Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs beat Auburn

Started by Hogopolis, October 18, 2017, 07:37:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogopolis

I can shake this feeling.   I feel Cole Kelley will pass for 300 yards and lead the offense up and down the field mixing in the hurry up offense.  Hogs win 41-35.   After the game it is announced Austin Allen's shoulder will keep him sidelined another couple weeks.  It's Kelleys team now, for the next 3 and 1/2 years. 

East Clintwood

I heard about that tractor-trailer that ran you over.

It's hell when you first wake up after something like that, your brain is all scrambled up and wild, wonderful thoughts are just zipping every which way in your brain. 

After a few days, things start to get back to normal.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

PORKULATOR

Drugs help. I just smoked the ganj' and I believe it. Have since the Bama game. I think CK is more than Poor Beagle realizes.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

BrickTwnHog

Quote from: Hogopolis on October 18, 2017, 07:37:35 pm
I can shake this feeling.   I feel Cole Kelley will pass for 300 yards and lead the offense up and down the field mixing in the hurry up offense.  Hogs win 41-35.   After the game it is announced Austin Allen's shoulder will keep him sidelined another couple weeks.  It's Kelleys team now, for the next 3 and 1/2 years.

seems every week there is a post that is some variation of this

Hogs 24
Gus bus 42

auburn should run for 350 yards

p.s not a Gus fan, just have lost all faith in this coaching staff

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

BigBrandonAllenFan

I'm kinda with the OP here.  I think Arkansas may indeed pull this one off.  Auburn isn't exactly gang busters, and Arkansas is taking a big step down in class of competition this week.  Kinda like a horse that just ran eighth in a field of twelve and then drops to race for the half the purse next time out.

jgphillips3

We won't be able to stop their run.  They are going to gash us and grind us down too.  We'll score some points probably.   Best case scenario is probably a 45-21 loss or some such.

Al Boarland

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on October 18, 2017, 08:40:26 pm
I'm kinda with the OP here.  I think Arkansas may indeed pull this one off.  Auburn isn't exactly gang busters, and Arkansas is taking a big step down in class of competition this week.  Kinda like a horse that just ran eighth in a field of twelve and then drops to race for the half the purse next time out.

Well, we've played all kinds of competition and didn't look very good doing it.

Rayzback

We getting better. Last year, Auburn went for 78 yds on the opening play. We limited Bama to a 75 yd run last weekend. If we can get past the first play of the game, there is hope.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Danny J

If we use the same lineups we used against Bama, more uptempo offense and a more aggressive D then I think this game will be close. I promise you guys our players remember that ass whipping we took last year. If they win it won't be by 15 or 16 like Vegas thinks. Wouldn't surprise me to see us go to OT.

Remember 2015...that OT game against Auburn turned that season around.

1highhog

You can shake this feeling,,, well, I admire your pluck and it's great when you feel strongly about your home team, but you need to face reality as well.  There's no way we score 41 points on Auburns defense.

code red

You obviously haven't watched Auburn's defense.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hotdog hog

Don't think it's impossible for us to win the game. It would take us playing bend don't break defense and make them take the ball the length of the field without giving up the big plays. Nothing to say if we won the turnover battle, or penalty yardage stalled a few drives we could pull it off. But to me it would have to be a lower scoring affair. Something like 21-20.

These guys should have a fire in their belly after last year. And Auburn might have more of a hangover from last week than you think.
The Mississippi State game in 98 comes to mind.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Danny J on October 18, 2017, 08:50:23 pm
If we use the same lineups we used against Bama, more uptempo offense and a more aggressive D then I think this game will be close. I promise you guys our players remember that ass whipping we took last year. If they win it won't be by 15 or 16 like Vegas thinks. Wouldn't surprise me to see us go to OT.

Did they remember every season they lost to A&M?

Hogindasticks

Quote from: code red on October 18, 2017, 09:01:45 pm

I hope so.......tired of seeing Allens on the field.

greasy_corner

Quote from: hotdog hog on October 18, 2017, 09:04:20 pm
These guys should have a fire in their belly after last year. And Auburn might have more of a hangover from last week than you think.
The Mississippi State game in 98 comes to mind.

So you're saying that all we need is for Bo Mattingly to DD for the barn kicker and we are golden?

WaltonCollege

Quote from: Rayzback on October 18, 2017, 08:46:52 pm
We getting better. Last year, Auburn went for 78 yds on the opening play. We limited Bama to a 75 yd run last weekend. If we can get past the first play of the game, there is hope.
What?

hotdog hog

Quote from: greasy_corner on October 18, 2017, 09:14:05 pm
So you're saying that all we need is for Bo Mattingly to DD for the barn kicker and we are golden?
Good One lol!

axharbor

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on October 18, 2017, 08:40:26 pm
[/quotet]

Auburn is taking a bigger step down in competition this week.

Alabama defense is ranked #4 nationally. They have also had the stat padding benefit of already facing Arkansas. Auburn defense is ranked #13 nationally without the benefit of Arkansas padding those rankings.

LSU's defense is ranked #22 nationally while the Hogs rank #56.

Offensively Alabama ranks #15 and LSU ranks #76. Arkansas ranks #96 while Auburn ranks #45.

Looks to me that we are going from Alabama who's average ranking was 9.5 to playing Auburn's average ranking of 29.

Auburn is going from playing LSU with an average ranking of 49 to Arkansas with an average rank of 76.  Let's not forget that Arkansas has already done their part to make Alabama look even better.  Auburn is definitely taking a bigger step down in competition this week than Arkansas is. 

Obviously none of these teams have identical schedules so Arkansas padding bama's stats is more of me poking an elbow in the ribs than anything but either way, it appears Auburn is taking a bigger step down in competition this week...  I was really a bit surprised the score wasn't worse last week so I guess if we take moral victories, there's that...

Rayzback

Danny J

Quote from: Al Boarland on October 18, 2017, 09:11:49 pm
Did they remember every season they lost to A&M?
It worked for most of the first half but point taken. I still believe if we do the things I mentioned above it will be a close game. Just have a feeling.

Hogindasticks

Auburn has had a tendency to wear out after the first half...they haven't been able to finish well either of the last two games.  If we can have  a strong first half.....look out.

Roaringboar

They won't use a hurry-up offense......Bert's never even really tried to incorporate the hurry-up offense.....in the end, you're going to realize that feeling is just gas..........63-3 Auburn........
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Tarheelhawg

I don't think that we can stop their run, but I hope to be wrong.  It could end up as a 35 - 21 loss for the Hogs but be spun as a moral victory. My heart says Hogs win by 7, but my head says Hogs lose by 21.

majestic

Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

elksnort

Quote from: Danny J on October 18, 2017, 08:50:23 pm

Agree, and if our players don't come out with fire in their eyes then there's no help for them.

East Clintwood

East Clintwood

A quick trip to your doctor for some antibiotics and that feeling will go away soon.

carolinahogger

Of course, South Carolina stomped a mud hole in us so we will beat Auburn.

And Auburn hasn't been finishing strong.  When was the last game the Hogs finished?  November 2016?

Danimal

I've actually had a weird feeling about this game all week too, though knowin' my luck it'll turn out to be a brain tumor.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Beliema and a hurry up offense?  That's more like Auburn's offense.  The only hurry up offense we have is 3 and OUT.

Wild Bill Hog

The only thing that will stop Auburn Saturday is the final buzzer.

alohawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 18, 2017, 08:41:16 pm
We won't be able to stop their run.  They are going to gash us and grind us down too.  We'll score some points probably.   Best case scenario is probably a 45-21 loss or some such.

Yep, go back and watch the first play Alabama ran.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Cambridge Hog

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 18, 2017, 10:09:30 pm
Auburn has had a tendency to wear out after the first half...they haven't been able to finish well either of the last two games.  If we can have  a strong first half.....look out.

Good thing we are strong in the second half...

Shrevepork

You are right about that.

TNhawgfan

Why am i not surprised? I mean there were some on here saying we'd beat bama. I can't believe there are people left who can't see how bad this has become, but apparently there are
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

TrueBlue

I think we will do better than we did with Bama. Instead of being tied the first 15 seconds of the game, I think we can last up to a minute this week. (On second thought, that is what I told her last night...)

MuskogeeHogFan

To have a chance to win this game I estimate that we will need to rush for 190 yards and pass for 250 while limiting Auburn to 140 rushing and 250 passing. By the way, we will need a FG in this game. Can that happen? Absolutely. Will it? Up to the team and coaching staff.
Go Hogs Go!

The real Hogules

Boy, the OP is in for a rude awakening, come Saturday evening.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 18, 2017, 10:09:30 pm

AUBURN has had a tendency to wear out after the first half? There's two sides to that coin.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 19, 2017, 02:14:11 am
The only thing that will stop Auburn Saturday is the final buzzer.

We need about an hour+ lightning delay, followed by heavy rain...they'll get bored & just want to get it over with. Then we'll have 'em right where we want 'em
It'll work...it happens on TV all the time.
[cue evill laugh]
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Rayzback

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 19, 2017, 07:09:41 am
We need about an hour+ lightning delay, followed by heavy rain...they'll get bored & just want to get it over with. Then we'll have 'em right where we want 'em
It'll work...it happens on TV all the time.
[cue evill laugh]

The elevators ready....  payback.

GuvHog

Quote from: code red on October 18, 2017, 09:01:45 pm

Yes I have. Last Saturday I watched a struggling unranked LSU team spot Auburn 17 points then watched a struggling LSU offense come back to beat Auburn while their struggling Defense held Auburn's high powered offense to 7 points in the second half. Auburn's defense struggled against an average LSU offense last Saturday.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

jgphillips3

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on October 19, 2017, 04:35:18 am
Good thing we are strong in the second half...

Okay...this literally made me spit my drink.

Vantage 8 dude

Well at that rate as long as their first play from scrimmage is further away from the end zone than their 28 we actually might have a chance to stop 'em before they score.

Ex-Trumpet

Gotta love someone that can find a silver lining--in ANYTHING!!!  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

jst01

Quote from: GuvHog on October 19, 2017, 08:03:23 am
Yes I have. Last Saturday I watched a struggling unranked LSU team spot Auburn 17 points then watched a struggling LSU offense come back to beat Auburn while their struggling Defense held Auburn's high powered offense to 7 points in the second half. Auburn's defense struggled against an average LSU offense last Saturday.

true that did happen; however, I would wager that 1 - 2 Hog defensive players would even play on that LSU defense. From a pure talent and skill perspective, LSU is well beyond AR's defense. 

DeltaBoy

Bret gets his first win after being down at the half this week.  Down 24-3 at the half Hogs root out a win 28 -24 .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

logic

Actually, the Hogs might win. Based on the money-lines which on average are remarkably accurate, Arkansas has almost a 20 percent chance of winning.

LJHOG

Hogs beat Auburn!  Yeah, to the locker room.