Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can we please hire better radio announcers

Started by 3of5-2, December 16, 2017, 08:03:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CrashHog

I think radio needs something that makes you want to listen to the broadcast instead of the TV announcers.  Paul had that...we all wanted to hear "Oh My".  I think Coach Z is great and he provides that something different that makes people want to hear his commentary.

NWAHog479

Blake Eddins and Pat Bradley would be ideal, but they both already have jobs... Coach Z is entertaining at least. Manny & Kikko would be cool too.

hogsanity

Quote from: NWAHog479 on December 18, 2017, 09:09:31 am
Coach Z is entertaining at least.

All he is doing is saying the same crap every coach everywhere says about their team and how they are getting robbed by the refs. I swear coaches must all go to the same class and learn the same mannerisms and whiney phrases.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Next1_04

Quote from: 3of5-2 on December 16, 2017, 08:37:20 pm
Tell your dad that his voice is cringe worthy.

Coach Z was my AAU coach. Stand up guy, extreme to the max even as a low high school level AAU coach. He bleeds Razorback Red and you can hear it in his voice. Ill take that over any ESPN garbage who never has anything good to say any day of the week.

East Clintwood

I'm not a baseball fan so I've never heard Chucky do baseball games but I've seen a lot of comments that he does a good job.

I have, however, heard him do both football and basketball and he absolutely sucks at both.  He's so bad I refuse to even tune in the games anymore.  Thankfully, most are televised now.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

hogsanity

IF my choice is listen to the radio or not know how the game goes, I will just have to find out later, that is how much I can not stand Zimmerman. I would rather listen to Beth Mowins and Andre Ware call a NAIA football game between 2 teams that are 0-10 than listen to anything where I might possible even hear one sentence from Zimmerman.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

elksnort

I am sure many of you have seen the movie "Best in show"? Great funny movie.

I think of Fred Willard doing the color commentary at the dog show.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsanity

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 18, 2017, 02:15:19 pm
They are better that Walton .

I'd listen to Walton ramble all day long over Zimmerman.

Tusker4life

I tune in check the score and listen for short periods.
Just can't stand the broadcast. TV games I can enjoy if they are other announcers.

Quote from: hogsanity on December 18, 2017, 11:26:38 am
IF my choice is listen to the radio or not know how the game goes, I will just have to find out later, that is how much I can not stand Zimmerman. I would rather listen to Beth Mowins and Andre Ware call a NAIA football game between 2 teams that are 0-10 than listen to anything where I might possible even hear one sentence from Zimmerman.
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

Bacons Rebellion

This was the first game I had listened to on the radio since we played Bucknell in the NCCAT.

I thought Barret did a good job. Basketball play-by-play is hard to do. Much harder, I think, than baseball or football.

I didn't know who was doing the color -- just found out in this thread. He was a bit annoying at times, but he was okay. Obviously he doesn't have as much experience as Chuck Barrett.  I did like it when he got on the refs. That was a nice homer approach for a homer radio network. And if the announcer doesn't tell you the call stunk, you have know way to know just listening.

phadedhawg

Chuck does a fine job.  He's in a tough position in football and basketball.  In both sports he's following legends who called games for years.  Mike and Rick were an amazing duo.  Paul Eels was one of the most loved men in the entire state.  Chuck is a okay as far as I'm concerned.

Lots of schools have it much worse and even NFL teams don't have as good play by play.  We all love Steve Raible in Seattle, and he will always be a legend and the man who called our Super Bowl victory but he can't hold a candle to Chuck when it comes to getting lots of information passed on to the listener.   I have to keep track of where the ball should be on the field because he often forgets to mention it. 

Chuck always gives you the important facts so you can follow along better.