Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Big O

Started by pignparadise, January 13, 2018, 10:57:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pignparadise

Got to visit with Oliver Miller in a Suns hospitality suite honoring the 92-93 SUNS.
He looks great and has lost a lot of weight.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

Wild Bill Hog

Great to see him that slender.  Thanks for the post and pic.

HogBreath

Wow..he has dropped some weight, nice job Big O.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

verticalhog

One of my favorite Hogs.  I was on the faculty at Mizzou in December of 1990 when Nolan brought the Hogs in and ended the longest home court winning streak in the country.  The horrible student fan group known as the Antlers were giving the Big O all kinds of grief before the game and during the first 30 minutes of play.  As the Hogs pulled away and Nolan began to put in the scrubs, Oliver went right in front of the jerks, cupped his hand around and ear and said, "I can't HEAR you!"  It was great!  You could always tell he was having fun on the court.

pignparadise

Oliver represented the University of Arkansas very well other night. They had a 30 minute question and answer with a few players from the 92-93 team and Coach Westphal with a local  sports talk guy. Oliver explained how he was worried going into training camp about the severity of practices but said it was a piece of cake after spending four years in the "40 minutes of Hell" of coach Nolan Richardson at Arkansas. Then they talked about the 300,000 people that showed up for the parade even though the Suns lost game seven. Oliver thanked the crowd and said they were the best fans in the world with the exception of Arkansas Razorback fans!
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

FineAsSwine

Quote from: pignparadise on January 16, 2018, 05:11:59 pm
Oliver represented the University of Arkansas very well other night. They had a 30 minute question and answer with a few players from the 92-93 team and Coach Westphal with a local  sports talk guy. Oliver explained how he was worried going into training camp about the severity of practices but said it was a piece of cake after spending four years in the "40 minutes of Hell" of coach Nolan Richardson at Arkansas. Then they talked about the 300,000 people that showed up for the parade even though the Suns lost game seven. Oliver thanked the crowd and said they were the best fans in the world with the exception of Arkansas Razorback fans!

Cool story bro. Big ups to the Big O.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hogimus Prime

The Big O was such a unique mix of size and skill. I always loved his enthusiasm on the court. One of my favorite Hogs.

JayHog

He was the best at throwing long passes the length of the court to someone streaking for a layup or dunk. I swear dude was a QB in a former life. Lol

pignparadise

Quote from: JayHog on January 16, 2018, 07:35:23 pm
He was the best at throwing long passes the length of the court to someone streaking for a layup or dunk. I swear dude was a QB in a former life. Lol
Paul Westphal told a story last Friday night about Oliver's rookie season. Down two with 0.6 seconds left on the road at Portland. Suns called timeout and advanced the ball to half court. He put Oliver in cold off the bench to inbound pass. Told him to purposely miss alley oop high to Barkley and the ball would rebound long to KJ at top of key. Blazers would relax as the alley oop missed but the clock wouldn't start until KJ touched it. Oliver executed, KJ hit the three and Suns won. He said he was the best long ball passer in NBA history.

HawgWild

That was some called play! ;D

PonderinHog

Pound for pound, he might have been our best big man ever.

flagstaffhog

The Big O. Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

pignparadise

Quote from: HawgWild on January 16, 2018, 08:53:57 pm
That was some called play! ;D
Almost as good as last week when Suns coach with 0.2 seconds told the inbounder to try to make it. Tyson Chandler slammed it home in the cylinder. You can't have offensive goal tending on a pass. Technically the inbounder can't attempt a "shot" from out of bounds. Jay Triano said he thought of the play ten years ago but told no one waiting until he could pull it off!

IronHog

Quote from: JayHog on January 16, 2018, 07:35:23 pm

He was the master of the outlet pass.....
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Tejano Jawg

I saw Big O throw out the first pitch at a Texas Rangers game last season, on "Univ of Arkansas day." He looked good then, even better now. Great for Oliver. Maybe he needs to try out for another NBA team.

On a side note, here are my 3 kids that day. Cool caps.

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

alohawg

January 17, 2018, 12:05:13 am #15 Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 05:36:22 pm by alohawg
Saw him at the airport in LR a few years ago, but wow, wouldn't have recognized him. One of the best ever, never forget him going against Shaq.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

HogInThaGrove

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on January 16, 2018, 11:26:07 pm
I saw Big O throw out the first pitch at a Texas Rangers game last season, on "Univ of Arkansas day." He looked good then, even better now. Great for Oliver. Maybe he needs to try out for another NBA team.

On a side note, here are my 3 kids that day. Cool caps.

I'd pay good paper money for one of those hats.

verticalhog

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on January 17, 2018, 12:06:01 am
I'd pay good paper money for one of those hats.
One on Ebay for $28.  Go get it!

cityhog

O was the reason we beat those Shaq LSU teams. He'd be out at the top of the key and Shaq would have to go out and guard him. Layup city for the Hogs because no one was there to defend the rim

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: cityhog on January 17, 2018, 04:25:10 pm
O was the reason we beat those Shaq LSU teams. He'd be out at the top of the key and Shaq would have to go out and guard him. Layup city for the Hogs because no one was there to defend the rim
People still poke fun at Dale Brown for that brilliant strategy.
Yea, that's it. Let's have Shaq stand at the top of the key.
In 1992 in Baton Rouge, that allowed 6'9 Todd Day to post up all day to the tune of 43 points.