Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jax Gasaway (ASU lean)

Started by Piginablankie, December 29, 2017, 07:58:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Piginablankie

Does anybody know anything about him? Does he not have an offer from us or anybody else? All I see is the 100% prediction for Arkansas.

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Jax-Gasaway-at-Star-City-181385/CurrentExpertPredictions

scooby21322

AirWarren

Quote from: Piginablankie on December 29, 2017, 07:58:36 am
Does anybody know anything about him? Does he not have an offer from us or anybody else? All I see is the 100% prediction for Arkansas.

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Jax-Gasaway-at-Star-City-181385/CurrentExpertPredictions

Seen him play a couple of times. Good sized kid.

cc

La Tech, ASU, Monroe, Air Force, and a few other offers.  He has the frame to be prototypical tackle but just needs to put on the right weight under an actual strength coach. Would be a great surprise if he did not commit if offered.  He would love to play with Austin and has been a Hog fan since birth.

hoggusamoungus

From his HS coach.

McGhee believes Gasaway would flourish after a redshirt year at Arkansas.

"I firmly believe he could be an All-SEC type left tackle in two or three years," McGhee said. "He's that smart, he's that fast, quick feet, quick hands, long, long arms, Everything you look for in a left tackle."

snf6278

Didn't the previous staff offer him as a preferred walk-on?

Pig in the Pokey

This kid is a diamond in the rough. He'll end up being an all-sec tackle. Better than Luke Jones.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Piginablankie

Thanks for the info guys 👍

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Piginablankie on December 29, 2017, 10:14:33 am
Thanks for the info guys 👍
np. from Wholehog-

Wanting to be a Hog

Star City offensive tackle Jax Gasaway heard from Arkansas' Dustin Fry via Twitter on Wednesday and is looking forward to further communication.

While nothing has been officially announced, Fry, who coached the offensive line at SMU under Arkansas Coach Chad Morris, appears to be in line for the same job in Fayetteville.

Gasaway, 6-7, 275, has 11 scholarship offers, including Arkansas State University, Louisiana Tech, Texas State, Marshall, Louisiana-Monroe and others. Star City assistant coach Sam McGhee believes Gasaway has the tools and attitude to develop into a SEC lineman.

"He's dedicated, he's a hard working kid, he's fiery, that's one thing I like about him," McGhee said. "He's really aggressive. He will get after your rear end."

Gasaway was named to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette All-Arkansas Preps first team after grading out at 94 percent on the offensive line and recording 67 tackles -- 22 for loss -- 5 sacks, 12 passes knocked down, 2 forced fumbles and 4 recovered fumbles on defense.

"That kid wants to be a Razorback so bad," McGhee said.

"I firmly believe he could be an All-SEC type left tackle in two or three years," McGhee said. "He's that smart, he's that fast, quick feet, quick hands, long, long arms, Everything you look for in a left tackle."
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

jackflash

cc

Quote from: snf6278 on December 29, 2017, 09:50:20 am

yes they did.  He's been on campus several times.  Went up with Austin Capps several times.  His uncle was a great receiver for UAM and dad played O-line there.

cypress rock

Pretty sure his dad was a tight end at UAM. Both good guys and great athletes.

cc

Quote from: cypress rock on December 29, 2017, 11:04:06 am
Pretty sure his dad was a tight end at UAM. Both good guys and great athletes.

His dad is older than me but he said he played O-line.  His dad was unreal strong.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: cc on December 29, 2017, 11:07:27 am
His dad is older than me but he said he played O-line.  His dad was unreal strong.

I think his dad's cousin Byron was the TE. 

RyeHogFan

He could be a good one. Sometimes the motivational side of playing for your home state pushes a kid to play better than a higher ranked out of state recruit.

Earth Hog Fan

Quote from: snf6278 on December 29, 2017, 09:50:20 am

Yes, he was offered a preferred Walk-on by the previous staff.
I had never heard of Musselman. But he's a teacher, demands discipline and builds from the defensive end first. I want our football coach to be just like him."

Piggfoot

Quote from: Earth Hog Fan on December 29, 2017, 06:33:58 pm
Yes, he was offered a preferred Walk-on by the previous staff.
Bielema played his walk on game. Wanted to add to his so called walkon lore. Glad he's gone.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 29, 2017, 10:13:10 am
This kid is a diamond in the rough. He'll end up being an all-sec tackle. Better than Luke Jones.

I believe this as well.  I figured his measureables were incorrect or he was slow as molasses as why he hadn't got any P5 offers.

I prefer a leaner kid out of HS that you can build up over a porkchop. I've talked about the double chin to adams apple ratio of the Arkansas roster compared to other SEC schools.  We've had slow doughy soft athletes and you very rarely see any of those at the next level.  Gasaway looks to be a leanish 6'6-6'7.  He's got a frame that can be built on and developed into quality player.  Hope he gets a chance to be a hog b/c his coach makes it sound like he'd be motivated as heck.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: AP85 on December 29, 2017, 09:16:03 am

You did not, in fact, seen him play.  You could say, "I saw him play a couple of times" and that statement would be true.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Very long and athletic. Worth a schollie.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on December 29, 2017, 09:41:30 am
From his HS coach.

Boom..! This is what listening to coaches and not lecturing them will do. I had no idea the issues that CBB had created for himself with his arrogance. The players on the field appear to have felt like they "Made It" just by getting to campus. There's confidence, and then there's arrogance." Pride cometh before the fall"...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

BirmingHam

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on December 30, 2017, 12:16:59 am
You did not, in fact, seen him play.  You could say, "I saw him play a couple of times" and that statement would be true.

I seen what you did there....

SultanofSwine

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: AP85 on December 29, 2017, 09:16:03 am

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on December 30, 2017, 12:16:59 am

Quote from: BirmingHam on December 30, 2017, 11:31:57 am
I seen what you did there....

Quote from: SultanofSwine on December 30, 2017, 06:36:54 pm
I dun seent it to.

I was going to chime in on the weight of this particular grammatical sin, but to me it's not as bad as; "Are guy's want hit that hard" or "To many people are two scared too walk down the streets at night"... At least the original post is more an issue of common vernacular than an outright case of wanton dumbassery...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

ImHogginIt

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 30, 2017, 07:12:48 pm
I was going to chime in on the weight of this particular grammatical sin, but to me it's not as bad as; "Are guy's want hit that hard" or "To many people are two scared too walk down the streets at night"... At least the original post is more an issue of common vernacular than an outright case of wanton dumbassery...

The one that makes me want to take a razor and make superficial cuts to my arm is " I have tickets for sell "

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 30, 2017, 07:17:30 pm
The one that makes me want to take a razor and make superficial cuts to my arm is " I have tickets for sell "

What if I sail them own the internet?

ricepig

I sea you have a problem........

Bubba's Bruisers

It's supposebly a mute point.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawgwash

I only sale my tickets if I think we're going to loose.

lumphog

Can yall get back on tract an tail me moore about this fooseball player ?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 30, 2017, 07:43:50 pm

That won is deeper then eye first thought... Genius level.

ImHogginIt

Highway Hog Sign

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 29, 2017, 09:31:27 pm
Bielema played his walk on game. Wanted to add to his so called walkon lore. Glad he's gone.
Is this why we have so few open scholarships? Looking back at previous classes, none of them are abnormally large. Has he awarded a lot of scholarships to players who had initially walked on?
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

Highway Hog Sign

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 29, 2017, 10:21:15 am
np. from Wholehog-

Wanting to be a Hog

Star City offensive tackle Jax Gasaway heard from Arkansas' Dustin Fry via Twitter on Wednesday and is looking forward to further communication.

While nothing has been officially announced, Fry, who coached the offensive line at SMU under Arkansas Coach Chad Morris, appears to be in line for the same job in Fayetteville.

Gasaway, 6-7, 275, has 11 scholarship offers, including Arkansas State University, Louisiana Tech, Texas State, Marshall, Louisiana-Monroe and others. Star City assistant coach Sam McGhee believes Gasaway has the tools and attitude to develop into a SEC lineman.

"He's dedicated, he's a hard working kid, he's fiery, that's one thing I like about him," McGhee said. "He's really aggressive. He will get after your rear end."

Gasaway was named to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette All-Arkansas Preps first team after grading out at 94 percent on the offensive line and recording 67 tackles -- 22 for loss -- 5 sacks, 12 passes knocked down, 2 forced fumbles and 4 recovered fumbles on defense.

"That kid wants to be a Razorback so bad," McGhee said.

I love seeing the Hogs recruiting (and hopefully signing) kids like this from AR. Star ratings aren't everything!
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Piginablankie on December 29, 2017, 07:58:36 am

I think the new coaches have offered or will offer.  I am not sure if they would have until Jones recommitted.

BirmingHam

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 30, 2017, 07:43:50 pm

I got you're point and I half hidden it where you cant' find it

Razorbacker79

Quote from: cc on December 29, 2017, 11:07:27 am
Who is his Dad?  In Star City he is bound to be a not too distant cousin of mine, just not sure which is his branch of the family tree.  Please PM me if he would rather not have his name posted.  And, BTW, being unreal strong runs in the family. ;D
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

searkhogfan

Quote from: Razorbacker79 on January 01, 2018, 10:11:17 am
Who is his Dad?  In Star City he is bound to be a not too distant cousin of mine, just not sure which is his branch of the family tree.  Please PM me if he would rather not have his name posted.  And, BTW, being unreal strong runs in the family. ;D

Greg,  his uncle Lance was a All Time great at UAM as a receiver

cc

Quote from: searkhogfan on January 01, 2018, 11:28:19 am
Greg,  his uncle Lance was a All Time great at UAM as a receiver

^^

cc

I'm related on his mom's side. Being around Austin Capps for two more years would be great for him.  That group of kids two years ago from SC AC, Blake Wynn and Austin Powell both playing baseball at A State, and Sam Jackson down at SAU will prob not happen again for a long time.  Not just the athletic ability but as young men as well.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Highway Hog Sign on December 31, 2017, 09:28:24 am
I love seeing the Hogs recruiting (and hopefully signing) kids like this from AR. Star ratings aren't everything!
Star ratings aren't everything but I saw it pointed out elsewhere that he is a 247 and Rivals 3* and has a higher rating than one of the out-of-state OT the staff was looking at.

Highway Hog Sign

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on January 01, 2018, 03:34:34 pm
Star ratings aren't everything but I saw it pointed out elsewhere that he is a 247 and Rivals 3* and has a higher rating than one of the out-of-state OT the staff was looking at.
Yes, his composite rating at 247 Sports is higher than Ryan Winkel, the OL from Memphis.  It's also higher than signee Silas Robinson, (lower than comit Noah Gatlin though).