Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 class will be the nucleus of Razorback resurgence.

Started by BoynamedWooPigSooie, January 10, 2018, 01:09:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Gonna take a lot of hard work and some luck but I see Coach Morris signing what will be the core of our comeback.

Grant Gunnell is the QB. He's questioning his A&M commitment and has said it's because Jimbo immediately offered 2 dual threat QB's. He specifically mentioned that if Jimbo had offered 2 pro-style QB's he'd just thought of it as competition but if A&M's going for a dual threat QB system Gunnell said he's not the QB for Jimbo then.  Gunnell also said he loved Morris and his crew at SMU and now that they're at Arkansas it's only a bigger positive.

I think Morris can sign Gunnell. Who's a Top 3 QB in the class if not the best.

Then there's Treylon Burks. Ridiculous player who'll end up a Top 30 player nationally. Everybody will be coming after this guy but I believe Morris will sign him.

Morris and Co. aren't stopping there. I think they'll sign a 2nd 5*/high 4* WR and get TQ Jackson too. (There's 8 WR in the 247 Top 100 in our base recruiting area for 2019. Won't surprise me if we land one of them)

Then there's a TE down in LR that everyone says is 5*.  I'm not as high on Hudson as most everyone else and I also think he'll probably end up at Notre Dame.  However I hope I'm wrong on all accounts and He continues the family tradition and becomes a Razorback and a huge weapon for Morris.

Who knows what they'll go after for RB in 2019 but they'll likely have to look far and wide for one.

An elite QB paired with 2 high end WR and an elite TE is the foundation Coach Morris will need to get over the hump that we've only peeked over a few times since moving to the SEC. (I'm not counting out Jordan Jones or Mike Woods and hoping we can flip Treveon Johnson. Those 3 to go w/ the new blood the next year will be a formidable WR corp)

Now defense....  anything can happen but Chavis will instantly help us sign a better caliber of player. He's already offering guys that Bielema never would have tried to get.  Chavis coaching LB'rs will also elevate the defense, since LB has been the weak link for a couple decades.  It's gonna take a few recruiting cycles to get the defense where we want it but emphasizing speed and fundamentals will be much improved over what we've had since the Nutter days.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

#1 STUNNA

I think 2019 has a chance to be the best class Arkansas has ever had. Especially if we can lock down the state.

Pig in the Pokey

I agree, i've been saying it for awhile now, 2019 will be a top 10 class and SHATTER that stupid "you can't recruit to Arkansas" myth.

#mythbusters2019
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

311Hog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 10, 2018, 09:40:49 am
I agree, i've been saying it for awhile now, 2019 will be a top 10 class and SHATTER that stupid "you can't recruit to Arkansas" myth.

#mythbusters2019

while i agree i have to say the myth has a caveat and that is talent within the state.  It has always been said that the only way the hogs get a top 10 class is if the state produces more high tier talent and never has it in the numbers we have now.  We get them all and +some more it could be a reality.

the potential is there.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 311Hog on January 10, 2018, 09:46:16 am
while i agree i have to say the myth has a caveat and that is talent within the state.  It has always been said that the only way the hogs get a top 10 class is if the state produces more high tier talent and never has it in the numbers we have now.  We get them all and +some more it could be a reality.

the potential is there.
this.. if the state has the top talent we have a chance... and thats probably the only chance, unless we start winning alot of games.

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 10, 2018, 09:54:03 am
this.. if the state has the top talent we have a chance... and thats probably the only chance, unless we start winning alot of games.

yeah we had it going with Petrino, so this 2019 could be the one to get the ball rolling on this thing.  Win and they will come right? =)

Hogindasticks

#mythbusters2019

I think CM is showing that this is just an excuse to be lazy in recruiting.

sowmonella

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on January 10, 2018, 01:09:01 am
Gonna take a lot of hard work and some luck but I see Coach Morris signing what will be the core of our comeback.

Grant Gunnell is the QB. He's questioning his A&M commitment and has said it's because Jimbo immediately offered 2 dual threat QB's. He specifically mentioned that if Jimbo had offered 2 pro-style QB's he'd just thought of it as competition but if A&M's going for a dual threat QB system Gunnell said he's not the QB for Jimbo then.  Gunnell also said he loved Morris and his crew at SMU and now that they're at Arkansas it's only a bigger positive.

I think Morris can sign Gunnell. Who's a Top 3 QB in the class if not the best.

Then there's Treylon Burks. Ridiculous player who'll end up a Top 30 player nationally. Everybody will be coming after this guy but I believe Morris will sign him.

Morris and Co. aren't stopping there. I think they'll sign a 2nd 5*/high 4* WR and get TQ Jackson too. (There's 8 WR in the 247 Top 100 in our base recruiting area for 2019. Won't surprise me if we land one of them)

Then there's a TE down in LR that everyone says is 5*.  I'm not as high on Hudson as most everyone else and I also think he'll probably end up at Notre Dame.  However I hope I'm wrong on all accounts and He continues the family tradition and becomes a Razorback and a huge weapon for Morris.

Who knows what they'll go after for RB in 2019 but they'll likely have to look far and wide for one.

An elite QB paired with 2 high end WR and an elite TE is the foundation Coach Morris will need to get over the hump that we've only peeked over a few times since moving to the SEC. (I'm not counting out Jordan Jones or Mike Woods and hoping we can flip Treveon Johnson. Those 3 to go w/ the new blood the next year will be a formidable WR corp)

Now defense....  anything can happen but Chavis will instantly help us sign a better caliber of player. He's already offering guys that Bielema never would have tried to get.  Chavis coaching LB'rs will also elevate the defense, since LB has been the weak link for a couple decades.  It's gonna take a few recruiting cycles to get the defense where we want it but emphasizing speed and fundamentals will be much improved over what we've had since the Nutter days.

Your wrong about Hudson. He's absolutely legit and will be a Hog.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

razorpimp

#mythbusters2019

I love your optimism!!!! I just don't see us getting close to top 10....hopefully top 20

Hog Fan...DOH!

I hope the current guys on campus are the nucleus for resurgence... otherwise we're in for a 5 year wait.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: 311Hog on January 10, 2018, 09:46:16 am

the potential is there.

I believe this staff will get it done on a regular basis. They are tireless recruiters who build relationships and don't put down the competition. Those put down artists work, but they grow tiresome to High School coaches. I believe a whole lot of things we held as natural law are about to be proven wrong...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 10, 2018, 12:32:17 pm
I think CM is showing that this is just an excuse to be lazy in recruiting.

I don't think Petrino was lazy, but the man had all the charisma of a fence post.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: sowmonella on January 10, 2018, 03:04:08 pm

I hope I am.

Let me also add OT's Stacey Wilkins and Darius Thomas to the nucleus too.  In my OP I was really just focused on the playmakers that will make the offense go.  These two in-state tackles are must gets much like Billy Ferrell was this season.

I think we'll see a lot more defensive offers come out in the next couple weeks as Chief and crew get after it.

Supermark101

January 11, 2018, 07:18:24 am #14 Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:02:50 am by Supermark101
Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on January 10, 2018, 01:09:01 am
Grant Gunnell is the QB. He's questioning his A&M commitment and has said it's because Jimbo immediately offered 2 dual threat QB's. He specifically mentioned that if Jimbo had offered 2 pro-style QB's he'd just thought of it as competition but if A&M's going for a dual threat QB system Gunnell said he's not the QB for Jimbo then.  Gunnell also said he loved Morris and his crew at SMU and now that they're at Arkansas it's only a bigger positive..

Gunnell coming here would be great, but him saying that worries me. Morris runs more of a dual threat system than Fisher ever has. Seems kinda silly honestly.

I am cautiously optimistic, and i think you should temper expectations a little. There are 8 top WR in our area every year and not even Patrino got any to come here.

https://247sports.com/Player/Deondrick-Glass-87041

How about that guy at RB!

Brain William is the must get of the class, in my opinion.

https://247sports.com/Player/Brian-Williams-91902

Did I miss something? How come we are not listed as warn for him?

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Supermark101 on January 11, 2018, 07:18:24 am
Gunnell coming here would be great, but him saying that worries me. Morris runs more of a dual threat system than Fisher ever has. Seems kinda silly honestly.

I am cautiously optimistic, and i think you should temper expectations a little. There are 8 top WR in our area every year and not even Patrino got any to come here.

https://247sports.com/Player/Deondrick-Glass-87041

How about that guy at RB!

Brain William is the must get of the class, in my opinion.

https://247sports.com/Player/Brian-Williams-91902

Did I miss something? How come we are not listed as warn for him?

Coaching change. I'm sure Morris and the staff will go full speed on Brian. Morris reached out to him the first day on the job.

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

thebignasty

Quote from: Rzback on January 11, 2018, 10:01:38 am
Definitely more stars than we normally go after. Hope they sign.

I don't think this is true.

Definitely a move back toward regional recruiting though, maybe that gives us a better chance.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 10, 2018, 03:22:06 pm
I believe this staff will get it done on a regular basis. They are tireless recruiters who build relationships and don't put down the competition. Those put down artists work, but they grow tiresome to High School coaches. I believe a whole lot of things we held as natural law are about to be proven wrong...
yes indeed.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: thebignasty on January 11, 2018, 10:32:20 am
I don't think this is true.

Definitely a move back toward regional recruiting though, maybe that gives us a better chance.
THREE 5* WRs. I dont ever remember that.
@Slackaveli

trphog

We have a chance to sign highly rated/ sought after prospects at every level of the offense. That would be a game-changer for us. Defense on the other hand????? Brian Williams would indeed be huge!

navyhog24

colbs

Top 10 class is reaching.  Now a top 15 if they get Burks, Henry, Gunnell, Thomas, and add some other highly recruit guys.  Keeping the instate kids will be huge.  Brian Williams is a long shot it looks like.

RaisinHog

I don't think there is a snow balls chance we get Williams

31to6

Quote from: colbs on January 11, 2018, 12:08:25 pm
Top 10 class is reaching.  Now a top 15 if they get Burks, Henry, Gunnell, Thomas, and add some other highly recruit guys.  Keeping the instate kids will be huge.  Brian Williams is a long shot it looks like.
5*'s really, really skew the calculations on all the ranking sites. All the services assume that most P5 teams are going to have plenty of role players and what really makes the difference is the number of game breakers that will make plays that will be the difference between a win or a loss.

For example on 247's calculator I just filled our current class out with random 3*s. Ranking was about what we usually see (28th). Then, I replaced three of those players with the three remaining uncommitted 5*'s. Ranking jumped to 10th.

So, yes, it is entirely possible that with just a couple recruiting coups combined with keeping the best of the 2019 class at home that we could have a top-10 class. It will take some luck and a lot of hard work, but it is possible.

And if it happens, hopefully we will continue to recruit well and the results will show on the field.

thebignasty

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 11, 2018, 11:33:26 am
THREE 5* WRs. I dont ever remember that.

You can scroll through the offer list by year on 247.  I think it shows that the previous staff went after big time talent and just didn't land and develop enough of it.   FWIW, we offered 3 5 star receivers in 2015 according to 247, if thats the standard you choose.

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Season/2015-Football/Offers

PlanoHog

LSU leads for GG as of now, but believe Bama has a VERY real shot as we get into Spring. I truly believe the chances for UA to get his commitment are very slim. Brian Williams loves Stanford. The Stanford coaches believe they lead for Henry, as well, at this time. ND offer will be interesting, but he wants to make his own name away from Hunter's shadow. You can't blame a kid for that. Problem is, 2019 "receiving" TE prospects are much more limited than 2018. The other 2019 TEs like Boomer, OSU and kids like Jeremy Ruckert, who's huge 6-7 and when I saw him has to be pushing 260 lbs, that's leaning towards UGA, are much more blocking than receiving. So, you're really waiting on someone to emerge from HS ranks in the fall to find another uncommitted 2019 TE that is a legitimate receiving target. I think UA has much better luck landing a couple stud WRs than any other positions. There are lots in the 2019 class and most wont follow each other to a school as they want to be option #1 at the wideout. I had 2 Top 10 WR kids tell me if "so and so" goes there, I'm going elsewhere.
The entertainer formerly known as TheOtherWhiteMeat.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: trphog on January 11, 2018, 11:36:36 am
We have a chance to sign highly rated/ sought after prospects at every level of the offense. That would be a game-changer for us. Defense on the other hand????? Brian Williams would indeed be huge!

Brian Williams was never in play. Even with Raleigh here he'd been hinting around that he'd be doing his own thing.

King Kong

I will never understand why LSU would lead for a QB or WR prospect

Hogindasticks

Quote from: King Kong on January 11, 2018, 06:57:27 pm
I will never understand why LSU would lead for a QB or WR prospect

Gotta have someone to cover while the back is running...lol

sowmonella

Quote from: PlanoHog on January 11, 2018, 01:23:09 pm
LSU leads for GG as of now, but believe Bama has a VERY real shot as we get into Spring. I truly believe the chances for UA to get his commitment are very slim. Brian Williams loves Stanford. The Stanford coaches believe they lead for Henry, as well, at this time. ND offer will be interesting, but he wants to make his own name away from Hunter's shadow. You can't blame a kid for that. Problem is, 2019 "receiving" TE prospects are much more limited than 2018. The other 2019 TEs like Boomer, OSU and kids like Jeremy Ruckert, who's huge 6-7 and when I saw him has to be pushing 260 lbs, that's leaning towards UGA, are much more blocking than receiving. So, you're really waiting on someone to emerge from HS ranks in the fall to find another uncommitted 2019 TE that is a legitimate receiving target. I think UA has much better luck landing a couple stud WRs than any other positions. There are lots in the 2019 class and most wont follow each other to a school as they want to be option #1 at the wideout. I had 2 Top 10 WR kids tell me if "so and so" goes there, I'm going elsewhere.
You are wrong about Henry.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

moto625

2019/Top 20 Class is a real possibility! WPS Henry from Little Rock will be harder to Land then people think 🐗🐗🐗 

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: moto625 on January 12, 2018, 07:09:04 am
2019/Top 20 Class is a real possibility! WPS Henry from Little Rock will be harder to Land then people think 🐗🐗🐗 

Burks wont be an easy get either.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: sowmonella on January 10, 2018, 03:04:08 pm

Yeah, most places have Hudson Henry the No. 1 tight end in the country. So I'd also call that legit. Hopefully the Hog loyalty will win out.