Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jamaal Anderson

Started by Snout team, December 31, 2017, 05:33:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snout team

Doing some work on Twitter.  Good to see him around.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Buff

Guess being an Ole Miss fan didn't work out for him

247Hog

He cleaned his hands of our program after we got rid of HDN.

He gets his degree and now he welcomes the Hogs back in....hmm.....seems kinda fishy IMO.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Dark Helmet Hog

I thought he traded in his Hog card.

bulldog04

Is he after a grad assistant job or something?

navyhog24

He was at Nick Fulwider's signing

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 31, 2017, 05:33:05 pm
Quote from: navyhog24 on December 31, 2017, 06:26:24 pm
He was at Nick Fulwider's signing

The rest of y'all need to get over your issues
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Optimus Swine

He was probably just frustrated at the time.  You have to remember that these guys ride or die with their coaches most of the time.  It doesn't matter how good or bad the coach was, because the coach has had their back.  If we hold all that against Anderson, Hogville membership should plummet when we do the same for all the posters who said they were done with Razorback Football when we were losing this season, or when we didn't get the coach they wanted.  Good grief! Double standard much?
Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.
Yogi Berra

a0ashle

Quote from: Optimus Swine on December 31, 2017, 06:54:17 pm
    He was probably just frustrated at the time.  You have to remember that these guys ride or die with their coaches most of the time.  It doesn't matter how good or bad the coach was, because the coach has had their back.  If we hold all that against Anderson, Hogville membership should plummet when we do the same for all the posters who said they were done with Razorback Football when we were losing this season, or when we didn't get the coach they wanted.  Good grief! Double standard much?

Can you imagine how empty this place would be if we drew the ban line at "rooting for hogs to lose"?

247Hog

Quote from: Optimus Swine on December 31, 2017, 06:54:17 pm

Anderson was playing for the Falcons when he was bashing us. Bashed the fans, school and Petrino. Then don't hear anything from the guy until he gets a degree after flopping in the NFL.

If you don't think he at least deserves a little bit of negative comments, you're crazy...but i do agree with the comment on fans when we're losing, it gets pretty ugly.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: 247Hog on December 31, 2017, 08:40:22 pm
Anderson was playing for the Falcons when he was bashing us. Bashed the fans, school and Petrino. Then don't hear anything from the guy until he gets a degree after flopping in the NFL.

If you don't think he at least deserves a little bit of negative comments, you're crazy...but i do agree with the comment on fans when we're losing, it gets pretty ugly.

Made it 6 years. Didn't live up to a top 10 pick but still worked out very well for him

IronMountainHog

He's no Marcus Monk. Welcome him back.

HOGINTENNESSEE

IronHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 31, 2017, 08:44:47 pm
Made it 6 years. Didn't live up to a top 10 pick but still worked out very well for him

How does that guy not have a huge NFL career?

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

hawgfan4life

He had a strong bond with the coach that helped him go from a 2star wr to become an nfl defensive player.  He made a few emotional comments.  I can forgive him.  Business decisions and playing us for leverage during contract negotiations are much harder to forget or forgive.

Snout team

Quote from: hawgfan4life on December 31, 2017, 10:14:25 pm
He had a strong bond with the coach that helped him go from a 2star wr to become an nfl defensive player.  He made a few emotional comments.  I can forgive him.  Business decisions and playing us for leverage during contract negotiations are much harder to forget or forgive.

He also made some emotional comments about our incoming coach at the time, BP.  He basically said BP was a horrible person. We all got mad at him about that.  Looks like he was right after all.

He is a former hog who is working at getting some recruits to take a serious look.  I'll take it.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

247Hog

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 31, 2017, 11:12:49 pm
He also made some emotional comments about our incoming coach at the time, BP.  He basically said BP was a horrible person. We all got mad at him about that.  Looks like he was right after all.

He is a former hog who is working at getting some recruits to take a serious look.  I'll take it.

I agree and i welcome all former Razorbacks to be part of the program. Seriously only person i would have to say i wouldn't welcome back is Gus/Marcus Monk. I've hoped the Mitch M. would actually come back for a game and help heal some old wounds heal.

But...i also understand people that have a little animosity towards him (Jamaal). Just think it'll pass once they vent and see he wants to be involved with the Hogs in a positive way.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: IronHog on December 31, 2017, 09:57:38 pm

How does that guy not have a huge NFL career?

Like recruiting, drafting is a crap shoot.  DMAC, the 4th overall pick, gained 5400 yards in the NFL while Jamaal Charles, a 3rd rounder that same year, had 7500 yards.  Sure, playing for Oakland didn't help but based on his college stats, he didn't have a huge NFL career.

hawgbawb

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 31, 2017, 05:33:05 pm
Good to hear
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

hawgdavis

Did he graduate from Arkansas if so he is a Hog for life IMO. We have all been angry and said things that we regret, I know I have , and we all want and should be forgiven. If you can't forgive and move on then that is a you problem.

CCM has sent the olive branch to all former Razorbacks and I think they are coming home now that they know they are welcomed back. Its good for the program and the state. The Monks however are probably a little different situation, if MM wants to return he has a lot of work to do to make up for his recent behavior and I'm not sure he is willing to atone for what he has done. We will see I guess but a far as JA welcome home.

IronHog

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on January 01, 2018, 06:41:44 am
Like recruiting, drafting is a crap shoot.  DMAC, the 4th overall pick, gained 5400 yards in the NFL while Jamaal Charles, a 3rd rounder that same year, had 7500 yards.  Sure, playing for Oakland didn't help but based on his college stats, he didn't have a huge NFL career.

McFadden was good when healthy on a decent team

Anderson was a great player that just didn't get it done in the NFL?

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: IronHog on January 01, 2018, 08:57:38 am

McFadden was good when healthy on a decent team

Anderson was a great player that just didn't get it done in the NFL?

At Arkansas, Anderson ranks 9th in career sacks and had 129 total tackles, which isn't  in the top 25.  He was a good, not great, college player who was drafted too high based on one good season, a season that proved to be an anomaly.     

IronHog

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on January 01, 2018, 09:28:44 am
At Arkansas, Anderson ranks 9th in career sacks and had 129 total tackles, which isn't  in the top 25.  He was a good, not great, college player who was drafted too high based on one good season, a season that proved to be an anomaly.     

Late bloomer that had an AA type season his last year where he was just better than anyone that tried to block him.  Huge explosive guy that could play run and pass

His major knock in college was many of his sacks came on stunts in Herrings scheme

Cinco de Hogo

I still blame Anderson and Houston(player) for not sticking around for their senior year and helping us win a NC.  That team would have had at least four first rounders on it.  Problem being that Houston(coach) was still coach. 😎

Pig in the Pokey

Jamaal is my friend irl and is an amazing person. Very humble, down to Earth and hilarious dude.  his bashing of arkansas was b/c of petrino. he was a falcon after all. also mics were shoved in his faced and he was asked about it way more than most b/c he was the only Hog who was also a Falcon when Petrino did his slimy exit.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hawkhawg

Welcome back Jamaal.  You can't blame him for being loyal to Nutt. 

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 01, 2018, 10:35:12 am
Jamaal is my friend irl and is an amazing person. Very humble, down to Earth and hilarious dude.  his bashing of arkansas was b/c of petrino. he was a falcon after all. also mics were shoved in his faced and he was asked about it way more than most b/c he was the only Hog who was also a Falcon when Petrino did his slimy exit.

Ask him why he didn't  stay and help his coach win a NC, Nutt wouldn't have been fired and Petrino wouldn't have ever been hired. 

a0ashle

So is no one going to point out the irony of message board warriors debating whether someone who actually wore the uniform is a hog or not? He's more hog then almost everyone on here, and I only say almost just Incase we have some former players lurking.

onebadrubi

Would be something else to put together a GA staff of him, Dmac, and Hillis/Jones.  Put these guys on visits and watch our recruiting go from there!!!!!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 01, 2018, 11:40:59 am
Would be something else to put together a GA staff of him, Dmac, and Hillis/Jones.  Put these guys on visits and watch our recruiting go from there!!!!!

Everyone of them should be analyst, all our recruits would be so good they would go pro in three years.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: a0ashle on January 01, 2018, 11:16:42 am
So is no one going to point out the irony of message board warriors debating whether someone who actually wore the uniform is a hog or not? He's more hog then almost everyone on here, and I only say almost just Incase we have some former players lurking.

You just did the unnecessary!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: 247Hog on December 31, 2017, 08:40:22 pm

I hope karma runs you over...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

247Hog

hawginbigd1

Quote from: a0ashle on December 31, 2017, 07:51:29 pm
Can you imagine how empty this place would be if we drew the ban line at "rooting for hogs to lose"?
I would be here, cause it would never happen for me! There is no reason, can't justify it, now if my cowboys or Lakers were out of playoffs and could move up considerably in the draft i might do it lol!

AugustaHog

It was a bit of an over-statement by Jamaal.  This happens when you are emotional.  I understand the hatred for CBP as a Falcon player.  He should have just said I won't be a part of the program as long as he's there.  Glad he feels differently now as I loved watching him in a Hog uni.  We need to get former Hogs involved and it seems CCM is making them feel more welcome.  No hard feelings for anybody who busted their tails for our team.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 01, 2018, 10:39:11 am
Ask him why he didn't  stay and help his coach win a NC, Nutt wouldn't have been fired and Petrino wouldn't have ever been hired.
he was a top 10 pick. clueless much?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

pigture perfect

I've never held anything against Jamaal. I don't understand anyone who does.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Cinco de Hogo

jcharkansas

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 01, 2018, 11:40:59 am
It would be nice to have those guys around the program alot, it def couldn't hurt recruiting

Foshodo

All I ever heard from him was how Arkansas doesn't support the guys once they leave... talking ng about he'd see other nfl guys get care packages full of their schools gear to rep... I still think it's selfish but it does seem like now that the UofA is willing to embrace him that he's willing to be an ambassador so I won't hate

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: hawgdavis on January 01, 2018, 08:28:06 am
Did he graduate from Arkansas if so he is a Hog for life IMO. We have all been angry and said things that we regret, I know I have , and we all want and should be forgiven. If you can't forgive and move on then that is a you problem.

CCM has sent the olive branch to all former Razorbacks and I think they are coming home now that they know they are welcomed back. Its good for the program and the state. The Monks however are probably a little different situation, if MM wants to return he has a lot of work to do to make up for his recent behavior and I'm not sure he is willing to atone for what he has done. We will see I guess but a far as JA welcome home.

Graduating from Arkansas does NOT make you a Razorback. If Anderson is now supporting the Razorbacks I am all for him. Many people graduate from Arkansas that are fans of other teams. Some people are still mad at Keith Jackson who has sent two of his sons to play for the Razorbacks. Eric Mitchel's son played for the Hogs I even forgive him.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 01, 2018, 10:35:12 am

You never attack you college. Never. Petrino is no more slimy than any NFL owner who fires their coach in the middle of the season. Petrino is slimy for sure. Maybe a little over rated as a coach.

a0ashle

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 03, 2018, 05:33:52 pm
You never attack you college. Never. Petrino is no more slimy than any NFL owner who fires their coach in the middle of the season. Petrino is slimy for sure. Maybe a little over rated as a coach.

Except that's what most on here do. If anyone had a right to be mad, it was the guy whose alma-mater hired the coach that just up and left a hastily written note in the locker during a bad season. Why was BP in such hurry to get out unless his safety net said "Now or never"