Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You’re about to hear

Started by Hawg Life, November 25, 2017, 06:24:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Life

That Norvell was our 1st and only coach offered the job. If Arkansas is really Gus dream job he should say that at his press conference after the game. We got SEXTONED!!!

Arkansas Fan

You think Norvell was watching the Iron Bowl?

bphi11ips

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 25, 2017, 06:24:02 pm
That Norvell was our 1st and only coach offered the job. If Arkansas is really Gus dream job he should say that a his press conference after the game. We got SEXTONED!!

Yep. Sexton knew who would win today.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

JOKERHOG

I predict Norvell, Leach or Kiffin in that order.  Get one of them hired quickly and say they were our number 1 option all along.  Don't waste any time or we may get left out...
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Hawg Life

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 25, 2017, 06:30:49 pm
Yep. Sexton knew who would win today.

He was never going to leave. Sexton gets our thinking up and more money for Norvell.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 25, 2017, 06:37:12 pm
He was never going to leave. Sexton gets our thinking up and more money for Norvell.

I represent talent agents for a living. You have no clue what you're talking about. This myth is getting old.

Hawg Life

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 25, 2017, 06:52:03 pm
I represent talent agents for a living. You have no clue what you're talking about. This myth is getting old.

LOL!!  OK. You got me there!!!

Hawg Life

I negotiate contracts for a living, so I may know a little bit. I'm not a talent agent though.

Art Vandelay

So you're an agent for agents???

Hawg Life

Dropkick

He's a secret agent, lol. It's okay I'm an astronaut.

Arkansas Fan

I'm actually Gus Malzahn. I'm not coming.

Ironhawg

Guys I am trying very, very, very hard to believe that SOMEBODY at Arkansas is running the super secret playbook to get us the best coach for us.  The timing of the firing of Long is very troubling to me unless he refused to fire Bielema, but we don't know that is the case.  Julie Comer Peoples did her best at the press conference, but because of her relative inexperience, if she is running the coaching search I hold out no hope of a positive outcome.  I am beginning to think that this whole situation was in fact not well thought out, but was a knee jerk reaction by a bunch of power brokers looking to get even with Jeff and get rid of Bielema.  I desperately hope I am wrong.

Tony Perkis

Ironhawg

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 25, 2017, 06:37:12 pm

Sexton has a client named GM too.  He had Gus issue a non-denial denial today for obvious self interest to keep the pressure on Auburn.  What Sexton wants is an Auburn-Arkansas bidding war that Auburn probably wins but has the effect of running up the price on Norvell to Arkansas as well.

JONAS

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 25, 2017, 07:27:38 pm
Guys I am trying very, very, very hard to believe that SOMEBODY at Arkansas is running the super secret playbook to get us the best coach for us.  The timing of the firing of Long is very troubling to me unless he refused to fire Bielema, but we don't know that is the case.  Julie Comer Peoples did her best at the press conference, but because of her relative inexperience, if she is running the coaching search I hold out no hope of a positive outcome.  I am beginning to think that this whole situation was in fact not well thought out, but was a knee jerk reaction by a bunch of power brokers looking to get even with Jeff and get rid of Bielema.  I desperately hope I am wrong.

I'm starting to think the same thing.

JONAS

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 25, 2017, 07:51:18 pm
Sexton has a client named GM too.  He had Gus issue a non-denial denial today for obvious self interest to keep the pressure on Auburn.  What Sexton wants is an Auburn-Arkansas bidding war that Auburn probably wins but has the effect of running up the price on Norvell to Arkansas as well.

So screw both of them and hire someone else.

hogsfanchaz

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 25, 2017, 07:19:39 pm
I'm actually Gus Malzahn. I'm not coming.
So Gus, lots of people on this board say that you cannot develop a QB and that your QB has to be able to run so if that's the case how did you do so well with Mitch Mustain when he was your starting high school QB because he seemed developed and not a runner but a pocket passer. Inquiring minds would like to know.
The difficult we do immediately....the impossible takes a little longer!!!!

Scott7703

Word is Norvell is out. Arkansas moved on. Makes no sense to me.

HF#1

We didn't get Sexton'ed. Good god.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

JONAS

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 25, 2017, 08:04:10 pm

Is he going to Tennessee?

Arkansas Fan

Moved on for what reason?

If true...

Wild Bill Hog

Word is huh?  Whose word?

bphi11ips

Quote from: commonnonsense on November 25, 2017, 07:03:02 pm
So you're an agent for agents???

Sexton is a CAA agent. CAA agents answer the phone because that's all they need to do. 

Hogville Tin Foil Hats are an amazing bunch of morons.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: HF#1 on November 25, 2017, 08:04:17 pm

Auburn is the one getting Sexoned. Overpaying for something they already had and for most of the time they didn't want. Thinking Arkansas wanted him whether true or not just made them want him more. We got Sextoned with HDN.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ChicoHog

I hope that is wrong.  I'm really getting excited about him coming here.  If it's Leach I'm cancelling my donation and my buddy will cancel his season tickets that I use! 

goodguytex

There is going to be all kinds of different assorted various crap being invented, pulled out of thin air, whatever, until this is over and we have a new HC standing at the podium at the UofA . No way to know how long this process may take. It's just getting started. It's a mistake to assume any rumor is true or fact until we know for sure.

Hoggie17

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 25, 2017, 06:24:02 pm
That Norvell was our 1st and only coach offered the job. If Arkansas is really Gus dream job he should say that at his press conference after the game. We got SEXTONED!!!
The SEC will light up Norvell's defense, he has less that 2 years as a head coach and he is not proven yet.  He is a high risk, he may work out.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 25, 2017, 07:28:56 pm
Settle down. It'll be fine.

I want to believe this...but I also remember that was how everyone felt when the decision to retain JL Smith was made for "continuity" sake.   :(
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Art Vandelay

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 25, 2017, 08:09:34 pm
Sexton is a CAA agent. CAA agents answer the phone because that's all they need to do. 

Hogville Tin Foil Hats are an amazing bunch of morons.

Alright there keyboard tough guy.

You said you represent talent agents, so you're an agent for agents. I didn't know such a thing was needed and I don't care enough to search what a CAA agent is.

TriHog

I really hope the big dogs on the hill aren't that petty. You don't get to the level they have achieved by not having a plan; then again I've seen some goofy stuff when you get egos involved.

Hoggie17

The best coach right now is Lane Kiffin, he is high risk.  I haven't given up Gus Malzahn, Ga. May give Arkansas Football an Early Christmas.  I know they want Auburn again and it's hard to beat a good team twice in a season.

bphi11ips

Quote from: commonnonsense on November 25, 2017, 08:28:19 pm
Alright there keyboard tough guy.

You said you represent talent agents, so you're an agent for agents. I didn't know such a thing was needed and I don't care enough to search what a CAA agent is.

Yeah, buddy. I'm a big guy.

Here's the deal. Sexton is working this, but you and the rest of the amateurs think the master has spun a Malzahn webb. He's working Memphis right now based on Arkansas. If Arkansas or someone else bumps Memphis, cool.  He gets a commission either way and takes the next call.

Boardon Hamsay

The GOBN has been out of practice for a decade or so. Plus, they are a decade older. So, there's also the possibility the GOBN is more senile and out of practice.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

JONAS

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 25, 2017, 09:15:45 pm
The GOBN has been out of practice for a decade or so. Plus, they are a decade older. So, there's also the possibility the GOBN is more senile and out of practice.

Let's hope not.  At least not all of them.

Hawg Life

Quote from: HF#1 on November 25, 2017, 08:04:17 pm

How in the world can you figure that we didn't get SEXTONED? It's plain as day.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: TriHog on November 25, 2017, 08:29:40 pm
I really hope the big dogs on the hill aren't that petty. You don't get to the level they have achieved by not having a plan; then again I've seen some goofy stuff when you get egos involved.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Scott7703

Quote from: JONAS on November 25, 2017, 08:05:03 pm
Is he going to Tennessee?

From what I've heard Arkansas, Tennessee and ole miss have all moved on from him. He's been number 2 on my list the entire time and still wish we'd get him.

JONAS

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 25, 2017, 09:21:39 pm

From what I've heard Arkansas, Tennessee and ole miss have all moved on from him. He's been number 2 on my list the entire time and still wish we'd get him.

I don't think anyone is going to Ole Miss until the NCAA announces the sanctions.  They might keep Matt Luke.  I hope so.

Art Vandelay

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 25, 2017, 09:10:51 pm

Here's the deal. Sexton is working this, but you and the rest of the amateurs think the master has spun a Malzahn webb. He's working Memphis right now based on Arkansas. If Arkansas or someone else bumps Memphis, cool.  He gets a commission either way and takes the next call.

I never said anything about what I thought Sexton, Malzahn or Norvell are doing. I just found it interesting that you said you are an agent for agents, I mean I didn't know such a thing existed.

You're the one who started with the insults behind your big tough keyboard.

Hawg Life

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 25, 2017, 09:10:51 pm

Let's try this one more time. Sexton played Arkansas and a $6.5M per year was floated, so now Gus has a fall back in case things don't go his way. He "SEXTONED" us by floating that number and using our interest to boost Gus value. Average $$$$ are looked @ by AD's and agents, so by raising the salary pool that means more money for Norvell. The truth is the ONLY way Gus was coming was if he were fired, and Gus was nervous after the LSU game, so he put his agent to work.

bphi11ips

Quote from: commonnonsense on November 25, 2017, 09:25:41 pm
I never said anything about what I thought Sexton, Malzahn or Norvell are doing. I just found it interesting that you said you are an agent for agents, I mean I didn't know such a thing existed.

You're the one who started with the insults behind your big tough keyboard.

I'm a lawyer. I represent recording artists, songwriters, music producers, record labels, and just about every other sort of professional who works in the entertainment industry, including talent agents. I've also represented professional athletes and taught Sports Law in law school. 

Sexton is a partner in Creative Artists Agency. CAA agents don't spend all their time floating rumors. Maybe you caught the brunt of my frustration over ten years of Hogville nonsense on Malzahn.

HogCzar1

Not what I have heard. At all.

Hawg Life

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 25, 2017, 09:33:52 pm
I'm a lawyer. I represent recording artists, songwriters, music producers, record labels, and just about every other sort of professional who works in the entertainment industry, including talent agents. I've also represented professional athletes and taught Sports Law in law school. 

Sexton is a partner in Creative Artists Agency. CAA agents don't spend all their time floating rumors. Maybe you caught the brunt of my frustration over ten years of Hogville nonsense on Malzahn.

Are you related to Sam Phillips? Sports agents live off of rumors especially when it comes to coaches. The game has definitely changed with all the network money.

Art Vandelay

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 25, 2017, 09:33:52 pm

Thanks for the explanation, that makes more sense now.

Wouldn't it benefit Sexton to float some rumors though?  The impression I get of him is that he'd push his own grandmother down to grab another dollar.

Hawg Life

Not what I've heard.. please feel free to PM. I've seen some question Scott he's a solid guy who has a previous relationship with Norvell. He's solid.

HAM ELLIOT

If you say, it MUST be true...

SlickWilly

Tell us more plz.