Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We aren't hiring Norvell

Started by Rudy Baylor, November 27, 2017, 01:07:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Baylor

I don't have a link.

It's over on Norvell. Okay folks?

It's. Not. Happening.

I like him too. Great young coach. But he's too young. He's too unproven.

Grizzlyfan

jcbville

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

SPAL

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Rudy Baylor

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

jkstock04

Excellent idea for starting a thread! Very informative and thought provoking. I give it 10 min or less before it's moved to the coaching search forum.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Rudy Baylor

my brother is a Memphis grad

my uncle went to grad school at Ole Miss

elksnort

I am asking this as a serious non sarcastic, nor trolling comment.

How is it some who post are so certain what they post?

Rudy Baylor posts with such certainty. Not singling him out. Many others do the same.

How do you KNOW?

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 27, 2017, 01:12:00 pm
Excellent idea for starting a thread! Very informative and thought provoking. I give it 10 min or less before it's moved to the coaching search forum.

that'll work

Con el Cerdos

No Gus, no Norvell . . . you won't see me shedding any tears over losing out on either.

GuvHog

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 01:07:39 pm
I don't have a link.

It's. Not. Happening.

Sorry Rudy, he's still in play whether you like it or not.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

imtad16

I don't have a link.

It's. Not. Happening.

Is this because you have more recent info from a source than Memphis people reports, Barrett Sallee report, and others that say the initial reports weren't true?

jkstock04

Quote from: elksnort on November 27, 2017, 01:12:32 pm

Rudy Baylor posts with such certainty. Not singling him out. Many others do the same.

How do you KNOW?
99% of people don't. They give opinions off as facts. Such is the way of the internet.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ricepig

How do you KNOW?

Because he has about 15 duplicate accounts and doesn't have to worry about any repercussions, lol.....

Rudy Baylor

How do you KNOW?

I have no answer for that question at this particular time

COCHISE

tigers68

There's a thought out there that Mississippi State would like Mike Norvell (edit)

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 01:14:39 pm
I have no answer for that question at this particular time

You have have no reason for certainty..yet you give certain statements...? Hmmm...makes sense...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

ricepig

Quote from: tigers68 on November 27, 2017, 01:15:56 pm
There's a thought out there that Mississippi State would like Jay Norvell

He tore it up at Nevada this year.........

imtad16

Quote from: tigers68 on November 27, 2017, 01:15:56 pm
There's a thought out there that Mississippi State would like Jay Norvell

Do you mean Mike Norvell?

Or Jay Norvell the former WR coach and current HC at Nevada that went 3-9 this season?

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on November 27, 2017, 01:14:19 pm
Because he has about 15 duplicate accounts and doesn't have to worry about any repercussions, lol.....
I have kept the same log on name since I started on this board in 2006. Heck, I would not even know how to change it.

Maybe I take things too seriously, but if you don't really know, then post accordingly or better yet, don't post at all.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 27, 2017, 01:13:55 pm
99% of people don't. They give opinions off as facts. Such is the way of the internet.

for one, his asst coaching staff has the experience of a collection of SEC "part time analyst coaches" and/or literally Sun Belt level.

It's working for Memphis. I get that. But his asst coaching staff is unacceptable. That's not Mike Norvell's fault. He's a young guy. Those are his guys. Cool. But we rightly fired CBB because of a collection of Assistants to the Assistants from NFL teams. Another staff of graduate assistants we're not doing.

It's not happening.

ballz2thewall

supposedly ole miss didn't want norvell because "a red flag was raised by something in his background".

that "red flag" was unexplained. memphis message boards say the "rumor" is the red flag is gambling.

that's what they say......

edit: norvell is a pick that i'd take in a minute.
The rest of the frog.

imtad16

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 01:19:26 pm
for one, his asst coaching staff has the experience of a collection of SEC "part time analyst coaches" and/or literally Sun Belt level.

It's working for Memphis. I get that. But his asst coaching staff is unacceptable. That's not Mike Norvell's fault. He's a young guy. Those are his guys. Cool. But we rightly fired CBB because of a collection of Assistants to the Assistants from NFL teams. Another staff of graduate assistants we're not doing.

It's not happening.

Oh I see. You just don't want him. The OP made it sounded as if you knew something.

COACHINTEXAS

Good, don't think he's proven anything yet like most do here. I don't get it!!!! If a proven coach like Bielema can't do it, I doubt he would. Need someone with deep Texas ties!!!!
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

elksnort

It's not happening.
Well, you might not know it for a fact, but I will applaud you for providing some very sound reasons.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: elksnort on November 27, 2017, 01:19:17 pm

Maybe I take things too seriously, but if you don't really know, then post accordingly or better yet, don't post at all.

I agree with you in spirit. But when you post many times that the guy has not even close to what could become an SEC level quality staff, even with growth within a couple of years, and folks refuse to listen, then they need their bells rung.

Hugo Bezdek

It's not happening.

Are these your concerns, or the concerns of the decision makers? Personally I agree.

ricepig

Quote from: COACHINTEXAS on November 27, 2017, 01:21:24 pm
Good, don't think he's proven anything yet like most do here. I don't get it!!!! If a proven coach like Bielema can't do it, I doubt he would. Need someone with deep Texas ties!!!!

Texass sucks!

pigz

But proven also?
You guys have a good time frig dancing

greenEGnHAWGS

It's not happening.

He's not coming to Arkansas cuz his assistants at Memphis suck...? Am I missing something?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Iwastherein1969

If we're going to go through all the BS as is per usual at the UA, I'd just as soon keep the phat man and fire every assistant except Enos.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

elksnort

I agree that Arkansas has a history of recruiting in Texas and probably still should.

But seriously, how is the defensive talent in Texas high school football these days?

jkstock04

It's not happening.
About 15 years ago Gus was coaching high school in Arkansas. "Never gonna happen" is probably the only thing he's heard his entire life by folks like yourself lol.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Billy Bats

Last coach we had was "proven". 

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: elksnort on November 27, 2017, 01:22:01 pm
Well, you might not know it for a fact, but I will applaud you for providing some very sound reasons.

If you're interviewing him, you're going to ask who his staff would be. What will his answers be? Will he stammer and stutter? Then he won't get the job. Will he reel off a collection of stalwart SEC veterans that he "knows"? No, because he doesn't know any except in passing from the coaching convention each year.

What's he going to say? The answer would be that he's bringing his current staff.

That answer would be unacceptable.

cjack

Haha.  Rudy Baylor knows as much as his puppet avatar does
Woooo Pig Soooie!

jkstock04

Gaaaaahh, when people post a long winded link and make the fonts tiny and long makes thread almost unreadable. I'm out.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on November 27, 2017, 01:23:22 pm
Are these your concerns, or the concerns of the decision makers? Personally I agree.

I don't know. If it's not the concerns of the decision makers, we need new decision makers.

elksnort

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 01:25:40 pm
If you're interviewing him, you're going to ask who his staff would be. What will his answers be? Will he stammer and stutter? Then he won't get the job. Will he reel off a collection of stalwart SEC veterans that he "knows"? No, because he doesn't know any except in passing from the coaching convention each year.

What's he going to say? The answer would be that he's bringing his current staff.

I am not so easily swayed, but you make some a good point. I guess my philosophy major side tends to question certainty.

1highhog

I don't have a link.

It's. Not. Happening.

He's in play, your info is leading you a stray.

Rudy Baylor

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 01:25:40 pm

I asking because I don't know. But do most coaches rattle off their entire list of assistants during the interview?

I figured they'd be hired for their own personal abilities, get hired, look at the current staff, review and replace as needed.

cjack

This needs trashed.  People read the headline thinking something has been decided but find out it's just another no name poster that knows as much as I do.  It worked on me, though.  Got me to read and comment.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 27, 2017, 01:24:34 pm
About 15 years ago Gus was coaching high school in Arkansas. "Never gonna happen" is probably the only thing he's heard his entire life by folks like yourself lol.

none of what you just wrote has any relevance to this November/December coaching search