Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Manvel TX

Started by Snout team, December 29, 2017, 02:29:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snout team

It is crazy how many D1 players come out of that place.  Do we have a realistic shot at getting our foot in the door there?
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 29, 2017, 02:29:32 pm
It is crazy how many D1 players come out of that place.  Do we have a realistic shot at getting our foot in the door there?

Morris has offered three Manvel players who are committed to A&M but did not sign. Brian Johnson (S), Jalen Preston (WR), and Deneric Prince (RB).

SemperHawg

Manvel's biggest claim to fame... the last QB to win a game for the Browns came from there.

AirWarren

Houston suburb. Houston overflow. Not surprised at that talent pool.

imtad16

I'm guessing CM knows their coach well. Kirk Martin has been the HC at Manvel since 2006. There is some familiarity with Arkansas. Taiwan Johnson played at Manvel and we almost signed Jordan Carmouche from Manvel a couple years ago. He was actually committed, but decommitted and signed with Chad Morris at SMU.

HawgHawk

Quote from: imtad16 on December 29, 2017, 02:45:19 pm
I'm guessing CM knows their coach well. Kirk Martin has been the HC at Manvel since 2006. There is some familiarity with Arkansas. Taiwan Johnson played at Manvel and we almost signed Jordan Carmouche from Manvel a couple years ago. He was actually committed, but decommitted and signed with Chad Morris at SMU.

Sounds like a pretty good "foot" in the door!

RaisinHog

And it's possible with chavis comeing could be even more inroads for those defensive players that didn't sign

NoogaHog

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 29, 2017, 02:50:10 pm
And it's possible with chavis comeing could be even more inroads for those defensive players that didn't sign

I'd take Preston if he would come. Go look at those Championship Highlights in the JSJ thread. Dude is a stud.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Tick Hog

The Kid Missouri snagged off that team can absolutely fly.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: SemperHawg on December 29, 2017, 02:36:34 pm
Manvel's biggest claim to fame... the last QB to win a game for the Browns came from there.

Damn. That guy must be 80 year old!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Bacons Rebellion

SooieGeneris

Quote from: SemperHawg on December 29, 2017, 02:36:34 pm

Josh McCown?
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

island hog

I watch Manvel play several games each year... it is in a semi rural area that butts up against places like Pearland, Friendswood, League City, Dickinson and others that are completely FULL of D1 players.  It's like watching junior college ball sometimes... huge, fast and strong.  Sure hope the Hogs can work their magic down this way. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2017, 05:35:01 pm
Damn. That guy must be 80 year old!

Probably Chavis' great grandson...  ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

imtad16

I like it. We got a chance.

pigroots

If we get Preston we got a legitimate "stud"....he is the real deal and would tear it up in CCM's offense

jcharkansas

Hopefully we really start getting some of these studs in the near future from Texas, we def need em.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: jcharkansas on December 30, 2017, 10:15:01 pm
Hopefully we really start getting some of these studs in the near future from Texas, we def need em.

Tis why we hired Morris.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15