Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MA was never the answer...

Started by Coach V. Slocombe, January 11, 2018, 08:46:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach V. Slocombe

MA has improved the team from Heath and Pelphrey...but he has no sense of offensive sets...

We expend all of our energy on the press, which works 10% of the time. The first guy that gets the ball across half court is gonna shoot 95% of the time. If we don't score on the break we don't score on an offensive set...we either square up and drive or shoot a three. Gafford should touch the ball every time down the court...the 40 minutes of hell was figured out back in the 90's...

MA was never the answer to making Arkansas great again...
I don't put on the uniform to play the game, I put on the uniform to win the game.   Larry Bird
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.  Vince Lombardi

The_Iceman

He was never the long term answer. But I would say he was probably what this program needed at the time.

99toLife

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 11, 2018, 09:14:50 am
He was never the long term answer. But I would say he was probably what this program needed at the time.

I agree with both of those comments. I think the problem with the Average Hog fan is they didn't actually have any clue about Mike as a head coach. He is exactly the same as he has always been. I have always said I thought he was a good coached and I liked the hire. But I knew Mike would be Mike and so far he has been same ole Mike.