Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting the feeling

Started by Hogindasticks, January 11, 2018, 10:57:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogindasticks

That there may be a few scholarships redirected this year...to new recruits.

Hopeful Hog

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 11, 2018, 10:57:02 pm
That there may be a few scholarships redirected this year...to new recruits.

It's probably just gas...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hopeful Hog

How many scholarships do we have left for the 2018 class?

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

jgphillips3

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 11, 2018, 11:19:01 pm
How many scholarships do we have left for the 2018 class?

Technically, none after the early signing period left us at either 85 or 86 scholarships.  However, the coaches indicated they would like to pull in 8 more recruits in February so there must be 8 players graduating and leaving the program, transferring, quitting football or something.

ricepig

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 12, 2018, 01:46:43 am
Technically, none after the early signing period left us at either 85 or 86 scholarships.  However, the coaches indicated they would like to pull in 8 more recruits in February so there must be 8 players graduating and leaving the program, transferring, quitting football or something.

6 to 8 more would be the number stated by Morris.

nwahogfan1

I am hearing that we will try to sign 10 more in Feb if we can get the right players.    So I guess we might be getting 8-10 transferring out after the spring to make room. 

After a drastic change in offense and defense strategy it is plain and simple we will lose those who can not find a place on the team to play or where he is buried on the depth chart.    It is best for that player to find a new team where he can get on the field.

Bubba's Bruisers

I've been assuming 16+/- was going to be the final number.  Guess we're still in that neighborhood.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Oklahawg

If I did this correctly, we are currently at 85 for next year: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=653850.0

That means we are one-for-one, signees for transfers.

I will willingly admit that the link is not the official list, just one I try to help curate for the benefit of the recruiting forum.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

BigSexyHog

Thought it was more like 10-12
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Hogindasticks

I think its as many as they wanna bring in......removing a scholarship from a player for a better player is the name of the game.  I guess these existing guys should have thought about that when they were loafing down the field last year.

Polecat

Quote from: BigSexyHog on January 12, 2018, 01:36:52 pm
Thought it was more like 10-12

Ray Biggers told me that was the case
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Oklahawg

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 12, 2018, 01:46:55 pm
I think its as many as they wanna bring in......removing a scholarship from a player for a better player is the name of the game.  I guess these existing guys should have thought about that when they were loafing down the field last year.

NCAA has cracked down on that, I think, but a 4th or 5th year player who can't crack the 2-deep should be looking to go elsewhere...regardless of the coaching situation.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra