Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RB Rakeen Boyd offered by Ark

Started by Rock1, January 07, 2018, 07:23:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock1

Signed with A&M out of HS and was there for a semester before having academic issues ( which was a RS year).   At Independence CC in KS.

He is a compete stud.

https://247sports.com/player/rakeem-boyd-33411

HS profile

Houston kid played at Strafford

Rakeem boyd ™‏
@boyd_rakeem
Follow Follow @boyd_rakeem
More
Blessed to recieve an offer from The University of Arkansas #WPS

RaisinHog

Rock1

imtad16

Yeah, I remember Arkansas recruited him pretty hard when he was in high school.

Rock1

Keep in mind that his first 3 games he was basically the backup and only had 4 yards rushing behind a returning starter. He took over in game 4 and the next 7 games had 1197 yards and 14 TD's. So, really he averaged 171 yards a game and 2 TD's a game.

Another stat the kid has I like he he carried the ball 190+ times and lost 1 fumble( total 3 fumbles)

Rock1

Quote from: imtad16 on January 07, 2018, 07:32:01 pm
Yeah, I remember Arkansas recruited him pretty hard when he was in high school.

yeas, this is hs profile

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Rakeem-Boyd-35295/RecruitInterests

I would say I think it is a 95% chance he ends up at Ark this time. Coach Morris really recruited him to SMU and Coach Traylor really recruited him when he was at Texas.  Coach Allen at Stratford is very close with Coach Morris and Traylor.

Snout team

Get that young man a good tutor and sign him up.  I remember us recruiting him before and at one point thought we would get him.

They were really high on him at A&M until grades got him.  That was even with a late ari al due to clearing house issues.

Would love to see him with Razorback across his chest
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: #hammerdown on January 07, 2018, 08:21:42 pm
Get that young man a good tutor and sign him up.  I remember us recruiting him before and at one point thought we would get him.

They were really high on him at A&M until grades got him.  That was even with a late ari al due to clearing house issues.

Would love to see him with Razorback across his chest
Yeah I thought he was coming here, would be nice to get a 2nd shot. All of these recent RB offers has me wondering is there some people who aren't all hammer Down?

Snout team

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 07, 2018, 08:32:05 pm
Yeah I thought he was coming here, would be nice to get a 2nd shot. All of these recent RB offers has me wondering is there some people who aren't all hammer Down?

May be planning to use some of them differently too, like slot receiver and kick returner.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

jkelly107

Looks like a player. He dosen't switch hands with the ball when he cuts but other than that looks like he can run and has speed

imtad16

So, does he have 3 years of eligibility?

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 07, 2018, 08:32:05 pm

We have 4 RB's on scholarship, and two are awfully light. We're an injury away from serious trouble, and that's ignoring that Williams is more or less untested.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

rzrbk4life

I thought I remembered that name from somewhere. Looks like he would be a good addition
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Tim Harris

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 08, 2018, 06:42:24 am
According to 247 he is scheduled to visit the weekend of the 19th.

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Season/2018-Football/Visits

We obviously want at least one RB in this class, we have Boyd, Charles Long, Deneric Prince, and Tony St. Julien with offers. All but St.Julien have given a date. Also, some have reported Keaontay Ingram will visit, we'll see.

Tim Harris

Quote from: ricepig on January 08, 2018, 07:22:34 am
We obviously want at least one RB in this class, we have Boyd, Charles Long, Deneric Prince, and Tony St. Julien with offers. All but St.Julien have given a date. Also, some have reported Keaontay Ingram will visit, we'll see.

My guess is it will be like most years.  We will have quite a bit of interest until someone commits.  Then the rest will chose to use their visits elsewhere.

The_Iceman

Out of high school, it looks like he was a 3-star and 400+ overall recruit. Just fyi.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 08, 2018, 08:27:05 am
My guess is it will be like most years.  We will have quite a bit of interest until someone commits.  Then the rest will chose to use their visits elsewhere.

Don't you mean we have some interest and nobody commits, leading to a late scramble, lol.....

Tim Harris

Quote from: ricepig on January 08, 2018, 08:38:00 am
Don't you mean we have some interest and nobody commits, leading to a late scramble, lol.....

There will be many on here who spin it that way.

My other favorite recruiting question we haven't got to see since Petrino was here but will be back soon.....  Do we really need to recruit all these WR?  Don't we already have 130 of them on the roster?

colbs

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 08, 2018, 08:41:08 am

My other favorite recruiting question we haven't got to see since Petrino was here but will be back soon.....  Do we really need to recruit all these WR?  Don't we already have 130 of them on the roster?
What's funny is BB had about just as many WRs.

Snout team

Vs 130 Tight Ends with CBB

onebadrubi

We had that come up just a year or two ago. 

Rock1

31to6

Quote from: ricepig on January 08, 2018, 08:38:00 am
Seems to me that this already is the late scramble... :P

31to6

Hah.. no doubt.

Thing about WR's is that if you only have a couple dudes that can make plays in the SEC, you need to keep recruiting them until you can put 4 credible threats on the field at the same time.

And, much like a high performance sports car, WR's seem to end up in the shop for repairs frequently... so, depth :)

HoopS

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 08, 2018, 08:30:31 am
Out of high school, it looks like he was a 3-star and 400+ overall recruit. Just fyi.
strictly due to grades. I've watched him a long time. We could use him.

The_Iceman

Quote from: HoopS on January 08, 2018, 09:50:34 pm
strictly due to grades. I've watched him a long time. We could use him.

Dennis Johnson type situation?

(No doubt 4-star talent but held down due to grades)

mulerider76

His offensive line looks pretty salty too.
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.
    John Kenneth Galbraith

RaisinHog

I wonder if We are about too loose a current RB .. I've noticed uncle Terry has no razorback pics on his Twitter and made a comment about kids having too set out a year after transferring

HoopS

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 09, 2018, 09:26:17 am
Dennis Johnson type situation?

(No doubt 4-star talent but held down due to grades)
imo yes.

logand02

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 09, 2018, 12:35:12 pm
I wonder if We are about too loose a current RB .. I've noticed uncle Terry has no razorback pics on his Twitter and made a comment about kids having too set out a year after transferring

Not how I read the tea leaves.

RaisinHog

hawginbigd1

Quote from: logand02 on January 09, 2018, 03:15:24 pm
Not how I read the tea leaves.
I saw that too and i immediately thought, well that doesn't sound like a kid looking to move on.

colbs

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on January 11, 2018, 08:53:33 am
you are not a complete stud if you are a 3 star. those get you 6 or 7 wins...or even 4.
Not always true

HogX

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on January 11, 2018, 08:53:33 am
you are not a complete stud if you are a 3 star. those get you 6 or 7 wins...or even 4.

Tell that to Kareem Hunt, Le'Veon Bell, Jordan Howard, and CJ Anderson.

And those are just names I pulled out of the top 10 rushers list and looked at their recruiting profile. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HogX on January 11, 2018, 09:48:28 am
Tell that to Kareem Hunt, Le'Veon Bell, Jordan Howard, and CJ Anderson.

And those are just names I pulled out of the top 10 rushers list and looked at their recruiting profile. 

Those guys all played on same college team?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HogX

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 11, 2018, 10:20:50 am
Those guys all played on same college team?

I'm not sure what you're getting at.  The argument was that you can't be a stud running back and be a 3*. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HogX on January 11, 2018, 10:24:11 am
I'm not sure what you're getting at.  The argument was that you can't be a stud running back and be a 3*. 

Well, he followed his stud comment with how such generates 6 or 7 wins per year.  That was the vein in which I was opining.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

HogX

Which I took to mean that, if your primary back is a 3* then you will only get 6 to 7 wins a year due to the fact that he's not a good running back.

I'd venture to say that stars matter less with running backs more than most other positions.  You're starting to see it in the NFL.  Just look at how executives approach the argument of taking a running back highly now vs how they used to approach it.  There was a time when it was a no-brainer.  But you'll never see 3 running backs going in the top 5 like you did in 2005 due to the value.   Execs have discovered that you can get similar production, for the most part, out of mid-round running backs as you can first round running backs.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HogX on January 11, 2018, 10:35:15 am
Which I took to mean that, if your primary back is a 3* then you will only get 6 to 7 wins a year due to the fact that he's not a good running back.

I'd venture to say that stars matter less with running backs more than most other positions.  You're starting to see it in the NFL.  Look at the number of running backs going in the first round 15 years ago vs the number that go in the first round today.  You'll never see 3 running backs going in the top 5 like you did in 2005.   Execs have discovered that you can get similar production, for the most part, out of mid-round running backs as you can first round running backs.

I was admittedly speaking generally and not specifically about RB's.

HogX

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 11, 2018, 10:37:02 am
I was admittedly speaking generally and not specifically about RB's.

Now that I agree with.  Time and time again the best teams at the end of the year have the best recruiting rankings overall.  There's no way around it.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 08, 2018, 08:30:31 am

He was a 4 star out of HS on at least one site. Then you get into the stuff about X recruiting site "sucks" etc, but there is not a lot of variance on those sites. Some will be a 5 on one, a 4 on another, or a 4 on one and a 3 on another, that's about it.

I have never seen a guy jump from a 2 to a 4 or a 3 to a 5 from one site to another. Turn on the tape if you don't think this kid can play. I did. I shut it off after :21, that's all I needed to see to know he's dang good.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!