Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Burks

Started by #1 STUNNA, January 09, 2018, 02:37:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 STUNNA

#1 STUNNA

Was hoping it wouldnt happen, But Burks has been offered by LSU today.

RaisinHog

Did you expect it not too happen ? Lol he likely will have every major college offer

redeye

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 04:44:20 pm

Can you elaborate?

Is he a LSU fan or something?

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 09, 2018, 04:51:46 pm
Did you expect it not too happen ? Lol he likely will have every major college offer

yep expected... but that will be our competition for Burks..

LA Football fan

After watching the video, it is clear he is a must get for Coach Morris.  Unreal that he has another year of football to go.  Just a man among boys out there on the field at the high school level.  Most of those highlights are with him playing both ways the majority of the game on offense and defense.  Could put up even better numbers on offense if only played on that side of the ball and better numbers on defense for the same reason.  Makes plays on offense, defense, special teams.  About the only way I know he hasn't scored is a fumble return.  Can play multiple positions at the d1 level.  OLB, Safety, WR, QB, and on special occasions as a rush DE.  I personally believe he will be the next 5 star recruit from Arkansas by this time next year as long as he can remain healthy.  If he went to some of the major camps, he would already have offers from every major P5 program in the country.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: LA Football fan on January 09, 2018, 05:03:40 pm
After watching the video, it is clear he is a must get for Coach Morris.  Unreal that he has another year of football to go.  Just a man among boys out there on the field at the high school level.  Most of those highlights are with him playing both ways the majority of the game on offense and defense.  Could put up even better numbers on offense if only played on that side of the ball and better numbers on defense for the same reason.  Makes plays on offense, defense, special teams.  About the only way I know he hasn't scored is a fumble return.  Can play multiple positions at the d1 level.  OLB, Safety, WR, QB, and on special occasions as a rush DE.  I personally believe he will be the next 5 star recruit from Arkansas by this time next year as long as he can remain healthy.  If he went to some of the major camps, he would already have offers from every major P5 program in the country.
I think hed be top 10 in the country if he cared about attending camps. Would love to see Hembree play him at quarterback next season. They will win state if he does.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: redeye on January 09, 2018, 04:55:52 pm
Can you elaborate?

Is he a LSU fan or something?

Word on the street is Arkansas and LSU are his favorites. Also have heard he likes Clemson. He visited LSU when the hogs went their and was wearing LSU gear.

LA Football fan

I would like to see him run more than the heavy offense.  He has an excellent arm but needs the experience of throwing all the routes in a spread offense and running the read option more often.  Could use a little coaching on his throwing form but other than that, he could be an all state caliber qb talent wise.  Would probably have to play less defense to have the stamina to play qb for most of the game.  Problem is, he doesn't have a Burks to throw to, even though McKnight is pretty talented at WR too and I worry about him running inside so much in the heavy package.  Takes a lot of unnecessary hits running those plays.

LA Football fan

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 05:13:50 pm
Word on the street is Arkansas and LSU are his favorites. Also have heard he likes Clemson. He visited LSU when the hogs went their and was wearing LSU gear.

Probably safer to wear LSU gear attending a game there.  Those fans can be pretty rowdy to opposing fans.  Just don't think LSU has the offense to showcase him as much as what Morris will run next year, but LSU does have some pull in south arkansas areas.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 05:06:14 pm
  I think hed be top 10 in the country if he cared about attending camps. Would love to see Hembree play him at quarterback next season. They will win state if he does.

From what I have seen they should have won state this year. Except for an official making the most ridiculous call I have seen. Took the game away from the players..

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: LA Football fan on January 09, 2018, 05:20:02 pm
Probably safer to wear LSU gear attending a game there.  Those fans can be pretty rowdy to opposing fans.  Just don't think LSU has the offense to showcase him as much as what Morris will run next year, but LSU does have some pull in south arkansas areas.

Have heard he wants to sty close to home because of family.. I believe that is why LSU is an option.. plus more times than not they are better than us. Coach Morris needs to buy real estate in Bradley County.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: LA Football fan on January 09, 2018, 05:20:02 pm
Was on an official visit.. maybe why he was wearing LSU stuff.

thebignasty

He is a very important recruit for us. 

RaisinHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 05:29:37 pm
Logical explanation

247Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 04:44:20 pm

If he wants to play on offense at all, LSU would NOT be where i'd end up. Defense would be tough to beat LSU for him.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 247Hog on January 09, 2018, 05:56:36 pm
If he wants to play on offense at all, LSU would NOT be where i'd end up. Defense would be tough to beat LSU for him.

H will be a receiver at the college level. He is elite at the position.

FATHAWG08

CCM needs to pull out all the stops to land this kid. Special player!!
I love off season Football!!

247Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 05:58:12 pm
H will be a receiver at the college level. He is elite at the position.

Good. Then i'd say...

Coach Morris > LSU new O coordinators the next 2-3 years until Coach O is fired.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

IronHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 05:28:45 pm
Have heard he wants to sty close to home because of family.. I believe that is why LSU is an option.. plus more times than not they are better than us. Coach Morris needs to buy real estate in Bradley County.

La Tech maybe?

Kid as good as him doesn't need a program to go to the NFL.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

hawgwash

Do you not have to be a senior to take official visits?

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: hawgwash on January 09, 2018, 06:03:44 pm
Do you not have to be a senior to take official visits?

just looked it was an unofficial visit

WBOBO

I think Coach Caldwell should handle the recruits in Warren based on his previous track record recruiting there.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: WBOBO on January 09, 2018, 06:14:27 pm
I think Coach Caldwell should handle the recruits in Warren based on his previous track record recruiting there.

negative.. Tim Horton was the main recruiter of the warren boys

King Kong

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 06:22:59 pm
negative.. Tim Horton was the main recruiter of the warren boys

Think he is talking about When Caldwell was at UT. Getting guys like Bret Smith

#1 STUNNA

caldwell may have recruited the Warren boys that ended up at Tennessee though.

IronHog

Quote from: King Kong on January 09, 2018, 06:28:24 pm

That was a disaster

#1 STUNNA

yep

WBOBO

That would be correct.  Can't remember their names but he got at
least two maybe three players from Warren in the early 2000's.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: IronHog on January 09, 2018, 06:29:02 pm

That was a disaster

smith was the best high school player i had seen in person until Burks came along. Smiths senior season might be the best in Arkansas high school history.

IronHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 06:32:29 pm
smith was the best high school player i had seen in person until Burks came along. Smiths senior season might be the best in Arkansas high school history.

He wasn't Shabazz, Hill, McFaddden level but was very good

Shoulda been lined up opposite Monk in 2006 instead throwing it away at Tennessee as their program imploded

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: IronHog on January 09, 2018, 06:29:02 pm

That was a disaster

Quote from: WBOBO on January 09, 2018, 06:32:04 pm
That would be correct.  Can't remember their names but he got at
least two maybe three players from Warren in the early 2000's.

Bret Smith
Roshaun Fellows
Ricardo Kemp

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: IronHog on January 09, 2018, 06:35:41 pm

He wasn't Shabazz, Hill, McFaddden level but was very good

Shoulda been lined up opposite Monk in 2006 instead throwing it away at Tennessee as their program imploded
passes for 1000, ran for 1000, received 1000

IronHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 06:37:36 pm
passes for 1000, ran for 1000, received 1000

Scored one TD in Razorback stadium.....didn't even make the highlight reel

Be careful chasing the bright lights

East TN HAWG

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 06:36:48 pm
Bret Smith
Roshaun Fellows
Ricardo Kemp
Wasn't Cedric Houston from Warren?

ricepig

You can't take official visits until your Sr year.

WBOBO

Quote from: IronHog on January 09, 2018, 06:48:17 pm

Scored one TD in Razorback stadium.....didn’t even make the highlight reel

Be careful chasing the bright lights
One thing I will say Iron, I think we had more sacks in that one
game than we had in all of this season.  Wow that D was swarming.

cc

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 09, 2018, 06:54:20 pm
Wasn't Cedric Houston from Warren?

no.  Clarendon I think

IronHog

Quote from: WBOBO on January 09, 2018, 07:03:15 pm
One thing I will say Iron, I think we had more sacks in that one
game than we had in all of this season.  Wow that D was swarming.

Hogs probably best team in country that night

Jamaal Anderson was unstoppable.  Of course he wouldn't have broke the two deep at USC 🙄

IronMountainHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 06:32:29 pm
You haven't seen many players then. Damien Williams from Springdale alone had better stats, against better competition, was better in college, and made it to the pros. I saw Keith Jackson play and he was probably the best I saw in 1983.

IronMountainHog

Damien Williams attended high school at Springdale High School under head coach Gus Malzahn. During his senior year, he played wide receiver, running back and defensive back and earned accolades as an All-American, catching 63 passes for 1,495 yards with 24 touchdowns, running for 463 yards on 31 carries with 12 touchdowns and had eight kickoff returns for 254 yards with two touchdowns on offense, while also making 25 tackles and 3 interceptions (one for a touchdown) on defense despite missing several games with injuries. Springdale went 14-0 in 2005, won the Arkansas state championship and finished No. 2 nationally.

IronHog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 09, 2018, 07:31:43 pm
You haven't seen many players then. Damien Williams from Springdale alone had better stats, against better competition, was better in college, and made it to the pros. I saw Keith Jackson play and he was probably the best I saw in 1983.

Smith was better

IronMountainHog

Quote from: IronHog on January 09, 2018, 07:36:47 pm

Smith was better
I disagree. I don't think the blowout rule was in place when Smith played back then. Almost every game Springdale played in 2005 had a running clock in the second half because they were blowing out everybody. When that happened, most of the Springdale 5 were on the bench. That affected their stats some. If Smith was so great, why didn't he do squat at UT? Williams was all sec freshman. Was all pac 12 1st team.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 09, 2018, 07:31:43 pm

Lol... I've seen and played with many of the best to come out of Arkansas... Smith is one of the best receivers to come out of Arkansas. Hanging with the wrong crowd is what kept smith from having a good career at Tennessee.

IronHog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 09, 2018, 07:42:45 pm
I disagree. I don't think the blowout rule was in place when Smith played back then. Almost every game Springdale played in 2005 had a running clock in the second half because they were blowing out everybody. When that happened, most of the Springdale 5 were on the bench. That affected their stats some. If Smith was so great, why didn't he do squat at UT? Williams was all sec freshman. Was all pac 12 1st team.

Tennessee was a mess that consumed the careers of many good players in that era.

Williams was a fine player but also not among the chosen ones.

IronHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 07:56:57 pm
Lol... I've seen and played with many of the best to come out of Arkansas... Smith is one of the best receivers to come out of Arkansas. Hanging with the wrong crowd is what kept smith from having a good career at Tennessee.

Tennessee was the wrong crowd

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: IronHog on January 09, 2018, 07:59:47 pm

Tennessee was the wrong crowd

I do know the vols recruited them harder

IronMountainHog

Quote from: IronHog on January 09, 2018, 07:59:17 pm

Tennessee was a mess that consumed the careers of many good players in that era.

Williams was a fine player but also not among the chosen ones.
You mean CHOSEN in the NFL? Bret played after college alright but only with the Dallas Desperados, Arkansas Diamonds, and finally the Kansas City Command lol. Williams played with Tennessee Titans, Miami Dolphins, and St. Louis Rams. Add all of Smiths stats in college together and Williams out did that in one year at USC.

#1 STUNNA

Smith is the second best player to ever come out of Warren. Yes in high school he was better than all the other D1 receivers including the ones that were better than Damian Williams in high school and college.