Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two from Wynne

Started by razorjacket43, December 29, 2017, 11:56:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorjacket43

We have two young men that were pretty dominate throughout their career in Wynne that are graduating thus year. Mr. Hicks broke the all time rushing record which means he holds a record that a NFL player by Deangelo Williams had at one time. Then we have Mr. Jessop that created havoc for many of offenses. These guys work hard plus we have one other at linebacker just cant remember his name. I am just wondering why Coach M hasnt looked at them yet because our offense is very similar to his. Just wondering
One day soon, I see a National Championship Trophy in our Trophy Case........................

ricepig

Didn't Wynne run the Wing-T this year under their new coach?

razorjacket43

A version of it. It was a run base and from what Coach M has said he want to runthe ball. Trevon Hicks has soeed and vision. Forgive me if i spelled his first name wrong. They also threw the ball. He broke the all time rushing record over D.Williams and A.Warren. they played under the General Don C. Where you only ran the ball. I dont keeep up with all the offensive versions out there. I just know these three guys have heart and are athletic. Each made first or second all team in their confrences. I think some of the players from the 5a and down get overlooked.
One day soon, I see a National Championship Trophy in our Trophy Case........................

HogCzar1

Coach Campbell is a great guy. He remembers games from the 70's, and players back from junior high days. He cares for his players, and they respect him to the max. He is an Arkansas legend.

31to6

razorjacket43

I played for the General and pray for him all the time. He was the best at what he did. I remember running the same trap play all the time. If you said you could stop it he would prove you wrong. He is a great person and role model. Wasnt talking bad about him. I wished my son could have played for him js

mizzourazorback

I was wondering how log it would be until Logan Jessup name was brought up. He had a couple lower tier Division 1 offers last year as a junior. one heck of a TE last year until her broke his leg. I know Mizzou and Arkansas had him on there radar and invited him to camps over the summer. He would be a great steal for any team. 

ricepig

Quote from: mizzourazorback on December 29, 2017, 12:57:03 pm
I was wondering how log it would be until Logan Jessup name was brought up. He had a couple lower tier Division 1 offers last year as a junior. one heck of a TE last year until her broke his leg. I know Mizzou and Arkansas had him on there radar and invited him to camps over the summer. He would be a great steal for any team. 

I don't think Arkansas has room for him, unless some other offers fall through. It's a small class, so unless he's willing to walkon, or potentially get a blue shirt offer, it would be a numbers crunch.

mizzourazorback

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2017, 01:38:04 pm
I don't think Arkansas has room for him, unless some other offers fall through. It's a small class, so unless he's willing to walkon, or potentially get a blue shirt offer, it would be a numbers crunch.

The last I heard was that Arkansas was wanting him to be a walk on. I will look at see if I can find that article.

HogInThaGrove

Arkansas wants him to walk on and talked of potential gray shirt.  Marterious Daniel is the other player, a linebacker.  They are all 3 great players and good kids.  Ta'Von was an Arkansas target in 9th grade but broke his leg in a game that year and lost just a small bit of speed.  Probably went from potential high 4.4/4.5's to around 4.6/4.7 or so in the 40. Still fast just not elite speed, but he has fantastic vision though, always falls forward, and is solid as a rock.  The weight program at Wynne is 2nd to none and they have the state weight lifting championships to prove it.  Both Ta'Von and Jessup were power cleaning over 300 as 9th graders. 

Edit:  Ta'Von went to Arkansas camp between his 8th and 9th grade year and the Arkansas coaches thought he was an 11th grader.  Soon as they were told he was going in to 9th they asked for his contact info.  If he hadn't broken his leg, I believe he'd be a surefire D-1 back and is borderline that anyway.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on December 29, 2017, 04:30:49 pm
Arkansas wants him to walk on and talked of potential gray shirt.  Marterious Daniel is the other player, a linebacker.  They are all 3 great players and good kids.  Ta'Von was an Arkansas target in 9th grade but broke his leg in a game that year and lost just a small bit of speed.  Probably went from potential high 4.4/4.5's to around 4.6/4.7 or so in the 40. Still fast just not elite speed, but he has fantastic vision though, always falls forward, and is solid as a rock.  The weight program at Wynne is 2nd to none and they have the state weight lifting championships to prove it.  Both Ta'Von and Jessup were power cleaning over 300 as 9th graders. 

Edit:  Ta'Von went to Arkansas camp between his 8th and 9th grade year and the Arkansas coaches thought he was an 11th grader.  Soon as they were told he was going in to 9th they asked for his contact info.  If he hadn't broken his leg, I believe he'd be a surefire D-1 back and is borderline that anyway.

I am sure Lunney knows them but just in case you should contact him. 

RD

Quote from: razorjacket43 on December 29, 2017, 12:49:37 pm
I played for the General and pray for him all the time. He was the best at what he did. I remember running the same trap play all the time. If you said you could stop it he would prove you wrong. He is a great person and role model. Wasnt talking bad about him. I wished my son could have played for him js
love listening to "The General" on scoreboard show "Coach how many passes tonight?" "Well we threw two one of them was bad"

NotSoFastMyFriend

Logan is the only FBS senior on Wynne's roster.

Pig in the Pokey

Anybody running 1940s offenses isnt doing their kids any favors. we wont sign kids from schools like that very often. Dude needs to get w/ the program and switch to the spread.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli