Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you were wondering to what lengths this staff is going

Started by Sow Lancelot, January 15, 2018, 07:38:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sow Lancelot

January 15, 2018, 07:38:16 am Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 12:10:57 pm by Sow Lancelot
for recruiting/marketing purposes;

I run a small school in Louisville. Never had a football team, yet this is the second mailing I've received from Arkansas Football in the last two weeks. It looks like they are leaving no stone unturned.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on January 15, 2018, 07:38:16 am
T
I run a small school in Louisville. Never had a football team, yet this is the second mailing I've received from Arkansas Football in th east two weeks. It looks like they are leaving no stone unturned.

I like it. 

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Arkiebarkie

247Hog

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on January 15, 2018, 07:38:16 am

I run a small school in Louisville. Never had a football team, yet this is the second mailing I've received from Arkansas Football in the last two weeks. It looks like they are leaving no stone unturned.

Glad to see the staff doing some serious work. Just wondering though, why would they send you that if you don't have a football team?

I would have never guessed a school in Louisville wouldn't have a football team. You DO have a basketball team right?
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: 247Hog on January 15, 2018, 12:52:26 pm
Glad to see the staff doing some serious work. Just wondering though, why would they send you that if you don't have a football team?

I would have never guessed a school in Louisville wouldn't have a football team. You DO have a basketball team right?
No, we are a small private school. My guess is they just blanketed every school in a data base.
The first one was a Christmas card.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: LJHOG on January 15, 2018, 12:27:45 pm
More like desperate.

I want the staff to be in constant desperation mode when trying to get recruits.  Do literally everything you can think of within the rules.  We have a lot of ground to make up.  It's definitely a good thing.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

greenEGnHAWGS

More like desperate.

Move along troll. Funny how everyone sees this stuff as a awesome push for bettering the program and you see it as "desperate". Smh
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

HogCzar1

More like desperate.

Call it what you like, but this is exactly the type effort we need. A necessary ingredient to improvement.

razorbackfaninar

More like desperate.

I would hope they are desperate, and fighting for every recruit and coaching like they are desperate too, because they should be.  They have a fan base that is hungry for success and a good way to go before they are able to establish themselves as a staff.  I don't think there is anything wrong with saying they are desperate.       

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on January 15, 2018, 01:13:50 pm
I want the staff to be in constant desperation mode when trying to get recruits.  Do literally everything you can think of within the rules.  We have a lot of ground to make up.  It's definitely a good thing.

^^THIS^^

247Hog

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on January 15, 2018, 01:08:56 pm
No, we are a small private school. My guess is they just blanketed every school in a data base.

That's awesome. If nothing else, maybe we can pick up a few more fans across the country.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

FutureMan

More like desperate.

Give me a break. If you are not going full in on recruiting, you are going to be left behind.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

onebadrubi

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on January 15, 2018, 01:08:56 pm

I hadn't seen anything like that Cobi Hamilton play in YEARS!!!!  Until yesterday, that poor saints DB. 

FATHAWG08

I love off season Football!!

Dirty

Hogindasticks

Desperate to ALWAYS put the best talent on the field you can get......I am all for that!

Many years ago, I waw the Division Manager at a company who serviced the Oil & Gas Industry.  I got every Oil & Gas publication I could and sent every address I could round up a letter signed by me, not stamped signed, pumping our company.  Got a few local bites but nothing huge. 

Two years later December 23rd., I got a call from a new Regional Manager who just realized he was desperate for our services to start a huge project on 1-4 of the following year.  No time to bid out, no time to check out other companies.  This Guy had taken over the DM job just 2 weeks previous.  The old manager had not done his job and had allowed this project, 2 years in the making, to go in the tub.  The new manager found my letter in the file, called me up, checked us out and gave me 2 years work utilizing from 4 to 12 persons fulltime with usually 20 to 30 hours weekly overtime for each person.

Sometimes it pays to assure that no stone goes unturned.  That folks, is why you make certain that the High schools in Tulsa and Toledo know about your program.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 15, 2018, 05:30:37 pm
Desperate to ALWAYS put the best talent on the field you can get......I am all for that!

Exactly!  Covering the USA and beyond with our brand may find a diamond in the rough that otherwise might not be considering Arkansas.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

arkana

Quote from: 12247 on January 15, 2018, 05:38:18 pm
Many years ago, I waw the Division Manager at a company who serviced the Oil & Gas Industry.  I got every Oil & Gas publication I could and sent every address I could round up a letter signed by me, not stamped signed, pumping our company.  Got a few local bites but nothing huge. 

Two years later December 23rd., I got a call from a new Regional Manager who just realized he was desperate for our services to start a huge project on 1-4 of the following year.  No time to bid out, no time to check out other companies.  This Guy had taken over the DM job just 2 weeks previous.  The old manager had not done his job and had allowed this project, 2 years in the making, to go in the tub.  The new manager found my letter in the file, called me up, checked us out and gave me 2 years work utilizing from 4 to 12 persons fulltime with usually 20 to 30 hours weekly overtime for each person.

Sometimes it pays to assure that no stone goes unturned.  That folks, is why you make certain that the High schools in Tulsa and Toledo know about your program.

That's actually a pretty cool story.  Hustle usually pays off.

Hog N Bama

My original boss that hired me into the company I made a career with and retired from, said " Always give them your business card no matter how many times you go there. That way they not only won't forget you, but they will know how much you have been there"

Philip Seaton

It's called advertising. You don't know who is reading or paying attention. Even if someplace is not important today, it may be tomorrow.

FraggleHog

January 16, 2018, 09:57:31 am #22 Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 11:44:51 am by FraggleHog
Quote from: Philip Seaton on January 16, 2018, 12:06:25 am
It's called advertising. You don't know who is reading or paying attention. Even if someplace is not important today, it may be tomorrow.

Calling the Hogs from DFW

The NewEra

Quote from: HogCzar1 on January 15, 2018, 02:34:12 pm
Call it what you like, but this is exactly the type effort we need. A necessary ingredient to improvement.

Leave no stone unturned. 

The NewEra

Quote from: Philip Seaton on January 16, 2018, 12:06:25 am

The OP thought enough of it to post his experience on here.  Now, if the OP leaves his current school and goes to another one where they have a football program, it's fair to say he'll remember Chad Morris and the Arkansas Razorbacks. 

liljo

More like desperate.

Wow.

I was always taught that if you can't say something nice about somebody, don't say anything.
Nice avatar, man.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

FraggleHog

Tyro3

31to6

More like desperate.
If that is what you want to call it. No one questions that they are in a very bad situation in terms of recruiting this year. You could not have drawn it up much worse (first year of early signing period, coming off a very demoralizing season, half the staff not even assembled until after bowl season, very few open scholarships to give, etc).

In times not too long ago when the staff missed out on their Plan A and Plan B guys they would have just swooped in on 5 random in-state kids committed to Sunbelt and D2 schools to get to 25 and called it a day. At least this staff is working hard to find some kids who have the potential to play in the SEC.

I do not expect '19 and beyond to be as chaotic as this year has been.

runninrazorback

Quote from: The NewEra on January 16, 2018, 10:28:19 am
The OP thought enough of it to post his experience on here.  Now, if the OP leaves his current school and goes to another one where they have a football program, it's fair to say he'll remember Chad Morris and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

Bingo I work at a $300 million a year company and much of our new growth lately has been from people who leave a company go to a new company and they call us because of our experience. 

Paul

would have hoped they would have tailored the card to the basketball progran at a school without football with a pic of our NC team & coach. 

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: Paul on January 17, 2018, 10:11:01 am
would have hoped they would have tailored the card to the basketball progran at a school without football with a pic of our NC team & coach. 
Pretty sure it wasn't tailored at all, other than to a school. The address on the card had our school's name from before we tweaked it 11 years ago.

hawgfan4life

A few years ago, Missouri sent a huge envelope with a full page picture, quote, or something multiple times a week.  It was amazing how much stuff they sent our football program HC.  Auburn was a close second.  ARkansas sent something occasionally but never on par with Missouri and Auburn.  Did send more personalized letters and cards.

FraggleHog

New mailer sent out to all potential recruits showing the stadium being named after them. Seeing a lot more marketing materials from this new staff...