Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wow alotta action from Coach....

Started by Hogindasticks, January 09, 2018, 01:05:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogindasticks

Check out Chad Morris on Twitter.
Head Football Coach University of Arkansas https://twitter.com/coachchadmorris?s=17

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Kevin

Great to see. This next month is going to be interesting hope he can land some of these guys
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

onebadrubi

Geeze someone could make a multiple page thread just on yesterday's tweeted offerings. 

Rock1

I think Ark has a great shot at TQ Jackson from Jefferson, TX.

Coach Morris and Coach Stepp were the first to offer him at SMU last spring.  He and coach Stepp have a great relationship and knows what coach Stepp did with Quinn and Sutton at SMU.

I have coached against Jackson the past 2 years, kid is a beast with next level speed.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 09, 2018, 08:28:59 am
If he could pull 3 of those that would be huge.

Several of those are 2019 recruits. But yes that would be great.

onebadrubi

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 09, 2018, 09:07:13 am
Several of those are 2019 recruits. But yes that would be great.

I knew some where, but still.  There is some real talent in that list.

Bacon_Bitz

Grande Puerco

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 09, 2018, 12:03:57 pm
Results please.

Is it necessary to post that same worthless comment in every thread?  It's only been a few weeks.  Give it some time.  I'm sorry he didn't sign a bunch of 5 stars during his introductory press conference.

The point of the thread is people are encouraged by his activity level.  If you can't add to that conversation, run along.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: BigDave95 on January 09, 2018, 12:28:22 pm
Is it necessary to post that same worthless comment in every thread?  It's only been a few weeks.  Give it some time.  I'm sorry he didn't sign a bunch of 5 stars during his introductory press conference.

The point of the thread is people are encouraged by his activity level.  If you can't add to that conversation, run along.

The whole Hammer Down, Red Bull, full tilt boogie, giggity giggity schtick seems silly to me.  Let's hope it works with recruits.  Hasn't really so far, it seems.

Kevin

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 09, 2018, 03:12:10 pm
The whole Hammer Down, Red Bull, full tilt boogie, giggity giggity schtick seems silly to me.  Let's hope it works with recruits.  Hasn't really so far, it seems.

You are just mr positive aren't you. Good grief Charlie Brown
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Biggus Piggus

So soon? Please.
[CENSORED]!

twistitup

I don't think it's a schtick. CCM really likes Red Bull, he has a full tilt / high energy personality, and like he said in the presser - rough quote - 'you may have to tell me to slow down sometimes, but you will never have to tell me to speed up'

It's who the guy is and his offense is reflective of his personality.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Grande Puerco

Hasn't worked so far??  It's been a month.  Geez.  Coaches recruit these kids for years.  Maybe give it a minute before passing judgment.  It's too soon to know anything.

opineonswine

Negativity, unwarranted, without any basis is just so boring and obnoxious. Sad way to live.

redeye

hawgwash

redeye

Quote from: hawgwash on January 09, 2018, 04:30:42 pm
That sounds like a Bielema recruit!

Yea, he's bigger than Skipper.  I do think it's a little strange.

LA Football fan

Looks pretty mobile for his size in his highlight video. 

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

cosmodrum

Jesus you are going to be insufferable for the next few years
Go away, batin'

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: opineonswine on January 09, 2018, 04:20:06 pm
Negativity, unwarranted, without any basis is just so boring and obnoxious. Sad way to live.

LOL. Yet it got like 8 responses in this thread.

Its good to have a little disparity on the board. It offsets the sheep running to line up and blindly follow all things Chad

Dwillhog66

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on January 09, 2018, 11:05:01 pm

Its good to have a little disparity on the board. It offsets the sheep running to line up and blindly follow all things Chad

Whether you agree or not, the definition of a fan (short for fanatic) means that you do follow blindly. I'm a Razorback fan and I follow them blindly, regardless of the coach. I want the Hogs to win, no matter what, always.

A person can follow the team and not be a fan, you seem to fall in that category, as do many others on Hogville.

I know you and others will argue this point but its factually based, so good luck!

Go Hogs and Go CCM, win em all and piss off some of the followers and when that loss does come, I will still follow the hogs blindly because that's what fans do.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: Dwillhog66 on January 10, 2018, 12:45:13 am
Whether you agree or not, the definition of a fan (short for fanatic) means that you do follow blindly. I'm a Razorback fan and I follow them blindly, regardless of the coach. I want the Hogs to win, no matter what, always.

A person can follow the team and not be a fan, you seem to fall in that category, as do many others on Hogville.

I know you and others will argue this point but its factually based, so good luck!

Go Hogs and Go CCM, win em all and piss off some of the followers and when that loss does come, I will still follow the hogs blindly because that's what fans do.

LMAO. Youll fit right in here. Buy whatever goods they are selling, then whine and complain when it isn't what they told you it was.

Were you all in on Bielema until he walked off the field and got fired?? I doubt it.

We'll see how much love Morris keeps getting when the losses start to come.

blu

Not sure why you're even posting here fanatic.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

31to6

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on January 09, 2018, 11:05:01 pm

Not on the Recruiting board.

There is no value in negativity or "disparity" when talking about recruiting, the coaches or prospects on this particular board.

At best, it gets in the way of actual information.

At worst, it creates a downer mood that could turn off a prospect.

cosmodrum

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on January 10, 2018, 01:45:38 am
LMAO. Youll fit right in here. Buy whatever goods they are selling, then whine and complain when it isn't what they told you it was.

Were you all in on Bielema until he walked off the field and got fired?? I doubt it.

You mean we might lose again? Dang!
Go away, batin'

d3maybe

Quote from: 31to6 on January 10, 2018, 07:30:56 am

There is no value in negativity or "disparity" when talking about recruiting, the coaches or prospects on this particular board.

There is no "real" value in negativity or disparity at ANY time...much less on a recruiting board.

I think there are several on this board who would turn away recruits on purpose just so they could say "I told you so".... whatever the hell that even means.

Hog_Swanson

so in other words, STFU Fanatic.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Bacon_Bitz

I am positive about Coach Morris's coaching skills. I'm ambivalent on Chavis but I like the young OC and I like the talent on the roster for next year.  I think the Hogs could win six, seven, maybe eight games with how easy the schedule shapes up.  I am excited for next season.   

I am disappointed with recruiting. I don't see how all these goofy sayings help in recruiting, feels like we are the kid still wearing "No Fear!" t-shirts in 1998. He can offer all the 4/5 stars he wants but fact is none has shown any real interest beyond a free trip to party a little bit for a weekend in Fayetteville.  The past two coaches recruited a lot of players that went to the NFL.  Who is CCM's best signee as a head coach?  How long can he ride the Deshaun Watson thing?  Our best commits this year have been committed for a long time.  Who's the big catch on NSD?  The answer is no one.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 10, 2018, 10:26:38 am
I am positive about Coach Morris's coaching skills. I'm ambivalent on Chavis but I like the young OC and I like the talent on the roster for next year.  I think the Hogs could win six, seven, maybe eight games with how easy the schedule shapes up.  I am excited for next season.   

I am disappointed with recruiting. I don't see how all these goofy sayings help in recruiting, feels like we are the kid still wearing "No Fear!" t-shirts in 1998. He can offer all the 4/5 stars he wants but fact is none has shown any real interest beyond a free trip to party a little bit for a weekend in Fayetteville.  The past two coaches recruited a lot of players that went to the NFL.  Who is CCM's best signee as a head coach?  How long can he ride the Deshaun Watson thing?  Our best commits this year have been committed for a long time.  Who's the big catch on NSD?  The answer is no one.

We don't know about NSD yet. We are in the thick of recruiting for 2019 (so is everyone else) and that is exciting. We have 13 months before we'll know the truth about CCM's recruiting prowess.

I was always bugged by CBB talking about Russell Wilson, JJ Watt, and "that school I used to coach at." Here's hoping that UA football does enough in the next year to find CCM telling UA stories, not SMU or Clemson stories.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 09, 2018, 07:42:52 pm
Jesus you are going to be insufferable for the next few years
He's exactly right.  That stuff is all silly.  Get good players and then win games.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on January 10, 2018, 01:45:38 am

Well being a fan does NOT necessarily mean that one "buys whatever goods they are selling". However, if DOES entail giving the staff a LEGITIMATE chance to recruit and then develop they kids they bring in. And no, that does NOT mean you judge their ultimate success of failure based on one class, especially after only a month or so on the job. It goes without saying that we hope to get as many high quality/ranked we can this class. However, the real proof and measuring stick IMO truly begins with the '19 class; a group whose recruits will have had a year or so to know and form relationships with this new staff.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 10, 2018, 11:48:23 am
We don't know about NSD yet. We are in the thick of recruiting for 2019 (so is everyone else) and that is exciting. We have 13 months before we'll know the truth about CCM's recruiting prowess.

I was always bugged by CBB talking about Russell Wilson, JJ Watt, and "that school I used to coach at." Here's hoping that UA football does enough in the next year to find CCM telling UA stories, not SMU or Clemson stories.

I think we may see a preview of that this year.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 10, 2018, 12:09:11 pm
He's exactly right.  That stuff is all silly.  Get good players and then win games.

Yep. The coaches should just stfu and win.
Go away, batin'

ricepig

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 10, 2018, 12:40:07 pm
Yep. The coaches should just stfu and win.

Somebody gets it, no talking by the staff, no TV, no lobster, nothing until we win them all!

Hogindasticks

Quote from: ricepig on January 10, 2018, 12:55:17 pm
Somebody gets it, no talking by the staff, no TV, no lobster, nothing until we win them all!

Amen.....white beans and cornbread until we win the NC

Rock1

I dont think some of you guys understand recruiting, much less recruiting 16-18 year old kids. They "silly" slogans as some of you call them, are not intended to get 30-40-50 year olds excited about anything.

Kids love this stuff.

I remember being around a group of HS coaches when Oregon started with all the new uniforms and helmets.  Coaches griped and fussed about tradition and how Oregon had sold it's soul for nike's money.   Well, they were not trying to entice a bunch of old crusty HS coaches, they were after the 15-18 year old market. It worked wonders. It worked so well that every D1 school got on board with it and now has many, many combinations of uniforms.

Try to keep in mind that the coaches are not trying to recruit you! But a bunch of kids.  Being a HS coach, i am around these kids everyday and there is very little that anyone could pitch to a kid, that would interest me, but it does the kids and that is these coaches market.

redeye

I really like what I'm hearing about recruiting.  It's always worrisome that our new coach won't understand the recruiting difficulties here and won't recruit well enough to overcome them.  Morris seems to have the right attitude, so I think he'll recruit very well here.  He actually sounds like a lot of us on the subject.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/jan/10/morris-demand-recruiting-success-new-staff/

jgphillips3

Quote from: Rock1 on January 10, 2018, 03:59:33 pm
I dont think some of you guys understand recruiting, much less recruiting 16-18 year old kids. They "silly" slogans as some of you call them, are not intended to get 30-40-50 year olds excited about anything.

Kids love this stuff.

I remember being around a group of HS coaches when Oregon started with all the new uniforms and helmets.  Coaches griped and fussed about tradition and how Oregon had sold it's soul for nike's money.   Well, they were not trying to entice a bunch of old crusty HS coaches, they were after the 15-18 year old market. It worked wonders. It worked so well that every D1 school got on board with it and now has many, many combinations of uniforms.

Try to keep in mind that the coaches are not trying to recruit you! But a bunch of kids.  Being a HS coach, i am around these kids everyday and there is very little that anyone could pitch to a kid, that would interest me, but it does the kids and that is these coaches market.

Exactly.  It's just like business.  If you are trying to sell feminine hygiene products, why do you care what men think?  You don't.  You only care what your target demographic thinks.  I hate some of the uniform crap we see today but if players wearing neon pink tutu's bring 5 stars to campus, then what my opinion about them is doesn't matter.  Well, at least until it hits the merchandizing shelves. 😊

FATHAWG08

To be honest,I don't think it matters what you think.
I love off season Football!!

CFB_Fanatic

LOL. Im sure 16 year old kids are logging on to Hogville's recruiting board to see what 60 year old men are talking about just in case there is any negativity.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on January 10, 2018, 10:12:01 am
so in other words, STFU Fanatic.

Go dream about Leslie Knope knowing that's the only shot at a female you've got

31to6

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on January 10, 2018, 09:39:55 pm
LOL. Im sure 16 year old kids are logging on to Hogville's recruiting board to see what 60 year old men are talking about just in case there is any negativity.
Actually, there is ample evidence that many recruits and their families *do* read this board.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: 31to6 on January 10, 2018, 10:10:28 pm
Actually, there is ample evidence that many recruits and their families *do* read this board.

Ill be awaiting the evidence.

Ive known of one, and those were rumors.

And not some random account that was made up to troll the board. Real evidence please.

31to6

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on January 10, 2018, 10:24:03 pm
Ill be awaiting the evidence.
Well, you could use Search.

Or you could listen to folks who have been here for a long time and have seen it replay many times.

Or you could just continue to behave like a miserable putz.

Your choice, really.

Buh bye.