• 385,075 Topics
• 21,566 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beverly clowning on Ball  (Read 2656 times)

JayHog

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

hogwood

• Hogvillian
  • Just Chillin' Like A Villain
Re: Beverly clowning on Ball
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 08:40:26 am »

Although he doesn't always talk about being a Razorback - PB is pure Hog! Love this guy. He'd fit right in with Daryl Macon and Jaylen Barford.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

greenEGnHAWGS

• Senior
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 09:46:35 am »

Was fun watching him shutting Ball down and picking his pocket all night. I just wish theyíd get that camera out of LaVarís face. Heís only relevant cuz ESPN keeps giving him free publicity.

1highhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • 1964, the year of the hog.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 10:46:01 am »

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21086902/lavar-ball-fires-back-patrick-beverley-presumed-shot-lonzo-ball

The above is a good story to read, also read the comments, alot of people really like Beverley in the NBA community.

311Hog

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 10:48:33 am »

Not sure where LaVar has been but Beverly is a house hold name in the NBA, his son is famous for the stupid things his dad says...

Hawg Red

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 10:52:06 am »

Not sure where LaVar has been but Beverly is a house hold name in the NBA, his son is famous for the stupid things his dad says...

Weeellllll, his son was also a First-Team All-American as a freshman and led the NCAA in assists (also broke UCLA (!!!) single-season record for assists). You're selling Lonzo *just a little* short there. Perhaps as short as LaVar was selling Pat.

Breems

• Gold Hogvillian
  • They grow up so fast
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 11:23:56 am »

Things like this make sports fun.

The silver lining for Lonzo is he won't face that level of defense very often.

311Hog

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 12:08:24 pm »

Weeellllll, his son was also a First-Team All-American as a freshman and led the NCAA in assists (also broke UCLA (!!!) single-season record for assists). You're selling Lonzo *just a little* short there. Perhaps as short as LaVar was selling Pat.

I am not saying he isn't a good basketball player, but one did it all nba 1 st team defense the others stats are in college, huge gulf inbetween those things.

This is more in the vein of some American's ideology though that "richer is better".  Because i am sure Ball is richer than Beverly or at least his Dad thinks/trying to portray that he is.

riccoar

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Serving Hogville since 11-08-03
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 12:34:12 pm »

I think Patrick's having a hard time holding those alligators down.  Straight clowned LaVar and Lonzo.

riccoar

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Serving Hogville since 11-08-03

daprospecta

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 01:22:42 pm »

I never realized how small Lonzo was until I watched him against starters last night.  I think he will be good but he has got to get bigger.  Jason Kidd had size and I think that was one of the contributing factors of him being as good as he was.

Hawg Red

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 02:09:00 pm »

I am not saying he isn't a good basketball player, but one did it all nba 1 st team defense the others stats are in college, huge gulf inbetween those things.

This is more in the vein of some American's ideology though that "richer is better".  Because i am sure Ball is richer than Beverly or at least his Dad thinks/trying to portray that he is.

How good Beverley is has nothing to do with claiming Lonzo is only known for the stupid things his dad says (ironic).

311Hog

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 02:21:12 pm »

How good Beverley is has nothing to do with claiming Lonzo is only known for the stupid things his dad says (ironic).

It does.  Dude's dad tried to shout Beverley down because he wasn't a lottery pick, probably doesn't have a multi million dollar shoe deal, and surely didnt when he first came into the league.  But i am sure Beverly is now doing quiet well financially, and Lonzo is a rookie with no NBA accomplishment behind him except his dad talking trash. Sure he had a good freshman year at UCLA but that means almost nothing in terms of NBA accomplishment especially when you put it up against Beverly's resume.

HamIAm

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 02:52:46 pm »

LOL at that CJ Fogler tweet:   
Snoop on Lonzo: "His father put him in a lion's den with some pork chop drawers on"

Sed76

• Hogvillian
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 02:56:22 pm »

Gonna be a long year for Lonzo thanks to his old man's mouth. Kid is going to have a target on his back every game.

Birminghog

• Ludwig calls the Hogs at Hogville.net
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 03:00:56 pm »

The dad is a user. The kid needs to separate himself from the dad ASAP.

HogFoo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 03:07:33 pm »

Man i love Pats intensity.  I wish somehow Mike could get him in for a big game.  Say like when UK came or something like that.  Or even try to get Joe Johnson in for a game.  Lavar Balls big mouth is writing checks his son's ass can't cash!   And then they are trying to make some UGLYass shoe and pawn it off for $1000 for a weak wannabe generic shoe?  Lots don't like this kid because of his dad.  I'm sure the son wishes his dad would shut up.

311Hog

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 03:19:53 pm »

i mean i get it, his Dad can't back up or back down now. When keepin it real goes wrong...

sickboy

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 03:38:17 pm »

I never realized how small Lonzo was until I watched him against starters last night.  I think he will be good but he has got to get bigger.  Jason Kidd had size and I think that was one of the contributing factors of him being as good as he was.

I thought the same thing. Dude is thin. When Patrick Beverly chest bumps you and you go rolling across the floor, you need meat on your bones.

Ball is a really good rebounder and pass though. If he can get bigger and more aggressive on the scoring side, he's going to be a really good player.

greenEGnHAWGS

• Senior
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 05:48:04 pm »

No doubt...but you responded to the phrase ď...Longo is famous because of his dad...Ē which is 100% true. Had he had a dad that was normal and didnít try to steal the show everywhere he went, Lonzo would be just like all the other rookies that are coming into the league.

alohawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2017, 12:29:15 am »

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21086902/lavar-ball-fires-back-patrick-beverley-presumed-shot-lonzo-ball

The above is a good story to read, also read the comments, alot of people really like Beverley in the NBA community.

This one had me rolling.

Matt Ferrera Plymouth North High School
"Patrick Beverly would be the player who figuratively gave your son a wedgie, stuffed him in a locker, and took his lunch money last night."

Hawg Red

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2017, 07:14:27 am »

No doubt...but you responded to the phrase ď...Longo is famous because of his dad...Ē which is 100% true. Had he had a dad that was normal and didnít try to steal the show everywhere he went, Lonzo would be just like all the other rookies that are coming into the league.

He still would have been an All-American as a freshman, led the NCAA in assists as a freshman, set the single-season record for assists as a freshman and been the #2 overall pick in the draft. These are all things that draw attention to a player and none of them had a thing to do with his loud-mouth dad.

Would he be *as* famous, no. Of course not. But weíre talking about a kid who went #2 overall in a draft class people have been talking about for a couple years. He would be ďfamousĒ the same way a player like Malik Monk is famous outside of Arkansas ó by being a good basketball player on a big time program.

Hawg Red

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2017, 07:25:13 am »

It does.  Dude's dad tried to shout Beverley down because he wasn't a lottery pick, probably doesn't have a multi million dollar shoe deal, and surely didnt when he first came into the league.  But i am sure Beverly is now doing quiet well financially, and Lonzo is a rookie with no NBA accomplishment behind him except his dad talking trash. Sure he had a good freshman year at UCLA but that means almost nothing in terms of NBA accomplishment especially when you put it up against Beverly's resume.

So....you are saying players canít become known on a national level because of their accomplishments in college? Hmm. So college football isnít popular? NCAA tournament not popular?

Youíve twisted this into what each player as accomplished (nevermind that Lonzo has only had the opportunity to play two real NBA games, and came an assist away from a triple double in his second game). That wasnít what drew my response here. People like you are unable to separate Lonzo Ball from his father.

hobhog

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2017, 08:21:03 am »

His dad causes me to hope he fails.....be fun to watch

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2017, 08:54:15 am »

Well, he bounced back last night:

29 pts, 11 rebounds, 9 assists.

Most points in a players first road game since........Ron Brewer.

HawgsPolo

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2017, 09:37:31 am »

Well, he bounced back last night:

29 pts, 11 rebounds, 9 assists.

Most points in a players first road game since........Ron Brewer.

Most definitely

Hawg Red

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2017, 10:47:44 am »

His dad causes me to hope he fails.....be fun to watch

That makes you a sad, little person. His dad should only cause you to think negatively of his dad.

JayHog

• Varsity
Daddy Ball still talking about Beverley
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2017, 01:53:32 pm »

http://brobible.com/sports/article/lavar-ball-patrick-beverley-lonzo-2/

Hahaha. Beverley really got in his head if he is still talking about him even after theyíve played a whole different team (the Suns).

JayHog

• Varsity
Re: Daddy Ball still talking about Beverley
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2017, 01:55:17 pm »

http://brobible.com/sports/article/lavar-ball-patrick-beverley-lonzo-2/

Hahaha. Daddy Ball STILL talking about Beverley! Beverley really got in his head if he is still talking about him even after theyíve played a whole different team (the Suns).

greenEGnHAWGS

• Senior
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2017, 10:42:19 pm »

He still would have been an All-American as a freshman, led the NCAA in assists as a freshman, set the single-season record for assists as a freshman and been the #2 overall pick in the draft. These are all things that draw attention to a player and none of them had a thing to do with his loud-mouth dad.

Would he be *as* famous, no. Of course not. But weíre talking about a kid who went #2 overall in a draft class people have been talking about for a couple years. He would be ďfamousĒ the same way a player like Malik Monk is famous outside of Arkansas ó by being a good basketball player on a big time program.

No doubt. He had a lot of accomplishments as a college player. I'm not arguing that.

But where are the every day ESPN articles about Fultz? Who does everyone ask questions about...Fox? How many extremely talented top 5 players in the draft get breaking news lines on TV every time they eat a taco?

None.

Lonzo has 3 articles on ESPN right now...and 2 of the 3 are basically "Lonzo tweets a rap song" and "Who hates Lonzo?" Why? Cuz of his loudmouth dad. Nothing else. Yes. He had a great college career...but cmon. Don't be naive here. The Balls are polarizing. You either love them or hate them, which makes for great journalism. Cuz everyone is interested, and Lavar is famous cuz most hate him. Lonzo is the beneficiary of this publicity brought from his dad. 

hogwood

• Hogvillian
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2017, 09:06:48 am »

That makes you a sad, little person. His dad should only cause you to think negatively of his dad.

They are the young Kardashians of the NBA. I would hate to see this kind of family or player associated with this crowd take over the NBA. No doubt that is Lavar's goal. Lonzo is on the same team with his Dad. I too hope they fail for the sake of the NBA.

Hawg Red

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2017, 09:18:09 am »

They are the young Kardashians of the NBA. I would hate to see this kind of family or player associated with this crowd take over the NBA. No doubt that is Lavar's goal. Lonzo is on the same team with his Dad. I too hope they fail for the sake of the NBA.

If youíve seen the other two Ball boys play, you wouldnít be worried about them taking over the NBA. Lonzo is the only NBA prospect among them. At least the only legitimate long-term NBA prospect. But, hey, if youíre the kind of person that wants to see a kid fail because his dad is a loudmouth, I still say thatís incredibly small of you. Judge people on their own actions.

Hawg Red

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2017, 09:24:53 am »

No doubt. He had a lot of accomplishments as a college player. I'm not arguing that.

But where are the every day ESPN articles about Fultz? Who does everyone ask questions about...Fox? How many extremely talented top 5 players in the draft get breaking news lines on TV every time they eat a taco?

None.

Lonzo has 3 articles on ESPN right now...and 2 of the 3 are basically "Lonzo tweets a rap song" and "Who hates Lonzo?" Why? Cuz of his loudmouth dad. Nothing else. Yes. He had a great college career...but cmon. Don't be naive here. The Balls are polarizing. You either love them or hate them, which makes for great journalism. Cuz everyone is interested, and Lavar is famous cuz most hate him. Lonzo is the beneficiary of this publicity brought from his dad.

I donít love or hate the Balls because Iím not weak-minded. Iím also not interested in any of them outside of Lonzo as a player because I feel like his game fits a new-age Showtime Laker feel. By about the 3rd dumb thing LaVar made the headlines for saying, I knew he was something to take off the radar. The rest of you feel for it hook, line and sinker. He wants you to not like him. Youíre helping him.

Of course Lonzo has benefitted from the publicity. My only point is that heís not only known for that. Itís my opinion that without his dadís headlines, Lonzo would still be talked about more than the previous two #1 picks because heís not missing his rookie year and he didnít play at a nationally-irrelevant program like Washington. Being a Laker helps, too.

greenEGnHAWGS

• Senior
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2017, 07:03:02 pm »

I donít love or hate the Balls because Iím not weak-minded. Iím also not interested in any of them outside of Lonzo as a player because I feel like his game fits a new-age Showtime Laker feel. By about the 3rd dumb thing LaVar made the headlines for saying, I knew he was something to take off the radar. The rest of you feel for it hook, line and sinker. He wants you to not like him. Youíre helping him.

Of course Lonzo has benefitted from the publicity. My only point is that heís not only known for that. Itís my opinion that without his dadís headlines, Lonzo would still be talked about more than the previous two #1 picks because heís not missing his rookie year and he didnít play at a nationally-irrelevant program like Washington. Being a Laker helps, too.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the amount of exposure he would be getting if Lavar wasn't around. Head to head vs great players, Lonzo tends to disappear.

Also, I'm so glad you're not weak minded...but most angst toward Lavar isn't what he says or what he does, but instead about how much exposure he gets on national media for just being a blowhard. I can't turn on ESPN without an interview with him being discussed, and I'd rather not have to turn the channel just because I'd rather not be annoyed by his stupidity.

southarkhog06

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2017, 02:14:19 am »

I forsee a very messy falling out in a few years, possibly with a "father sues son" story.

hogwood

• Hogvillian
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2017, 06:13:07 am »

If youíve seen the other two Ball boys play, you wouldnít be worried about them taking over the NBA. Lonzo is the only NBA prospect among them. At least the only legitimate long-term NBA prospect. But, hey, if youíre the kind of person that wants to see a kid fail because his dad is a loudmouth, I still say thatís incredibly small of you. Judge people on their own actions.

Lonzo himself ignorantly dissed and discredited MJ as well as Kobe in some silly twitter barage... He's worthless in my book, too. Hopefully he'll straighten out, but until then I hope the vets hound him.

Hawg Red

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2017, 10:39:34 am »

Lonzo himself ignorantly dissed and discredited MJ as well as Kobe in some silly twitter barage... He's worthless in my book, too. Hopefully he'll straighten out, but until then I hope the vets hound him.

I'm unaware of this, and that would definitely change my perception of him for sure.

Hawg Red

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2017, 10:41:59 am »

We'll have to agree to disagree on the amount of exposure he would be getting if Lavar wasn't around. Head to head vs great players, Lonzo tends to disappear.

Also, I'm so glad you're not weak minded...but most angst toward Lavar isn't what he says or what he does, but instead about how much exposure he gets on national media for just being a blowhard. I can't turn on ESPN without an interview with him being discussed, and I'd rather not have to turn the channel just because I'd rather not be annoyed by his stupidity.

Agree that Lonzo has not done well on the highest stages. I don't think he he was the #2 player in the draft, but he was pretty good overall as a freshman.

greenEGnHAWGS

• Senior
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2017, 12:20:45 pm »

Agree that Lonzo has not done well on the highest stages. I don't think he he was the #2 player in the draft, but he was pretty good overall as a freshman.

Overall yes. He did well.

hobhog

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2017, 08:46:33 pm »

Whatever. His dad asked for it. Can't help it if he's a jerk and throws his kids under the bus for attention and money. I'll root against his kid if I want- it's all a big show, right?

greenEGnHAWGS

• Senior
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2017, 09:44:51 pm »

Whatever. His dad asked for it. Can't help it if he's a jerk and throws his kids under the bus for attention and money. I'll root against his kid if I want- it's all a big show, right?

The deal with Lavar is he is basically pimping out his sons for his own personal gain. If Lonzo begins to show all-star status, its his dad who wins. Yes...Lonzo will be rewarded for his efforts...but so will loudmouth Lavar. That's why people root against the Ball brothers.

Hawg Red

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2017, 09:14:23 am »

I guess I don't understand why it's so hard to tune out LaVar Ball and just view Lonzo through a separate lens. But let me prep you guys for the youngest boy. I think his name is LaMelo. He gives off a vibe that he is more like LaVar. And his game is the worst. He's the kid that scored like 92 points in a game last year and it was one of the grossest displays of basketball I've ever seen. He's the anti-Lonzo in terms of the way he plays the game. He plays like LaVar talks. So get ready to hate him if you don't already. The middle boy, I think, is quiet like Lonzo but his game doesn't really stand out. I think he's a 3-star and will be a freshman at UCLA this year.

Big Nasty 34

• Hogvillian
  • John 3:16
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2017, 09:30:49 am »

I guess I don't understand why it's so hard to tune out LaVar Ball and just view Lonzo through a separate lens. But let me prep you guys for the youngest boy. I think his name is LaMelo. He gives off a vibe that he is more like LaVar. And his game is the worst. He's the kid that scored like 92 points in a game last year and it was one of the grossest displays of basketball I've ever seen. He's the anti-Lonzo in terms of the way he plays the game. He plays like LaVar talks. So get ready to hate him if you don't already. The middle boy, I think, is quiet like Lonzo but his game doesn't really stand out. I think he's a 3-star and will be a freshman at UCLA this year.

Melo is also the one that Lavar pulled out of school because the coach told him he wouldn't be shooting 50+ times a game like last year.

It's a circus and a bummer for Lonzo and Leangelo but it's really all brought on by ESPN and FS1 having daddy on tv nearly every day.

greenEGnHAWGS

• Senior
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2017, 12:21:39 pm »

I know about LaMelo. I watched the highlight tape where he shot like 5% on his 50 shots or something. And youíre right, heís the anti-Lonzo. Lonzo looks to pass first while Melo looks to short first.

Again, I hate it for the kids that they canít just go out there and play ball...and enjoy the competition for what it is. Cuz Lavar is making it about the BBB that he is trying to create through his sons. Donít know if Melo even wanted to go to high school but daddy is doing whatís best for his brand.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas