Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Things looking up with Gunnell

Started by ThisGuy, January 04, 2018, 02:16:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisGuy

Kevin

Thanks Jimbo for offering 2 dual threat qb's
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SouthTulsaHog

LSU peeps seem to think he is all their's if he decommits. Seems a bit premature, especially given their head coach and lack of an OC at this point.

If I'm a top QB, not sure I see the positives about going down there

racinghog

Quote from: ThisGuy on January 04, 2018, 02:16:54 pm
https://twitter.com/shadid13/status/949009744706048000

I wonder what he meant with how the old staff handled Peavy
Yes here is the quote from the article or as close as I can get it

According to Gunnell, the Hogs chances were also hurt by how the coaching staff handled former quarterback Rafe Peavey, who Gunnell considers a close friend. Ironically, Peavey transferred from Arkansas to SMU ahead of the 2016 season where he played two years for Morris.

"It wasn't that I didn't like [Enos], but I didn't really like how he coached," Gunnell said. "And they kind of did Rafe Peavey ... I'm really close with him ... and they kind of did him wrong. I didn't really like that."

TexasRazorback

Supposedly Coach O just promised Gunnell if he commits to LSU then he will show up with Mike the VIII at his signing day

MP24

I have been waiting for this news to get out. It would be nice to get Grant on board and have him recruit that Texas speed.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-grant-gunnell-texas-aggies-2019-quarterback
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

BigSexyHog

LOL... Best interview I have ever read.... Didn't hold anything back... Love IT!!!!
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

BigSexyHog

Quote from: SouthTulsaHog on January 04, 2018, 02:47:25 pm
LSU peeps seem to think he is all their's if he decommits. Seems a bit premature, especially given their head coach and lack of an OC at this point.

If I'm a top QB, not sure I see the positives about going down there

Great talent at every position.  Especially the skill positions.  There are a lot of positives.  I don't get how Coach O is a great recruiter but kids seem to love him.  The LSU interest is very real and its close to home. 

SouthTulsaHog

Quote from: BigSexyHog on January 04, 2018, 03:10:44 pm
Great talent at every position.  Especially the skill positions.  There are a lot of positives.  I don't get how Coach O is a great recruiter but kids seem to love him.  The LSU interest is very real and its close to home.

Yes I agree with all those things, especially the location and the talent at the skill positions. It just seems like a dangerous game to hook your wagon to Coach O. Grant is a 2019 kid. What are the odds Coach O is still the coach by 2023. They have had tons of talent down there, but no matter the coach they haven't been able to develop a QB down there in a long time

FraggleHog

Quote from: SouthTulsaHog on January 04, 2018, 04:01:20 pm
Yes I agree with all those things, especially the location and the talent at the skill positions. It just seems like a dangerous game to hook your wagon to Coach O. Grant is a 2019 kid. What are the odds Coach O is still the coach by 2023. They have had tons of talent down there, but no matter the coach they haven't been able to develop a QB down there in a long time

Les Miles had a lot of 9 win seasons and they ran him out of town. Next season appears to be a huge year for Coach O. 9 wins or less and his seat will be very hot. 9 win seasons aren't acceptable in Red Stick
Calling the Hogs from DFW

247Hog

"He actually cares about you as a person"

Gunnell said regarding Coach Morris. That sounds like what we've heard for awhile. If you was one of CBB boys, you was golden, if not, he didn't care.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

EastTNHog

Quote from: 247Hog on January 04, 2018, 04:51:13 pm

Gunnell said regarding Coach Morris. That sounds like what we've heard for awhile. If you was one of CBB boys, you was golden, if not, he didn't care.
Sounds like you have first hand experience?

CallThoseHawgs

A&M mods on 247 think he sticks with them, but say Arkansas is the only team to worry about. LSU mods are saying it's an Arkansas vs LSU battle right now with Arkansas being the team to beat.

bville_hog

but wait, aren't we looking for a dual threat QB now?  I am confused.  Also why would any qb that wanted to have a future go to LSU? 

King Kong

Getting Gunnell and if we can get him early would be huge.

Highly rated QB is the easiest way help increase a single classes recruiting rankings. Would also help with Henry and Burks

Oklahawg

Quote from: bville_hog on January 04, 2018, 05:57:35 pm
but wait, aren't we looking for a dual threat QB now?  I am confused.  Also why would any qb that wanted to have a future go to LSU? 

QB every class. That's the way it works. Coaches worry about players who shy away from competition.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BigSexyHog on January 04, 2018, 03:10:44 pm
arkansas is the leader, i dont care what anyone says.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 04, 2018, 06:59:54 pm
This. Need to get him on campus with the new staff and I'd bet we'd have our QB for the future committed by the time he left!

Nosboar Accubond

Nope, CCM has said multiple times you don't have to be a great runner, just somewhat mobile. His RPO can't be adjusted where the R is really a short pass.

Watson was no burner, much more pro-style.

Gunnel is plenty mobile enough.

Nosboar Accubond

King Kong

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on January 04, 2018, 07:19:56 pm
Nope, CCM has said multiple times you don't have to be a great runner, just somewhat mobile. His RPO can't be adjusted where the R is really a short pass.

Watson was no burner, much more pro-style.

Gunnel is plenty mobile enough.

Boyd wasn't a great runner. I totally disagree on Watson dude was as dangerous a runner as it gets

Pork Ranger

Welp, that just sealed the deal on him not coming to Arkansas!

MissippHog

Quote from: Pork Ranger on January 04, 2018, 08:03:58 pm
Welp, that just sealed the deal on him not coming to Arkansas!
:) I was just thinking the same.

Pork Ranger

Randohoggie

Quote from: 247Hog on January 04, 2018, 04:51:13 pm

Stupid.

31to6

but wait, aren't we looking for a dual threat QB now?
I know, right?

It seems crazy, but we might just be willing to take an NFL-caliber QB with All-American potential instead.

LOL. People who think we must have a dual-threat QB are not paying attention to what CCM says or what he has done or who his QBs have been.

PlanoHog

Pig,,,you'd be wrong in that assumption. LSU is the leader and has been for the past 5 week's. UCLA had the lead until the fired their OC. If you look back on things I and BigSexy have posted we've been consistent on the changing leader board and discussed LSU early on.
The entertainer formerly known as TheOtherWhiteMeat.

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: PlanoHog on January 04, 2018, 09:53:48 pm
Pig,,,you'd be wrong in that assumption. LSU is the leader and has been for the past 5 week's. UCLA had the lead until the fired their OC. If you look back on things I and BigSexy have posted we've been consistent on the changing leader board and discussed LSU early on.
Why does the LSU writer on 247 say it's between Arkansas and LSU right now with Arkansas in the lead then??

BigSexyHog

Pig in the Pokey

lol, not a chance. he's coming to Arkansas.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on January 04, 2018, 10:21:51 pm
Why does the LSU writer on 247 say it's between Arkansas and LSU right now with Arkansas in the lead then??
because they are chicken little's with no self confidence.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

HogCzar1

By reading your comments, I would interpret that to mean realistically UA has very little chance with him. At this point, if he is thinking LSU, UCLA(or was), and A&M, then while he may be telling reporters what they want to hear he really doesn't consider UA an option. That correct?

King Kong

LSU just changed their OC. That has no impact? Especially considering LSU's terrible history with QB's?

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

Hogs958

PlanoHog

January 05, 2018, 06:54:50 am #37 Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 07:18:07 am by PlanoHog
Quote from: HogCzar1 on January 04, 2018, 11:36:11 pm
By reading your comments, I would interpret that to mean realistically UA has very little chance with him. At this point, if he is thinking LSU, UCLA(or was), and A&M, then while he may be telling reporters what they want to hear he really doesn't consider UA an option. That correct?

I didn't say that. We just don't lead at this point. There will be honest consideration given the Hogs. I believe whichever program gets his commitment it would come by the end of July so to recruit the remaining class around him. Also, I would think his brother will follow him.
The entertainer formerly known as TheOtherWhiteMeat.

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: IronHog on January 05, 2018, 07:30:47 am

Old staff played favorites.

If you didn't have a nickname you were dead to Bielema. 

I wonder how J-Red will adjust to becoming Jared? Tough transition

Dominicanhog

Yep, and those favorites had losing records in the SEC and are the reason he is no longer here today..

BigSexyHog

January 05, 2018, 08:17:53 am #41 Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 08:29:28 am by BigSexyHog
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 04, 2018, 10:43:57 pm
lol, not a chance. he's coming to Arkansas.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: HogCzar1 on January 04, 2018, 11:36:11 pm

MP24

January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

King Kong

While I do think there are cases we can see this. Brian Wallace not playing for example. I'm not sure Peavey is one of them.

This issue with the Peavey thing is one day out of the blue they dropped him from 2nd team to 4th string right after the semester started almost making it impossible for him to transfer.

Had about 2 days to find another school.

IronHog

Don't let LSU anywhere near your QB son
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

bkjbearcat

I don't assume anyone will come to Arkansas. Not anymore until they sign or pick up the Hog hat. Everyone thought DGB was going to be a Hog until he picked up that Missouri hat. A lot of people thought Bohanon was going to shock people and pick Arkansas. If he goes, great. But I never assume anything until it happens.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Pig in the Pokey

Seriously, I would be shocked if he went to LSU. That would be beyond stupid, and I know the kid is smarter than that. I also know he loves our staff, loves our school, loves fayetteville, it isnt too far from home, and he is good friends with at least one of our players; like REALLY tight, although Grant has a ton of friends.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 05, 2018, 09:39:38 am
I don't assume anyone will come to Arkansas. Not anymore until they sign or pick up the Hog hat. Everyone thought DGB was going to be a Hog until he picked up that Missouri hat. A lot of people thought Bohanon was going to shock people and pick Arkansas. If he goes, great. But I never assume anything until it happens.
i dont know why anyone would . Nobody really knows, there are only possibilities. There are no absolutes in recruiting.

In this case, The Hogs have as good a shot as anyone, in fact a better shot than anyone. Doesnt mean he wont eventually land elsewhere. I still believe Arkansas is likelier than his currently pledged school, or any other currently.
@Slackaveli

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 05, 2018, 09:42:26 am
i dont know why anyone would . Nobody really knows, there are only possibilities. There are no absolutes in recruiting.

In this case, The Hogs have as good a shot as anyone, in fact a better shot than anyone. Doesnt mean he wont eventually land elsewhere. I still believe Arkansas is likelier than his currently pledged school, or any other currently.

Sure, I think Arkansas has a great chance of getting him. But we've been though this in to many sports. Years ago I thought Monk was coming here until he picked KY.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022