I'd say that, but it only took about 20 minutes of film to get to that point. He is just so damn fast.
Agreed. This guy will be a 4* soon. He'd be a great addition to the CCM offense.

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

presidenthog

Hogtimes

March 22, 2018, 11:00:34 am #10 Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 01:44:39 pm by Hogtimes
Quote from: presidenthog on March 21, 2018, 07:42:26 pm
I heard elsewhere that this staff has not shown much interest in gunnell. So I figured this was our top target.

Or is it Gunnell has not shown much interest in us.   Still looks like his leaders are  Ohio State, Oklahoma State,  and LSU.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogtimes on March 22, 2018, 11:00:34 am
Or is it Gunnell has not shown much interest in us.   Still looks like his leaders are LSU, Oklahoma State and Ohio State.
Could be. I'll take Lamar2.0
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

TheRazorback500

Quote from: presidenthog on March 21, 2018, 07:42:26 pm
I heard elsewhere that this staff has not shown much interest in gunnell. So I figured this was our top target.
Does Gunnell have any mobility? I don't know too much about him, just heard he had a good arm.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

ballinhog

We've picked up a few predictions for Jefferson in the last 24 hours on 247, he's now 83% to Arkansas.

We are definitely in the lead for him, this is the QB with the ability to lead us to the college football playoff. It would be awesome to get a commit from him before the season

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ballinhog on April 06, 2018, 05:21:44 am
We've picked up a few predictions for Jefferson in the last 24 hours on 247, he's now 83% to Arkansas.

We are definitely in the lead for him, this is the QB with the ability to lead us to the college football playoff. It would be awesome to get a commit from him before the season
yes indeed. I think Paul Tyson to Bama made KJ go up on our list.

rolyat_2008

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 06, 2018, 01:10:13 pm
yes indeed. I think Paul Tyson to Bama made KJ go up on our list.
State and OM both taking other QBs this week has. Tyson was always going to Bama and they are signing two with Tua's lil brother the other one.

WOOPIGDOOIE

ballinhog

We need a commit from him this weekend. That would set this class off

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: ballinhog on April 06, 2018, 03:27:50 pm
We need a commit from him this weekend. That would set this class off
100% agree. Kid is a serious baller, and have a feeling his rating is gonna sky rocket his senior year. Love his skill set

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rolyat_2008 on April 06, 2018, 02:09:08 pm
State and OM both taking other QBs this week has. Tyson was always going to Bama and they are signing two with Tua's lil brother the other one.
yeah i know tualia and tyson (bear's grandson) are the two Bama is taking; that was my point. now bama is off KJ's radar, barn always has been and the two mississippis are out now. Kid is going to be a Hog. wps

MCHogger

Heard Morris speak today and he said that they had a big time recruit on campus now and that it would be awesome to get a commit today.  Probably referring to KJ.  Kid looks like a very big time talent.

ballinhog

April 07, 2018, 10:21:05 pm #21 Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 12:24:04 am by Richard Davenport
Announced Arkansas as his leader today. Said he's gonna go home and talk it over with his mom, or parents, can't remember. Said he will commit this summer but sounds like he may be ready to pull the trigger and call the hogs soon. The quotes I read today sound very promising for us

There's not a QB in the country I'd want over him

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/apr/07/hogs-lead-major-target-after-second-visit/

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ballinhog on April 07, 2018, 10:21:05 pm
Announced Arkansas as his leader today. Said he's gonna go home and talk it over with his mom, or parents, can't remember. Said he will commit this summer but sounds like he may be ready to pull the trigger and call the hogs soon. The quotes I read today sound very promising for us

There's not a QB in the country I'd want over him

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/apr/07/hogs-lead-major-target-after-second-visit/
Kid is D Watson 2.0; he's even got the clemson style helmet.

He completed 150 of 236 passes for 3,028 yards and 36 touchdowns while throwing only 3 interceptions as a junior. He also rushed 139 times for 1,325 yards and 8 touchdowns while leading the Cougars to a 13-1 record

damn

logand02

After watching his hudl video I can't help but see Lamar Jackson. Great arm on an outstanding athlete.

Tigaman

Why is he listed as a Pro-style quarterback? He rushed for over 1000 yards this past season.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Tigaman on April 08, 2018, 04:59:11 pm
Why is he listed as a Pro-style quarterback? He rushed for over 1000 yards this past season.
he threw for almost 4,000 with only 3 picks, too. He's an all-around talent for sure. You make a good point, though. I'd have him as #3 Dual threat behind Phommachahn and Daniels and ahead of Nix. Im surprised he's only #20 Pro Style currently.

King Kong

Quote from: logand02 on April 08, 2018, 04:20:19 pm
After watching his hudl video I can't help but see Lamar Jackson. Great arm on an outstanding athlete.

He does look like a Lamar Clone. Even down to the release point on his throws

razorbackfan4life

Ever since Matt Jones glided down the sidelines, I've wanted another scrambling QB.  Not to mention he can sling the rock. 

I've always felt that we have had some tremendous athletes at the UofA, but we never utilize them enough.  Maybe with the new coaching staff that will change. 

Hollywood_HOGan45

A program like Arkansas could use a dynamic scrambling QB to offset some talent disadvantages.

Im not saying Cam Newtons grown on trees but Auburn won the national title with a dynamic QB with one of the worst defenses Ive ever seen. Our backup QB threw for 5 TDs that year on them.

I'd like to see us throw out Hyatt, Noland, or Jones.

Richard Davenport

It wouldn't be shocking to hear something from KJ this week.

King Kong

Quote from: Richard Davenport on April 09, 2018, 08:03:58 pm
It wouldn't be shocking to hear something from KJ this week.

That would be great. Alway important to have your QB on board early to help recruit

KevinOMReb

Quote from: LJHOG on March 15, 2018, 07:01:58 pm

He's very raw but in 2 years has tons of upside.  Great athlete. But he's got a lot to learn.  Can play several positions.
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

Deep Shoat

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 17, 2018, 10:17:32 am
Certainly looks the part:

http://www.hudl.com/profile/5266440/Kenneth-Jefferson

Compares very favorably to Gerry Bohannon, with more speed:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6798230/582a9c6b3bd81447ac6438e4

Sardis, MS is definitely within Arkansas's recruiting footprint.  Jefferson has all the measurables and tools and makes several good post-snap reads in his Junior Highlights. Hope he chooses Arkansas.
This kid is significantly better than Bohannon.  He is more accurate, his release is far quicker, and he's faster.

I like him far more than most "running"qbs because he can be very effective throwing.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Peter Porker

Quote from: rolyat_2008 on April 06, 2018, 02:09:08 pm

What does it say that the instate schools took other QBs? They see something we don't or do we see something they don't?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

EastTNHog

Quote from: Peter Porker on April 12, 2018, 07:39:33 am
What does it say that the instate schools took other QBs? They see something we don't or do we see something they don't?
i was wondering the same thing. RD might be able to shed some light on it.

ricepig

Quote from: Peter Porker on April 12, 2018, 07:39:33 am

Maybe it meant they took the first QB to commit? As to seeing something different, probably so, different coaches, different evaluators.

NinoHogUNIA

Quote from: KevinOMReb on April 12, 2018, 12:05:34 am
He's very raw but in 2 years has tons of upside.  Great athlete. But he's got a lot to learn.  Can play several positions.

Nope, he has every tool to play qb.   

Was Shea Patterson asked to play a different position? 
BIE

Richard Davenport

KJ and Coach Diffee will be on Recruiting Thursday at 715 tonight.

zebradynasty

Quote from: KevinOMReb on April 12, 2018, 12:05:34 am

Please don't say that! He'll run as far away from Fayetteville as possible if thinks that is possible!

HogX

Quote from: ricepig on April 12, 2018, 08:13:08 am
Maybe it meant they took the first QB to commit?

If I recall correctly, this was the situation. 

Peter Porker

Quote from: NinoHogUNIA on April 12, 2018, 08:29:43 am

Maybe that's why he transferred.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

LOL why do certain posters get offended when it's suggested that a certain type of player may be able to play numerous positions? (It is a rhetorical question.) Especially, if that player is a QB. They are perfectly fine with every other player switching positions, but when you suggest a certain type of QB to do it then they want to yell the R word. Yet, they turn a blind eye to cornerbacks and runningbacks being of one certain type and also turn a blind eye to only 6% of the US population being a certain type, but make up 85% of the team. No one of the other type yell the R word with those facts.

Peter Porker

Quote from: NinoHogUNIA on April 12, 2018, 08:29:43 am

Peyton Hillis had all the tools to be a featured back and was sent straight to fullback to catch passes and block. No one yelled the R word.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Peter Porker on April 12, 2018, 11:04:01 am
LOL why do certain posters get offended when it's suggested that a certain type of player may be able to play numerous positions? (It is a rhetorical question.) Especially, if that player is a QB. They are perfectly fine with every other player switching positions, but when you suggest a certain type of QB to do it then they want to yell the R word. Yet, they turn a blind eye to cornerbacks and runningbacks being of one certain type and also turn a blind eye to only 6% of the US population being a certain type, but make up 85% of the team. No one of the other type yell the R word with those facts.
What a load of dung, Fuhrer.

Peter Porker

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Peter Porker on April 12, 2018, 11:05:35 am
Peyton Hillis had all the tools to be a featured back and was sent straight to fullback to catch passes and block. No one yelled the R word.
b/c EVERYONE knew he wasnt beating out Felix(all-time SEC leader in YPC) or McFadden (GOAT in school history).

Ridiculous false equivalency, as usual for your ilk.

Why the need to start a reverse racism discussion in the recruiting forum anyway? In a black QB's thread at that...

Peter Porker

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 12, 2018, 11:18:57 am
b/c EVERYONE knew he wasnt beating out Felix(all-time SEC leader in YPC) or McFadden (GOAT in school history).

Ridiculous false equivalency, as usual for your ilk.

How does everyone know that since he wasn't given the opportunity?

Pig in the Pokey

ricepig

Quote from: Peter Porker on April 12, 2018, 11:19:49 am
How does everyone know that since he wasn't given the opportunity?

He played RB his freshman year, didn't he? D-Mac and Felix came his sophomore year.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on April 12, 2018, 12:01:07 pm
He played RB his freshman year, didn't he? D-Mac and Felix came his sophomore year.
yep. Depth chart was DeArrious Howard, Peyton Hillis, and the 2 freshman. That changed pretty fast. DDawg balled out @ UGA.