Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Davenport

March 08, 2018, 10:05:11 pm Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 12:14:35 pm by SPAL

The_Iceman

redeye

pigture perfect

Quote from: redeye on March 10, 2018, 02:31:27 pm
Awesome!

This is worth it's own thread, imo.  You should start one.
Riceman already did.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

sickboy

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 10, 2018, 02:26:18 pm
Just committed.

I like how in the interview he was like, "I just wanna take it slow." and when asked if he had a timeframe for committing he said, "I have no idea." Then he basically gets off the phone for the interview and commits. Lol. Nice. Great to have a kid with that kind of speed.

liljo

Quote from: sickboy on March 10, 2018, 09:06:26 pm
I like how in the interview he was like, "I just wanna take it slow." and when asked if he had a timeframe for committing he said, "I have no idea." Then he basically gets off the phone for the interview and commits. Lol. Nice. Great to have a kid with that kind of speed.

:D
No doubt!
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

SPAL

Amityvillehogger

"He's so fast, he makes fast people look.... not so fast."
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I'm still excited about this young man too.!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

PonderinHog

OneTuskOverTheLine™

My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

plumbhog

bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

plumbhog

bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

jgphillips3

He's going to be a good one for sure.  This class, if it lives up to potential, can restore the program and if they do it they will be legendary someday, especially the home state kids who can take a lifetime of pride in the restoration.

Hopeful Hog

If this kid really is 6'2" and runs in the 4.3s we got a steal!!

plumbhog

ShadowTheHedgehog

He is listed as an ATH. what is he projected to play for us? CB?

plumbhog

1highhog

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on November 12, 2018, 05:08:11 pm
If this kid really is 6'2" and runs in the 4.3s we got a steal!!

I've seen Malik play several times, kid is a beast. 

rzrbk4life

You either have speed or you're chasing it
Let's call those hogs!!!!

presidenthog

we are taki him at CB,  but he may be a sleeper in this class. Doing KR or PR.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: presidenthog on November 12, 2018, 11:00:11 pm
we are taki him at CB,  but he may be a sleeper in this class. Doing KR or PR.
i cant imagine anyone beating out Bush for PR/KR though. He has like a dozen TDs.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

liljo

Rison, I do believe, leads the state in all classifications on points allowed.

Malik absolutely cleans everything up on the back end of that defense. I've talked to some Rison folks, and they haven't seen a kid come through there in years that can cover as much real estate as Malik Chavis.

He can fly, and most importantly, he has the instincts to fly to the right place. College life will be the major transition for him. Fayetteville and Rison might as well be in two different nations. This kid is a very seriously gifted athlete, and I think he will be comfortable on the field faster than on the campus.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: liljo on November 13, 2018, 08:36:14 am
Rison, I do believe, leads the state in all classifications on points allowed.

Malik absolutely cleans everything up on the back end of that defense. I've talked to some Rison folks, and they haven't seen a kid come through there in years that can cover as much real estate as Malik Chavis.

He can fly, and most importantly, he has the instincts to fly to the right place. College life will be the major transition for him. Fayetteville and Rison might as well be in two different nations. This kid is a very seriously gifted athlete, and I think he will be comfortable on the field faster than on the campus.

Forgive my ignorance but I've never been to Rison. What's it like?

liljo

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on November 13, 2018, 02:56:23 pm
Forgive my ignorance but I've never been to Rison. What's it like?

LOL! Nothing to forgive, man! To go to Rison, you have to mean to go there. It's really not on the way to anything. It is a very small town, but it has always taken one thing very seriously--high school football. For many decades it has been at war with Fordyce, and even when Fordyce was in a larger classification, Rison always--and I mean ALWAYS--gave Fordyce a tremendous fight.

The little downtown strip doesn't have much, but there is a café there where you can pretty much meet everybody in town in a couple of visits.

The Wildcats are IT in that little town. Always have been. They've won quite a few state titles, and have a very surprising facility. I love riding down there and taking in a game about every year. I went to school there in the 2-4 grades. Wildcat Forever. Forever Wildcat.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: rzrbk4life on November 12, 2018, 08:13:48 pm
You either have speed or you're chasing it

Big difference in Rison speed and SEC speed.  I hope he has SEC speed.

liljo

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on November 13, 2018, 03:24:32 pm
Nah, not really. It's just that the SEC is full of Rison-type speed.  ;)

Malik will encounter many players with speed similar to his. THAT will be quite an adjustment, I'm sure.

OkieBack

November 13, 2018, 03:44:27 pm #31 Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 04:24:05 pm by OkieBack
Help is on the way.  Good news, as well as with Devin Bush.  Can't complain when you take a good recruit out of the back yard of your competition (LSU).

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 12, 2018, 11:01:42 pm
i cant imagine anyone beating out Bush for PR/KR though. He has like a dozen TDs.
burks might give him a run for his money

plumbhog

Well it was at a Razorback camp that he was timed at 4.39 in the 40.

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on November 13, 2018, 05:27:34 pm
burks might give him a run for his money
Yeah it will be interesting, Chavis is no slouch.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: plumbhog on November 13, 2018, 09:16:40 pm
Well it was at a Razorback camp that he was timed at 4.39 in the 40.
Yeah it will be interesting, Chavis is no slouch.

Good!!! The more the better!!! Bush is definitely quicker and can prolly make the first guy miss. Burks is so patient, field awareness is off the charts. Can break alot of tackles and reads his blockers very well. Lets hope he comes back fully healthy!!! Great problem to have when you have SEC talent guys battling for a position!!!

liljo

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on November 14, 2018, 11:57:42 am
Good!!! The more the better!!! Bush is definitely quicker and can prolly make the first guy miss. Burks is so patient, field awareness is off the charts. Can break alot of tackles and reads his blockers very well. Lets hope he comes back fully healthy!!! Great problem to have when you have SEC talent guys battling for a position!!!
Yes sir, that's the bottom line! Exciting days ahead.

plumbhog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on November 14, 2018, 11:57:42 am
There is some serious speed in this class. Love to see em all line up for foot race. This one class may have more speed than any team we've ever had.

plumbhog

https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2018/nov/24/prep-football-rison-duo-too-much-for-la/#.W_l4vDBBdj4.twitter

"Once Lamar's defense began reacting to Frye in the second half, it gave Chavis the go-ahead to rattle off the exciting plays he's known for at Rison, including a 49-yard touchdown run in the third quarter.
"Coach was saying we need to come out of the locker room and put the opposing team away, so we couldn't look sluggish," Chavis said. "With that touchdown, it gave us some momentum to know we're still here."
Chavis carried the ball nine times for 102 yards, and he also played a big role in his team limiting Lamar's offense to 15 points. He was a lockdown corner, which is the position he's expected to play at Arkansas. The aggressive coverage forced the Warriors' passing game to be relatively nonexistent.
"I like defense, and I was moving to the ball really well," Chavis said. "I was covering the passes well, too, so I would say I played well."
The victory moves Rison to 14-0 on the season and further cements the winning mentality the Wildcats' players continue to display. Chavis said that will translate to the Razorbacks during his freshman campaign next year.
"We don't like losing around here, especially the class of 2019," Chavis said. "It's a bold statement, but we're Arkansas. We're gonna turn it around."

AirWarren

Kenneth Dixon says hello.

oldman1015

For years there has been a big difference in Hog speed and SEC speed. This kid has SEC speed. He gets to the ball in a hurry.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

HogBreath

Quote from: AirWarren on November 28, 2018, 05:15:08 am
Kenneth Dixon says hello.
And.....?  Dixon wasn't from Rison, and didn't attend an SEC school.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

searkhogfan

Quote from: HogBreath on November 28, 2018, 05:51:29 am

Kenneth Dixon played at Strong.  In the same 2A conference as Rison at the time.  And to say he didn't have SEC speed is asinine.   He had NFL speed, but not SEC speed?

searkhogfan

4.3-4.4 is SEC speed.  I don't care where you play

pghawg1

Some of these posts are just amazing. Speed is Speed ,Wheather in Rison or in Fayetteville

plumbhog

Quote from: pghawg1 on November 28, 2018, 06:19:49 am
Some of these posts are just amazing. Speed is Speed ,Wheather in Rison or in Fayetteville
Or even (3a) Osceola, wasn't that where J. Adams and K. Marshal were from.

The young man says " we are Arkansas we are going to turn it around"

Funny I never heard that from any of the current players.

I guess 5 years of bert literally beat that out of this team.
I look forward to the new attitude the new guys will bring

userpick

Quote from: searkhogfan on November 28, 2018, 06:08:32 am
Kenneth Dixon played at Strong.  In the same 2A conference as Rison at the time.  And to say he didn't have SEC speed is asinine.   He had NFL speed, but not SEC speed?

Maybe we can get Malik on the same steroids Dixon was on!

AirWarren

Quote from: HogBreath on November 28, 2018, 05:51:29 am

Clamoring clowns from the 7a always said he wasnt big enough. Fast enough. Low classification can't play like the "big boys".

Not Good enough to play in the SEC but Kid went on and had a great career in college AND played some pro ball.

AirWarren

Quote from: pghawg1 on November 28, 2018, 06:19:49 am

Fayetteville has no speed.

#1 STUNNA

good family genes!! Him and Miller are cousins!